Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:03:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1548991 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8820 on: July 21, 2021, 04:28:50 PM »

None of the leaked tracks were worthy of being on an album. There's a reason they were cut from CD and a reason Axl didn't want them to get out. Underdeveloped, too wordy, lacking contrasting sections to give diversity... it's actually amazing how much better the album material was in comparison.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8821 on: July 21, 2021, 05:26:55 PM »

Sorry have to disagree. Some of those instrumentals are stellar. Soulmonster, D Tune, Oklahoma, The Rebel, Zodiac to name only a few. You add Axl’s vocals to those tracks and you’ve got a shit hot record

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8822 on: July 22, 2021, 08:39:18 AM »

For me, Hard School would have been one of the best songs on CD.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #8823 on: July 22, 2021, 12:56:34 PM »

But what if neither party backs down? We’re the ones who suffer. Just wish we knew whether negotiations are ongoing

The beauty of this all is that it's all hypothetical discussions.....

Some say: "There's no "excuse" why new music can't be out on _________ because Foo Fighters/AC/DC/Metallica/Sisters Of Mercy manages to release music.".....

I'm saying, maybe there can be reas... excuses.

I understand wanting to hear new music, we all do. But I don't necessarily understand why fans feel the need to almost hope for the worst for the band, just so they can get the new music. I mean, if the band doesn't think it's the right moment, then why not just respect their choice?  Huh

/jarmo

The fact is, It looks like It's never the right time to put out something  rofl rofl If they have something, they should just put it out. I mean we're talking about gnr people is going to buy anything at anytime. But I don't think at this point in their life whatever they do it would add something "big" to their catalogue... But in any case it will be the last album they'll made (Think about that.  Undecided), so it has to be at least a decent one .
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8824 on: July 22, 2021, 03:06:11 PM »

Not a single word from the band. No rumours. No rumblings. No comments from Fernando on Reddit. Nada.

My view is there’s one of 3 possibilities here:

1. No plans to release new music at all
2. There’s an intention to release an album but the deal is far from being done, meaning we’re months away from any standard release
3. A surprise release is on the horizon

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 05:41:04 PM by The_General » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8825 on: July 22, 2021, 03:06:38 PM »

The fact is, It looks like It's never the right time to put out something  rofl rofl If they have something, they should just put it out.  .

The right time is when there's a mutual understanding between the parts involved.

Not necessarily a certain date.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #8826 on: July 22, 2021, 03:22:35 PM »

is there any information about the producer of this new album?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #8827 on: July 22, 2021, 03:46:45 PM »

is there any information about the producer of this new album?

More than likely Caram.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8828 on: July 22, 2021, 05:31:43 PM »

Rick Rubin?

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8829 on: July 22, 2021, 06:00:33 PM »

Better than TWAT, Better, IRS, Street of Dreams, This I Love? You're out of your mind!

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8830 on: July 22, 2021, 06:12:46 PM »

Better than TWAT, Better, IRS, Street of Dreams, This I Love? You're out of your mind!

I think CD was the perfect balance of rockers/ballads, much like the illusions. I hope Hardskool will be on the next record. More than anything I’m hoping The General will be a track too. Ever since hearing that shitty cellphone recording from the Vienna after show party I’ve been hooked. It’s a beast

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8831 on: July 22, 2021, 06:17:27 PM »

From the leak tracks, I would say Hard School and Perhaps were really good! I still  think Hard School came from the 94-96 session. It has that classic GNR song structure. Perhaps would have fit well on UYI.
shadowofthewave
Opening Act

« Reply #8832 on: July 22, 2021, 08:40:33 PM »

I think CD was the perfect balance of rockers/ballads, much like the illusions. I hope Hardskool will be on the next record. More than anything I’m hoping The General will be a track too. Ever since hearing that shitty cellphone recording from the Vienna after show party I’ve been hooked. It’s a beast

The track I'm hoping for the most is Soul Monster. Me And My Elvis is the best instrumental any lineup of GNR ever wrote, and Axl said he laid down his most venomous vocals ever on it.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8833 on: July 23, 2021, 04:11:25 AM »

Not a single word from the band. No rumours. No rumblings. No comments from Fernando on Reddit. Nada.

2. There’s an intention to release an album but the deal is far from being done, meaning we’re months away from any standard release

Thoughts?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8834 on: July 23, 2021, 04:25:17 AM »

From the leak tracks, I would say Hard School and Perhaps were really good! I still  think Hard School came from the 94-96 session. It has that classic GNR song structure. Perhaps would have fit well on UYI.

Hardschool sounds nothing like a Slash composition. Have you even listened to the Snakepit album he wrote in 1994? Hardschool is just like all of the other leaks in terms of writing style.

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #8835 on: July 23, 2021, 05:01:40 AM »

Thoughts?

All i can say is that i believe in slash and his work ethic... i don't think he's going to play live forever without a new album or at least a couple of "new" (whatever it means) songs
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8836 on: July 23, 2021, 08:18:11 AM »

Thoughts?

All i can say is that i believe in slash and his work ethic... i don't think he's going to play live forever without a new album or at least a couple of "new" (whatever it means) songs

Looking at it from Slash’s point of view though, he gets the best of both worlds. He gets to make $$$ from touring with Guns whilst his other projects satisfy his hunger for working on new projects

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8837 on: July 23, 2021, 09:30:24 AM »

Hardschool sounds nothing like a Slash composition. Have you even listened to the Snakepit album he wrote in 1994? Hardschool is just like all of the other leaks in terms of writing style.

Yeah, I never got that theory either.  That it was some holdover from the 90s.

And...have you listened to the lyrics?  Who might they be about??

That tune was written after it all went to hell.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8838 on: July 23, 2021, 09:35:04 AM »

This was also my theory.

He agrees to come back, play a huge reunion your for big bucks.  Which is his prerogative, and I totally agree with.

But with the understanding that can't be all there is.  Because I agree with you.  It's not who Slash is.  He is not a "rest on your laurels" type cat.  He has always has a hunger for new stuff.  New bands, new challenges.  I could not believe he was coming back to be Fleetwood N' Roses in perpetuity.

But how many legs of this tour is this now?  It's starting to rival the length of a KISS or Cher farewell tour.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8839 on: July 23, 2021, 11:01:59 AM »

But how many legs of this tour is this now?  It's starting to rival the length of a KISS or Cher farewell tour.

This tour? You're aware that NITL ended in 2019, the two shows last year were not part of the same tour....

And the upcoming tours aren't called NITL either.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: