Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:14:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1546493 times)
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #9440 on: December 07, 2022, 01:03:43 PM »

1--It doesn't come close to impacting my daily life. Not even .0001%. That is another outlandish, hyperbolic thing you throw out there to discredit people who would like a new album. You should really stop it.

2--I want new songs. Absurd was fucking awful. Hard Skool was Think About You level. Ok. Not great. The fact that after 6 years the reformed G n' R can't write brand new music is something that is worthy of criticism. It's pathetic honestly. Their peers from that era are still producing new music, not refurbished retreads. All valid criticism.

Your inability to step outside of your own privileged shoes and accept that people can have valid criticisms of the band without being the enemy is unfortunate. People can be fans and also recognize the massive creative shortcomings of this once great band.

1. Great!

2. Awesome! Basically you want new songs even though what you really want isn't that generic. You want new songs that were written within a certain time span by certain individuals.

Others here really don't put that much focus on when, and by who, a song was written. If it's released and we didn't have it before, it's "new".... Other than that, listen and enjoy it. Or don't.

In this case, if the option was to release something that was already written and almost ready, rather than start from scratch and maybe have nothing fully finished by the time the tour started, the first option seems logical.

/jarmo

Why is this so hard for you to understand? Fans would very much like the reformed classic trio of Axl, Slash and Duff to join creative forces and produce new music, not rehashed shit from scab members 20 goddamn years ago. You are the only one who can't grasp this very simple concept. Fans would hope that those three, who were responsible for much of Appetite and Illusions, would be able to create at least one new song, together, over the past 6 years. But .... nothing. It's a depressing reality that it hasn't happened. And likely won't. Literally everybody, even non-Guns fans, can understand this. It's not hard.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9441 on: December 07, 2022, 02:42:23 PM »

I understand, you don't seem to grasp the reality of it.

If one option gave us songs released in 2021, and the other wouldn't. You're still complaining about them choosing the first option.

That's all.

If Axl wants to get those songs out first, before doing what you crave, that's his choice.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #9442 on: December 07, 2022, 03:02:42 PM »

1--It doesn't come close to impacting my daily life. Not even .0001%. That is another outlandish, hyperbolic thing you throw out there to discredit people who would like a new album. You should really stop it.

2--I want new songs. Absurd was fucking awful. Hard Skool was Think About You level. Ok. Not great. The fact that after 6 years the reformed G n' R can't write brand new music is something that is worthy of criticism. It's pathetic honestly. Their peers from that era are still producing new music, not refurbished retreads. All valid criticism.

Your inability to step outside of your own privileged shoes and accept that people can have valid criticisms of the band without being the enemy is unfortunate. People can be fans and also recognize the massive creative shortcomings of this once great band.

TESTIFY

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #9443 on: December 07, 2022, 03:07:43 PM »

I won’t speak for any other fans, but i would prefer we keep getting releases like “Absurd” and “Hard Skool” until those vaults are completely empty.  I was heavily invested in the band throughout all of those years and I want to hear all of those songs before they even attempt to do anything from scratch.  

Also the main complaint from 2001-2015 was that Slash wasn’t on those songs , now he is and people are still bitching because those song ideas are old or something ?  That’s dumb.  Slash and Duff recording parts to songs with Axls old vocal tracks should be the best of both worlds, no?  Now you all can just close your eyes and pretend Slash and Duff were there the entire time.   hihi
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9444 on: December 07, 2022, 03:08:41 PM »

One album every 8 years. The creative production of this band is pathetic, to say the least, it's not a matter of opinion anymore.

This gets a bit tricky, depending on how you view their time line.

I see periods (1995-2000), (2003-05), (2015) that are just dead periods.  Lost time.  I tend to leave those out of the running total.

Now, is it fair to ask how a reformed band that was open for business from 4/1/16 to present has only 2 reworked songs from 20 years ago to their name?  I think so.

But I also see this as a touring/money making operation at this point.  That's were most legacy bands land at this point in their run.  Hoping for a new album is, in my opinion, a fool's errand.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9445 on: December 07, 2022, 03:10:39 PM »

I won’t speak for any other fans, but i would prefer we keep getting releases like “Absurd” and “Hard Skool” until those vaults are completely empty.  I was heavily invested in the band throughout all of those years and I want to hear all of those songs before they even attempt to do anything from scratch.  

Which I could see as a viable option...if they were coming out a bit quicker.

The most damning thing is that the whole fucking world was locked down with COVID.  Yet even then, these guys couldn't seem to find the time.  That tells me all I need to know. 

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9446 on: December 07, 2022, 04:17:48 PM »

Same. And it seems like that was once the plan but things have stalled.
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #9447 on: December 08, 2022, 04:26:20 PM »

If one option gave us songs released in 2021, and the other wouldn't. You're still complaining about them choosing the first option.

That's all.

If Axl wants to get those songs out first, before doing what you crave, that's his choice.

/jarmo

There is a third option which you so carefully avoided. They write fucking new songs, like every other band seems to be capable of doing.

And yeah, of course it is his choice. Doesn't mean we have to sit here like cult members, nodding along with blank eyes, and accept his decisions blindly. This is another tactic you use in an attempt to shut down discussion. "It's Axl's choice, so shut the fuck up!"

And I would venture a guess that 99.99% of fans want what I "crave," as you so passive aggressively phrased it. I would venture to guess most fans don't want the reformed line-up to put out two retread songs -- one crap, the other mid --  over the course of six years.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 05:55:12 PM by Trash Panda » Logged
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #9448 on: December 08, 2022, 07:15:49 PM »

That's all.

/jarmo

There is a third option which you so carefully avoided. They write fucking new songs, like every other band seems to be capable of doing.

And yeah, of course it is his choice. Doesn't mean we have to sit here like cult members, nodding along with blank eyes, and accept his decisions blindly. This is another tactic you use in an attempt to shut down discussion. "It's Axl's choice, so shut the fuck up!"

And I would venture a guess that 99.99% of fans want what I "crave," as you so passive aggressively phrased it. I would venture to guess most fans don't want the reformed line-up to put out two retread songs -- one crap, the other mid --  over the course of six years.

25 year fan.
I don’t care who writes the songs
Or when they’re written.

Pretty sure that I
Am in the majority.
Band owes us NOTHING.

Accept his choices?
They are HIS choices ALONE.
We do NOT MATTER

And that is OK!
It’s his business.  Not ours.
Things are what they are.

Oh, as for “Absurd”,
I simply fucking love it.
Guess that I’m wrong to.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9449 on: December 08, 2022, 11:56:32 PM »

Are you not understanding that the second option is the same as your "third" option? Jeez...

Doesn't matter what you crave/need/want. The bottom line is that you're not getting it any time sooner just because you keep typing the words. I've learned to accept that fact. But I guess that's because I'm in a "cult". To me it's common sense.

Typing "I want Christmas today" really won't make Christmas appear any time sooner. Or will it?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #9450 on: December 09, 2022, 10:13:44 AM »

Are you not understanding that the second option is the same as your "third" option? Jeez...

Doesn't matter what you crave/need/want. The bottom line is that you're not getting it any time sooner just because you keep typing the words. I've learned to accept that fact. But I guess that's because I'm in a "cult". To me it's common sense.

Typing "I want Christmas today" really won't make Christmas appear any time sooner. Or will it?

/jarmo

Anthony Keidis recent quote (from the band that put out two albums with new music this year alone): We don't want to be the same as we were in the '80s or '90s. We keep changing and doing something new and interesting, and there always seems to be an audience for us with the new music we make. Really, the only thing that stays of this band is the kind of spirit of the band, experimentation and the music is constantly changing, but we are true to the spirit we started.. The spirit has not died, it is simply, that the things that that spirit has to offer have changed along the path.

Guns n Roses: Um, I don't know. Why don't we put out those two toss-off songs from 22 years ago, then go on tour for another year.

HTGTH: Brilliant!! This is exactly what the fans want! And if they complain, they are greedy losers who have no life and just don't get it!!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #9451 on: December 09, 2022, 10:45:27 AM »

HTGTH: Brilliant!! This is exactly what the fans want! And if they complain, they are greedy losers who have no life and just don't get it!!

I think it's more... why don't you enjoy what you have instead of complaining in an ongoing manner about something you have absolutely zero control over?

Like, is this fun for you? Because it's fucking boring to read.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9452 on: December 09, 2022, 10:51:23 AM »

I think it's more... why don't you enjoy what you have instead of complaining in an ongoing manner about something you have absolutely zero control over?

Wrong way to look at it.

Where else is someone supposed to talk about Guns N' Roses in the fashion we do here?  I mean...this is why places like this exist.  For hardcore fans of a band to talk to other hardcore fans about said band. 

What other avenue do any of us have for this?  If we all go out with a few friends to a bar tonight...will discussion of Guns N' Roses be on the itinerary?

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9453 on: December 09, 2022, 01:55:41 PM »

The majority of us are enjoying what we have. And have been for 30+ years. What pisses people off is the chatter about new music (for over a decade) and the fact that the bands’ peers release music with relative ease.

Is it boring reading about fans stating the obvious? Possibly. Do they have a legitimate gripe? Definitely.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #9454 on: December 09, 2022, 01:58:21 PM »

Wrong way to look at it.

Where else is someone supposed to talk about Guns N' Roses in the fashion we do here?  I mean...this is why places like this exist.  For hardcore fans of a band to talk to other hardcore fans about said band. 

What other avenue do any of us have for this?  If we all go out with a few friends to a bar tonight...will discussion of Guns N' Roses be on the itinerary?

Exactly. This thread is literally titled, "Next album rumor/speculation thread". Seems like a prime spot for people to express their opinions and speculate on a new album, what they want it to consist of, what happened to releasing more singles (spoiler alert: things change), why is it taking so fucking long, etc.

Otherwise, are we supposed to just sit back and think this is all part of a well-orchestrated plan, be thankful with whatever we get (recognizing that we're not owed one god damn thing), and be happy with whatever happens/doesn't happen whenever it happens/doesn't happen?

Absurd!!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9455 on: December 09, 2022, 03:38:18 PM »

Anthony Keidis recent quote (from the band that put out two albums with new music this year alone):

I hope you enjoy it!

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9456 on: December 09, 2022, 05:01:36 PM »

At least creativity is being expressed. Not all art is groundbreaking  Kiss

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #9457 on: December 09, 2022, 09:52:12 PM »

Wrong way to look at it.

So you're allowed to complain how you want but I'm not allowed to complain how I want? Fascinating.

Exactly. This thread is literally titled, "Next album rumor/speculation thread". Seems like a prime spot for people to express their opinions and speculate on a new album, what they want it to consist of, what happened to releasing more singles (spoiler alert: things change), why is it taking so fucking long, etc.

Well I don't know, you could talk about:

"Hey I wonder if they're going to write songs about X"
"It seems paintings and physical art always play a part in a GNR album. I wonder what kind of art will influence the band this time around"
"Do you think that the band will keep the same guitar sound? Slash's guitar tone certainly seems a little different these days."

You could speculate and not just repeat the same shit overrrrr and overrrrrrrr again.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9458 on: December 09, 2022, 10:44:41 PM »

Yes.

You can't speculate about the people who didn't like the two singles from 2021 possibly not liking whatever GN'R releases next, but they can speculate about wanting it.

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9459 on: December 10, 2022, 05:07:05 PM »

Well I don't know, you could talk about:

"Hey I wonder if they're going to write songs about X"
"It seems paintings and physical art always play a part in a GNR album. I wonder what kind of art will influence the band this time around"
"Do you think that the band will keep the same guitar sound? Slash's guitar tone certainly seems a little different these days."

You could speculate and not just repeat the same shit overrrrr and overrrrrrrr again.

This.

Honestly, y'all are exhausting. Always beating your same dead horses.

Look at the forums for Grand Theft Auto, the last game came out in 2013 and the next still hasn't been announced almost 10 years later. Are the fans doing the same dour whinging about Rockstar being a nostalgia act? No, they're making 500 page long threads speculating about what will come next.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: