Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:32:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1548948 times)
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8840 on: July 23, 2021, 12:42:27 PM »

So is the new tour called ‘We’re F’n back’’?

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8841 on: July 23, 2021, 12:46:05 PM »

It's called You keep paying we will keep playing lol beer

Rizzo160
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8842 on: July 23, 2021, 12:54:16 PM »

hihi

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8843 on: July 23, 2021, 01:52:55 PM »

Hahahahaha.  Pretty much.

Hey, good on them.  They missed on a fucking fortune for 20 years.  Recoup all you can, I say.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8844 on: July 23, 2021, 02:07:37 PM »

Hopefully they do the right thing and play a couple of new songs.  Hav a feeling it won't happen until the Australian tour beer

Rizzo160
shadowofthewave
Opening Act

« Reply #8845 on: July 24, 2021, 11:08:52 AM »

All i can say is that i believe in slash and his work ethic... i don't think he's going to play live forever without a new album or at least a couple of "new" (whatever it means) songs

This was also my theory.

He agrees to come back, play a huge reunion your for big bucks.  Which is his prerogative, and I totally agree with.

But with the understanding that can't be all there is.  Because I agree with you.  It's not who Slash is.  He is not a "rest on your laurels" type cat.  He has always has a hunger for new stuff.  New bands, new challenges.  I could not believe he was coming back to be Fleetwood N' Roses in perpetuity.

But how many legs of this tour is this now?  It's starting to rival the length of a KISS or Cher farewell tour.

Considering the $$$ they've made on this tour and Slash's divorce I find it impossible to believe he put any stipulations on returning to the band, as in there must be new music. Before the reunion a lot of people said the same thing about how he wouldn't return unless it was a full classic lineup and TB not managing the band. I'm not denying Slash has standards and principles there's no way they are coming before this kind of cash.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8846 on: July 24, 2021, 09:24:33 PM »

I think Slash is content playing the same 30 songs, making a boatload of money.  He has Myles Kennedy to make new music with and has done so for the last 10 years. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8847 on: July 25, 2021, 12:22:52 PM »

I know I've said this before... No one has said they don't wanna create and/or release new music....

Slash and Duff working on new material outside of GN'R is one thing, and GN'R is something else. I don't believe their solo work give them the same "feeling" (for lack of a better word) than GN'R does. They are two different entities.

I mean, I'm sure making a solo record/project is fulfilling, but it's not GN'R.
It's hard to explain....  confused

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8848 on: July 25, 2021, 12:33:03 PM »

I know I've said this before... No one has said they don't wanna create and/or release new music....

Slash and Duff working on new material outside of GN'R is one thing, and GN'R is something else. I don't believe their solo work give them the same "feeling" (for lack of a better word) than GN'R does. They are two different entities.

I mean, I'm sure making a solo record/project is fulfilling, but it's not GN'R.
It's hard to explain....  confused

Kinda like they enjoy burgers but the real prize is the steak. Trouble is, man’s gotta eat and if all that’s going is burgers…

/jarmo

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #8849 on: July 25, 2021, 03:20:37 PM »

Richard was on Todd Kerns podcast a while ago, Todd mentioned GnR was working on a new album.  It's coming, just gotta wait.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8850 on: July 25, 2021, 03:21:58 PM »

Considering the $$$ they've made on this tour and Slash's divorce I find it impossible to believe he put any stipulations on returning to the band, as in there must be new music. Before the reunion a lot of people said the same thing about how he wouldn't return unless it was a full classic lineup and TB not managing the band. I'm not denying Slash has standards and principles there's no way they are coming before this kind of cash.

The last thing in the world Slash needs is more money. Contraband went 2X platinum and he's toured nonstop his whole life on top of the royalties from Guns. They were offered millions, multiple times, to reunite over the years but they did not do it until they actually wanted to. Not to mention, we have no clue what the terms of Slash's divorce were but even if he lost half of his entire wealth, I'm sure he'd still be just fine.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8851 on: July 25, 2021, 05:30:31 PM »

Well the tour kicks off on the 31, now we will see if new music is on the way. Personally I think we might here new music in November on the Australian tour. beer

Rizzo160
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8852 on: July 25, 2021, 06:43:46 PM »

Well the tour kicks off on the 31, now we will see if new music is on the way. Personally I think we might here new music in November on the Australian tour. beer

Just curious what that is based on.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8853 on: July 25, 2021, 06:52:36 PM »

The Australian tour is supposed to be a new tour, so hopefully new music. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8854 on: July 25, 2021, 09:16:52 PM »

As opposed to the North American one which isn't?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
shadowofthewave
Opening Act

« Reply #8855 on: July 25, 2021, 11:07:54 PM »

/jarmo

This tour is being branded as a return to live shows after Covid, "We're F'N Back". Australia is too actually. Europe next year is still using the "Next Chapter" skull with shield branding. If a new album materializes it will be next year.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8856 on: July 26, 2021, 01:56:17 AM »

/jarmo

This tour is being branded as a return to live shows after Covid, "We're F'N Back". Australia is too actually. Europe next year is still using the "Next Chapter" skull with shield branding. If a new album materializes it will be next year.

That true? I’ve been hunting for tour imagery but had no luck

shadowofthewave
Opening Act

« Reply #8857 on: July 26, 2021, 04:17:36 AM »

/jarmo

That true? I’ve been hunting for tour imagery but had no luck

All the pictures I've seen for this North American tour have been the "stomping Covid/we're back" poster, and the Australian one is the "Stadium rock is back" one.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #8858 on: July 26, 2021, 01:17:27 PM »

New Slash album just got announced for early 22, not sure how this will impact the next Guns record.  I would think the fall would make sense for the Guns album because I don’t see the powers that be putting a Slash album and a GNR album out too close to each other.  Yes I’m already aware that some will just insist the new Guns record won’t happen now, but I don’t think it impacts anything other than a possible release date, and I assume GNR had the choice of the date and early 22 was something they weren’t considering.   Also Gibson starting a record label in 2022 is an interesting move, not sure what to make of it:  

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/record-labels/9605940/gibson-record-label-slash-album-2022
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 01:20:25 PM by Bodhi » Logged
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #8859 on: July 26, 2021, 02:42:39 PM »

then I suppose Slash will have to tour to support the album..

so yeah, no GNR new album this year

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: