Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:01:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1564301 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9800 on: August 17, 2023, 09:49:57 AM »

Yeah. Band releasing songs, but they're not "new" enough. LOL.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9801 on: August 17, 2023, 12:01:11 PM »

Yeah. Band releasing songs, but they're not "new" enough. LOL.

/jarmo

As you know (perhaps better than anyone), it's always something. Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about.

I just got exhausted fighting the good fight.  Now I just sit behind the keyboard, look, point, and laugh.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #9802 on: August 17, 2023, 12:33:54 PM »

It's kind of funny to hear the complaining hours ahead of the band actually releasing new music.

If only I had said several times in several threads that I was all in for whatever they do AND that I like the song and have for years.  (OH WAIT...)  Roll Eyes

THIS JUST IN : TWO THINGS CAN BE TRUE

You can be excited for a new release.  You can also wonder if it's possible that in 7 years, this current line-up has not written one god damn new song they created as a band.

Doesn't make you a villain.  Makes you observant.  Minimally observant.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #9803 on: August 17, 2023, 12:34:51 PM »

As you know (perhaps better than anyone), it's always something. Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about.

I just got exhausted fighting the good fight.  Now I just sit behind the keyboard, look, point, and laugh.

God, I admire you.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9804 on: August 17, 2023, 07:10:55 PM »

If only I had said several times in several threads that I was all in for whatever they do AND that I like the song and have for years.  (OH WAIT...)  Roll Eyes

THIS JUST IN : TWO THINGS CAN BE TRUE

You can be excited for a new release.  You can also wonder if it's possible that in 7 years, this current line-up has not written one god damn new song they created as a band.

Doesn't make you a villain.  Makes you observant.  Minimally observant.

All I can think of when I read your comments...

Sometimes I feel like I'm beating a dead horse
I don't know why you'd be bringing me down
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 08:15:31 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #9805 on: October 04, 2023, 11:48:41 AM »

Any news of a GNR album after the General release in October? Slash is going on tour with Myles Kennedy in the new year. Wonder whats next, more singles or a new album for 2024. At least we are getting new songs! beer

Rizzo160
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #9806 on: October 05, 2023, 10:13:36 AM »

Bob Lud. he mixed Perhaps (absurd and Hard wasn't him), the same as Chinese. There's a lot more to come in November
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #9807 on: October 05, 2023, 02:40:52 PM »

Bob Lud. he mixed Perhaps (absurd and Hard wasn't him), the same as Chinese. There's a lot more to come in November

Andy Wallace mixed Chinese Democracy and from what I remember said that he only had to make tiny tweaks, everything that came to him was already quite exacting.

Looks like Bob Ludwig does mastering though, so that's interesting!
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #9808 on: October 05, 2023, 04:23:47 PM »

Bob did the mastering of Chinese, perhaps he is mentioned in the mastering, Hard and Absurd are not

It will be a year-end launch and everyone will be surprised
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9809 on: October 05, 2023, 04:59:28 PM »

Wish I had your optimism!  hihi

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #9810 on: October 05, 2023, 05:26:31 PM »

kkk tour ends on November 5th. just signs. By next week, they will have 30 days to announce an event between November 10th and 20th. Except for 2021, all tours extended until December
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9811 on: October 05, 2023, 06:23:51 PM »

Do you have any insider info or just wishful thinking?
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #9812 on: October 05, 2023, 06:47:49 PM »

I wouldn't say it's an illusion, but rather connect some dots. 2008 was still selling CDS, marketing planning was usually anticipated by many months and all that stuff. Today they announce and make some available within days. Axl and Slash in the studio and according to producers listening to Guns n Roses songs. Covid delayed many plans of several artists. My big illusion will be a new Guns n Roses song in Ridley Scott's film "Napoleon"
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #9813 on: October 06, 2023, 12:29:52 AM »

I wouldn't say it's an illusion, but rather connect some dots. 2008 was still selling CDS, marketing planning was usually anticipated by many months and all that stuff. Today they announce and make some available within days. Axl and Slash in the studio and according to producers listening to Guns n Roses songs. Covid delayed many plans of several artists. My big illusion will be a new Guns n Roses song in Ridley Scott's film "Napoleon"

A gnr song in a historical drama feels... unlikely.
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #9814 on: October 08, 2023, 09:10:37 AM »

New Show add November in Los Angeles …  ok  Cool beer
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9815 on: October 08, 2023, 09:28:50 AM »

New Show add November in Los Angeles …  ok  Cool beer

I'm adding the new shows in the general chat under the royalty picture.  Your talking about the Hollywood Bowl?  I'm crazy busy, know I'm missing some stuff with GNR.  I'd like to say would you guys just stop and go home.   hihi  But then I'd miss them, keep going, I'll catch up.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9816 on: October 11, 2023, 06:29:19 PM »

Duff's Longfeather would have been a nice addition to a new GNR album.  ok

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #9817 on: October 11, 2023, 09:35:38 PM »

Duff's Longfeather would have been a nice addition to a new GNR album.  ok

Agreed 100%!!! OR, I also think Duff's song "It's Not Too Late" from his Tenderness album would make a superb addition to a Guns album. It's an amazing song that highlights Duff's songwriting and vocals. He has a Bowie/Jagger tone to his singing on the album. Tenderness was mixed and produced by Shooter Jennings, son of the late great Waylon Jennings.
Shooter was heavily influenced by Outlaw country and Guns N Roses. He understands the blues/country side of GNR better than anyone (except Izzy maybe?) and would be the perfect producer for a Guns album.

I would love to see what Shooter could do with Slash's weeping guitar solos. Shooter could help highlight and bring to the surface GNR's raw, bluesy, honky tonk Stones side.
Anyway, he would be the perfect producer for a future album.

Or, another great producer would be Dave Cobb. Slash worked with him in the famous RCA Studio A in Nashville. Slash said, "There's something really inspiring about that, because old school country music to me, it's very similar to rock 'n' roll and blues. It's very much a people's music. It's down to earth and it's got a lot of soul."  So it is clear that Slash and Cobb also understand raw, stripped down blues and country music. Cobb has produced many Americana/singer songwriter acts.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2022/03/15/slash-nashville-interview-guns-n-roses-grand-ole-opry-house/6984545001/

It just makes sense that sooner or later GNR will work with a producer like Shooter or Cobb. I think their link to the "spirit" and "soul" of American music in Nashville could make an amazing album. I would love to see them produce "Sailing" as a cover for GNR.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 09:43:37 PM by SkeletorSerpent » Logged
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9818 on: October 13, 2023, 02:57:58 PM »

Andy Wallace mixed Chinese Democracy and from what I remember said that he only had to make tiny tweaks, everything that came to him was already quite exacting.

Looks like Bob Ludwig does mastering though, so that's interesting!

I remember seeing a YouTube-video, where Ludwig talked about mastering ChiDem. Did a quick search now, but couldn't find it. I think it was from a conference of some sort... There were audience in the room.

Anybody see it and remember what was said?

Stavanger-rock-city!!
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #9819 on: December 15, 2023, 05:45:54 PM »

With the General being released now, does anyone think GNR will release a EP? Or continue to release singles? beer

Rizzo160
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: