Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:25:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1563969 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9600 on: March 09, 2023, 07:44:40 AM »

Doesn't seem like Duff and Slash were afraid of getting their material rejected by Scott.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9601 on: March 09, 2023, 09:17:20 AM »

Doesn't seem like Duff and Slash were afraid of getting their material rejected by Scott.

/jarmo

sure, but the situation was very different, Scott was not in the band, they didn't depend on him to be part of the band, that was kinda the opposite, and even if they were very interested by Scott joining, the dynamic and the balance of power was not the same.

if Slash propose songs to Axl and Axl is not interested, it's "Snakepit time" again, so how they'll deal with it is my concern here.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9602 on: March 09, 2023, 10:00:38 AM »

/jarmo

sure, but the situation was very different, Scott was not in the band, they didn't depend on him to be part of the band, that was kinda the opposite, and even if they were very interested by Scott joining, the dynamic and the balance of power was not the same.

if Slash propose songs to Axl and Axl is not interested, it's "Snakepit time" again, so how they'll deal with it is my concern here.

It's not like that any more.  They will be fine behind closed doors as just the band.  It's when that door gets open the shit starts.  Personally, I would just crack it, hand out what the band wanted to turn in to management and turn around and work on the set list for the next tour.  Do it and hit the road again.  The rest of the folks can come along for the ride or do and say whatever they want but the band is out of here.  You're either on the bus or off the bus and the band doesn't really notice where you are.  We're moving on with what we've got.   hihi  Yeah they've got some attitude.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9603 on: March 09, 2023, 10:56:59 AM »

They wanted him in the band. And if his version of history is true, they kinda wrote material to get him interested enough to join them. Even after he rejected the first batch of songs.

If Slash would present twelve finished songs and tell the rest of the guys that these songs are final, no input needed, that would be a different matter. I doubt that's gonna happen. Because the situation is different.

The point is, they have all learned a lot between 1994 and today.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #9604 on: March 09, 2023, 04:35:06 PM »

I think Axl still has the last word on what is being recorded for GNR and what is not.

No total disrespect for Richard Fortus but I do not want him playing solos when we have Slash on the band.

DeN
Legend

« Reply #9605 on: March 09, 2023, 05:15:24 PM »

I think Axl still has the last word on what is being recorded for GNR and what is not.

No total disrespect for Richard Fortus but I do not want him playing solos when we have Slash on the band.

why? he has not the fame but he has the skills and the inspiration.

Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #9606 on: March 09, 2023, 05:29:45 PM »

why? he has not the fame but he has the skills and the inspiration.

I just personally do not like "the Richard Fortus - Slash" combination as musicians. In the same way, I do not like Slash playing alongside Melissa Reese, since she does not come from a similar background as Slash, and I do not see how the come together.
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #9607 on: March 10, 2023, 02:42:30 AM »

Technically speaking yer know Fortus is better than Slash , he’s not the icon Slash is and I dunno if he can Co write great songs but you notice that he attempts Buckethead parts live and does ok , Slash cannot play Buckets parts at all he butchers them
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9608 on: March 10, 2023, 12:47:19 PM »

In short: He loves Izzy and holds a grudge against Axl for allegedly stopping Izzy and Steven from rejoining the band.

peace

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

« Reply #9609 on: March 11, 2023, 05:20:20 AM »

In short: He loves Izzy and holds a grudge against Axl for allegedly stopping Izzy and Steven from rejoining the band.

peace

/jarmo

don't want to sound like a cheap psychologist here but that's the first time I really notice Izzy is Axl's childhood friend and Steven is Slash's childhood friend...maybe in the end there wasn't too much place anymore for them with the Axl/Slash relationship.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9610 on: March 11, 2023, 05:50:22 PM »

I feel like Slash kind of outgrew Steven, and with Izzy, he's always been a vagabond whereas Axl sought stability. Even still, being friends doesn't mean you also work together well professionally.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9611 on: March 12, 2023, 07:43:33 AM »

I feel like Slash kind of outgrew Steven, and with Izzy, he's always been a vagabond whereas Axl sought stability. Even still, being friends doesn't mean you also work together well professionally.

making Appetite one of the greatest rock n'roll album of music history, they worked pretty well together in my book

DeN
Legend

« Reply #9612 on: March 12, 2023, 08:03:22 AM »

an interesting article on "why bother making records anymore"

https://blabbermouth.net/news/roger-daltrey-on-possibility-of-new-album-from-the-who-whats-the-point

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #9613 on: March 12, 2023, 10:47:35 AM »

I think Axl is more open to others writing then most think. He just has to be interested in it enough to put his own thing on it.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9614 on: March 12, 2023, 12:15:07 PM »

Makes sense. I would say this is true for most bands who are like The Who. A majority of ticket buyers don't buy tickets to hear the new material. Most people wanna hear what's familiar to them.

To answer the "what's the point?" question, in their case it's not "so you have a reason to tour". But there could be other reason(s).

/jarmo

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #9615 on: March 12, 2023, 02:50:17 PM »

Makes sense. I would say this is true for most bands who are like The Who. A majority of ticket buyers don't buy tickets to hear the new material. Most people wanna hear what's familiar to them.

To answer the "what's the point?" question, in their case it's not "so you have a reason to tour". But there could be other reason(s).

/jarmo

The point to me is simple: if u are a creative guy, u make new things for the sake of it. If u keep touring with the same old stuff only I don't think you can call yourself an artist anymore. Call yourself performing entrepeneur. At the end of the day, there are tribute bands that probably play better than you so the point is to prove that u can make something fresh, new and good. Obviously  you have to balance things in your shows, but don't take the nostalgia thing as an excuse to milk money.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 02:58:21 PM by ITARocker » Logged
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9616 on: March 12, 2023, 03:09:53 PM »

Even still, being friends doesn't mean you also work together well professionally.
making Appetite one of the greatest rock n'roll album of music history, they worked pretty well together in my book

LOL, not what I meant. Just because you both have talents that go well together doesn't mean you operate well together in a productive capacity. Think of people you are friends with who you can have a great time making jokes and shooting the shit, but you'd never want to enter a business venture with. Compatibility as friends or artists is not the same as compatibility as co-workers.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #9617 on: March 12, 2023, 03:13:38 PM »

Exactly, playing the same 30 songs is not going to get it. GNR has only released 2 singles the last seven years. Hopefully we get new music once the tour starts up. In the meantime Smashing Pumpkins and Metallica are releasing new albums next month. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9618 on: March 12, 2023, 03:21:13 PM »

The point to me is simple: if u are a creative guy, u make new things for the sake of it. If u keep touring with the same old stuff only I don't think you can call yourself an artist anymore. Call yourself performing entrepeneur. At the end of the day, there are tribute bands that probably play better than you so the point is to prove that u can make something fresh, new and good. Obviously  you have to balance things in your shows, but don't take the nostalgia thing as an excuse to milk money.

Your logic is flawed.

You can be very creative and tour. What you equal creativity with is releasing the created material.

Hell, you yourself might write 20 songs per day and we wouldn't have any idea!

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

« Reply #9619 on: March 12, 2023, 05:03:03 PM »

LOL, not what I meant. Just because you both have talents that go well together doesn't mean you operate well together in a productive capacity. Think of people you are friends with who you can have a great time making jokes and shooting the shit, but you'd never want to enter a business venture with. Compatibility as friends or artists is not the same as compatibility as co-workers.

so where do you think Izzy & Axl for example didn't operate well together when Izzy was still in the band, musically speaking?

Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: