Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:13:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549014 times)
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #9640 on: March 17, 2023, 10:05:44 AM »

Slash and Duff reworked that songs, they as a band didn't work together during Lockdown

And you know this how?

What you're assuming is that the two of them just recorded their parts, delivered them to Axl and that was it.

/jarmo

Slash said in an interview he and Duff reworked those songs among others during Lockdown

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9641 on: March 17, 2023, 11:09:17 AM »

Slash said in an interview he and Duff reworked those songs among others during Lockdown

Did he say that Axl was not involved in anyway?

What you are claiming to know for a fact is that Duff and Slash did their parts, and it was done. Just like that.

You don't think the three of them worked together and talked about what works, and what works better? Listened to different mixes etc.?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #9642 on: March 17, 2023, 01:42:04 PM »

My god man ... they've released a single album in 30 years. That qualifies as nothing, or as close as you are going to come to nothing, despite your constant equivocating.

That might qualify as minus nothing. Doesn't matter. Number of released songs does not equal how creative someone is.

Have you ever in your life come across an artist mention how they wrote songs, and then decided to scrap them to write others and release those instead? Or how they wrote more songs than what they released on an album? And yet you judge someone's creativity only based on the number of songs released. Sure, you can say that's the only thing we know they created. In the case of this band, we know that's not the case.

/jarmo

I judge musical artists by the facts in front of me, which is their released output. I don't bother with mythological songs in a vault, which are likely scraps of unfinished, mediocre songs they can't be bothered to finish because they don't believe in them. As Ad-Rock of the Beastie Boys once said, "Unreleased songs are unreleased for a reason. They're not very good."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9643 on: March 17, 2023, 02:11:42 PM »

I judge musical artists by the facts in front of me, which is their released output.

There you go! Different than creative output. Smiley

I don't bother with mythological songs in a vault, which are likely scraps of unfinished, mediocre songs they can't be bothered to finish because they don't believe in them. As Ad-Rock of the Beastie Boys once said, "Unreleased songs are unreleased for a reason. They're not very good."

You can think that. I'd be more open minded. November Rain or You Could be Mine weren't mediocre because they didn't end up on AFD. Just an example. Some times songs just don't fit an album. Not necessarily due to the quality.

No one's been arguing about the amount of releases. It's whether or not someone can be creative without putting the result on sale for public consumption or not.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9644 on: March 17, 2023, 07:01:14 PM »

As Ad-Rock of the Beastie Boys once said, "Unreleased songs are unreleased for a reason. They're not very good."

Some of my favorite songs are b-sides. The Darkness seem to have a habit of leaving their best tracks off the album, for example.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #9645 on: March 17, 2023, 08:23:00 PM »

Did he say that Axl was not involved in anyway?

What you are claiming to know for a fact is that Duff and Slash did their parts, and it was done. Just like that.

You don't think the three of them worked together and talked about what works, and what works better? Listened to different mixes etc.?

/jarmo

Grin

You definitely must be Axl's biggest supporter ever

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #9646 on: March 18, 2023, 02:34:38 AM »

I remember when there were around 10 pages to this thread.   

I can’t deny though I would a love a new official album from our band. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9647 on: March 18, 2023, 06:31:01 AM »

Grin

GN'R has been my favorite band for longer than any other band. For me to just focus on things I don't "like" is just pointless. Some seem to thrive on that. GN'R does what they want. GN'R is GN'R. People wishing/hoping/wanting for it to change to for their personal needs haven't seem to have worked. Ever. I would assume that at some point that "Why can't they just do what I want?" frustration would disappear. But it seems like it never will for some. The artists I like, I am grateful for what they have given me instead of upset for what they haven't.

And yes, I don't believe people who claim to know what Axl wants or doesn't want. I don't believe people who think they know what's (not) going on judging by the lack of social media updates about what the band is doing.

/jarmo

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #9648 on: March 18, 2023, 10:09:15 AM »

Grin

GN'R has been my favorite band for longer than any other band. For me to just focus on things I don't "like" is just pointless. Some seem to thrive on that. GN'R does what they want. GN'R is GN'R. People wishing/hoping/wanting for it to change to for their personal needs haven't seem to have worked. Ever. I would assume that at some point that "Why can't they just do what I want?" frustration would disappear. But it seems like it never will for some. The artists I like, I am grateful for what they have given me instead of upset for what they haven't.

And yes, I don't believe people who claim to know what Axl wants or doesn't want. I don't believe people who think they know what's (not) going on judging by the lack of social media updates about what the band is doing.

/jarmo

It's not unreasonable to have a viewpoint on the band and their activities they are not unique in this as all bands are subjected to it by their fanbase on the millions of forums on the Internet, I do think the majority would like to see a new album as it's been wayyyyy to long since the last one, the constant nostalgia tour is also something they need to move on from and bring in some brand new songs ok we got Absurd and Hard Skool  which were a welcome addition to the setlist bit I've no doubt they could add a lot more if they wanted as I'm sure Axl is sitting on a massive vault of songs that have never seen the light of day .
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9649 on: March 18, 2023, 10:13:59 AM »

Nobody's denying fans the wish for new material/album/different setlist/ etc.

But the fact that people can't seem to accept something they have no control over and letting it frustrate them, I don't understand. But I know we are all different. Maybe some find some kind of comfort in it. I don't know.

Does it upset me that GN'R hasn't released an album since 2008? Not really. It is what it is. Would I like a new album? Of course.

/jarmo

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #9650 on: March 18, 2023, 10:47:37 AM »

Nobody's denying fans the wish for new material/album/different setlist/ etc.

But the fact that people can't seem to accept something they have no control over and letting it frustrate them, I don't understand. But I know we are all different. Maybe some find some kind of comfort in it. I don't know.

Does it upset me that GN'R hasn't released an album since 2008? Not really. It is what it is. Would I like a new album? Of course.

/jarmo

Nobody expects another Appetite that's well in the past and part of history but you see other bands of similar genres like Metallica, Def Leppard, AC⚡️DC releasing new music and you gotta wonder why GnR can't do the same, Slash and Duff go off and do it with their side projects and I've no doubt they expected to do the same with GnR when they rejoined after the first 2 years of NITLT tour came to an end as they were saying as much in various interviews and podcasts that they were working on putting out an album etc.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9651 on: March 18, 2023, 12:37:48 PM »

There's all kinds of things that could be the reason. We don't know.

We know there was a record that had already been recorded in 2014. Then something else came up and here we are with a different line up. A line up that's been more successful touring than the bands you've mentioned.

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9652 on: March 18, 2023, 01:09:26 PM »

I think the frustration and the fact that hardcore fans are upset is a very simple thing in human nature, they choose a hero, someone who is almost invincible in their mind, and that hero is competing with others, and they want him to be number one, they want him to be the most successful because they want their choice being validated...

but when things turns bad and their favorite artist is not the biggest band in the world anymore, when he's not the most successful worldwide artist, and when after all he's a normal human being behind the fact he's a very talented musician, frustration comes, the idol must be killed, he's not what they thought, and it's his fault if their taste and choice aren't validated by the general public anymore, worse, sometimes mocked.

it has less to do with having new music to listen or whatever setlist to enjoy than, like Dylan said, " being on the side that's winnin' "

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9653 on: March 18, 2023, 02:32:08 PM »

I guess for some the definition of success is the amount of material released.

Others would probably judge it by the number of albums sold. Meanwhile some others might judge it by the number of fans an artist has on social media, number of tickets sold or whatever.

Then there's those of us who judge an artist's success in something like whether or not they can do whatever the fuck they want and get away with it... To be able to have that freedom, to me, is success.

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #9654 on: March 18, 2023, 02:32:58 PM »

That is an interesting take on not new music but to have GNR relevant. GNR is like Aerosmith in the late 80s. The difference being Aerosmith released new music besides touring. I just feel it is utterly ridiculous that GNR has released 2 songs in 7 years. Time will tell but it seems like they are nostalgic band. Lets see with the new tour coming in June if they release more singles. Regardless of what happens, I will still be at Metlife stadium to enjoy GNR.

Rizzo160
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #9655 on: March 18, 2023, 02:35:31 PM »

As Ad-Rock of the Beastie Boys once said, "Unreleased songs are unreleased for a reason. They're not very good."

Some of my favorite songs are b-sides. The Darkness seem to have a habit of leaving their best tracks off the album, for example.

B-sides are released. He was talking about songs the band chose not to make available to the public. If bands have songs they love or believe in, they are going to release them 99.999999% of the time.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9656 on: March 18, 2023, 06:21:04 PM »

B-sides are released. He was talking about songs the band chose not to make available to the public. If bands have songs they love or believe in, they are going to release them 99.999999% of the time.

I also said, sometimes you save them for later.  ok

November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Don't Cry etc.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 08:40:52 AM by jarmo » Logged

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9657 on: March 18, 2023, 08:05:46 PM »

The difference being Aerosmith released new music besides touring.

their last LP is 11 years old and look how good it was...rubbish (and I love the band)
plus, they use extern songwriters to write them hits...so yeah, Aerosmith, not a good example IMO.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9658 on: March 18, 2023, 09:43:42 PM »

My point is that just because they haven't been put on an album doesn't mean they aren't any good.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9659 on: March 19, 2023, 08:46:25 AM »

My point is that just because they haven't been put on an album doesn't mean they aren't any good.

True. Thinking songs left out of albums must automatically be worse is silly. Sometimes it's true, and other times it's just not.

We can take the Use Your Illusion albums as an example. If they had just made that one single album (which often is an argument that it would've been a better choice, which is missing the point of releasing two albums at once), how many of those unreleased songs or B sides would people say were worse than what ended up on the 75 minute CD? Maybe Estranged wouldn't have made the cut. Or Coma...

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: