Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:56:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1548879 times)
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9700 on: May 15, 2023, 02:52:34 PM »

Has anyone heard if new singles are coming out for this tour? And what do you think the new singles are? beer

I think it's difficult to generate excitement from the general public these days, maybe that's one of the reasons the singles didn't came out as they should have, according to Slash. other bands choose to release a lot of material, like RHCP or The Smashing Pumpkins, or an album, like Metallica, and since there's not so much to eat with the new generation in terms of rock n'roll in a large sense, maybe this generation (gen X and before) will (re)create a sane vibe of competition that will lead to create new music from the bands who don't, like GNR. who knows.

I hope to listen to Eye On You in a definite form before I die.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #9701 on: May 16, 2023, 03:42:04 AM »

Has anyone heard if new singles are coming out for this tour? And what do you think the new singles are? beer

Nobody hear anything about new music, so imagine hearing something about "new singles"  ( finished song)rofl rofl

I mean duff makes his own music, slash makes his own music. Gnr don't make new music (7 years since the reunion). It's clearly an agreement between these guys. I can see Axl telling the other guys "don't push me for new music or it's over again. Let's tour and let's have fun". Same thing with the record companies: "we tour, we share milions, that's it. Don't push for new music. Sign here."
I think it's pretty clear at this point. And maybe after 7 years the material is even there, ready. Who knows. But i don't think either there's much effort behind it. It's gonna be CD 2 reworked and a couple of new songs (here's your answer: probably the next single if it will ever see the light it will be a new song, so nobody gonna tell them "just a reworked song"). It's gonna be, again, a new album with no promotion, interviews etc. They know it 's gonna be a "flop" (compared to the past) anyway, the fact that they don't put out anything it's because they don't have (or had) anything. This wait nowadays has no meaning other than that nothing is ready. I'm not being negative, but the history of this band (meaning Axl Rose) is out there. All the times you try to understand what is  goin on behind the curtains the answer is one and only one: nothing  Grin.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 04:03:35 AM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9702 on: May 16, 2023, 07:37:16 AM »

Did you hear anything about Duff's new single? What about Absurd?

So maybe the band prefers to just let the music do the talking and maybe they know who will hear it. Maybe that's all that matters...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9703 on: May 16, 2023, 06:24:29 PM »

Did you hear anything about Duff's new single? What about Absurd?

So maybe the band prefers to just let the music do the talking and maybe they know who will hear it. Maybe that's all that matters...

/jarmo

I’d love for GnR to put out a few singles this leg of the tour. Don’t know about you guys, but I felt there was a noticeable positive change in the demeanour of the band on stage whilst playing Absurd and HardSkool. It’s got to be fun for them playing new stuff live. Kind of uplifting I guess to be doing something new. Same with us all.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9704 on: May 16, 2023, 07:35:13 PM »

If anything less than the genre-defining classic albums they released in their early career is a flop, that's not a very fair metric, is it? Almost no artist ever recaptures the success of their early career later in life. That doesn't mean they don't make high quality art that is worth your time, though. I've enjoyed the hell out of AC/DC's late career albums. Are they Back in Black 2.0? Of course not. But I listen to them frequently because they all have very good music on them regardless. I don't give a shit if CD didn't sell as many copies as expected, TWAT, Street of Dreams and TIL are still masterpieces.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #9705 on: May 17, 2023, 05:52:06 AM »

If anything less than the genre-defining classic albums they released in their early career is a flop, that's not a very fair metric, is it? Almost no artist ever recaptures the success of their early career later in life. That doesn't mean they don't make high quality art that is worth your time, though. I've enjoyed the hell out of AC/DC's late career albums. Are they Back in Black 2.0? Of course not. But I listen to them frequently because they all have very good music on them regardless. I don't give a shit if CD didn't sell as many copies as expected, TWAT, Street of Dreams and TIL are still masterpieces.

Well said, I`m sure most people here feel the same way. On the other hand, rock has not been mainstream for a couple of decades. One can make a masterpiece in gospel music, yet I`m sure none of us would even get a chance to hear it. To make things worse, Izzy is not in the band rofl
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #9706 on: May 17, 2023, 08:32:10 AM »

Well said, I`m sure most people here feel the same way. On the other hand, rock has not been mainstream for a couple of decades. One can make a masterpiece in gospel music, yet I`m sure none of us would even get a chance to hear it. To make things worse, Izzy is not in the band rofl

I agree, Izzy is fundamental in GN'R compositions, his style, his presence, the chemistry they do together. You simply can not replace the man, it does not matter whether Richard Fortus is a much better guitarrist player than Izzy, is the soul, Izzy wrote the hits, not Richard, not other people.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9707 on: May 17, 2023, 10:28:43 AM »

I wonder how you would react if the band had a song that Izzy helped write, but doesn't play on and isn't in the band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #9708 on: May 17, 2023, 10:48:11 AM »

I wonder how you would react if the band had a song that Izzy helped write, but doesn't play on and isn't in the band.

/jarmo

Excuse me, please, I do not understand the question.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9709 on: May 17, 2023, 01:40:02 PM »

What IF:

Guns N' Roses releases a song that:

- Is written with Izzy's help
- Has the current band on it, but not Izzy

/jarmo

Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #9710 on: May 17, 2023, 04:17:07 PM »

What IF:

/jarmo

That would be beautiful, Jarmo, a dream come true.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9711 on: May 18, 2023, 01:22:10 AM »

What IF:

/jarmo

And what if that song sucks?  Grin

"...It don't really matter..."
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #9712 on: May 18, 2023, 06:45:44 AM »

What IF:

/jarmo

Impossible.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9713 on: May 18, 2023, 09:13:32 AM »

Impossible.

Has Izzy ever done anything you like less? Or is everything amazing and great?

/jarmo

Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #9714 on: May 18, 2023, 03:05:56 PM »

Impossible.

/jarmo

I like Izzy, but it is true I do not dig or understand some of his material.

How about you? Who is your favorite Gunner? Besides Axl.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9715 on: May 18, 2023, 06:42:20 PM »

Impossible to pick.... They're all unique and talented. That's what makes GN'R so amazing.

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #9716 on: May 18, 2023, 11:05:19 PM »

Impossible.

/jarmo

I like Izzy, but it is true I do not dig or understand some of his material.

I know you didn't ask me but I like Tommy's solo work the best.  Not that I've heard everybody else's stuff but his gets my attention right away.  He doesn't do GNR type music without Axl singing.  Special place in my heart for Tommy. 

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #9717 on: May 19, 2023, 03:14:12 PM »

I know you didn't ask me but I like Tommy's solo work the best.  Not that I've heard everybody else's stuff but his gets my attention right away.  He doesn't do GNR type music without Axl singing.  Special place in my heart for Tommy. 

I agree! I particularly like the run from Bash & Pop through to Village Gorilla Head, some really great albums in there.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #9718 on: May 19, 2023, 03:21:39 PM »

All in on Tommy! Love The Replacemets and a good piece of his solo work. To me, he was the most old school type guy in the Chinese era.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9719 on: May 22, 2023, 08:40:50 AM »

What IF:

/jarmo

Impossible.

The way you feel about Izzy, is how most of us feel about GN'R. We don't assume something they will release will automatically suck.

Of all the songs they have ever released, I don't hate any. Some are my favorites, some are not. But nothing has been so horrible that I can't listen to it.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: