Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:17:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1560218 times)
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #9480 on: December 16, 2022, 07:19:30 PM »

It was just Duff and Slash reworking CD era songs addin' their touch/feel. The rest of the band didnt record a note during the pandemic

So now it's not considered "working on new music" if the whole band isn't involved. Got it!

hihi

/jarmo

Of course not  rofl

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9481 on: December 17, 2022, 04:21:18 AM »

Not a coincidence at all; once Slash left the band because nothing was going anywhere (including the Jackie Chan thing), the new recruits started working on that same project. That doesn't mean they re-used Slash's riffs. As a guitarist who has studied Slash's playing my entire life, I'd bet my favorite guitar that Slash did not write that song.

So you're saying the song existed, but it wasn't written by Slash.

I'm not a musician, but there are other GN'R songs that weren't written by him right? What about Shotgun Blues?

As I recall from Slash's book, they hardly wrote anything from 1995-1996 because they were uninspired.

And Axl is quoted as saying: ''Slash told me, 'I don't want to work that hard,' ''.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9482 on: December 19, 2022, 06:40:34 AM »

no single for Christmas then?

ok I had to ask  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #9483 on: December 19, 2022, 11:38:54 AM »

We will be lucky to get a single by next Christmas. beer

Rizzo160
niko1279
Headliner

Your Imaginary Friend!

« Reply #9484 on: December 19, 2022, 07:37:25 PM »

getting struck by lightning is more likely to happen before a new album gets released  hihi rofl
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9485 on: December 19, 2022, 09:44:40 PM »

Same would have been said about a reunion.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9486 on: December 19, 2022, 11:53:57 PM »

Not a coincidence at all; once Slash left the band because nothing was going anywhere (including the Jackie Chan thing), the new recruits started working on that same project. That doesn't mean they re-used Slash's riffs. As a guitarist who has studied Slash's playing my entire life, I'd bet my favorite guitar that Slash did not write that song.

So you're saying the song existed, but it wasn't written by Slash.

I'm not a musician, but there are other GN'R songs that weren't written by him right? What about Shotgun Blues?

I'm saying he may have written something for the Jackie Chan movie, but it wasn't used by the lineup post-1997. That those pieces of music would both have working titles of "Jackie Chan" due to their relation to the movie doesn't mean they are literally the same songs.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting in regard to Shotgun Blues. That maybe Axl or Paul Huge wrote the version of Jackie Chan that existed when Slash was still there? That's another possibility.

As I recall from Slash's book, they hardly wrote anything from 1995-1996 because they were uninspired.

And Axl is quoted as saying: ''Slash told me, 'I don't want to work that hard,' ''.

I'm not pointing fingers. Everyone involved agrees that little was actually getting done from 1995-1996.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9487 on: December 20, 2022, 03:27:29 AM »

All these coincidences. Same working title, the released song allegedly having a history (which could imply its origins go back), it being picked as the second single released since the reunion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9488 on: December 20, 2022, 07:06:30 AM »

/jarmo

funny considering Slash is the most prolific member by far (Snakepit, Velvet Revolver,
Slash & The Conspirators, work sessions with Jackson, Kravitz, Dylan and so on...)

axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9489 on: December 20, 2022, 08:35:06 AM »

I don't think he meant he didn't want to perform and write music, but it was the album-writing process for the band.  In Slash's eyes, I think it had become a real grind.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9490 on: December 20, 2022, 08:56:35 AM »

I don't think he meant he didn't want to perform and write music, but it was the album-writing process for the band.  In Slash's eyes, I think it had become a real grind.

Maybe he recognized it started becoming overproduced and wanted to stop and Axl wanted to continue...  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9491 on: December 21, 2022, 05:37:59 PM »

All these coincidences. Same working title, the released song allegedly having a history (which could imply its origins go back), it being picked as the second single released since the reunion.

Nothing coincidental at all; the band gets an opportunity to do a song for a movie. One member leaves and you expect them to throw that opportunity away entirely? Why would the working title change when its the same project? Going back to 1998 is a 24 year history. Does Absurd being picked as the first single suggest Slash wrote that as well?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9492 on: December 22, 2022, 04:45:34 AM »

Nothing coincidental at all; the band gets an opportunity to do a song for a movie. One member leaves and you expect them to throw that opportunity away entirely? Why would the working title change when its the same project? Going back to 1998 is a 24 year history. Does Absurd being picked as the first single suggest Slash wrote that as well?

I guess you know more than most of us about the song then. Smiley

Absurd sounds more like something from the next era than the previous era.

/jarmo

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #9493 on: December 22, 2022, 02:00:53 PM »

Same would have been said about a reunion.

Sure and it took 22 years to do a phone call, imagine to do a full album. Good luck bro. rofl rofl
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9494 on: December 24, 2022, 12:25:43 AM »

Did I say that I know anything for sure? I'm giving my opinion... part of which was that Hardschool sounds more like something from the next era than the previous era.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9495 on: December 24, 2022, 04:56:39 AM »

Did I say that I know anything for sure? I'm giving my opinion... part of which was that Hardschool sounds more like something from the next era than the previous era.

To me it sounds more like a natural progression from the UYI era, than say Absurd or Oh My God, which are a bigger leap from that particular sound.

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9496 on: December 24, 2022, 03:26:15 PM »

Yes, I’d agree totally with that. Which makes me wonder what the next single choice will be (assuming there is to be a release). Perhaps or Atlas do have a UYI vibe about them, but maybe now is the time for us to taste (officially) the darker and meaner aspects of the Chinese sessions. Personally, I’d love to hear Soul Monster and The General, both of which I believe fall into that meaner category

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #9497 on: December 25, 2022, 05:52:15 PM »

/jarmo

funny considering Slash is the most prolific member by far (Snakepit, Velvet Revolver,
Slash & The Conspirators, work sessions with Jackson, Kravitz, Dylan and so on...)

Volume isn't necessarily an indication of hard work.

Axl worked harder on Chinese Democracy than Slash did on all of his solo albums combined.

That's not to say that more work automatically equals better album, but more albums also don't automatically equal more work.
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9498 on: December 25, 2022, 06:01:19 PM »

Axl worked harder on Chinese Democracy than Slash did on all of his solo albums combined.

I'd be curious to have at least some elements to back up this illogical claim  hihi

bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #9499 on: December 25, 2022, 07:19:50 PM »

I'd be curious to have at least some elements to back up this illogical claim  hihi

Slash's most recent album was recorded live in the studio. Took like a week or two.

Chinese Democracy was worked on for a decade.
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: