Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:01:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1560932 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2560 on: December 03, 2014, 06:59:29 PM »

The song is great, the video is great.  Poor release time and its not a radio friendly song.  Way to long.  It just shows you how great a song like November Rain is.  Another totally long song, but got the shit played out of it on the radio at the time and is still on steady rotation today.  I wonder if they would of released Estranged sooner, or even saved it for a future album release, if it would of been a bigger hit...

I'm not sure its ever a hit, to be honest.  No real chorus or hook.  And really not, even a commercial song structure.

'November Rain' is crazy long, but does have that sort of structure and chorus.

What's interesting is that song compared with some of the CD tracks.  Which also lack choruses or real commercial song structure.  Maybe he needs others for that.  Then again, he wrote 'November Rain' by himself, so who knows?

I remember seeing a tv interview many, many years ago from Axl regarding the recording of November Rain.  In it he stated he wanted to sing the song in a way that most people could sing along to and wouldn't have a hard time singing it in there car.   I totally agree with this and it worked..  I feel that right there was a huge part of the songs success.   Estranged, well its hard to sing!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2561 on: December 03, 2014, 07:00:30 PM »

If you seriously wanna talk about Greatest Hits, I'm sure there's a thread about it somewhere...

/jarmo

Well hopefully no one speculates that the next album is a greatest hits release then!  haha
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2562 on: December 03, 2014, 07:04:44 PM »

Better?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2563 on: December 03, 2014, 07:05:51 PM »

I feel better, yes.  Relievied, more than anything.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2564 on: December 03, 2014, 07:06:05 PM »

The original "that's not how business works" was about how labels don't fuck with artists out of spite.

Here it is :

Very true.

Which is why I never bought the theory that the label is fucking with him.

They've already paid for this stuff.  They are keeping it under wraps, why?  Spite?  That's not how business works.

hihi

You didn't answer the question!
So now you're having a discussion with yourself? Alone? That's not how a discussion works.

You mention them paying for it, and then introduce the spite aspect to try to ridicule the whole notion that somebody would do something that goes against your business ideas.
The record company paying for it isn't even a factor since in most cases, they pay for the recording. We all know this.

So what we got must be yet another case of you not believing something, because that would mean there's a possible reason why something didn't go as you had wished, in the world of GN'R. That can't be right, nothing can have reasons. In your world, where this isn't GN'R, the only reason is Axl. For everything. So you need to ridicule everything anybody dares to put in front of you as a possible scenario. It's easier than to have to think.

Like I said, there's nothing original about you. From the wrestling themed username to the behavior. Seen it before.

And yes, sometimes people make decisions based on that simple thing. Spite. Human nature. Maybe it never happens in Philadelphia? Maybe, maybe not? Right?

/jarmo

People like to say the label paid for all the recordings of CD and the remaining recorded material.   But they didn't.   Axl and Guns picked up a huge chunk of the recording cost.  And if any work is going on they are covering all costs of any of it...

Can you see Axl trying to recoup any of these extra production costs from the label, before he releases the label any new music?  

Do you think that that above statement and the negotiations surrounding it, could/is affecting the release of the next album?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2565 on: December 03, 2014, 07:08:59 PM »

People like to say the label paid for all the recordings of CD and the remaining recorded material.   But they didn't.   Axl and Guns picked up a huge chunk of the recording cost.  And if any work is going on they are covering all costs of any of it...

Can you see Axl trying to recoup any of these extra production costs from the label, before he releases the label any new music?  

Do you think that that above statement and the negotiations surrounding it, could/is affecting the release of the next album?

I do, yes.

But those are conversations that have to happen.  Him sitting there saying "we don't even feel we have a label"...who's that helping?

However, with talk of him actually getting back to work, I assume those sorts of conversations are occurring.  Because its hard to see thing moving forward without resolving that stuff.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2566 on: December 03, 2014, 07:13:53 PM »

Yes, people like to say all kinds of things just to make themselves feel better. They say something to make themselves seem like they know stuff, or to appear funny so others think they're funny/cool etc etc. At the end of the day, a lot of shit that gets repeated about GN'R is just plain exaggerations or just plain bullshit.

I think part of what complicated the release of the previous album were all these legal and business issues. I don't know if those negotiations were just for that album or also for the next one. Maybe they just agreed on terms for the release of that one at the time. I don't know if the label is "owed" another album based on that agreement, or if it's because of an earlier agreement.

I can imagine the thing you mentioned being an issue of discussion.

It's like splitting a lunch bill, except a bit more complicated. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2567 on: December 03, 2014, 07:14:35 PM »

I do, yes.

But those are conversations that have to happen.  Him sitting there saying "we don't even feel we have a label"...who's that helping?

However, with talk of him actually getting back to work, I assume those sorts of conversations are occurring.  Because its hard to see thing moving forward without resolving that stuff.

I agree, either those discussions have happened or are happeing...   I feel though that this is a big part of the reason we haven't heard anything new though.  And I hope it doesn't prevent any future release.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2568 on: December 03, 2014, 07:22:38 PM »

Yes, people like to say all kinds of things just to make themselves feel better. They say something to make themselves seem like they know stuff, or to appear funny so others think they're funny/cool etc etc. At the end of the day, a lot of shit that gets repeated about GN'R is just plain exaggerations or just plain bullshit.

I think part of what complicated the release of the previous album were all these legal and business issues. I don't know if those negotiations were just for that album or also for the next one. Maybe they just agreed on terms for the release of that one at the time. I don't know if the label is "owed" another album based on that agreement, or if it's because of an earlier agreement.

I can imagine the thing you mentioned being an issue of discussion.

It's like splitting a lunch bill, except a bit more complicated. Wink

/jarmo

I would really like to know what the deal with the label is, just in regards to the amount of albums owed to the label by Guns N Roses.....

I know you don't want any greatest hits talk, in this thread, but I am going to just use the reference once, to make a point here.  Bare with me.

So the label released a greatest hits album because they wanted CD and didn't get it   (summed up version)
Then the label threaten the band with another greatest hits album, if they didn't get CD. (summed up version)
The label got CD, no greatest hits 2.0......
So why havnt the label released a greatest hits since...   

it has me thinking that once Axl turned over CD to the label.   The bands album quota has been fulfilled.   Which makes the label negotiations pretty deep and I feel a huge reason we havnt seen anything soon
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2569 on: December 03, 2014, 07:27:49 PM »

I agree, either those discussions have happened or are happeing...   I feel though that this is a big part of the reason we haven't heard anything new though.  And I hope it doesn't prevent any future release.

I don't see how they can't.

Whatever Axl's beef is with the label, or the label's beef with him...without that getting resolved, I don't see a way forward.

He is mad in one corner, they are mad in the other, and no on budges.  But who loses there?  Not the label.  Certainly not more so than Axl, his band, or GNR fans.

I have long though this is going to take some sort of compromise.  Both sides are going to have to eat some shit for the greater good.  Just a sort of admission that mistakes were made on both sides and we hope to move forward.    My fear has long been that Axl might insist on blame split somewhere along the lines of 100 : 0.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2570 on: December 03, 2014, 07:29:23 PM »

it has me thinking that once Axl turned over CD to the label.   The bands album quota has been fulfilled.   Which makes the label negotiations pretty deep and I feel a huge reason we havnt seen anything soon

If that were true, couldn't he get the hell away from them?  Is that what you mean?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2571 on: December 03, 2014, 07:32:26 PM »

So the label released a greatest hits album because they wanted CD and didn't get it   (summed up version)
Then the label threaten the band with another greatest hits album, if they didn't get CD. (summed up version)

Usually recording contracts make a difference between albums and compilation albums. That's why bands often release a best of before they leave a label.
It's possible that the contract was fulfilled with the hits compilation, or with Chinese.

Take that into account, and then add to that what you mentioned earlier....

/jarmo

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2572 on: December 03, 2014, 07:40:06 PM »

If that were true, couldn't he get the hell away from them?  Is that what you mean?

Yep that's what I am sorta getting too...   More so, I think there is more to the label/guns story than anyone knows....   And it may just be a different situation than any other band out there...

BUT.  if you want to know what I think here it is.

I think Guns N Roses has zero albums owing to the label.  I think they have fulfilled there deal, with the last release CD.  I however think they still have a record deal and a label deal.   Not what I am saying.  I think the deal is more like this..  Any future Guns N Roses album release must be released through Universal music..  I think its a time deal that expires in say 10 years, or whatever...  Then Axl can take his music elsewhere, to another label.  He may just be waiting out this contract and that why we have not seen any new music released.  Who knows, mb the deal expires this year.   Again, just what I think.

Its easy to just say.   I think Guns has a 5 album record deal, with 3 more albums left.   Who knows, mb that's true.  I don't think so though.

MB they have one album left and are negotiating a payment from the label to cover guns share of the production costs.   I think this is likely..  But I still think my fist point is right.  

I really don't know why you would need a record label, this day and age, being a band as big as Guns N Roses are.   Many different ways to get your music out there, that you don't need labels for.  And then don't have to deal with all the drama that comes from a label
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2573 on: December 03, 2014, 07:45:44 PM »

Usually recording contracts make a difference between albums and compilation albums. That's why bands often release a best of before they leave a label.
It's possible that the contract was fulfilled with the hits compilation, or with Chinese.

Take that into account, and then add to that what you mentioned earlier....

/jarmo

That's a good point.   Its how we got the release of "live era".  As the bands then current label deal, had the band , "owing" one live album release.

BUT...  From everything that I have read, Axl just owed a album to the label.  There was no specifics, that they owed a album and a compilation album as well...   I am just guessing that it was just one album, not a completion.   Or we wouldn't of seen all the lawsuits involved over it...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2574 on: December 03, 2014, 07:53:09 PM »

Universal Music was the label that released the Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray, DVD and combo with audio CDs.

So we've had them involved with a GN'R release after Chinese Democracy...

/jarmo

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2575 on: December 03, 2014, 08:06:34 PM »

Universal Music was the label that released the Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray, DVD and combo with audio CDs.

/jarmo

Yes and thanks to the link you supplied me I was actually able to find GNR on there website.  And see the complete lack of promotion given to CD and maintaining the bands BIO..   

From what I understand guns never signed with Universal, but there previous label, just got bought/merged or whatever...  So I am sure the relationship between artist and label is new for everyone.

However..   I don't think what ever deal the band has with the label, is your standard.  5 album, one compilation, one dvd deal. 

Does not really matter to me, where the new music comes out as long as we get it.

I just find the whole thing very interesting
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #2576 on: December 03, 2014, 08:14:28 PM »

/jarmo

Does not really matter to me, where the new music comes out as long as we get it.

Definitely, this is a really interesting conversation. This is the best kind of speculation right here. What is Guns going to do when their contract is over? I'm curious about how the band would function in that scenario. Maybe they will release music at a for them accelerated rate because they won't have anyone but themselves to deal with. I wonder if Axl has something planned for when that time comes. Definitely maybe.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2577 on: December 03, 2014, 08:32:04 PM »

/jarmo

Definitely, this is a really interesting conversation. This is the best kind of speculation right here. What is Guns going to do when their contract is over? I'm curious about how the band would function in that scenario. Maybe they will release music at a for them accelerated rate because they won't have anyone but themselves to deal with. I wonder if Axl has something planned for when that time comes. Definitely maybe.

I really don't think it will affect what we get as an album.  If the album is released on this label, or label a b c, or if Axl creates a personal label and releases it.  From what I think, the material is already recorded, so it will all sound the same.

The only thing I can see that would benefit us as fans of the band and Axl, that want to hear new music.  Is that a label should be pressure on the band to release new music.  And from all I have seen and heard the label isn't putting any pressure on the band presently to release new music.  Which is weird, because they pressured them in the past..  Now nothing.  Makes me think that they have some kind of strange deal..
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2578 on: December 03, 2014, 08:33:05 PM »

I agree, that is a good sign.  Perhaps things have thawed.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2579 on: December 03, 2014, 08:40:39 PM »

I agree, that is a good sign.  Perhaps things have thawed.

Well for one thing I am sure there has been a huge turn over at the label, in regards to the people in charge.  So just do to that things have evolved.   There shouldn't be too much hurt feelings when you are dealing with new people.  Not like Axl is talking to someone named, John Universal..   Universal is such a huge company, I really hope GNR dosnt get lost in the shuffle and they are so big there is no personal vendetta out to get anyone.   
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: