Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:49:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549075 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #9460 on: December 14, 2022, 04:33:34 PM »

So you're allowed to complain how you want but I'm not allowed to complain how I want? Fascinating.

No, not at all!  

If anything, I am arguing the exact opposite.  I think all GNR topics are fair game.  Good, bad, or even trivial.

I just push back on the lecture aspect some take.  Where even simple speculation is wrong.  And pointing out things (that you consider anyway) to be either missed opportunities or missteps are seen as a great offense.

Think of it like sports.  There are fans...and there are fanatics.  We are fanatics when it comes to this band.  Even people that like GNR might find our level of devotion and interest in dissecting anything and everything to be a bit much.  But it makes sense to fellow fanatics, because we share that level of interest in the topic of Guns N' Roses.

Suppose you are talking about your favorite team with a fellow fanatic.  And you start to lament a free agent signing they did, or did not make.  A front office hire they might have whiffed on.  Or even just plays in the game you just watched.

I ask you, quite simply, would you ever get any of this in return :

Why do you hate the team?

Why would you obsess over something you have no control over?

This team doesn't owe you a fucking thing.

These would be seen as odd, off the wall answers from one sports fanatic to another.  Here, its standard practice for some.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #9461 on: December 14, 2022, 06:02:14 PM »

Time to putup or shut up, the tour is over they have about 6 months to get into the studio. Instead we will get broken promises from Slash about new songs. It is getting old fast playing the same 25 songs over and over but I guess the whole you keep paying we will keep on playing will prevail. I wish GNR would come out and say there is no new music coming out in the future.

Rizzo160
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9462 on: December 14, 2022, 06:48:56 PM »

Time to putup or shut up, the tour is over they have about 6 months to get into the studio. Instead we will get broken promises from Slash about new songs. It is getting old fast playing the same 25 songs over and over but I guess the whole you keep paying we will keep on playing will prevail. I wish GNR would come out and say there is no new music coming out in the future.

I find myself agreeing with a lot of your overall mindset about the band in present day.  I nod along with many of your posts.

But...I don't know.  What does saying that accomplish?  Good, bad, or indifferent?

Will I want a new album?  Absolutely. 

Will I buy a ticket next time they come round my way in 2024 or whatever?  Very probably. 

Will I be able to pretty much tell you the setlist right now?  I bet I could come close.

Will it stop me going and having fun?  Nah.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #9463 on: December 14, 2022, 08:58:47 PM »

I gurantee you that there will be new songs... it's pretty obvious that Slash and Duff, took whatever they decided to redo from the Chinese sessions and they will be released. Once that is done.. They will go into the studio and make new material from scratch.  This isn't your ordinary band...  Could take two years... who knows? I don't see GnR slowing down anytime soon.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #9464 on: December 14, 2022, 11:00:27 PM »

So you're allowed to complain how you want but I'm not allowed to complain how I want? Fascinating.

No, not at all!  

If anything, I am arguing the exact opposite.  I think all GNR topics are fair game.  Good, bad, or even trivial.

I just push back on the lecture aspect some take.  Where even simple speculation is wrong.  And pointing out things (that you consider anyway) to be either missed opportunities or missteps are seen as a great offense.

Think of it like sports.  There are fans...and there are fanatics.  We are fanatics when it comes to this band.  Even people that like GNR might find our level of devotion and interest in dissecting anything and everything to be a bit much.  But it makes sense to fellow fanatics, because we share that level of interest in the topic of Guns N' Roses.

Suppose you are talking about your favorite team with a fellow fanatic.  And you start to lament a free agent signing they did, or did not make.  A front office hire they might have whiffed on.  Or even just plays in the game you just watched.

I ask you, quite simply, would you ever get any of this in return :

Why do you hate the team?

Why would you obsess over something you have no control over?

This team doesn't owe you a fucking thing.

These would be seen as odd, off the wall answers from one sports fanatic to another.  Here, its standard practice for some.

This post says everything, especially the sports team analogy. Sports fans ALL THE TIME slag on their teams, say how much they hate them, curse them, etc. It doesn't mean they don't love them. It is frustration. And 99% of fans understand this to be true.

Here, we are expected to talk about how the bands' love of art might influence the next album when this band has put out a single album in 30 fucking years. It's a joke.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9465 on: December 15, 2022, 04:30:55 AM »

This interview was done in October while GN'R were on tour in Mexico.

Not sure if the quotes were posted. So here they are for speculation:

Eddie Trunk: What can you tell Guns N' Roses fans about the future of GN'R? Live shows... I know the Use Your Illusion box set is coming. That thing looks massive. Have you guys been in a room and written songs for anything new down the road? What can you tell Guns N' Roses fans going forward?

Slash: Well, I mean, I wanna go in and cut a whole brand new record at some point. Probably sooner than later. Uhm, but other than that, we have stuff that's still got to come out. So that's gonna be coming out piece meal over the next, uhhh, I don't know, over the next few months or something like that. So that's basically it. We have one more tour left to do next summer, and then that'll free us up to be able to work on the new record. So... Yeah, I'll keep you posted.

ET: When you say.. When you say you have stuff coming out, you're talking about the Illusions set, or maybe going back and putting out like Absurd...

Slash: No, no.

ET: And stuff like that. More of that sort of stuff

Slash: There's a handful of those songs that we actually fixed up and did when we were in, uhh, lock down. So those have yet to be released. So those are gonna come out. They're really good too. So, I'm excited for those. We're just like gonna put out like one or two songs and then another one or two songs. I think that's pretty much gonna be all of them, I'm not sure exactly how many we did in total.

ET: Yeah well, that's cool. 'Cause I loved hard Skool. I thought Hard Skool was a great track and I know there was a lot of history with that. That was a really great song.

Slash: These other ones aren't, they don't have the same kind of amount of history. 'Cause I know Hard Skool seriously has, goes way back.. But there's a couple epic ones coming out. So I'm excited about that.

The Eddie Trunk Podcast
November 17th, 2022 | 39:50 | E330

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9466 on: December 15, 2022, 12:51:56 PM »

This interview was done in October while GN'R were on tour in Mexico.

Not sure if the quotes were posted. So here they are for speculation:

Eddie Trunk: What can you tell Guns N' Roses fans about the future of GN'R? Live shows... I know the Use Your Illusion box set is coming. That thing looks massive. Have you guys been in a room and written songs for anything new down the road? What can you tell Guns N' Roses fans going forward?

Slash: Well, I mean, I wanna go in and cut a whole brand new record at some point. Probably sooner than later. Uhm, but other than that, we have stuff that's still got to come out. So that's gonna be coming out piece meal over the next, uhhh, I don't know, over the next few months or something like that. So that's basically it. We have one more tour left to do next summer, and then that'll free us up to be able to work on the new record. So... Yeah, I'll keep you posted.

ET: When you say.. When you say you have stuff coming out, you're talking about the Illusions set, or maybe going back and putting out like Absurd...

Slash: No, no.

ET: And stuff like that. More of that sort of stuff

Slash: There's a handful of those songs that we actually fixed up and did when we were in, uhh, lock down. So those have yet to be released. So those are gonna come out. They're really good too. So, I'm excited for those. We're just like gonna put out like one or two songs and then another one or two songs. I think that's pretty much gonna be all of them, I'm not sure exactly how many we did in total.

ET: Yeah well, that's cool. 'Cause I loved hard Skool. I thought Hard Skool was a great track and I know there was a lot of history with that. That was a really great song.

Slash: These other ones aren't, they don't have the same kind of amount of history. 'Cause I know Hard Skool seriously has, goes way back.. But there's a couple epic ones coming out. So I'm excited about that.

The Eddie Trunk Podcast
November 17th, 2022 | 39:50 | E330

/jarmo

So either 2-4 songs.... I hope its 4. Even if they sound like Absurd.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9467 on: December 15, 2022, 01:34:22 PM »

Would be ace to get one for Christmas  Grin

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9468 on: December 15, 2022, 02:26:51 PM »

This post says everything, especially the sports team analogy. Sports fans ALL THE TIME slag on their teams, say how much they hate them, curse them, etc. It doesn't mean they don't love them. It is frustration. And 99% of fans understand this to be true.

Yep.

And fanatics kick stuff around with other fanatics.  We have a shared interest that we are way into, perhaps even to an unhealthy degree.

Do sports fans tell one another they better stop that critical talk?  Like the team might find out or something?  Pull their fan cards?

That's what it's like around here sometimes.  Like people think something said here will get back to Axl.  And he's going to show up here with some naughty and nice list, a la Santa Claus.  And the people doing the lecturing want to be able to say "I told him, Axl!  I told him to stop that stuff!!"

That's crazy time.  He (nor any megastar) cares what fans obsess over on the internet.  If anything, I have to believe a part of them is flattered people are still this into them after all this time. **

** = except for legit stalkers, obviously

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9469 on: December 15, 2022, 02:30:28 PM »

This is EXCELLENT news.  Great to hear they made the most of the time those dipshit lockdowns forced on us all.  Look forward to that.

I really like 'Hard Skool'.  And the stuff Slash and Duff added did enhance it, I felt. 

'Absurd', not really my cup of tea.  But even there, I think anyone would have to say what those 2 brought to it made it a better tune than it was.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9470 on: December 15, 2022, 03:47:48 PM »

The fact that he said they worked on music during the lock down just proves that those saying "GN'R should've recorded during the pandemic" to be..... assuming things.

Also, Hard Skool has history.... So, does it mean it's not a "Chinese Democracy leftover"? Just like Don't Cry wasn't an "AFD leftover" when it came out...

If the song existed before Chinese Democracy existed, what does that mean? That some people dislike classic GN'R? Uh oh!

Just kidding.  peace

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #9471 on: December 15, 2022, 04:35:46 PM »

The fact that he said they worked on music during the lock down just proves that those saying "GN'R should've recorded during the pandemic" to be..... assuming things.

Also, Hard Skool has history.... So, does it mean it's not a "Chinese Democracy leftover"? Just like Don't Cry wasn't an "AFD leftover" when it came out...

If the song existed before Chinese Democracy existed, what does that mean? That some people dislike classic GN'R? Uh oh!

Just kidding.  peace

/jarmo

It was just Duff and Slash reworking CD era songs addin' their touch/feel. The rest of the band didnt record a note during the pandemic

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9472 on: December 15, 2022, 05:02:39 PM »

It was just Duff and Slash reworking CD era songs addin' their touch/feel. The rest of the band didnt record a note during the pandemic

So now it's not considered "working on new music" if the whole band isn't involved. Got it!

hihi

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9473 on: December 15, 2022, 05:05:10 PM »

Oh, I don't care about any of that shit.  I don't even understand the supposed problem people have with that whole deal.

Shit sits around all the time with bands.  Whoever picks it back up, dusts it off and shines it up, that's when it's a song.

Quick example : 'Waiting On A Friend' by The Rolling Stones.  Released on 'Tattoo You' in 1981.  No lyrics, but the music dates back to 'Goat Head Soup' sessions from 1973.

So when it comes out, is it a 'Goats Head Soup' leftover?  No.  It's a Rolling Stones song.  End of story.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9474 on: December 15, 2022, 05:10:49 PM »

Hey man, beggars and chooser and all that there.  Perfect is the enemy of good.

Are you turning down any CD era track that Slash and Duff touched up?  Not me.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9475 on: December 15, 2022, 06:17:22 PM »

I read that quote the other way; the specific phrasing of "I know that song has a history" implies he was informed of its history. Otherwise he would just say "That song has a history". Using "I know" as a qualifier suggests that the person is only telling you what they know, implying that they don't know everything about the subject in question.

But regardless, it's obvious that song is not Slash's style of songwriting. It's not riff-based, it's just chord changes. It matches the CD songwriting style.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9476 on: December 15, 2022, 06:56:04 PM »

But regardless, it's obvious that song is not Slash's style of songwriting. It's not riff-based, it's just chord changes. It matches the CD songwriting style.

I agree.

What if does have, however, is easily an identifiable and repeatable chorus.  Not too many of those on CD.

Not a bad thing.  'There Was A Time' is in my all time top 10.  No chorus.  Still awesome.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9477 on: December 16, 2022, 03:17:00 AM »

Oh, I don't care about any of that shit.  I don't even understand the supposed problem people have with that whole deal.

Shit sits around all the time with bands.  Whoever picks it back up, dusts it off and shines it up, that's when it's a song.

Quick example : 'Waiting On A Friend' by The Rolling Stones.  Released on 'Tattoo You' in 1981.  No lyrics, but the music dates back to 'Goat Head Soup' sessions from 1973.

So when it comes out, is it a 'Goats Head Soup' leftover?  No.  It's a Rolling Stones song.  End of story.

Exactly!

You do remember that there was a song they were working on back in the mid 90s to put in a Jackie Chan movie? And that Hard Skool's working title was Jackie Chan. Coincidence? You tell me.

/jarmo

DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #9478 on: December 16, 2022, 02:51:02 PM »

Hey man, beggars and chooser and all that there.  Perfect is the enemy of good.

Are you turning down any CD era track that Slash and Duff touched up?  Not me.
I am not turning down anything. I like Absurd and really dig HS.
I'm just sayin what we've got so far (Absurd and Hardskool) and what we are hopefully gonna get in the next few months is not a band effort during the downtime caused by the Pandemia. Its just Slash and Duff reworking some songs from the previous line-up in order to get Axl happy and focus on writin' new ones

Slash recently said he wants to write a New album with GNR and that they will be able to focus on it since they just have a few dates left for 23. In the meantime we will probably get 1 or 2 CD songs reworked by him and Duff.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 07:17:26 PM by DAVE ROCK » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9479 on: December 16, 2022, 05:20:24 PM »

You do remember that there was a song they were working on back in the mid 90s to put in a Jackie Chan movie? And that Hard Skool's working title was Jackie Chan. Coincidence? You tell me.

Not a coincidence at all; once Slash left the band because nothing was going anywhere (including the Jackie Chan thing), the new recruits started working on that same project. That doesn't mean they re-used Slash's riffs. As a guitarist who has studied Slash's playing my entire life, I'd bet my favorite guitar that Slash did not write that song.

As I recall from Slash's book, they hardly wrote anything from 1995-1996 because they were uninspired.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: