Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:59:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1561729 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2600 on: December 04, 2014, 05:21:11 PM »

Would like to know what studio this is...    I am guessing it's in la.   Wonder if it wa the same as one used durring the cd recordings.     

Would also like to know if Caram is on hand.  He was a big part of helping finish up Chinese, and I would assume he'd be part of the followup as well.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2601 on: December 04, 2014, 06:41:47 PM »

They seemed like slightly different pictures.   The one axl tweeted the audio board had different lights lit up on it.   

Not sure about that considering Axl tweeted the Pitman mention.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2602 on: December 04, 2014, 06:49:19 PM »

They seemed like slightly different pictures.   The one axl tweeted the audio board had different lights lit up on it.   

Not sure about that considering Axl tweeted the Pitman mention.

/jarmo

Well if you just look at the lights on the board on the top left side.  The one pict has two lights on.  The other doesn't.   Unless I am missing something
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2603 on: December 04, 2014, 06:54:08 PM »

Well if you just look at the lights on the board on the top left side.  The one pict has two lights on.  The other doesn't.   Unless I am missing something

To me it looks like the image has been cropped.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #2604 on: December 04, 2014, 08:42:30 PM »

Would like to know what studio this is...    I am guessing it's in la.   Wonder if it wa the same as one used durring the cd recordings.     

ooh, yeah that's a crazy thought! Where the hell are they? They could be anywhere. Damn I hope this thing comes out soon!

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2605 on: December 04, 2014, 08:59:45 PM »

To me it looks like the image has been cropped.

/jarmo

Ahh.  Ya that makes more sence
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2606 on: December 04, 2014, 09:08:35 PM »

I was happy to  see this on my FB news feed. In regards to what Fortus said, I  wonder if it is the 7 songs that Slash, Duff, and Matt did before Slash left GNR.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2607 on: December 05, 2014, 07:24:22 AM »

Some of the vocals from CD were done at the Palms studio in Vegas.
http://www.musicradar.com/us/news/guitars/guns-n-roses-engineer-chinese-democracy-sessions-technically-flawless-184512

Didn't Axl hang around in Vegas after the residency this year? Could he have been working on music at the Palms?

It looks like a small mixing board in the picture, could this be a home studio in the picture? Many home studios are very well-equipped and very capable now with the digital advances that have been made in technology.

I'm very glad that the picture was posted so the people doubting several of the band members' words about music being chosen and worked on for the next album can be silenced.

It is a very good time to be a GNR fan, can't wait until the next tour is announced! love

I will be there!

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2608 on: December 05, 2014, 08:33:57 AM »

I'm very glad that the picture was posted so the people doubting several of the band members' words about music being chosen and worked on for the next album can be silenced.

I agree its very reassuring.  And a smart move by the band.

But don't you figure that we didn't get such a pic until now because this is the first time in a long time it would actually be true?

Does a pic in the here and now refute the claims they haven't been at this in any serious way in some time?  I think that's an uphill climb, that argument.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2609 on: December 05, 2014, 08:45:24 AM »

Exactly.  That's why I'm not sure how to reconcile his comments with Richard's saying that Axl is laying the vocals.  Is it already recorded and done or not? 

It's possible that it was recorded. But when looking at the material and going back to it, Axl felt like he could add something to it.
Or just simply because there was an opportunity to do something, he took it.

/jarmo

It's also not uncommon, during the mixing process, to want to add a vocal layer, backing track, or to need a slightly different take to match the mix.

Usually the music tracks can be worked with....but you can't mess with vocals as much.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2610 on: December 05, 2014, 09:33:20 AM »

Obviously you want your singer to be in the best possible voice for the studio.

Do you think that means he has to wait a certain amount of time after a tour to get optimum results?  While true, I am an expert on how the music business works, I must admit I've never been a singer.

Does that make sense?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2611 on: December 05, 2014, 09:39:11 AM »

Do you think that means he has to wait a certain amount of time after a tour to get optimum results?  While true, I am an expert on how the music business works, I must admit I've never been a singer.

Does that make sense?

I think, at least in my experience with talent (I worked for a venue for awhile in my younger days), it's pretty case by case.

I know some talent coming in wanted to record WHILE on the road...they liked the way their voice sounded when in use, regularly.

I know some talent coming in would have shuddered to think their "concert voice" was going to be on an album. They really preferred their voice after some rest, with less strain.

That's very anecdotal..but it makes sense to me, given my experience with playing guitar, and knowing others who do.  Some prefer "bright" strings, new out the pack.  Some prefer broken in strings, and keep a set around in case of a break....

As an aside: You would be SHOCKED at what the IT guy gets pulled into, at times....the weirdest crap suddenly becomes IT related.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2612 on: December 05, 2014, 09:42:20 AM »

As an addendum: It's completely possible things have changed, too.  My experience is roughly 20 years old, and was with mostly rock and pop acts.  Stuff is a LOT more "prepackaged" now...so there may be "vocal preferences" by the labels.  Who the hell knows...so much spontanaity has been lost in this industry. It's just no longer driven by the artists, anymore.... (and yes, I'm cynical).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:51:34 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2613 on: December 05, 2014, 10:35:43 AM »

Does that make sense?

After all we have heard of how a artists voice is like a instrument    How the voice has to be exercised and tuned.   How axls voice sounded much stronger near the end of this last tour than at the start.   I would say it would be best to get the singer in once all this has happend.   I can't see a voice sounding better after a break   Other than a night or so just to rest it
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #2614 on: December 05, 2014, 11:47:35 AM »

Does that make sense?

After all we have heard of how a artists voice is like a instrument    How the voice has to be exercised and tuned.   How axls voice sounded much stronger near the end of this last tour than at the start.   I would say it would be best to get the singer in once all this has happend.   I can't see a voice sounding better after a break   Other than a night or so just to rest it

This is an interesting question. I would really like to know more about how Axl's voice works. There seems to be so many variables involved whenever I try to imitate it and I can't really tell what causes it to sound better or worse. The best I was ever able to do was after eating some really greasy fried rice in the morning. The grease coated my vocal chords and let me create rasp a little better. I remember James Hetfield saying that honey was on Axl's list of demands when he played a show, "so he can sing like this (making a high raspy voice)".

But don't you figure that we didn't get such a pic until now because this is the first time in a long time it would actually be true?

Does a pic in the here and now refute the claims they haven't been at this in any serious way in some time?  I think that's an uphill climb, that argument.

lol, if you're gonna talk the shit then you should be able to eat the crow when it comes your way man! Anything to avoid being wrong, this guy!  Grin

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2615 on: December 05, 2014, 12:19:42 PM »

Does that make sense?

This is an interesting question. I would really like to know more about how Axl's voice works. There seems to be so many variables involved whenever I try to imitate it and I can't really tell what causes it to sound better or worse. The best I was ever able to do was after eating some really greasy fried rice in the morning. The grease coated my vocal chords and let me create rasp a little better. I remember James Hetfield saying that honey was on Axl's list of demands when he played a show, "so he can sing like this (making a high raspy voice)".

lol, if you're gonna talk the shit then you should be able to eat the crow when it comes your way man! Anything to avoid being wrong, this guy!  Grin

Haha, I agree Rudy  hihi

The picture of the studio does in no way signify that they are just now in the studio, but there was bound to be some straw grabbing and backtracking on some people's  parts.

I still say the board looks small for a commercial studio, but everything has gone digital and smaller in recent years, for better or worse.

When the new album is released, I fully intend on saying "I told you so" to a few people.
I got to rub a few people's faces in it in 2008, and fully intend on doing that very same thing again.

"Shut the fuck up."
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2616 on: December 05, 2014, 12:20:14 PM »

I'm not really sure on the voice thing, but all I know is that I believe he sounds much better after touring for a while.  When he first starts, it can be rough.

Rock In Rio when he was in that yellow rain coat, I didn't think he sounded great at all.  And please don't tell me it was because of the rain.

Other times, and usually after singing on the road for a while, he sounds much better to me.

I think the best I've heard him was during the Rose Bar sessions.  Outstanding!  But maybe that's because I enjoy the rasp.  Others may not so much.

On Chinese, I prefer the raspier songs like on Better, Madagascar, or IRS.  The higher voice in If The World, I'm not a fan of.  But when he goes to the rasp in that same song, I like. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 12:24:00 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2617 on: December 05, 2014, 12:24:57 PM »

I think the pic was a smart move, which I've said several times now.  Also think its great news, which I've said several times now.

But if someone is going to take this picture as a green light to puff out their chest as some "I told you so" about the band being in the studio, I only think that's valid for right now.

Does this pic, in your opinion, have any sort of correlation to what might have been done, or not, in the past few years?  I'd say no.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2618 on: December 05, 2014, 12:25:17 PM »

As an addendum: It's completely possible things have changed, too.  My experience is roughly 20 years old, and was with mostly rock and pop acts.  Stuff is a LOT more "prepackaged" now...so there may be "vocal preferences" by the labels.  Who the hell knows...so much spontanaity has been lost in this industry. It's just no longer driven by the artists, anymore.... (and yes, I'm cynical).

Thank you for sharing your experiences and insight, I enjoy reading first-hand accounts of people that are, or were actively involved and actually have had experience in the industry, as opposed to a lot of unbased and biased opinions and comments that someone has struggled to extract from an orifice to sound "informed and knowledgeable".

Appreciated, hope to read more from you. ok

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2619 on: December 05, 2014, 12:28:42 PM »

When the new album is released, I fully intend on saying "I told you so" to a few people.
I got to rub a few people's faces in it in 2008, and fully intend on doing that very same thing again.

Talk about a reach.

It will be great that the album is out.  But are you under the impression yours will come with a gold star because you "stayed loyal" and "always believed"?

Or that any of us motherless fucks that dared to ask a question during a half decade of nothing are somehow worse off than you?

We'll both have an album.  You'll just also have the big win of awarding yourself kudos in a fight that only you are scoring.  Bully for you, I guess.

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: