Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:50:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227829 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1564804 times)
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2012, 02:55:56 PM »

I give up

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2012, 03:31:40 PM »

I will agree that of all GNR cds, Chinese Democracy is the one with a more pop music feel and sound. It certainly has some elements of pop music, and it's certainly a more commercial and more mellow album then the previous releases if that's what you're trying to say. At the same time it's the one album of all the GNR albums that is more experimental and that kind of was more risky to release, because of the new elements and completely different approach that Axl put into it.

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2012, 06:28:16 PM »

Added a new quote from a new DJ interview.

"That?s our goal right now: to work on the new record and get out and tour a bunch more. We?re leaving in May for Europe for two-and-a-half months, and I know we?ll get a lot of stuff done on the road."

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/sixx-am-guns-n-roses-dj-ashba-0510-2012.aspx

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2012, 06:44:51 PM »

"That?s our goal right now: to work on the new record and get out and tour a bunch more. We?re leaving in May for Europe for two-and-a-half months, and I know we?ll get a lot of stuff done on the road."

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/sixx-am-guns-n-roses-dj-ashba-0510-2012.aspx

Nice read.  Glad to hear they're still aiming for a release "soon".  I'm still rooting for this fall during the U.S. tour but we'll see....
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2012, 07:30:04 PM »

So you wanna go on and on about this for over two months while the band is on tour over here in Europe?

Not the best timing to start this discussion in my opinion... Could've waited until August.

Tongue

/jarmo

Oh, please.

I'm looking for a quote about "The General".

It's about Brain being part of writing the song, it might have described the song as well.. Anyone have this at hand?

umm... I don't know... last year Brain had this song called 'the General' that was really cool... and another song called "we were lying [not sure if thats the name he said]" ... I don't know [...] (Dizzy Reed, Sp1at, January 2006)

I just want to clarify something about The General...

Chris told me in an email in 2008 that the 2006 intro music was indeed The General, after messaging him via myspace. But in 2010, GN'R started using another intro, but it was very similar to the 2006 one, (orchestral jaws type of music). So I'm guessing that this is still The General, but played from a different point in the song.

So the 2006 and 2010 intro music are both The General right?, but played from different points in the instrumental.

I think they are the same point in the instrumental. I believe that they worked on the track since then and changed the instrumental track.

There is a leaked photo of an early version of the back of the album with the tracklist that had The General as the first song. I'm assuming that they had worked on The General and tweaked it as they did for all the other songs that we heard early versions of before CD was released. We can conclude that The General was originally meant to be released on CD but they decided against it, however it was being worked on after the 2006 tour.

Broski
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2012, 12:02:39 AM »

You guys are working on a new album. Any idea when it might drop?

We have tons of ideas we?re throwing around, but we have yet to officially sit down and really start piecing something together. But, the cool thing about us is that the process goes fairly quick. When we get together, we usually have too many ideas, so it?s a really fun process making a record. We don?t overthink things, and if they feel right, we go by our gut and heart on that, so it?s pretty fun. It?s pretty funny. We order pizzas and sit around laugh and literally go back to old school, picking up old acoustics and jamming and having fun, and before you know it, we have a bunch of cool songs. -dj ashba

Broski
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2012, 01:39:41 AM »

We have tons of ideas we?re throwing around, but we have yet to officially sit down and really start piecing something together. But, the cool thing about us is that the process goes fairly quick. When we get together, we usually have too many ideas, so it?s a really fun process making a record. We don?t overthink things, and if they feel right, we go by our gut and heart on that, so it?s pretty fun. It?s pretty funny. We order pizzas and sit around laugh and literally go back to old school, picking up old acoustics and jamming and having fun, and before you know it, we have a bunch of cool songs. -dj ashba

I think he's talking about Sixx AM there.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2012, 02:28:03 AM »

I think he's talking about Sixx AM there.

Jesus, how did I miss that? I'm losing it today.

Broski
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2012, 05:50:01 AM »

Sounds great.. and there is no doubt that there is a new record in the works.. They are talking about "the new record" and not "the next album". I guess that means that there is some kind of a context of new material

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2012, 01:40:47 PM »

I'm sure I'll get ("old school" word alert) flamed for saying it...but, Drew, I am actually somewhat in your camp.  How long did Axl presumably work on the lyrics, but yet the major hooks to a few songs (Rhiad, If The World, CITR, Scraped) use some derivative of "nah, nah, nah" or "oh oh oh".  I guess it's catchy in a sense (that's why they are called "hooks"), but couldn't Axl come up with something better than that after X amounts of years refining these songs? 

Don't get me wrong, I love Chinese Democracy, but I think the point about lyrical content (or lack thereof) has some merit.  I can only hope the next album isn't so concerned w/ coming up with catchy, yet nonsensical, "earworms" and focuses more on the lyrics as an "art", catchyness be damned.   

I will agree that of all GNR cds, Chinese Democracy is the one with a more pop music feel and sound. It certainly has some elements of pop music, and it's certainly a more commercial and more mellow album then the previous releases if that's what you're trying to say. At the same time it's the one album of all the GNR albums that is more experimental and that kind of was more risky to release, because of the new elements and completely different approach that Axl put into it.

Exactly, and both of you said it well. Thank you tippasaurus and Halo69.  Smiley

I enjoy several of the songs that contain these "pop lyrics" if you will. I just don't enjoy the pop lyrics parts. It tremendously weakens the song for me. If CD was indeed experimental, I'm completely okay with that as well. I don't have any problem with a band trying new things. And if they do try something that I don't like or like, I'm going to give my opinion.

There's just the notion around here that if anything is said in a negative or criticizing way, a full on attack will come afterward for saying such things.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2012, 04:04:13 PM »

"Down By The Ocean" may well be Izzy's song "Box", which features the lyrics "lives in a box down by the ocean".

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2012, 04:47:22 PM »

Very interesting BUT....

I don't think it fair or right to criticise the "Nah Nah Nah" elements of some songs : the vocal melodies in songs like Rhiad and Catcher are not really designed for words, syntax, and verse. They are too short/long/the wrong shape for words.

However when you analyse the lyrics to songs like "Scraped", "Rhiad", "Madagascar" - these are songs that are complex thematically and you can tell Axl has chosen the words and concepts very precisely.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2012, 03:36:25 PM »

I don't think it fair or right to criticise the "Nah Nah Nah" elements of some songs

It's the silliest complaint ever.

One of the greatest song writing duos of all times wrote a song called Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
wadey
Legend

« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2012, 04:02:28 PM »

I don't think it fair or right to criticise the "Nah Nah Nah" elements of some songs

One of the greatest song writing duos of all times wrote a song called Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da!

/jarmo

followed by the line "Life Goes On"   hihi

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2012, 04:08:05 PM »

/jarmo

And Hey Jude does the same ofcourse but is still an amazing song. What about Miss You by the Stones, so many amazing songs that use this technique.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2012, 04:29:35 PM »

/jarmo
John actually had nothing to do with the writing of that song. He hated it. The White album is basically a beatles solo record.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2012, 05:42:07 PM »

I think thats what makes the white album great though. Can we stop pissing on the guy because he has HIS opinion on the NaNaNas? Hes entitled to his opinion. I just hope they all go in as a band and start from scratch. Theyve got this talented band. Let them create some magic in the studio from scratch. I dont want to see them go in and rerecord old songs that have been collecting dust somewhere. You have access to some talented musicians. Get the most out of them and come out with a kick ass album. Not overdubs on former members parts.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2012, 11:11:36 PM »

I think thats what makes the white album great though. Can we stop pissing on the guy because he has HIS opinion on the NaNaNas? Hes entitled to his opinion. I just hope they all go in as a band and start from scratch. Theyve got this talented band. Let them create some magic in the studio from scratch. I dont want to see them go in and rerecord old songs that have been collecting dust somewhere. You have access to some talented musicians. Get the most out of them and come out with a kick ass album. Not overdubs on former members parts.

Why not use tracks that weren't used for Chinese Democracy (remember Axl said he felt like the album was a double in the 2008 online chats), and songs newly recorded by the present lineup? I agree that the potential/talent of this lineup should be captured on compact disc, but why lose some killer stuff surely yet to be heard from Robin, Buckethead, Brain, or Paul in the process?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2012, 12:13:08 AM »

I believe and I want to tracks for new cd from:

Robin, Bucky, Brian, Izzy, Paul

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2012, 09:10:11 AM »

Why not use tracks that weren't used for Chinese Democracy (remember Axl said he felt like the album was a double in the 2008 online chats), and songs newly recorded by the present lineup? I agree that the potential/talent of this lineup should be captured on compact disc, but why lose some killer stuff surely yet to be heard from Robin, Buckethead, Brain, or Paul in the process?

Because they are no longer in the band. Axl's got a kick ass band right now. Lets see what they can come up with. As a musician I hate to see people rerecord or overdub other peoples parts. I feel like the longer music sits around the more you go in and find errors and try to tweak the sound. You should trust your intitial gut and record the tracks and release them. Let them release the other material separately as a rarity album or something.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: