Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:32:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549178 times)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8640 on: June 25, 2021, 09:42:55 PM »

I’m just so excited at even the prospect of a new Guns album. I’m 44 years old and still get excited like I did about the release of UYI when I was 13/14. I never had the anticipation for the release of Appetite as it was hearing that record that got me into GnR.

I have to admit that I'm going to nerd out when the new GNR album comes out. I'm soon to be 45 and I will most definitely be posting it everywhere  when it comes out.
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8641 on: June 27, 2021, 11:55:44 AM »

I’m just so excited at even the prospect of a new Guns album. I’m 44 years old and still get excited like I did about the release of UYI when I was 13/14. I never had the anticipation for the release of Appetite as it was hearing that record that got me into GnR.

I have to admit that I'm going to nerd out when the new GNR album comes out. I'm soon to be 45 and I will most definitely be posting it everywhere  when it comes out.

i am even older and will be doing the same
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8642 on: June 27, 2021, 12:54:50 PM »

Nothing wrong with supporting artists whose music you enjoy... Smiley

It seems like when were teenagers, being into a band and/or artists is fine, but then you're supposed to grow out of it... Why? It's ok to be a sports nerd and know useless statistics about players and teams, but to be a fan of a band isn't as "cool"... Weird.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #8643 on: June 27, 2021, 01:11:44 PM »

It seems like when were teenagers, being into a band and/or artists is fine, but then you're supposed to grow out of it... Why? It's ok to be a sports nerd and know useless statistics about players and teams, but to be a fan of a band isn't as "cool"... Weird.  hihi

/jarmo

hihi  I think the expectation is we were suppose to grow up and get into classical or the Rat Pack type of music.  Sit in our chairs and politely clap at the end of a performance.  Be all dignified and stuff.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8644 on: June 27, 2021, 03:27:36 PM »

/jarmo

Its slso a generation thing. Lots of people born in the 70s and 80s was overloaded with popular culture, not only sports, and it was, and still is a big part of our lifes.

Ig getting more and more nerd about mudic as times go by, and im not even 40 yet😅

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8645 on: June 28, 2021, 08:53:06 AM »

hihi  I think the expectation is we were suppose to grow up and get into classical or the Rat Pack type of music.  Sit in our chairs and politely clap at the end of a performance.  Be all dignified and stuff.

From the 1980s to the birth of rock n roll as a popular music genre, is less time than from now to the beginning of the 1980s....  hihi

Its slso a generation thing. Lots of people born in the 70s and 80s was overloaded with popular culture, not only sports, and it was, and still is a big part of our lifes.

Ig getting more and more nerd about mudic as times go by, and im not even 40 yet

There was a time in the late 90s/early 2000s when it was a little more difficult to be a music nerd. Record stores still existed, but MTV didn't play as much music anymore. Social media didn't exist. Getting news was harder because a lot of other genres were way more popular than hard rock. Then it started changing. Look at how well Greatest Hits sold. Suddenly people were discovering GN'R again...

Now independent record stores are coming back. Artists are releasing more vinyls, there's music and music videos on streaming services etc.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
shadowofthewave
Opening Act

« Reply #8646 on: June 28, 2021, 02:19:05 PM »

Yeah, that's the "well since they didn't do this now, it wont happen" mentality.

Since they haven't said a word about new music, but announced tour dates, no way can they release anything...

Funny, because as far as I know, it doesn't say anything in the rule book that you need to announce both at the same time....

/jarmo

Try finding an example of a major band that hasn't done so. Usually they either are announced at the same time, or the album is announced first.

Funny thing is this exact same thing happened last year. The European tour was announced in December 2019 followed by the NA tour at the beginning of February 2020. And right up until mid March when Covid shut everything down, there wasn't even a hint of an album announcement. Defenders parroted Slash's nonsense about figuring out "how" to release an album. Well, what is the delay this time? I don't think quarantine should have prevented them from discussing marketing strategies in the internet age. It's not happening.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8647 on: June 28, 2021, 03:32:05 PM »

Dude’s got a point. I know gnr do things gnr’s way but you can’t avoid the fact that most if not all tours in support of a new record see the record announced at the same time as or before the tour announcement.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8648 on: June 28, 2021, 03:45:54 PM »

Why would I list bands that play by the rules you think apply?

Guns N' Roses Use Your Illusion tour... Tour started before the release date was announced, and thus before the albums were released.

Yet another release where they were trying to figure out how to release the material they had..... Smiley

Maybe stop comparing GN'R to other bands, and look at the band's history to find those clues you're so desperate for...?

/jarmo

shadowofthewave
Opening Act

« Reply #8649 on: June 28, 2021, 04:01:50 PM »

Why would I list bands that play by the rules you think apply?

Guns N' Roses Use Your Illusion tour... Tour started before the release date was announced, and thus before the albums were released.

Yet another release where they were trying to figure out how to release the material they had..... Smiley

Maybe stop comparing GN'R to other bands, and look at the band's history to find those clues you're so desperate for...?

/jarmo

How long do you think the "figuring out' process takes? Slash first mentioned it in January 2020.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8650 on: June 28, 2021, 04:32:07 PM »

How long do you think the "figuring out' process takes? Slash first mentioned it in January 2020.

You tell me. How long does it take other bands? Cheesy

/jarmo

shadowofthewave
Opening Act

« Reply #8651 on: June 28, 2021, 04:39:54 PM »

You tell me. How long does it take other bands? Cheesy

/jarmo

99.9% of other bands don't have this problem.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8652 on: June 28, 2021, 04:57:36 PM »

And this relates to GN'R how?

100% of other bands aren't GN'R.... Yay, mathematics!

Why let this bother you? GN'R is GN'R, everyone else isn't. New music will be out when the band thinks so.
When will that be? Who knows at this moment. Does it depend on the Foo Fighters? No. Metallica? No. Miley Cyrus? No...

If they put out new music according to your schedule and liking. Great. Enjoy it!

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8653 on: June 28, 2021, 06:35:19 PM »

You make so many excuses for GNR it's crazy, it's not rocket science in releasing an album. beer

Rizzo160
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8654 on: June 29, 2021, 01:48:51 AM »

At the end of the day, people are going to be reticent to believe that the band is going to put out a new record. And you can’t blame people for feeling that, well, it always seems that much more difficult for gnr to release an album. Couple this with the years we had Fortus telling us that essentially, he believed that a new record was just around the corner and I’m sure you get my point.

It does kinda feel that all the stars have to be aligned for guns to put a record out, whereas with other bands that ‘feels’ not to be the case.

With all of that said, I do remain positive about a new record inside of the next 12 months.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #8655 on: June 29, 2021, 04:44:40 AM »

With all of that said, I do remain positive about a new record inside of the next 12 months years.

just correcting you  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8656 on: June 29, 2021, 05:26:17 AM »

You make so many excuses for GNR it's crazy, it's not rocket science in releasing an album. beer

Excuses? I'm telling you how things are and you just refuse to listen. Instead you go on and on about how everyone else is doing things and let that frustrate you.

Why can't you be more like Lloyd Braun?  Wink

GN'R will put out new music at the moment they want to. Until then, enjoy all those other bands who are perfect and put out music for your enjoyment on your schedule. Smiley

At the end of the day, people are going to be reticent to believe that the band is going to put out a new record. And you can’t blame people for feeling that, well, it always seems that much more difficult for gnr to release an album. Couple this with the years we had Fortus telling us that essentially, he believed that a new record was just around the corner and I’m sure you get my point.

People are free to think what they want. I think once the new music is released, all those who said it's never coming out will move on to the next thing...  hihi

I'm basing this on history. We went through a cycle with Chinese Democracy where people just wanted a new album, and once they got it, they suddenly wanted something else....  Funny that.

It's a funny thing though. Some are complaining that the band haven't used this down time for working on new material. And then they complain that there are no updates from the band. Yet, when the band says something, it's ridiculed and quoted for years as promises...

/jarmo

shadowofthewave
Opening Act

« Reply #8657 on: June 29, 2021, 06:36:46 AM »

Excuses? I'm telling you how things are and you just refuse to listen. Instead you go on and on about how everyone else is doing things and let that frustrate you.

Why can't you be more like Lloyd Braun?  Wink

GN'R will put out new music at the moment they want to. Until then, enjoy all those other bands who are perfect and put out music for your enjoyment on your schedule. Smiley

People are free to think what they want. I think once the new music is released, all those who said it's never coming out will move on to the next thing...  hihi

I'm basing this on history. We went through a cycle with Chinese Democracy where people just wanted a new album, and once they got it, they suddenly wanted something else....  Funny that.

It's a funny thing though. Some are complaining that the band haven't used this down time for working on new material. And then they complain that there are no updates from the band. Yet, when the band says something, it's ridiculed and quoted for years as promises...

/jarmo

I'm not complaining about them not working on new material during downtime. I'm saying the "figuring out" excuse makes no sense when downtime shouldn't have prevented them from discussing marketing strategies from the time Slash mentioned it (January 2020) to now.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8658 on: June 29, 2021, 08:48:27 AM »

I'm not complaining about them not working on new material during downtime. I'm saying the "figuring out" excuse makes no sense when downtime shouldn't have prevented them from discussing marketing strategies from the time Slash mentioned it (January 2020) to now.

Do you wanna keep believing what you want or hear something mind blowing?  Wink

Maybe, when he said that, they were making plans for 2020 and that's why he said it. It was at that point in their planning. Thinking about the how. Not if.

Maybe, in March 2020 they realized 2020 wasn't going to be the year they had planned for, and made new plans. Wouldn't be the only ones that happened to.

Plenty of us had plans for 2020 that didn't happen.

The though process of IF THIS is not true THEN THAT must clearly happen, doesn't (always) work. Some thought if the band stopped touring, there'd be new music sooner. Never happened. Yet it's still a wish among some that "they would just stop touring". Well, they did... And here we are.

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #8659 on: June 29, 2021, 09:22:06 AM »

to be honest, and keeping just facts in this old debate : we had one album since 1993.
based on that, i can't blame people who joke about a "new album", or any sceptical people.

that said...one album in almost 30 years. damn I still can't believe it.
and still can't believe the large fanbase who's waiting for it.

are we all stupid or?  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: