Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:16:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1564133 times)
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8600 on: June 18, 2021, 01:08:45 PM »

I’m a ‘G’ man but so have a feeling I’ll be looking at this thread in 6 months thinking why oh why did I not choose the ‘R’ pill  hihi

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8601 on: June 18, 2021, 04:13:12 PM »

I am, an always have been an G type of guy hihi

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #8602 on: June 18, 2021, 04:16:45 PM »

G. Allthough id guess new music in 2022-2023

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8603 on: June 18, 2021, 04:24:00 PM »

R. We've been down this road before.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8604 on: June 19, 2021, 07:30:41 AM »

I'm a G.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8605 on: June 19, 2021, 08:13:59 AM »

How can you be in G?  You can use the word hopeful.  Can't use likely.  Been on this train too long to bet the odds.

No. The way it's described in the question is that time is linear. If point A on the timeline was the release of Chinese Democracy, then point B will be the next release. We don't know the distance between A and B, but each day we are getting closer to B.

If you think B is moving away, and we're not getting any closer, then you're not in the G group.

Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #8606 on: June 19, 2021, 10:09:30 AM »

Serious question. Which group are you guys in?

G: It's likely there will be new music released this year because they didn't last year (we're getting closer to a release every day)?

R: It's likely nothing will be released because they didn't release anything last year (nothing ever changes)?

I'm in G myself.

/jarmo

It's just a guess, I think we'll hear about new music before the end of the year, at least. For me, if the band are going to tour and differentiate the tour from the previous tour, then there has to be a sense of moving forward.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8607 on: June 19, 2021, 10:19:47 AM »

It's just a guess, I think we'll hear about new music before the end of the year, at least. For me, if the band are going to tour and differentiate the tour from the previous tour, then there has to be a sense of moving forward.

I'm with you on that.

I don't believe all the stuff people say about them just touring blah blah blah. Sure, they tour. So what? We've spent over a year without any tours. Things are so much better?

I've never seen the band deny that they wanna record and release something new. Just because it didn't happen on someone else's schedule, or just because the band didn't announce it yet, doesn't mean they don't want to or won't, release anything.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #8608 on: June 19, 2021, 12:30:42 PM »

G: It's likely there will be new music released this year because they didn't last year (we're getting closer to a release every day)?

R: It's likely nothing will be released because they didn't release anything last year (nothing ever changes)?

I'm in G myself.

/jarmo

I’m a G person.  I feel like a new record is coming out this year, and I think it would have been out last year had the world not gone to shit.  I have zero evidence, just a feeling.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8609 on: June 19, 2021, 12:42:02 PM »

I'm in G myself.

/jarmo

I’m a G person.  I feel like a new record is coming out this year, and I think it would have been out last year had the world not gone to shit.  I have zero evidence, just a feeling.

I agree. The covid situation is getting better. We can tour and go to concerts again. Bands can release music and tour behind it, and record companies, i guess, are happy for that

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8610 on: June 19, 2021, 04:11:03 PM »

See, I feel like this tour is already differentiated from previous tours being that it will be the first post-quarantine tour. I think pre-covid, the pressure was starting to mount on the band to release new music in order to justify touring. But now everyone just wants to get out of the damn house and no one will fault the band for just getting out there and doing some shows.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 04:13:03 PM by (t) » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8611 on: June 19, 2021, 05:08:10 PM »

See, I feel like this tour is already differentiated from previous tours being that it will be the first post-quarantine tour. I think pre-covid, the pressure was starting to mount on the band to release new music in order to justify touring. But now everyone just wants to get out of the damn house and no one will fault the band for just getting out there and doing some shows.

Just being able to play shows again is amazing in itself. But if the band wanted to play shows last year and have something new, then why would the postponement change that?

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8612 on: June 19, 2021, 06:36:50 PM »

It's time for a new album, no more excuses.  Can't keep playing the same 30 songs. beer

Rizzo160
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8613 on: June 19, 2021, 07:24:29 PM »

Just being able to play shows again is amazing in itself. But if the band wanted to play shows last year and have something new, then why would the postponement change that?

/jarmo

I just think if given a chance to push the goalposts back a bit, they'll take that opportunity. I'm basing that on the band's recent track record. They're a touring machine but clearly the motivation or logistics of getting an album out has been difficult to line up.

We don't really know how far along new music had come for 2020. There were some optimistic comments from band members and management, and a tour that was supposed to be the start of a new era, but really no concrete info. And remember the tour had technically started with the show in Mexico before the year got called off. There was no hint of anything new at that point.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8614 on: June 20, 2021, 05:28:21 AM »

I don't think the plan ever was to release new music during the NITL tour. So anyone using that as some kind of proof that it won't happen, is slightly off with their assumption in my opinion.

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8615 on: June 20, 2021, 10:08:45 AM »

Can’t help the feeling amongst many fans that the tour announcement is just a continuation of more touring with no new record though. Would have been great for a new record to have been announced when the tour dates went up for 2021.

With that said, I remain positive that we’ll hear something before the end of the the year. Maybe not a new record, but at least something more than ‘tentative’ about a release date 🤞

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8616 on: June 20, 2021, 11:39:37 AM »

Yeah, that's the "well since they didn't do this now, it wont happen" mentality.

Since they haven't said a word about new music, but announced tour dates, no way can they release anything...

Funny, because as far as I know, it doesn't say anything in the rule book that you need to announce both at the same time....

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8617 on: June 20, 2021, 01:27:09 PM »

It's time for a new album, no more excuses.  Can't keep playing the same 30 songs. beer

Ya know what’s funny? I wouldn’t even care if they didn’t play the new tracks live. Just having a new album out would just make me that more excited to see them live again! No doubt I’ll still be there in London either way next year  Grin

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8618 on: June 20, 2021, 07:24:34 PM »

No one doubts new music could happen this year but their track record does not support this theory  beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8619 on: June 21, 2021, 09:54:38 AM »

No one doubts new music could happen this year but their track record does not support this theory  beer

And people who said Chinese Democracy would never come out were wrong. Yet, when it's pointed out to them, they get defensive about it and point out how long it took etc.... Still, they were wrong.  Shocked

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: