Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:24:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549082 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8920 on: August 06, 2021, 08:37:33 AM »

I will say, straight up, if 'Hard School' (or any "new" song) is played, I will make some serious revisions to my stance on this band's future.

I'm encouraged by this.

*cough* *cough*

I think it might be time for a mea culpa and a "Hey jarmo, you were right".

But...you know....YMMV.

Incredible how they could navigate the uncertain waters of an industry that works in concert against them to get a song up on iTunes and Spotify, huh?  This must be how it felt to be alive for the moon landing.

This is all super encouraging though.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8921 on: August 06, 2021, 11:14:13 AM »

I will say, straight up, if 'Hard School' (or any "new" song) is played, I will make some serious revisions to my stance on this band's future.

I'm encouraged by this.

*cough* *cough*

But...you know....YMMV.

Incredible how they could navigate the uncertain waters of an industry that works in concert against them to get a song up on iTunes and Spotify, huh?  This must be how it felt to be alive for the moon landing.

Or maybe they just all found a way they could all agree on…. Notice how this came out “out of the blue”? Didn’t get premiered on radio first. No, it was put online for the fans first.

Laugh all you want at my “excuses”…. But they released a song on their terms when they wanted to.  beer

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8922 on: August 06, 2021, 11:22:23 AM »

It's the most encouraging time to be a GNR fan in years.  You can't say otherwise.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8923 on: August 06, 2021, 11:24:01 AM »

Good days ahead to come. beer

Rizzo160
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #8924 on: August 06, 2021, 11:45:53 AM »

Or maybe they just all found a way they could all agree on…. Notice how this came out “out of the blue”? Didn’t get premiered on radio first. No, it was put online for the fans first.

Laugh all you want at my “excuses”…. But they released a song on their terms when they wanted to.  beer

/jarmo

When you're right, you're right.

This is a manifestation of exactly the argument you've been making for awhile now.  EXACTLY.

There's really no other way to put it or view it.

And we have new music.  And new music to start the tour.

I don't think it would be possible to have a bigger validation toward your arguments.

I know you won't come out and say "I told you so"....but you damn sure have a pretty substantial right to do so if you wanted to.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8925 on: August 06, 2021, 11:47:03 AM »

I'm encouraged by this.

*cough* *cough*

But...you know....YMMV.

/jarmo

They did, and it worked well for me. Looks like it was all over the internet the second ot was released. I like.

So Hard skool next? The same way, after a live performance or two? Its not imposdible

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #8926 on: August 06, 2021, 11:50:08 AM »

They did, and it worked well for me. Looks like it was all over the internet the second ot was released. I like.

So Hard skool next? The same way, after a live performance or two? Its not imposdible

Pretty smart way to release a good amount of material.....after a bunch of shows, play another new song live, and then releases it within a few days?  They could spend their next 6+ months or so doing things that way.

Ride out each release. 

Eventually the novelty wears off.....but for the first 5 or 6 songs?  As you're seeing with Absurd...it's marketing itself. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #8927 on: August 06, 2021, 12:24:38 PM »

Looking at this from a "traditional" point of view (I know, GN'R ain't operating in a traditional manner, but it still might give us a clue)...

Chinese Democracy:
- 1 song released (Rock Band) 2 months before the album
- First official single released 1 month before the album

Spaghetti:
- First single released days before the album

Use Your Illusion:
- First single released 3 months before the albums

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8928 on: August 06, 2021, 07:06:20 PM »

I just hope silkworms is not on the album, unless its a big release like UYI where there's some many good songs that I don't mind having a My World.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #8929 on: August 06, 2021, 11:39:28 PM »

I just hope silkworms is not on the album, unless its a big release like UYI where there's some many good songs that I don't mind having a My World.
It will be on it. It is the first single. I just hope more of the songs are clean vocals with the rock mix, ala, dare I say I say it...like Myles Kennedy/Slash Stuff. This song is just to mixed and Industrial sounding from the vocal standpoint. It is no surprise it is an outtake of Chinese Democracy IMO
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8930 on: August 07, 2021, 12:21:12 AM »

It will be on it. It is the first single. I just hope more of the songs are clean vocals with the rock mix, ala, dare I say I say it...like Myles Kennedy/Slash Stuff. This song is just to mixed and Industrial sounding from the vocal standpoint. It is no surprise it is an outtake of Chinese Democracy IMO

Is it an album single? I don't believe that has been explicitly said. As I said in another thread, if it's a single connected to an album, why would they release it without even announcing the album yet? I think it's a standalone track to give the people a taste of what's cooking like Oh My God was.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #8931 on: August 07, 2021, 01:03:21 AM »

Is it an album single? I don't believe that has been explicitly said. As I said in another thread, if it's a single connected to an album, why would they release it without even announcing the album yet? I think it's a standalone track to give the people a taste of what's cooking like Oh My God was.
I hope you are correct!
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8932 on: August 07, 2021, 04:50:56 AM »

I’m kinda thinking (hoping!) they release a new track after every few shows, maybe up to half the new album, and then an actual physical release follows later. If you think about it, it’s a pretty damn good way of avoiding the issues that album pre-release leaks cause.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #8933 on: August 07, 2021, 11:20:28 AM »

Pretty smart way to release a good amount of material.....after a bunch of shows, play another new song live, and then releases it within a few days?  They could spend their next 6+ months or so doing things that way.

Ride out each release. 

Eventually the novelty wears off.....but for the first 5 or 6 songs?  As you're seeing with Absurd...it's marketing itself. 

I agree... I would guess it's Hard Skool next... Have those two singles out and then drop the album around the Holidays.  Those songs are already on the setlist and have been rehearsed at soundcheck.  With the tour dates in 2022 they can tour the U.S. again in the late fall/winter.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8934 on: August 07, 2021, 11:43:20 AM »

Pretty smart way to release a good amount of material.....after a bunch of shows, play another new song live, and then releases it within a few days?  They could spend their next 6+ months or so doing things that way.

Ride out each release.  

Eventually the novelty wears off.....but for the first 5 or 6 songs?  As you're seeing with Absurd...it's marketing itself.  

I agree... I would guess it's Hard Skool next... Have those two singles out and then drop the album around the Holidays.  Those songs are already on the setlist and have been rehearsed at soundcheck.  With the tour dates in 2022 they can tour the U.S. again in the late fall/winter.

I think you are going to get several song drops before a physical release. Individual drops keep momentum, and are more in tune with the way the industry works. As of yesterday on iTunes/Apple music they were the number one rock track and the number thirteen overall track. If they drop another while they are in say LA or Chicago over the next month or so, they jump right back to the top, then repeat that in October-November etc... that helps maybe push someone who wouldn't have gone to a show to a venue (where they make their most money). This gets the streaming algorithms to put them as a "recommended" song on every ones devices. An album would be news for a few weeks then start to drop off the radar. The "singles" mean a little less because everyone can stream everything. This isn't 1991 where you are buying a $3-4 single vs a $15-20 album... you can consume everything instantly now.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #8935 on: August 09, 2021, 04:52:17 PM »

First of all i want say i know nothing.

Im pretty convinced there will be an album (vinyl, cd, all that jazz)
All major acts are doing cds (Billie Eilish, for example) And GN'Rs audience are a tad older than the avarage Billie Eilish fan.

We know that we had a single out in early August. Theres a couple bands we could compare the release pattern with.

Metallica released the Hardwired single on August 2016. Second Single in September. Third single October. Album in November.

AC/DC Did it quicker. First single out 5 weeks before the album in November 2020.

Chinese Democracy was released late November 2008. First song (on the rockband video game) out was Shackler's Revenge in mid September. Second song out was If The World (Body Of Lies movie) in mid October soon Followed by the first Single release Chinese Democracy in late October.

We know they have been working on new music. So an album out in November-ish is really possible in my opinion. But this is GN'R anything is possible. After the chinese era, i wouldnt be surprised if we dont have an album announcement before the very last minute.  Kinda like the Absurd single.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8936 on: August 09, 2021, 05:04:42 PM »

I'm just concerned that if tour dates start getting cancelled it will throw a wrench into whatever they've got planned.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8937 on: August 09, 2021, 07:43:52 PM »

Any news on cancellations for the tour? beer

Rizzo160
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #8938 on: August 09, 2021, 08:27:36 PM »

Is this the tour thread?  beer peace

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8939 on: August 09, 2021, 08:46:01 PM »

Wrong place to post, my bad beer

Rizzo160
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: