Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:49:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1559847 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2012, 05:52:36 PM »

I'm looking for a quote about "The General".

It's about Brain being part of writing the song, it might have described the song as well.. Anyone have this at hand?

Sebastian Bach heard it...
"One of my favorite songs ? I asked Axl if I could mention the song titles and he said "Fine" ? and one of my favorite songs is this song called "The General", which is so? it's by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard Axl do, this slow, grinding riff with these high, peircing vocals, screaming vocals. I was like, "When is this coming out?" And he said "2012" I was like, "Dude, you're killin' me!" He goes, "Well, this comes out on the third record. It relates to this song, it's a trilogy, this goes with this lyrically." He's got it all figured out, he's just different than other people."

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/sebastian-bach-knows-axl-rose-better-than-you-do

Thanks, I've added the quote. I just can't seem the quotes from Brain about writing it, though I know I've read it.

Why don't you just email and ask Brain about the song  ok

Actually I found one right after I posted that. I read the interview that CheapJon posted once again, and Dizzy mentioned 'The General' being a Brain song.  peace

It couldn't hurt shooting a mail to Brain though, maybe he'll shed some more light on it.  Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2012, 05:56:18 PM »

It's about Brain being part of writing the song, it might have described the song as well.. Anyone have this at hand?

"One of my favorite songs ? I asked Axl if I could mention the song titles and he said "Fine" ? and one of my favorite songs is this song called "The General", which is so? it's by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard Axl do, this slow, grinding riff with these high, peircing vocals, screaming vocals. I was like, "When is this coming out?" And he said "2012" I was like, "Dude, you're killin' me!" He goes, "Well, this comes out on the third record. It relates to this song, it's a trilogy, this goes with this lyrically." He's got it all figured out, he's just different than other people."

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/sebastian-bach-knows-axl-rose-better-than-you-do

Thanks, I've added the quote. I just can't seem the quotes from Brain about writing it, though I know I've read it.

Actually I found one right after I posted that. I read the interview that CheapJon posted once again, and Dizzy mentioned 'The General' being a Brain song.  peace

It couldn't hurt shooting a mail to Brain though, maybe he'll shed some more light on it.  Smiley

Absolutely, he usually responds. http://brainbeatz.com
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2012, 06:01:32 PM »

From an email I sent to Brain last year...

To: ********
Sent: Sun, Apr 10, 2011 2:49 pm
Subject: Re: Writing Cred

Yes I wrote the general! Not sure if bucket or robin are on it... It will have to be a surprise!!!

Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 17:56:52 -0400 (EDT)
To: <brain@brainbeatz.com>
Subject: Writing Cred

Hey Brain! Is it true that you co-wrote The General? Does Bucket have a solo on it or is it Robin, maybe both?  Would love to hear more about this already famous track!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 06:07:16 PM by sofine11 » Logged
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2012, 06:05:15 PM »

Brain is cool, and has responded to me in the past...

I asked him what was his biggest musical influence, and he responded by saying that Led Zeppelin was, and that "I'm just a straight up rock dude".  Smiley

But in all honesty, I would never ask him a GN'R related question as I wouldn't want to make him feel uncomfortable. Especially considering it's about an unreleased song, and on top of that, he's not the primarily drummer in the band anymore (although I'd love him to be).

I wouldn't want to put him in that spot as he might feel like it's in GN'Rs' and Axls' interest to remain respectful, and not divulge any information about unreleased GN'R songs.....

That's just me though, but I'm sure it's no harm trying.  Wink
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2012, 06:07:31 PM »

Ok, I wrote an e-mail to Brain (giving him a link to this thread) asking if he could give a little description of The General. Also if he knew anything about the other songs, I especially mentioned Thyme, Zodiac and Ides Of March.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2012, 06:11:55 PM »

Ok, I wrote an e-mail to Brain (giving him a link to this thread) asking if he could give a little description of The General. Also if he knew anything about the other songs, I especially mentioned Thyme, Zodiac and Ides Of March.

cool beans!

though i have moderate expectations
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2012, 06:19:29 PM »

Remember there are other GN'R members too, and other songs confirmed by Axl that could appear on the next album  ok

Report your feedback to this thread, and that could be a fun thing for people to read.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 06:21:18 PM by Mysteron » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2012, 06:37:16 PM »

But in all honesty, I would never ask him a GN'R related question as I wouldn't want to make him feel uncomfortable. Especially considering it's about an unreleased song, and on top of that, he's not the primarily drummer in the band anymore (although I'd love him to be).

I wouldn't want to put him in that spot as he might feel like it's in GN'Rs' and Axls' interest to remain respectful, and not divulge any information about unreleased GN'R songs.....

That's just me though, but I'm sure it's no harm trying.  Wink

I don't see it that way. He has dedicated a good part of the last 12(?) years to this band. I think he's proud over the stuff he has done. And I think he's happy that there's fans caring about him, his music and time spent in the band.

It's clear that Axl doesn't hold anyone to a leash and with rules of what they can and can't say.

You're not putting anyone to a spot, you're asking a question and is probably happy with whatever response you can get.

Having said that, I won't be sending any e-mails.  Tongue
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2012, 08:12:36 AM »

i'll tak a soundtrack song, an ep, a full length album or perhaps a box set o' Chinese Democracy B-Sides, live versions (of all CD era incarnations) n' demos...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2012, 08:51:53 AM »

Sounds like you want a Happy Meal! Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2012, 11:39:51 AM »

Surprisingly I still find myself listening to CD on a regular basis...I guess it's partially due to the fact that it's a great album and it's one of the few physical cd's I have in my car..But I'm ready for something new rather if  it's one song or an "over abundance" of songs...
Chinese Democracy, 10 minutes later I want to listen to it again!!
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2012, 03:07:15 PM »

Eh. I'm not gonna speculate.

I would love to hear what these guys come up with. Imagine what DJ, Bumblefoot, Stinson, and Fortus could come up with, and Axl's vocals to top it off? Yeah, that's exciting to think about.

Hope it happens! ok

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2012, 09:29:05 PM »

"Once I get the next things sorted out with the label, then I feel I can get to that creative place that I've been fighting to get to, and to use Guns N' Roses to do so."

"We'll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels, blah blah blah."

Wonder what the sorting out part is...
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2012, 02:17:35 AM »

I mostly wonder when.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2012, 03:53:50 AM »

Amazing Brain, Work Whit Buck, GN'R, Jungle Brother, Bernie, etc, etc... Influences of Electronic, HipHop, Classics Rock...

Amazing Drum, Producer, Dj, etc, etc..100% Artist Complete !!!

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2012, 07:14:16 AM »

I would love to get a more aggressive album, more industrial as well without exagerating of course.

Shacklers was too much industrial and too much wacky for me.

I'm more fond of an Oh My God kind of industrial sounding song. Fast singing, aggressive guitars and some nice drumming going with the flow.

I'm curious about Seven, Soul Monster, Re-worked Oh My God and Zodiac... something tells me they're great songs

Oh My God i cant deny this...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2012, 08:23:28 AM »

Isn't Shackler's just a heavy rock song? Doesn't sound industrial to me.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2012, 08:32:44 AM »

Not sure how he defines "industrial," but he could be referring in part to the laser sounds and whatever else Chris Pitman contributed to the track.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2012, 09:09:10 AM »

Laser sounds?
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2012, 09:29:04 AM »

Too me it sounds kinda like Rob Zombie industrial sound with a mix of wacky guitars... it's very cool don't get me wrong, but i was astonished when Oh My God came out... it is definitely the best "New" Gnr song to date.

I was kinda sad that there weren't more songs of this kind on CD, even though the album was pretty good.

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: