Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:14:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549295 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 05:06:06 PM »

Fucking hell. Please release these songs. Please PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!!!!

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 05:12:13 PM »

Cool post, Spirit. Well researched! Man, that would be awesome to have some new tunes on the upcoming shows. I love the sound of Fortus' plan.

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012, 05:15:42 PM »

To be fair, it sounds like there is another classic album on the way  ok
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2012, 05:18:06 PM »

the main question remains: how long will that way be realistically?

Re-Union time, baby!!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2012, 05:22:07 PM »

It may also be interesting to point out that during the CD sessions Merck said there was two and a half albums worth of good material, at that time.  So we are looking at 30 songs potentially.

Add to that now what DJ etc.. have added. There must be a good pool of songs to choose from

And, Catcher in the Rye was not going to be on CD. It was only ever added because of the positive feedback to the leak. I am happy to be corrected  on this.

Tommy said there are 22 songs left from the CD-sessions. Adding Chinese Democracy itself, it's safe to say they had 36 complete songs back in 2008.

Adding the material written since then I think there might be at least 2 albums worth of material as of today.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2012, 05:23:18 PM »

It is also worth pointing out that the services of Marco Beltrami are very expensive.

Those songs must have been considered special to get the Baltrami treatment,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2012, 05:24:05 PM »

So you wanna go on and on about this for over two months while the band is on tour over here in Europe?

Not the best timing to start this discussion in my opinion... Could've waited until August.

Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2012, 05:26:55 PM »

So you wanna go on and on about this for over two months while the band is on tour over here in Europe?

Not the best timing to start this discussion in my opinion... Could've waited until August.

Tongue

/jarmo

Who knows, maybe we'll hear a new song on this tour...   Cheesy

Sweetness is a virtue
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2012, 05:28:21 PM »

Tongue

/jarmo

Sorry, maybe freeze the thread for a couple of months, and we'll come back to it later. Up to you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2012, 05:28:43 PM »

Tongue

/jarmo

The General?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
habby46
Opening Act

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2012, 05:29:45 PM »

I wonder if they will through a cover song on the album? I would love to here them cover something like Lynryd Skynyrd's 'Simple Man'.  Although if they did record a cover  it would probably be something more recent.  
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2012, 05:31:31 PM »

Tongue

/jarmo

The General?

/jarmo

Hope so, they've already teased us with it.  hihi

Sweetness is a virtue
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2012, 05:34:04 PM »

On "Berlin"/"Oklahoma":

Another song, called ''Oklahoma'' - heard tonight only as an instrumental - was inspired by a court date with ex-wife Erin Everly. ''I was sitting in my litigation with my ex-wife, and it was the day after the bombing,'' Rose remembers with a wince. ''We had a break, and I'm sitting with my attorneys with a sort of smile on my face, more like a nervous thing - it was like, 'Forgive me, people, I'm having trouble taking this seriously.' It's just ironic that we're sitting there and this person is spewing all kinds of things and 168 people just got killed. And this person I'm sitting there with, she don't care. Obliterating me is their goal.''
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2012, 05:53:21 PM »

Tongue

/jarmo

The General?

/jarmo

Hope so, they've already teased us with it.  hihi

+1

Let's just hope that Axl's going to make good on the "It'll be out in 2012" comment he made to Baz.  hihi

Truth be told, I'm more excited for this album than I was when Chinese was finally coming out, mainly due to the fact that we'd already heard more than half the album years in advance both from leaks and live shows.  The idea of 12-14 brand new, unheard, GNR tracks is one of the coolest things I can imagine.  drool
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 06:10:46 PM by sofine11 » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2012, 05:58:57 PM »

Tongue

/jarmo

Dj said they're not working on new songs until they finish the tour.  So there probably won't be anything new until then.

"It's a matter of sitting down with Axl," Ashba said. "He's got a pretty clear vision of where he wants to go, but we've been touring so much [we haven't been able to work on songs].

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2012, 06:02:00 PM »

Tongue

/jarmo

Dj said they're not working on new songs until they finish the tour.  So there probably won't be anything new until then.

"It's a matter of sitting down with Axl," Ashba said. "He's got a pretty clear vision of where he wants to go, but we've been touring so much [we haven't been able to work on songs].

According to Richard, they were recording before the SA tour last fall & resumed working on tracks after the club tour wrapped in March. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2012, 06:04:44 PM »

Tongue

/jarmo

According to Richard, they were recording before the SA tour last fall & resumed working on tracks after the club tour wrapped in March. 

Yeah, but to Jarmo's point -- they're not going to be working on new material for the next couple of months. Wink

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2012, 06:07:23 PM »

Tongue

/jarmo

Yeah, but to Jarmo's point -- they're not going to be working on new material for the next couple of months. Wink

I agree that it's probably not a good idea to get our hopes up until we hear something definitive.  However, seeing that Richard said specifically that they were "hoping for" a fall release, I think some optimism towards their efforts couldn't hurt.  yes
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2012, 06:07:57 PM »

Tongue

/jarmo

On the other hand, if they plan on a release this year, the upcoming tour would be perfect to showcase a couple of new tunes.

Sweetness is a virtue
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2012, 06:12:51 PM »

It is also worth pointing out that the services of Marco Beltrami are very expensive.

Those songs must have been considered special to get the Baltrami treatment,

Beltrami mentioned that out of all the songs he worked on "Seven" was his favorite.  Must be pretty cool.  Cool
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: