Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:41:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1546538 times)
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8700 on: July 07, 2021, 01:38:15 AM »

We all know that the band likes a November release. Maybe that’s the plan?

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8701 on: July 08, 2021, 01:34:52 PM »

Random thought of the day: Matrix 4 is released December ’21. Maybe a song from the new record could be an option for the soundtrack?

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8702 on: July 08, 2021, 08:51:50 PM »

That's another point. What will happen first... Song performed live? Or studio version released first, then a live performance?

/jarmo

with this band its always been song performed live first.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #8703 on: July 10, 2021, 10:50:21 AM »

What is curious, and perhaps concerning, is that any talk of a new album has basically stopped. You would think that with a new tour starting soon, the band and or management would want to maximize publicity and support a new album. When the pandemic broke out or right before it, there was a lot of chatter about how a new album is coming and Slash said he was writing songs for a new GNR album. That went on for a while and then Slash said that he, Myles, and the Conspirators have a new album coming out. And the talk of writing for GNR stopped.

Now, you (or at least I) don't hear anything about a new album, how far along is it, or when it's coming. That could mean several things, one of which is that the members are sworn to secrecy so as to increase the impact when it does drop. Or it could mean that there is nothing to talk about, as in lack of progress and direction.

I guess we'll see, eventually. 

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #8704 on: July 10, 2021, 11:03:26 AM »

What is curious, and perhaps concerning, is that any talk of a new album has basically stopped. You would think that with a new tour starting soon, the band and or management would want to maximize publicity and support a new album. When the pandemic broke out or right before it, there was a lot of chatter about how a new album is coming and Slash said he was writing songs for a new GNR album. That went on for a while and then Slash said that he, Myles, and the Conspirators have a new album coming out. And the talk of writing for GNR stopped.

Now, you (or at least I) don't hear anything about a new album, how far along is it, or when it's coming. That could mean several things, one of which is that the members are sworn to secrecy so as to increase the impact when it does drop. Or it could mean that there is nothing to talk about, as in lack of progress and direction.

I guess we'll see, eventually. 

The band is probably done with the album, now just waiting for the right time to release it.  That's why there hasn't been any chatter.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8705 on: July 10, 2021, 01:26:09 PM »

I would bet the record’s been done for a good while now. The release is now dependent upon (again, my take) negotiations between Guns/Axl and the record company. Something to bear in mind is that Axl will still feel badly burnt by the execs who, once they got the record in the run up to the release of Chinese, simply went about their business as usual. For that reason I fear that we will be waiting a good while for an album, particularly if negotiations reach a stalemate.

axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8706 on: July 10, 2021, 03:04:55 PM »

I think it will be much easier now.  With Slash and Duff back they have proven by their successful touring that there is still a huge demand for them. 
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8707 on: July 10, 2021, 03:39:56 PM »

Yeah demand for the album is not an issue. Is actually getting the album out pursuant to amicable negotiations with the record company more of a sticking point though?

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #8708 on: July 10, 2021, 03:54:07 PM »

Yeah demand for the album is not an issue. Is actually getting the album out pursuant to amicable negotiations with the record company more of a sticking point though?

I think that had to do with Azoff tanking the release of the album, so there would be a reunion at that time.  Which didn't happen until several years later.... for NITL.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8709 on: July 10, 2021, 05:26:01 PM »

I think that had to do with Azoff tanking the release of the album, so there would be a reunion at that time.  Which didn't happen until several years later.... for NITL.

Agreed, and I do think that will probably form the basis of much of Axl’s mistrust, but I also think he was particularly hurt by the actual physical release. All of these things combined mean that, naturally, he’s going to want to make sure that everything is perfect in his eyes this time around. Trouble is, record companies can be unforgiving and stubborn assholes, particularly when it comes to spending $$$. This, I fear, is where the impasse may currently lie.

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #8710 on: July 11, 2021, 01:58:59 PM »

I would bet the record’s been done for a good while now. The release is now dependent upon (again, my take) negotiations between Guns/Axl and the record company. Something to bear in mind is that Axl will still feel badly burnt by the execs who, once they got the record in the run up to the release of Chinese, simply went about their business as usual. For that reason I fear that we will be waiting a good while for an album, particularly if negotiations reach a stalemate.

You may be right, who knows. But I think it is strange that if the album is done, why not talk about it? Or at least mention it. Why not advertise the fact that the band has accomplished something? Why hide it? I would think that news of a completed album would be a good promotion for the upcoming tour.

I also would think that any negotiations with the record company should have been completed long before the album was finished. I don't know how the music business works, but in general very few performers in the creative arts, especially an established band like GNR, would set out on a project without having the logistics and terms nailed down first. To me, that would be not only naive but just plain stupid. 

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8711 on: July 12, 2021, 04:56:16 AM »

Good points raised. There’s lots of unknowns. I can’t help but feel that there has to be something which is proving to be an (insurmountable?) hurdle preventing a new album. Before COVID Fernando stated that a new album would be out in 6 months - i think he said this in December ’19. Since that time, radio silence.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #8712 on: July 12, 2021, 06:46:02 AM »

Hard school was on the setlist,maybe they will play it live. beer

so they leaked it deliberately before, right?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8713 on: July 12, 2021, 09:06:41 PM »

Hard school was on the setlist but never played. beer

Rizzo160
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8714 on: July 13, 2021, 02:50:54 PM »

Good points raised. There’s lots of unknowns. I can’t help but feel that there has to be something which is proving to be an (insurmountable?) hurdle preventing a new album. Before COVID Fernando stated that a new album would be out in 6 months - i think he said this in December ’19. Since that time, radio silence.

There is.  It's called "ambition".

Now, different kind of ambitions.  Touring the world on a stadium level is a huge undertaking.  Requires a ton or effort and a ton of commitment.  But he seems to be able to summon that up time and again, does he not?  Because he wants to.

Can't seem to summon up that effort or commitment for an album.  I'd argue because he doesn't really want to.  Not that he is against it, per se.  But I think it's more of a shoulder shrug from him and has been for over a decade now.

And the best anyone can give me to refute that is 2 approaches :

Tactic #1 : defensive / butthurt : "Oh, so you are in the band, then?  You know all the details, do you??  Huh?  Huh??"

Tactic # 2 : blind hope : "Hey, you never know.  He might surprise you."

Option #1 is employed by people that just want to deflect and shut down the conversation, ASAP.  Because they aren't fools.  They know they have nothing to refute on merit.  So it becomes some misguided "how dare you, sir!!" type routine, that's...you know, whatever.  It's not a serious position.

Option #2 is is employed by people that see all the red flags and obvious flaws in the argument we all see...but just want to believe.  I don't take as dim a view of this, but just hope we call all be honest at how flimsy it is.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8715 on: July 13, 2021, 03:52:35 PM »

Great post 👍

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8716 on: July 13, 2021, 06:04:24 PM »

What a simplified view of the world.

There's more than "he doesn't really want to".

It's a simple way of generalizing. You can do that to everything. Doesn't make it the truth though.

If I say I want a coffee and you offer me something that resembles coffee, I decline. Does that mean I don't really want it, or does it mean I just don't want your version of coffee? That is nowhere near my expectations of what coffee is?

Your simplified version of the universe basically is: If it's not released, he doesn't want to. In reality, it might be more about him not feeling like he has to do anything to please anyone else, unless he's feels like it....

And that's something that some think we're making up excuses for. No need, we're all individuals. We do the things we want to. Just because he's one of the greatest front men of all times, doesn't mean he can't have his own principles and do what he feels is right....  Cool

This has been frustrating the hell out of some for decades. Others know, that it is what it is. Enjoy the ride, and stop worrying about it....

/jarmo

« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 06:06:11 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8717 on: July 13, 2021, 07:35:26 PM »

So it comes down to Axl not wanting to put a new record out? Because he’ll only please others by doing so when he so chooses? Seems harsh in my view with millions of fans who would love to hear new music. But, at the end of the day, Axl and GnR created the music so I guess it’s up to them what they do with it  Undecided

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8718 on: July 13, 2021, 10:20:41 PM »

No. You're misunderstanding what I said.

I meant, he's not gonna do something only to please others. The thing people don't seem to realize is that he's not motivated by scoring points by just pleasing others.

I don't think he will release music "just to give the fans something". If he's not ready to release it, he won't. Even if it upsets you and millions of fans. Others might not do the same, but obviously Axl has never been motivated by this.

The other side of that coin is that he's not releasing anything until it's ready to, and until it's up to his standards. I'm sure some fans would prefer quantity over quality. But that's not how GN'R is....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8719 on: July 14, 2021, 04:10:52 AM »

What a simplified view of the world.

There's more than "he doesn't really want to".

It's a simple way of generalizing. You can do that to everything. Doesn't make it the truth though.

It's just occam's razor, dude.  The simplest answer is tends to be more likely.

When you are on your fifth variable to try and explain something away, it's perhaps time to reassess how plausible your theory is.  And trying to turn something simple into 5-D chess can come across as a coping mechanism.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: