Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:54:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1560886 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2620 on: December 05, 2014, 12:28:46 PM »

I'm not really sure on the voice thing, but all I know is that I believe he sounds much better after touring for a while.  When he first starts, it can be rough.

Rock In Rio when he was in that yellow rain coat, I didn't think he sounded great at all.  And please don't tell me it was because of the rain.

Other times, and usually after singing on the road for a while, he sounds much better to me.

I think the best I've heard him was during the Rose Bar sessions.  Outstanding!  But maybe that's because I enjoy the rasp.  Others may not so much.

On Chinese, I prefer the raspier songs like on Better, Madagascar, or IRS.  The higher voice in If The World, I'm not a fan of.  But when he goes to the rasp in that same song, I like. 

Rose bar was a good show, I enjoyed that one a great deal.

I also enjoyed the last Rio show, despite the constant downpour, and it was not the "disaster" that many people who were not there choose to label it and sensationalize about.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2621 on: December 05, 2014, 12:31:53 PM »

When the new album is released, I fully intend on saying "I told you so" to a few people.
I got to rub a few people's faces in it in 2008, and fully intend on doing that very same thing again.

Talk about a reach.

It will be great that the album is out.  But are you under the impression yours will come with a gold star because you "stayed loyal" and "always believed"?

Or that any of us motherless fucks that dared to ask a question during a half decade of nothing are somehow worse off than you?

We'll both have an album.  You'll just also have the big win of awarding yourself kudos in a fight that only you are scoring.

You always attempt to make this about you.

It has nothing to do with you, I had numerous ex-friends tell me in the early 2000's that Chinese Democracy would "never be released".

I got the last laugh there, everything is not about you.   Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2622 on: December 05, 2014, 12:34:51 PM »

It has nothing to do with you, I had numerous ex-friends tell me in the early 2000's that Chinese Democracy would "never be released".

I got the last laugh there, everything is not about you.

Had this exact conversation with Jarmo in the past. 

He felt that an album that came out in Novermber 2008 was a real comeuppance for anyone that asked what the hell was taking so long during the years 2003-2008.

I just don't see it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2623 on: December 05, 2014, 12:36:35 PM »

I also enjoyed the last Rio show, despite the constant downpour, and it was not the "disaster" that many people who were not there choose to label it and sensationalize about.

Was it a show you'd consider a strong one you'd direct other people to as a good representation of what your favorite band can do?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2624 on: December 05, 2014, 12:40:05 PM »

He felt that an album that came out in Novermber 2008 was a real comeuppance for anyone that asked what the hell was taking so long during the years 2003-2008.

I just don't see it.

You don't  see anything that doesn't  support you narrative, so Im not surprised  in the least by this comment.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2625 on: December 05, 2014, 12:43:05 PM »

Was it a show you'd consider a strong one you'd direct other people to as a good representation of what your favorite band can do?

I have never been to a GNR show I was not thrilled and ecstatic to have  attended.

Were you in attendance, or are you one of the people that critiques shows you don't  attend? Hmmm? Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2626 on: December 05, 2014, 12:43:26 PM »

I just don't see it.

You don't  see anything that doesn't  support you narrative, so Im not surprised  in the least by this comment.

Irony be damned, I suppose.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2627 on: December 05, 2014, 12:45:13 PM »

I have never been to a GNR show I was not thrilled and ecstatic to have  attended.

Were you in attendance, or are you one of the people that critiques shows you don't  attend? Hmmm? Kiss

I don't consider that a real strong show, top to bottom, but I agree that the hate it gets online is a little much.

'November Rain' from that show is a true embarrassment.  But I stayed up all night to watch that thing online, and other than that tune, I thought it was decent.  Just not one I'd put in the alltime great wing.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2628 on: December 05, 2014, 12:45:33 PM »

Some of the vocals from CD were done at the Palms studio in Vegas.
http://www.musicradar.com/us/news/guitars/guns-n-roses-engineer-chinese-democracy-sessions-technically-flawless-184512

Didn't Axl hang around in Vegas after the residency this year? Could he have been working on music at the Palms?

It looks like a small mixing board in the picture, could this be a home studio in the picture? Many home studios are very well-equipped and very capable now with the digital advances that have been made in technology.

I'm very glad that the picture was posted so the people doubting several of the band members' words about music being chosen and worked on for the next album can be silenced.

It is a very good time to be a GNR fan, can't wait until the next tour is announced! love

I will be there!

I agree with the mixing board looking small.  And the possibility of a home studio is a good point.   I have never heard of a memeber of the current band having a home studio however.  Has anyone?  The audio board does look a little small, but it's also just a small picture as well possibly only showing a small part of the studio
In regards to recording music at the Palms.   When he recorded there in the past we heard about it right away   I feel if Axl did any recording there recently we would of heard of it again..  
Regdless the intrigue of where the recording/studio work is happening is very interesting.  

I am one who I wouldn't say doubt what memebers have said, but have questioned a lot of it.   Did I think they were working on stuff when at times they said they were....    Nope.  Did I hope they were....    Yep...  

Like I said I think 2015 will be a very interesting/exciting time to be a fan of this band and I can't wait.    

I really hope if new music doesn't come out though for 10 years that you are not running around and saying.  I told you so.  We are getting new music!!!   In 2024.    Really the band has been saying they have had music done for years.  Have said they have been working on music for years.  And have said we may hear or see new music for years.   So really there should be no chest pumping when it does come out.   Eventually it will.  But it's already been a very good long time.    
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2629 on: December 05, 2014, 12:45:48 PM »

I just don't see it.

Irony be damned, I suppose.

Works both ways, I see agenda written all over your comments and statements.

I suppose you see me as some cult-member, brainwashed, card carrying zombie.

C'est la vie

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2630 on: December 05, 2014, 12:49:15 PM »

I don't consider that a real strong show, top to bottom, but I agree that the hate it gets online is a little much.

'November Rain' from that show is a true embarrassment.  But I stayed up all night to watch that thing online, and other than that tune, I thought it was decent.  Just not one I'd put in the alltime great wing.

Watching it on the internet isn't  the same as being there, I agree with you that people that didn't  attend live to hate on that show, it is unwarranted imo.

I personally like the smaller venues over the larger, but that is a personal preference.

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2631 on: December 05, 2014, 12:49:26 PM »

I just don't see it.

Not really. But what else is new.
For all the so called fans who said it was never coming out, Axl and the band proved you wrong. That's it. No matter how you twist it, ridicule it or bring up your standard low bar argument.

Some of those people are at it again. No surprise there.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2632 on: December 05, 2014, 12:51:15 PM »

I really hope if new music doesn't come out though for 10 years that you are not running around and saying.  I told you so.  We are getting new music!!!   In 2024.    Really the band has been saying they have had music done for years.  Have said they have been working on music for years.  And have said we may hear or see new music for years.   So really there should be no chest pumping when it does come out.   Eventually it will.  But it's already been a very good long time.    

Been posting on message boards a long time, for several topics.  Music, TV shows, sports.

After awhile, settling scores on the board becomes paramount, even more so than discussion of the topic that first brought you there.  I have seen entire football seasons where talk of the on field product is secondary to ongoing flame wars about whatever.

When the album comes out, you can expect that here too.  The point I was trying to make to Emily is that both her, the righteous warrior of truth, as well as dissident fake fans pushing their negative agenda...both will have albums.  Is anyone other that her or anyone thinking like her going to really give a fuck about the "I told you so"?

I doubt that very much.  

We will all have an album we waited 7 years for.  If it makes anyone happier to call people they don't like mean names as we both listen...hey, salud.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2633 on: December 05, 2014, 12:53:35 PM »

Some of the vocals from CD were done at the Palms studio in Vegas.
http://www.musicradar.com/us/news/guitars/guns-n-roses-engineer-chinese-democracy-sessions-technically-flawless-184512

Didn't Axl hang around in Vegas after the residency this year? Could he have been working on music at the Palms?

It looks like a small mixing board in the picture, could this be a home studio in the picture? Many home studios are very well-equipped and very capable now with the digital advances that have been made in technology.

I'm very glad that the picture was posted so the people doubting several of the band members' words about music being chosen and worked on for the next album can be silenced.

It is a very good time to be a GNR fan, can't wait until the next tour is announced! love

I will be there!

I agree with the mixing board looking small.  And the possibility of a home studio is a good point.   I have never heard of a memeber of the current band having a home studio however.  Has anyone?  The audio board does look a little small, but it's also just a small picture as well possibly only showing a small part of the studio
In regards to recording music at the Palms.   When he recorded there in the past we heard about it right away   I feel if Axl did any recording there recently we would of heard of it again..  
Regdless the intrigue of where the recording/studio work is happening is very interesting.  

I am one who I wouldn't say doubt what memebers have said, but have questioned a lot of it.   Did I think they were working on stuff when at times they said they were....    Nope.  Did I hope they were....    Yep...  

Like I said I think 2015 will be a very interesting/exciting time to be a fan of this band and I can't wait.    

Several members have home studios that I am aware of.

I don't  in any way believe that the date of the picture posted represents the start of the working on music, it simply serves as some needed "proof" for some that doubted what numerous members of the band have been saying.

ok

"Shut the fuck up."
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2634 on: December 05, 2014, 12:55:39 PM »

I'm not really sure on the voice thing, but all I know is that I believe he sounds much better after touring for a while.  When he first starts, it can be rough.

Rock In Rio when he was in that yellow rain coat, I didn't think he sounded great at all.  And please don't tell me it was because of the rain.

Other times, and usually after singing on the road for a while, he sounds much better to me.

I think the best I've heard him was during the Rose Bar sessions.  Outstanding!  But maybe that's because I enjoy the rasp.  Others may not so much.

On Chinese, I prefer the raspier songs like on Better, Madagascar, or IRS.  The higher voice in If The World, I'm not a fan of.  But when he goes to the rasp in that same song, I like. 

I have seen a very good quality video of that last rio show.  And it is my opinion that it wasn't very good.  

I don't think its a bad thing by saying Axls voice sounds better the more he warms it up.  Excersises it.  And the longer the tour goes the better his voice sounds.   It's not a bad thing.   If you think Axl can take a year off and roll out of bed and hit all the notes and have a great sounding voice.  That's fine.    I don't think he can.  Not at 50 years old.   It would be like me thinking I could hit the track and be a star like I was in college   But in reality I would blow my knee out and need a oxygen tank!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2635 on: December 05, 2014, 12:55:56 PM »

Been posting on message boards a long time, for several topics.  Music, TV shows, sports.

After awhile, settling scores on the board becomes paramount, even more so than discussion of the topic that first brought you there.  I have seen entire football seasons where talk of the on field product is secondary to ongoing flame wars about whatever.

When the album comes out, you can expect that here too.  The point I was trying to make to Emily is that both her, the righteous warrior of truth, as well as dissident fake fans pushing their negative agenda...both will have albums.  Is anyone other that her or anyone thinking like her going to really give a fuck about the "I told you so"?

I doubt that very much.  

We will all have an album we waited 7 years for.  If it makes anyone happier to call people they don't like mean names as we both listen...hey, salud.

Backpeddling while playing pitiful is multitasking for you, very impressive  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2636 on: December 05, 2014, 12:57:56 PM »

For all the so called fans who said it was never coming out, Axl and the band proved you wrong. That's it. No matter how you twist it, ridicule it or bring up your standard low bar argument.

I guess it depends on what the other person actually said, right?

"This album will never, ever, ever come out.  Book it.  Write that down.  Write it in ink.  Write it in cement.  Its never happening.  I will bet you $1,000 and my left arm it never comes out.  That's how sure I am."

That guy?  Yeah, I could see breaking that guy's balls.  He went all in.

"This delay is fucking ridiculous.  How the hell does a rock album take this long?  He's not working on the cure for AIDS here.  After awhile, its as done as its gonna be.  Just put it out already, Axl.  You already have decent feedback via the leaks.  Get the show on the road already."

That guy?  I don't see as solid ground to break balls.  He just dared to open his mouth.  

And I would think there were more of the latter than the former.  

But, if you are in the camp that considers either position a gross injustice, perhaps you lump them all in together.  I don't know.  I'm not in your head.

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2637 on: December 05, 2014, 12:58:37 PM »

People are already starting to change course from Axl will never release another album to its going to suck.  For those who didn't like CD and complain about the live shows, I have a hard time understanding why they visit a GN'R message board daily.  Not here, but at mygnrforum obviously.  

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2638 on: December 05, 2014, 12:58:49 PM »

I have seen a very good quality video of that last rio show.  And it is my opinion that it wasn't very good.  

I don't think its a bad thing by saying Axls voice sounds better the more he warms it up.  Excersises it.  And the longer the tour goes the better his voice sounds.   It's not a bad thing.   If you think Axl can take a year off and roll out of bed and hit all the notes and have a great sounding voice.  That's fine.    I don't think he can.  Not at 50 years old.   It would be like me thinking I could hit the track and be a star like I was in college   But in reality I would blow my knee out and need a oxygen tank!

Seeing video is not the same as being in attendance. There are far too many that sit anonymously behind their computers and whine about shows and setlists for shows they dont attend.

Not saying you do this, it is something I have observed.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2639 on: December 05, 2014, 01:01:56 PM »

For years, I have said you never want one of the first 5 shows on a tour.  We all know Axl will not be in good vocal shape.

But I have to give credit to Jarmo for disproving that, at least a bit.  He pointed out that the 12/19/09 show was only the 4th of that tour.  And Axl sounds great.  I agree with him on that.  In fact, I consider it the best new band show overall.

On balance, I'd still rather they hit my town a bit later in the tour.  But Jarmo's point is a valid one, so you can't say that's always the case. 

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: