Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:19:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1546565 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8740 on: July 15, 2021, 03:18:53 PM »

Stop making excuses for them having to release an album  beer

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #8741 on: July 15, 2021, 04:49:38 PM »

I think what puzzles most people the most (me included) is not really that the new album is not ready (this is obvious, it's not been released...), it has more to do with why (is not ready).

We've all been down this road before. As GNR fans, we are very well aware that they do things differently than most bands and I think most of us, have learnt to accept and live by the motto "Don't expect it and you won't be disappointed".

I'm one of the oldest fans here, I will be 46 in a few months. Been a fan since 1989. So I know what it means to be a fan of this band. GNR has released 4.5 albums (I consider GNR Lies to be half an album) worth of original material in 36 years. One album per every 8-9 years.  This is a fact.

They are obviously not your most prolific band. This is an undeniable fact as well.

Now the next question that arises is...why? At least, it's the most interesting question to me. Why does this band take an average of 9 years to release a new album (original songs)?

Potential reasons:

Constant line-up changes
Creative differences
Leaked songs
Multiple Managers who were not really interested in "helping the band"
Feuds with record companies
Reunion tours
Pandemics
Law suits against or from former members, wives, girlfriends, record companies, State Government, etc
Publishing rights
etc.

All of those reasons are well known by most of us who visit these boards. Again, we've come to realize this band is different than all the rest. That's ok, but why is it so hard to admit that maybe one of the reasons why this band takes so long between albums could also be something else...

Yes, I know Axl will not release anything that he's not fully satisfied with, but could laziness have gotten in the way? or maybe procrastination? or a writer's block? or fear? In my eyes those could be valid points too.

Fuck, I write for a living as well (Thanx God not in English) and I'm afraid every time I face a blank page. I've gone through writer's block, fear, procrastination...I know how that feels and I'm not nearly as gifted as Axl Rose nor I have the pressure of being the main lyricist in one of the most successful rock bands in the history...

I get that.

But I know what fear, procrastination and lack of desire feels like...and I've purposely delayed projects, etc. simply cause I just didn't really feel like writing. Did I blame myself for the delay? No, There's always external factors to blame. It's really hard to blame things on us, but my personal situations (fear, writer's block, laziness) are just as responsible for my constant delays as external situations I may have encountered over the past 15 years.

What I'm trying to say is, some external factors may have played a huge rol in the constant delaying of new music being released, and that's undeniable, but every other band out there (and artists, whether is big or small) may have dealt with similar or worse external factors than GNR, and that has not stopped them from releasing new music (art), and if other bands seem to find a way to navigate through the storm/s. Why GNR can't?

We have a new tour kicking off soon. Can't wait to see the new stage, set list, Axl, Slash, Duff...it's exciting to be a GNR fan when we are a just a few weeks away from a new tour. What's going to happen? Which songs will be played? Will the stage be different? How fit or unfit will the guys look?

But the question most of us around here will be asking ourselves is "Will new music be performed?"

I do hope some new music will be performed. If it doesn't, honestly I will be disappointed, can't help it. I won't rant, I won't be a hater, but it is what it is.  I will definitely enjoy the videos on YouTube when they come out and most likely attend their show when they come to Europe next year but until then, I do hope that one day, GNR (with Axl, Slash and Duff) release or perform new music again.

Great post. I also write as the main part of my job and I understand the internal (personal) difficulties that can arise, but at the end of the day I agree that when something does not get produced the easiest thing to do is to blame external events (for example: if only the kid would be quiet I could concentrate!!) Unfortunately, no one can combat those demons except the writer. 

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8742 on: July 15, 2021, 06:49:40 PM »

I think we can both agree that an album is in the future. I just feel that it will be in the distant future, where as you have blind faith. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8743 on: July 15, 2021, 06:54:25 PM »

How is it blind faith when my opinion is based on facts and history....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8744 on: July 15, 2021, 07:04:34 PM »

I guess we could argue till doomsday, I feel one way and you feel another way.  But both our passions are for GNR to do well. beer

Rizzo160
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8745 on: July 16, 2021, 01:12:49 AM »

I guess we could argue till doomsday, I feel one way and you feel another way.  But both our passions are for GNR to do well. beer

We’ll said. Our love for gnr brings us here

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #8746 on: July 16, 2021, 05:45:06 PM »

You make a million excuses of why GNR don't put out an album. I point out the BS you spew.  I tell it like it is. Hopefully we get a new album but I wouldn't hold my breath. beer
agree with you man  ok

Axl has only released one album in almost 30 years
THAT's facts and history
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 05:47:37 PM by DAVE ROCK » Logged

axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8747 on: July 16, 2021, 10:39:02 PM »

I would love new music as much as the next person, but he doesn’t owe anyone any music in any timeframe
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8748 on: July 17, 2021, 11:36:31 AM »

True, but it would be a damn shame for the world not to hear the rest of what Axl has been working on all these years

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8749 on: July 17, 2021, 11:59:10 AM »

True, but it would be a damn shame for the world not to hear the rest of what Axl has been working on all these years

Maybe Axl dont agree with you

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8750 on: July 17, 2021, 12:03:34 PM »

So he is just making music for himself beer

Rizzo160
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #8751 on: July 17, 2021, 12:25:16 PM »

The act of writing, and recording a song or idea for a song, seems like the creative act. But, the act of recording take after take, mixing, mastering and coming up with a release and marketing plan - those are all business acts, are they not?

I hope that they release new music, but at this point I don't see a financial imperative to do so.

Ali
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8752 on: July 17, 2021, 12:34:55 PM »

So he is just making music for himself beer

Well, untill he/them decides to share, yes. You dont share art you are not 100% ready to release, or at least GnR dont want to.

Im sure Axl have made some songs he dont want to share at all.. like most others artists with integrity.. I dont think its like everything Axl makes of music is Gold(at least not for him/the band), and if he/the band dont want to release music they dont feel is good enough... thats ok

Edit: that said, im sure lots of us would think it was good if we got to hear it, but thats dosent matter if the artist is not satesfied..
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 01:51:59 PM by Nytunz » Logged

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8753 on: July 17, 2021, 02:30:09 PM »

The act of writing, and recording a song or idea for a song, seems like the creative act. But, the act of recording take after take, mixing, mastering and coming up with a release and marketing plan - those are all business acts, are they not?

In a way, yes. But in another way, no.

To the record company, it's all about selling the product. But to an artist, all that would be about presenting the end result of the creative work. Obviously, if you're proud of something you did, you'd want it to get noticed....

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8754 on: July 17, 2021, 05:24:04 PM »

Surely the record company would be interested in promoting the product also as it would boost revenue?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8755 on: July 17, 2021, 05:49:39 PM »

Surely the record company would be interested in promoting the product also as it would boost revenue?

That's what you hope for.

But at the end of the day, they want to make a profit. Sometimes you need to spend money to make money.

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8756 on: July 17, 2021, 06:19:48 PM »

I think the problem lies with AXL in that he is a perfectionist. Hopefully Slash and Duff can help the process. beer
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 06:24:53 PM by rizzo160 » Logged

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8757 on: July 17, 2021, 06:32:42 PM »

How?

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8758 on: July 17, 2021, 06:37:24 PM »

He delays releases by painfully going over material until he beats a dead horse. Sometimes you just have to let go and have faith that your material is up to standard. beer

Rizzo160
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8759 on: July 17, 2021, 06:57:55 PM »

Slash and Duff can hopefully get AXL to release new music. They can convince him that the material is strong enough to release. beer

Rizzo160
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: