Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:49:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1558643 times)
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #9660 on: March 20, 2023, 11:18:29 AM »

There's all kinds of things that could be the reason. We don't know.

We know there was a record that had already been recorded in 2014. Then something else came up and here we are with a different line up. A line up that's been more successful touring than the bands you've mentioned.

/jarmo

That information is very hard to digest... I loved the "revolving" musicians! I`m sure it would have been a very interesting record to listen to... On the other hand, I understand the logic behind giving that record to Slash and Duff to put their signature on the new songs...
I just hope at one point we can hear both versions...

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9661 on: March 20, 2023, 12:26:46 PM »

Who knows what it would've been like. The band that ended the Las Vegas shows in 2014 kinda ceased to exist after the last show.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #9662 on: March 21, 2023, 04:15:11 AM »

Who knows what it would've been like. The band that ended the Las Vegas shows in 2014 kinda ceased to exist after the last show.

/jarmo

Why do you think/remember is the reason it ceased to exist? Was it the reunion of the original members or was that just a coincidence? As far as we know Axl started talking with Slash and Duff in 2014. Bumblefoot has already left, I think DJ had some disagreement with Axl, Pitman left... Tommy just stepped aside when the reunion was inevitable...
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #9663 on: March 21, 2023, 04:36:13 AM »

/jarmo

Why do you think/remember is the reason it ceased to exist? Was it the reunion of the original members or was that just a coincidence? As far as we know Axl started talking with Slash and Duff in 2014. Bumblefoot has already left, I think DJ had some disagreement with Axl, Pitman left... Tommy just stepped aside when the reunion was inevitable...

I think everything went downhill during the time axl had beef with bumblefoot... Replacing him was virtually impossibile in a sense... To hire another virtuoso in order to do what exactly? touring forever without any project in sight with a band that was close to become a circus? The CD project was done already, axl could have kept going with fortus and ashba only, but i think he smelled that ashba was more of a self promoting guy than anything else (that's why they don't talk since then). So he should have hired another guitarist in any case. Duff was there already, in my mind he even asked him to play rythm guitar in order to replace ashba and then duff said slash was available. And the rest is history
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 04:40:02 AM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9664 on: March 21, 2023, 05:58:10 AM »

I don't know. But there was no full band to tour the album if it had come out in 2014-15 for example.

I wonder what difference it would've made for those fans who need new music. If GN'R had released the second part of Chinese with songs in similar styles.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #9665 on: March 21, 2023, 09:42:09 AM »

I don't know. But there was no full band to tour the album if it had come out in 2014-15 for example.

I wonder what difference it would've made for those fans who need new music. If GN'R had released the second part of Chinese with songs in similar styles.

/jarmo

Yeah, I honestly dont think the record would have had a good reception. I think Axl said it himself,if you do not like CD, you will not like the follow up.... I love CD, but its not a catchy album... I`ve had the time to digest CD since the first leaks appeared and kind of got used to the style and appreciate the songs... thanks to CD, now I prefer the "harder sound" songs such as oh my god and absurd.
With Slash and Duff on board, fans might give it a chance...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9666 on: March 21, 2023, 12:28:01 PM »

Just imagine if GN'R had put out a bunch of albums between 1996 and 2016 and had more albums out without the AFD/UYI members than with.

hihi

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9667 on: March 21, 2023, 01:30:36 PM »

Just imagine if GN'R had put out a bunch of albums between 1996 and 2016 and had more albums out without the AFD/UYI members than with.

hihi

/jarmo

that would have been the best/logical thing to do...

Chinese Democracy in 1999, Stay of Execution in 2004, a new album in 2011 with Duff rejoining, and another one in 2018 with Slash...

maybe that's what happened somewhere in the multiverse  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9668 on: March 21, 2023, 03:05:16 PM »

You don't have enough releases there. It's an alternative universe. There's more albums than that so no one would need to say "we want new music".

It's more like "I can't afford another new release this week!". Yes in that alternative universe people still pay for music! hihi

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

« Reply #9669 on: March 21, 2023, 03:34:48 PM »

it must be a universe without internet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

damn, a universe without HTGTH then, less work for you there  hihi

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9670 on: March 21, 2023, 03:45:36 PM »

I didn't say no Internet! I say people still value music enough to pay for it!  hihi

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

« Reply #9671 on: March 21, 2023, 04:55:00 PM »

sorry, I thought it was related ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9672 on: March 21, 2023, 06:52:24 PM »

In this universe, yes. In the alternative one, no! Cheesy

/jarmo

Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #9673 on: March 21, 2023, 06:57:02 PM »

hihi

/jarmo

I personally prefer putting out an album only when the artist is sure its the best album they can put out at that moment... as opposed to putting out its 5 o`clock somewhere in two weeks/months..whatever.
On the other hand, maybe Axl is the extreme opposite. Yet he has not let me down so far.
Put aside the extremely difficult situation with revolving members, I understand that it might have taken a while for the inspiration to kick in... I suppose its much more difficult without the drugs/love/hate/etc. or without the itch to say something to the world...
Yes it would be nice if we had more fantastic albums from our favorite band, but in reality, now we see that it simply was not possible. Not impossible but just not meant to happen for millions of different reasons.
If I were an artist, and if I put out something I thought was a masterpiece (CD), I would probably not put out new music until I felt that my masterpiece was acknowledged by the world. Axl does not have the need to prove himself to the world... GNR have done that repeatedly from 87-93. For most of us even with CD. They have in the past and still fill stadiums... yet the so called fans always demand more and now!
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9674 on: March 21, 2023, 09:56:53 PM »

I personally prefer putting out an album only when the artist is sure its the best album they can put out at that moment... as opposed to putting out its 5 o`clock somewhere in two weeks/months..whatever.

Incorrect. It was recorded in about a month.

When it comes to writing, you have ideas collected over the 2 year long UYI tour, arranged and demoed from mid 1993 to mid 1994, and recorded in late 1994.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 09:58:59 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #9675 on: March 22, 2023, 03:14:56 AM »

When it comes to writing, you have ideas collected over the 2 year long UYI tour, arranged and demoed from mid 1993 to mid 1994, and recorded in late 1994.

yep..I  think only in hip hop you can write an album in its entirety in 1/2 week having good results... But some type of music (the majority) needs time, even if u make an album in 1 month, the ideas are already there, no doubt
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #9676 on: March 22, 2023, 04:38:58 AM »

You are right, I know the ideas came earlier but mainly the riffs. As I understood, the lyrics were put together in a very short time... I suppose the mix didn`t last too long either. All in all, the motive was to put out a solo album, which he did. I suppose that when one makes a solo album, either his instrument is the main focus on the album or one experiments with a whole different direction compared to the usual band music.
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9677 on: March 22, 2023, 12:06:18 PM »

all things considered (© hihi ) if I had the choice (yeah I know I don't) I'd prefer
they directly release all the CD leftovers as an EP when the tour will begin. that way
fans would be happy with new music, and the band will have new stuff to add to the setlist.

since they worked on the material during quarantine I propose Chinese Pandemicy as the title.  hihi

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9678 on: March 22, 2023, 01:47:34 PM »

I personally prefer putting out an album only when the artist is sure its the best album they can put out at that moment...

The one thing some fans of any band/artist, don't seem to understand is that we're still talking about people. Some are fine putting out songs like they are coming out of a conveyor belt. Others don't.

Nobody's owed music. That's probably a hard fact to acknowledge, but just because you invested your own free time into following an artist whose art you've enjoyed, doesn't mean you paid for there to be more art in the future.

I propose Chinese Pandemicy as the title.  hihi

I don't think we need to be reminded of that....  crying

/jarmo

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #9679 on: March 22, 2023, 07:50:01 PM »

In retrospect, my wish would have been to drop everything he had at the time, 2 discs, just like UYI. I think it would have been an olive branch to the fans for the long wait. He also could have shown his complete artistic vision for the project.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 08:38:32 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: