Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:12:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1560645 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9140 on: July 24, 2022, 11:57:55 PM »

I think there is a lot of things needing resolved all over the music industry.  So many new things and avenues.  Before you can figure out one, it's changing again.  Who knows the value of that?  I'd keep everything on a short contract and no guarantees until the money comes in.

The band does seem happy.  As I said, they have the stage and the crowds.  Doesn't take an album to make them happy.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #9141 on: July 25, 2022, 08:56:49 AM »

Red Hot Chili Peppers, who released a FULL ALBUM of new material last year, just announced they will release a DOUBLE ALBUM OF NEW MATERIAL in October. How do they do it?!?! How do they manage to release new music in such a difficult time for artists?!?! I've been led to believe these things are simply too high a hurdle to clear. It boggles the mind! 
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9142 on: July 25, 2022, 11:29:42 AM »

Red Hot Chili Peppers, who released a FULL ALBUM of new material last year, just announced they will release a DOUBLE ALBUM OF NEW MATERIAL in October. How do they do it?!?! How do they manage to release new music in such a difficult time for artists?!?! I've been led to believe these things are simply too high a hurdle to clear. It boggles the mind! 

Yes, there are artists releasing music.  I don't follow the Chili Peppers but I think their music sells and is featured on many different platforms.  How do you see them being different in the market from GNR?

Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #9143 on: July 25, 2022, 01:19:16 PM »

Yes, there are artists releasing music.  I don't follow the Chili Peppers but I think their music sells and is featured on many different platforms.  How do you see them being different in the market from GNR?

How do I see them being different in the market? That's easy. The RHCP are a creatively viable band that consistently releases albums of new music. Guns n' Roses is a legacy touring act with an inability or lack of desire to release new music.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9144 on: July 25, 2022, 03:32:51 PM »

Awesome!

Yet I couldn't name a single song from their latest album. But good for them!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9145 on: July 25, 2022, 03:41:05 PM »

How do I see them being different in the market? That's easy. The RHCP are a creatively viable band that consistently releases albums of new music. Guns n' Roses is a legacy touring act with an inability or lack of desire to release new music.

Are they releasing new types of music or does it all sound pretty much the same?  I think their music lends well to movies and TV, is it being used there?  I think their type of music is played on the alternative stations too?

I see GNR prior to the reunion stepping away from what they were doing.  I don't see their music fitting all that well into movies and TV.  I don't really see it fitting into the alternative stations play lists even if they did put out an album.  I'm having hard time seeing where GNR fits into main stream.  How do you see the label promoting them and turning a profit?

cineater
Legend

« Reply #9146 on: July 25, 2022, 04:02:45 PM »

Awesome!

Yet I couldn't name a single song from their latest album. But good for them!

/jarmo

I say that too.  Artist continue to put out new albums but the music isn't getting to me and I don't know it.  Could just be my life style but I don't know how new music can make its way to me.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9147 on: July 25, 2022, 05:13:31 PM »

There's artists putting out new music every day. Great for them and their fans!

How does that apply to GN'R?

It's like asking you "Why can't you be more like Lloyd Braun?".... We're all different.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9148 on: July 26, 2022, 12:23:04 AM »

There's artists putting out new music every day. Great for them and their fans!

How does that apply to GN'R?

It's like asking you "Why can't you be more like Lloyd Braun?".... We're all different.

/jarmo

Well, when GNR does talk about it, it's obvious they want to put out music and indicate they've got music to put out.  But they don't talk about it very often and you have to wonder what the problem is. 

You know, my position, it's a problem getting it by the label.  Before, you could say they were trying to pressure Axl to reunite the band.  That's mostly happen so what's the issue now?  What they are putting out is the back catalog, probably in time for Christmas.  Should be happy the Thor movie ran two songs up the charts but again the back catalog.  Two new legs of the tour coming up but are those major markets to sell an album?  I would have timed that with the US and European legs.  Hasn't been a word from anybody in a long time that Axl hasn't been anything but easy to work with.  Could be the problem there, Axl the asshole gets attention, that sells.  I wouldn't want to see that but people do seem to want to blame him for an album not coming out.

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9149 on: July 26, 2022, 01:40:24 AM »

I kinda get why fans get frustrated with not seeing (or being updated in relation to) a new release. Axl himself admitted years ago that the second half of Chinese was already done. Couple that fact with how quickly we know that Slash and Duff can add their parts and you can’t help but think that whatever is coming next is surely already done. I get that GnR has opted to release singles leading (hopefully) to an eventual album release, but jeez it’s already been nearly a year since the last single! At this rate, we might see the album in the 2040’s!! hihi

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9150 on: July 26, 2022, 05:21:10 AM »

I think it all depends on what they want to achieve with releasing new material.

The two singles released last year are still new to those who are going to see the band in 2022.

(Please don't bother pointing out that fans in Rio heard an early version of Absurd in 2001).  hihi

The moment they wanna create some extra buzz, they can.

/jarmo

Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #9151 on: July 26, 2022, 11:08:01 AM »

Are they releasing new types of music or does it all sound pretty much the same?  I think their music lends well to movies and TV, is it being used there?  I think their type of music is played on the alternative stations too?

I see GNR prior to the reunion stepping away from what they were doing.  I don't see their music fitting all that well into movies and TV.  I don't really see it fitting into the alternative stations play lists even if they did put out an album.  I'm having hard time seeing where GNR fits into main stream.  How do you see the label promoting them and turning a profit?

I would never pretend to know the music business or what it takes for the label to turn a profit. But albums no longer make money, according to articles I've read. It is all about touring. That's how an artist makes money, and I would assume that's how label would be paid so far as its promotion. But, again, that is completely besides the point. Labels are doing this all the time, putting out new albums from bands that were around at the same time G n' R was around. This is not some startlingly difficult business model. G n' R is not some special unicorn, no matter how badly people here try to make them out to be. The RHCP are nowhere near as popular as they used to be. Their songs do not break through the public consciousness like they used to. They are not omnipresent in movies or commercials. AND YET, they and their label are consistently putting out new music and albums. To any dispassionate observer who does not have skin in the game, and is not some super fan, they would look at the history of Guns n Roses -- 1 album in 31 years -- and come to the correct conclusion that this is a band that is either creatively bankrupt, or disinterested in putting out new music. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9152 on: July 26, 2022, 11:36:38 AM »

Actually, that's kinda interesting.

Albums don't sell as well as they used to. But they might promote a tour, on which the artist makes money on ticket and merch sales. What about the record company? I guess some record sales might occur when fans go to a show and realize they like a song or two they weren't aware of. Or maybe they buy a physical copy of an album they only listen to on streaming services...

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9153 on: July 26, 2022, 01:14:30 PM »

Actually, that's kinda interesting.

Albums don't sell as well as they used to. But they might promote a tour, on which the artist makes money on ticket and merch sales. What about the record company? I guess some record sales might occur when fans go to a show and realize they like a song or two they weren't aware of. Or maybe they buy a physical copy of an album they only listen to on streaming services...

/jarmo

Of course, those questions require an artist to actually put out an album  Undecided

What are people’s thoughts on the following hypothetical reasons there’s still no new record:

1. The label has the record but doesn’t want to release it right now, for whatever reason.
2. The label has the record, or the band is ready to hand over a completed record, but an agreement cannot be reached regarding promotion because labels don’t want to spend money promoting albums as they don’t generate money compared to touring.
3. Axl is reticent to release anything ( à la UYI and CD).
4. The music is ready to go and the band is waiting for the right moment during the next leg to drop some more singles or (dare I say it) an album
5. None of the above (à la Richard Prior in Brewster’s Millions)  hihi

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9154 on: July 26, 2022, 02:46:02 PM »

I'd guess some combination of 3 and 4. I think Axl's experiences with Universal have probably soured him on the business. Wasn't it reported that they rejected ChiDem back in the day for whatever reasons? Now, I'm pretty sure Universal will release anything with the Big-3 on it, but maybe Axl's like.. why should I accommodate them now?
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9155 on: July 26, 2022, 03:38:32 PM »

I can't go with Axl is the entire problem.  I believe he has to make choices in the best interested of the band.  He and the band are not entirely powerless in all of this.  But I do think, they have music and they are trying to get it out.

I did notice it was two released new songs and two back catalog placed in a movie.  Tit for tat?  I don't know, it's all just speculation.  Might be easier with Slash and Duff there to come to agreements on movie placements of GNR music.  Got some leverage with that back catalog.  The charts just proved it but did sales get a bump?

Yes, I'm still on the money.   hihi  Following money around tells you a lot.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9156 on: July 26, 2022, 04:35:53 PM »

I still think there'll be at least one more single before there's a record.

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #9157 on: July 26, 2022, 05:19:35 PM »

When will we get a new single, nobody knows. An album seems like a pipe dream.  I wish they would be honest and just say they are a touring band, nothing more or less. We can argue this issue or just accept the fact that GNR is a touring band. At least we get to see them touring, don't hold your breath for a mew release it’s been 14 years of silence. beer

Rizzo160
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9158 on: July 27, 2022, 04:24:25 AM »

Took this from over at MyGNR.    rofl

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9159 on: July 27, 2022, 02:18:36 PM »

Took this from over at MyGNR.    rofl

😂😂