Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:27:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1563863 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #8620 on: June 21, 2021, 11:53:07 AM »

It's time for a new album, no more excuses.  Can't keep playing the same 30 songs. beer

Ya know what’s funny? I wouldn’t even care if they didn’t play the new tracks live. Just having a new album out would just make me that more excited to see them live again! No doubt I’ll still be there in London either way next year  Grin

Put out a new album and add the single to the setlist. I can live with that.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #8621 on: June 21, 2021, 06:13:14 PM »

Im optimistic today, ill go with group G. At least a single!! peace
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8622 on: June 22, 2021, 08:36:23 AM »

Im optimistic today, ill go with group G. At least a single!! peace

I was optimistic last year, and I haven't changed my opinion.

I'm not buying the "their track record is ______ so then ________" theory.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8623 on: June 22, 2021, 08:29:40 PM »

I hope you are right, history is not on your side beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8624 on: June 23, 2021, 05:13:03 AM »

Oh, I've been wrong. Plenty of times. I thought there would be an album in 2006 or 2007. But it came out in 2008. No big deal.....

Life goes on.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8625 on: June 23, 2021, 12:22:16 PM »

Oh, I've been wrong. Plenty of times. I thought there would be an album in 2006 or 2007. But it came out in 2008. No big deal.....

Life goes on.

/jarmo

The "wild card" on the side of new music IMO is Slash and Duff. Axl never had an "equal" in the NuGnR era that could really push him. He now has "original" members (not here to talk about the 4 weeks that Tracii Guns and Rob Gardner were in the band) that are used to writing and releasing new music... they could be the push he needs.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8626 on: June 23, 2021, 01:05:32 PM »

Maybe. Duff and Slash are definitely more known in the (music) world than some past members. Not sure if that makes a difference in creating music.

I think it's a combination of things. It's not just the band, it's more than that. You need everyone on the same page. Band, label etc.

/jarmo

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #8627 on: June 23, 2021, 05:49:04 PM »

Life goes on.

/jarmo

The "wild card" on the side of new music IMO is Slash and Duff. Axl never had an "equal" in the NuGnR era that could really push him. He now has "original" members (not here to talk about the 4 weeks that Tracii Guns and Rob Gardner were in the band) that are used to writing and releasing new music... they could be the push he needs.
Your opinion is rather shaky as Slash and Duff haven’t gotten Axl and the GNR brand to release one note of new music in the 5 years they have been back in the band! At least somebody got OMG out of him back at the start of the new band.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8628 on: June 23, 2021, 08:55:58 PM »

Life goes on but how many wasted years will we have to wait for a new album. beer

Rizzo160
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #8629 on: June 24, 2021, 12:13:53 AM »

Life goes on but how many wasted years will we have to wait for a new album. beer

“If you are really into waiting, try holding your breath for Jesus, ’cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater.”
— Axl Rose

Amen!!!  beer

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #8630 on: June 24, 2021, 12:43:22 AM »

“If you are really into waiting, try holding your breath for Jesus, ’cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater.”
— Axl Rose

Amen!!!  beer

Er, we have no proof Jesus hears us but with that line, we know you're at least listening Axl.   hihi   

rant  He asked for it.   hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8631 on: June 24, 2021, 07:40:37 AM »

Wasted?

Time isn't wasted as long as the person is happy. I'd rather have a happy band than a band that didn't "waste" time that's unhappy.

/jarmo

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8632 on: June 24, 2021, 09:12:56 AM »

Life goes on.

/jarmo

Your opinion is rather shaky as Slash and Duff haven’t gotten Axl and the GNR brand to release one note of new music in the 5 years they have been back in the band! At least somebody got OMG out of him back at the start of the new band.

Meaning they still have time... think about how long it took for CD... And the release of OMG really isn't much different than the Shadow release in the box set. At least Shadow got cleaned up from demo form unlike OMG.

With that said Jarmo made a good point, or at least an accurate point. This is all about Axl/Brasil and the label. There is no other band that seems to have as much trouble getting new music through, which makes me question how real that is. With the success these tours have had the label should be looking to capitalize so I can't see them being a road block at all. With that said I'm sure there appetite for constant retooling is probably similar to the CD Era, which pushes this firmly back on Axl and his constant tinkering, and that is what I'm hoping Slash and Duff would be able to nudge him along with now that the hatchet was buried.

With touring starting back up and the world (or most of it) open, the "We can't do this during COVID" excuse goes away.

I'm hopeful

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8633 on: June 24, 2021, 12:26:04 PM »

If the rumours are to be believed the album’s been done for a while now, certainly in excess of 12 months. So, I guess it comes down to negotiations between Axl/TB and the label. Not too dissimilar to the 18 month period prior to Chinese coming out I guess. Difference is back then, there was the powerhouse Azoff dealing. Not to cast aspersions on TB, but I’m sure you get my point

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8634 on: June 24, 2021, 02:22:11 PM »

Yes. Universal Music did put out he AFD re-issue.

But that didn't really require a lot of band involvement.

Now, new studio music is different. I'm guessing Axl and the band would like to know how Universal Music would handle the promotion.

I think the difference between GN'R, and any other band that people like to compare them to, is that some of them are not signed to major record companies. While others might be signed on deals where records and merch are all in the same contract so it makes "sense" for the business people involved for the artist to put out music to tour and sell merchandise....

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8635 on: June 24, 2021, 03:31:56 PM »

Sorry, do you mean that Guns’ records and merch are not part of the same contract? Meaning that it doesn’t make business sense for the label to tie-in a record release with a tour?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8636 on: June 24, 2021, 04:49:46 PM »

Sorry, do you mean that Guns’ records and merch are not part of the same contract? Meaning that it doesn’t make business sense for the label to tie-in a record release with a tour?

I don't know. What I meant is that some artists today have deals with are made with companies that handle everything.

All I know is that these so called 360 deals weren't necessarily around when GN'R signed to Geffen.

Back then, the record companies released music to sell and artists toured to sell more records.

Today, someone can be signed to a deal where one company makes money on everything from records to t-shirts. Others are signed to more "traditional" deals where the record company handles the music, another company handles the merch and so on.

Or you're independent. And license your music to a label.... Which I guess is what a band like Metallica does.

Of course it makes sense to release new music to coincide with a tour. Both promote each other.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 04:53:59 PM by jarmo » Logged

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8637 on: June 24, 2021, 08:07:48 PM »

Hopefully we get new music in that this is a brand new tour. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8638 on: June 25, 2021, 08:58:08 AM »

Five weeks until the start of the tour.

Let's see what happens. Smiley

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8639 on: June 25, 2021, 12:50:40 PM »

I’m just so excited at even the prospect of a new Guns album. I’m 44 years old and still get excited like I did about the release of UYI when I was 13/14. I never had the anticipation for the release of Appetite as it was hearing that record that got me into GnR.

Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: