Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:11:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227771 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1558251 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2012, 09:36:27 AM »

I would love to get a more aggressive album, more industrial as well without exagerating of course.

Same \m/

Who knows how it would be with DJAshba... melodic and softrock meets heavy stuffz.

Isn't Shackler's just a heavy rock song? Doesn't sound industrial to me.

The final outcome yeah, it defintly has elements of industrial music tho.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2012, 10:11:00 AM »

Soul Monster should be a great LP name

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2012, 10:32:22 AM »

Laser sounds?

That was my reaction too.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2012, 01:21:19 PM »

Shacklers was too much industrial and too much wacky for me.

Agreed, Shackler's Revenge sounded very industrialized and materialized. Not of a fan of industrial rock anyways.

As far as the new album, I'm hoping there won't be anymore of the Uh..uh, Ah...ah, Lah..lah music. Just would like to get away from that Britney Spears, Beyonce, or some pop rock boy band type music.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2012, 01:41:21 PM »

I'm hoping there won't be anymore of the Uh..uh, Ah...ah, Lah..lah music. Just would like to get away from that Britney Spears, Beyonce, or some pop rock boy band type music.

I don't get it....Correct me if I am wrong but are you comparing the masterpeice that is Chinese Democracy to Britney and Beyonce?

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2012, 02:03:30 PM »

I don't get it....Correct me if I am wrong but are you comparing the masterpeice that is Chinese Democracy to Britney and Beyonce?

When it comes to the Uh..uh, Ah...ah, Lah..lah music, yes I am. This is exactly the type of music that a lot of pop rock artist release which reminds me of said performers when I listen to several of the songs on Chinese Democracy.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2012, 02:20:28 PM »

When it comes to the Uh..uh, Ah...ah, Lah..lah music, yes I am. This is exactly the type of music that a lot of pop rock artist release which reminds me of said performers when I listen to several of the songs on Chinese Democracy.

What the Fuck are you going on about? You're talking about Better, If The World and Catcher in the Rye? Yea they sound exactly like songs from Britney Spears and N Sync. Holy fuck...  Shocked

Axl's vocal delivery on all these songs is flawless. The part on If The World where the music soundfield fades from right to left when Axl's doing his thing is trippy as hell. Catcher in the Rye is beautiful... all of it. And Better... seriously wow.

Suggestion for you. Look into what you are eating. Something is off most likely due to malnutrition. Maybe you have been eating too much pink slime meat.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2012, 06:27:42 PM »

What the Fuck are you going on about? You're talking about Better, If The World and Catcher in the Rye? Yea they sound exactly like songs from Britney Spears and N Sync. Holy fuck...  :

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. The Uh..uh, Ah...ah, Lah..lah reminds me of said performers music.

It's the same type of lyrics just a different artist singing the lyrics.

Get over yourself, there's no malnutrition in my diet. It's an honest critique and opinion of mine, and I hope it doesn't appear in the next album. It's not my album and Axl will put what pleases him on the album. And that's okay cause it's only my point of view.

volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2012, 08:49:49 AM »

What the Fuck are you going on about? You're talking about Better, If The World and Catcher in the Rye? Yea they sound exactly like songs from Britney Spears and N Sync. Holy fuck...  :

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. The Uh..uh, Ah...ah, Lah..lah reminds me of said performers music.

It's the same type of lyrics just a different artist singing the lyrics.

Get over yourself, there's no malnutrition in my diet. It's an honest critique and opinion of mine, and I hope it doesn't appear in the next album. It's not my album and Axl will put what pleases him on the album. And that's okay cause it's only my point of view.

I still don't understand what you are saying or hearing the comparison to Britney and N Sync  confused

Give us a good example using youtube where we are going to say "yes this chinese democracy song sounds like one of britney's songs"

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2012, 10:14:26 AM »

I guess GNRs knockin on heavens door sounds like the Backstreet boys to drew as well.

volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2012, 10:50:46 AM »

I guess GNRs knockin on heavens door sounds like the Backstreet boys to drew as well.

Shackler's sounds a lot like Hit me one more time  hihi

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2012, 11:13:11 AM »

My Name For Next Album:

HOP

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2012, 11:19:58 AM »

I still don't understand what you are saying or hearing the comparison to Britney and N Sync  confused

Give us a good example using youtube where we are going to say "yes this chinese democracy song sounds like one of britney's songs"

I've already given you my example. When I hear the "Uh..uh, Ah...ah, Lah..lah" lyrics of certain songs on CD, it's the same lyrics that pop artist use as well for intros, fill-ins, and endings during the song.

For anyone of you to actually come to the conclusion that I'm saying that GN'R songs and pop artist music sound a like as far as music in general is ridiculous. When I hear Axl singing "Uh..uh, Ah...ah, Lah..lah", it reminds me of  what I'd hear in pop music. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with pop music. In this case, there was the similarities I didn't expect from a GN'R album. CD has several songs regarding this matter to me. 

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2012, 11:27:24 AM »

^ Another example is the "na-na-na-no-o..." part in You're Crazy.  It's a little known FACT that that part of the song was the primary inspiration for Boyz2Men.   peace

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2012, 01:04:45 PM »

^ Another example is the "na-na-na-no-o..." part in You're Crazy.  It's a little known FACT that that part of the song was the primary inspiration for Boyz2Men.   peace

If you say it's a fact, maybe it is. I wouldn't know cause I didn't hear a lot of their music.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2012, 01:13:33 PM »

If you say it's a fact, maybe it is. I wouldn't know cause I didn't hear a lot of their music.

I was just kidding, I'll try to be a little more obviously absurd next time.   
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2012, 01:18:40 PM »

I was just kidding, I'll try to be a little more obviously absurd next time.   

A lot of that goes on here so it's hard to be sure.

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2012, 01:41:08 PM »

Didn't Spears have a song called Baby? Axl said Baby at the end of Paradise City. I can't believe they included that song on Appetite.

There better not be even one mention of baby anywhere on the next album  rant

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2012, 01:51:55 PM »

Didn't Spears have a song called Baby? Axl said Baby at the end of Paradise City. I can't believe they included that song on Appetite.

Seems to be more of the absurdness as previously mentioned.

The same could be about words such as the, was, her, that, cause, etc. What else language could he use unless Axl starts singing in another language? Using the same words was never my criticism.

I know how hard it is for a lot of people on the message board to hear any type of criticism towards Axl or any GN'R member. It's an honest opinion and viewpoint of what I dislike about song. It's my opinion and nothing more. If you disagree, that's fine. If you agree, that's fine too.

tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2012, 02:54:07 PM »

Seems to be more of the absurdness as previously mentioned.

The same could be about words such as the, was, her, that, cause, etc. What else language could he use unless Axl starts singing in another language? Using the same words was never my criticism.

I know how hard it is for a lot of people on the message board to hear any type of criticism towards Axl or any GN'R member. It's an honest opinion and viewpoint of what I dislike about song. It's my opinion and nothing more. If you disagree, that's fine. If you agree, that's fine too.

I'm sure I'll get ("old school" word alert) flamed for saying it...but, Drew, I am actually somewhat in your camp.  How long did Axl presumably work on the lyrics, but yet the major hooks to a few songs (Rhiad, If The World, CITR, Scraped) use some derivative of "nah, nah, nah" or "oh oh oh".  I guess it's catchy in a sense (that's why they are called "hooks"), but couldn't Axl come up with something better than that after X amounts of years refining these songs? 

Don't get me wrong, I love Chinese Democracy, but I think the point about lyrical content (or lack thereof) has some merit.  I can only hope the next album isn't so concerned w/ coming up with catchy, yet nonsensical, "earworms" and focuses more on the lyrics as an "art", catchyness be damned.   

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: