Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:39:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1548871 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #9000 on: February 05, 2022, 01:06:23 AM »

I know Wikipedia isn’t reliable but it says on there that it’s written by Axl on his own , I quite believe it tho cos as you say it’s a very basic chord structure similar to the one Axl wrote in Deadhorse

ASCAP is more reliable: https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace/search/workID/913016643?page=1

Ali
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #9001 on: February 11, 2022, 09:48:58 PM »

Anyone see Slash's interview with rolling stone? He says another GNR single is coming soon.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #9002 on: February 11, 2022, 10:14:23 PM »

Anyone see Slash's interview with rolling stone? He says another GNR single is coming soon.

“I’m a rock & roll guy through and through. … I don’t give a shit what the fuck’s going on elsewhere; that’s what I do.”
-- Slash, Rolling Stone
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9003 on: February 14, 2022, 04:16:25 PM »

I guess this is the appropriate day to say, mad love GNR.   hihi  Where's that next album?   rant

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #9004 on: February 15, 2022, 12:41:11 PM »

For those that missed it:

"I know we’ve got some songs and we’re releasing another one at some point soon, and there’ll be another one after that. As far as the record is concerned, that remains to be seen as far as a whole package, but I feel pretty confident that at some point down the road, there will be."
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9005 on: February 15, 2022, 03:45:35 PM »

"I know we’ve got some songs and we’re releasing another one at some point soon, and there’ll be another one after that. As far as the record is concerned, that remains to be seen as far as a whole package, but I feel pretty confident that at some point down the road, there will be."

I wonder if the same thing will happen as last year? “Absurd”  was played live and then released at midnight. “Hard Skool” was released during the tour too. Would be cool to hear new live music.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9006 on: February 15, 2022, 06:56:45 PM »

Single releases made sense when they were touring and you didn't have to wait months to get your product to the buyer.  I'm wondering if that approach makes sense any more.

I wonder if the same thing will happen as last year? “Absurd”  was played live and then released at midnight. “Hard Skool” was released during the tour too. Would be cool to hear new live music.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9007 on: February 16, 2022, 06:51:55 AM »

so basically the plan is to capitalize on the Chinese Democracy years of recorded
studio material, adding Duff & Slash parts to the equation  with the same promise
of an album in the years to come to maintain the interest of the fanbase and
selling tickets & tshirts to the next tours.

if I wanted to sound a bit cynical I would say it looks like a pension fund.

Pension Fund, the next Guns N'Roses album.

hey sounds pretty cool  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9008 on: February 16, 2022, 10:59:11 AM »

Releasing songs like Absurd and Hard Skool might be the plan for the next tour cycle.

But after that? Who knows.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9009 on: February 16, 2022, 11:21:05 AM »

"Time waits for no one."  As Slash says, it was a starting point.  The CD era belongs to other musicians, dump it and move on.  I'm not saying don't put it out but get it out there now and make a fresh start.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #9010 on: February 16, 2022, 12:02:51 PM »

Er, dump it was kind of harsh.   hihi  I liked all those musicians who were part of the second generation of GNR.  Feel they created the music, it belongs to them.  It should go out as theirs.  Slash can fiddle around with it on the stage.  Creative license allows him that but I would not disrespect what they did by having others tweak it.

I heard a different band at the end of the last leg.  It wasn't just Slash and Duff had returned or visiting for a time.  They were there, fully engulfed.  It's time for this group of GNR to have a crack at what they can do.  Smiley

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9011 on: February 16, 2022, 01:57:17 PM »

It's pretty simple.

Sometimes you gotta do what's best. While it might not be what's considered best by you, it might be what's best for the band at the time.

If they hadn't reworked those songs for release in 2021, we might still be waiting for a new release....

The (false) logic that if the band isn't touring, they're in a studio recording/writing new music also applies to the actual music. If they decided not to rework those songs doesn't "automagically" mean they'd be writing new songs....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9012 on: February 16, 2022, 03:46:43 PM »

Axl invested so many years in these songs it would be crazy not to have them released. Am I little miffed that we probably won’t hear the songs in their original form? Yes, if I’m being honest. Am I pleased that (at least) 2 more songs will be released soon? You bet your ass  hihi

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9013 on: February 16, 2022, 08:17:01 PM »

the thing I don't really understand is we know (or we think we know  hihi) there was already
an album ready to come out before Slash & Duff rejoining. if it makes sense that it was delayed
because of the "reunion tour", it doesn't make much sense to not releasing the album with
Slash & Duff new parts on it. OR it's these tracks that they decided to release as singles from
time to time, but if there was indeed a whole album ready I don't understand why they choose this path 

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9014 on: February 17, 2022, 01:48:18 AM »

the thing I don't really understand is we know (or we think we know  hihi) there was already
an album ready to come out before Slash & Duff rejoining. if it makes sense that it was delayed
because of the "reunion tour", it doesn't make much sense to not releasing the album with
Slash & Duff new parts on it. OR it's these tracks that they decided to release as singles from
time to time, but if there was indeed a whole album ready I don't understand why they choose this path 

Good point I guess. I wonder if releasing music via the single route avoids or bypasses any outstanding or unresolved issues with the label vis~a~vis a new record?

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9015 on: February 17, 2022, 08:29:51 AM »

My totally uninformed, completely speculative, and probably totally wrong guess is:

Axl had some material on that "cancelled" album that really meant a lot to him, as well as some vaulted material that didn't make the cut because he thought it needed a different spin on it.  When the guys rejoined the fold, and things appeared to be working, he brought this stuff to them and basically said: I really want to get this material out, so can this be our starting point?

They seem to have agreed.  And worked hard to put their respective spins on it.

Its great "training wheel" stuff, too (again, IMHO).  It lets them work together, collaboratively, on nearly complete material, to see if they could create together again in a less pressurized, less contentious (my material vs their material) way.  So far, I like the results we've heard.....YMMV.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9016 on: February 17, 2022, 08:37:30 AM »

Good point I guess. I wonder if releasing music via the single route avoids or bypasses any outstanding or unresolved issues with the label vis~a~vis a new record?

Depends on what the issues are.

The label still has to accept and approve any releases of new music.

But it cuts off all the debate about marketing $$, packaging, physical distribution, etc.  Yes, that goes on the back of the EPs, still...but I think that's a much lighter lift than a full, brand new, GnR album and all it would entail.

By doing it in pieces, even with an eventual "anthology" of all the singles they release (plus maybe some B-sides/lives), they save themselves a lot of headaches, a lot of negotiations, and a lot of bullshit overhead discussions with the label.

It also gets them back out there, in the media, and in peoples ears, every 90+ days.  Can't hurt their Q scores by doing that, and making them a more prominent search term on the streaming services....which will help them out when/if they ever do release a new album of brand new, co-written, material.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9017 on: February 17, 2022, 10:26:31 AM »

Once you release an album, that's the main course. There's no more appetizers.

When you release singles, and you know you're gonna tour over an extended period of time, like with GN'R due to the pandemic, it creates some buzz and excitement.

If they had released an album last year, some would be asking where the new music is once the next tour leg is starting...  hihi

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #9018 on: February 17, 2022, 01:00:51 PM »

Once you release an album, that's the main course. There's no more appetizers.

When you release singles, and you know you're gonna tour over an extended period of time, like with GN'R due to the pandemic, it creates some buzz and excitement.

If they had released an album last year, some would be asking where the new music is once the next tour leg is starting...  hihi

/jarmo

I'm tempted to say that only works if you have "a big hit single in the charts".  You have an album out, people have choices of what they like and hope to hear.  That could be the draw if you don't have the hit.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9019 on: February 17, 2022, 01:46:26 PM »

People listening to what tracks they want from an album doesn't really create the buzz like "_____ has a new single out!".

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: