Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:04:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549311 times)
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8860 on: July 26, 2021, 02:46:38 PM »

I think if a new GNR album is to come out it will be this fall beer

Rizzo160
shadowofthewave
Opening Act

« Reply #8861 on: July 26, 2021, 03:17:05 PM »

I think if a new GNR album is to come out it will be this fall beer

Not happening. You're setting yourself up for a massive disappointment. This is a "return to live shows" nostalgia tour. Nothing more. Maybe we get a UYI boxset sometime this fall.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #8862 on: July 26, 2021, 03:31:58 PM »

then I suppose Slash will have to tour to support the album..

so yeah, no GNR new album this year

Looks like Slash has figured out how to release an album. Let the mental gymnastics begin...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8863 on: July 26, 2021, 04:15:52 PM »

Slash last year had said both albums would come out this year. His album is coming out next year, so I feel that aGNR release should be in the fall.  The tour is a brand new one with hopefully new music. beer

Rizzo160
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8864 on: July 26, 2021, 04:40:43 PM »

Looks like Slash has figured out how to release an album. Let the mental gymnastics begin...

How so? Has something been announced? If so, how is it Slash can figure out how to release new music with his other projects but not with Guns?  Huh

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8865 on: July 26, 2021, 06:19:37 PM »

Jarmo with Slash's new album announced today, do you think GNR will announce an album release? beer

Rizzo160
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #8866 on: July 26, 2021, 07:40:26 PM »

You can't compare a Slash solo album, to a GnR new album... Totally different animal.  Just because Slash's album is coming in early 2022 doesn't mean anything.  Guns could release something prior say in the winter... then come back and tour 2022 and tour off that album say late 2022 or early 2023 here in the U.S.  Since they already have dates overseas next year.  Slash could tour while GnR has time off between legs... a month or 2 for his tour dates.   I don't see any problem.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8867 on: July 26, 2021, 10:03:01 PM »

Guns toured NITL around Slash's last solo album, who says they can't tour for a new album that way? Besides, knowing Guns, they will introduce new tracks live long before the album comes out. This could be like the 2006 tour promoting the album before it even comes out (although in this case, assume it comes out 2022).

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #8868 on: July 26, 2021, 11:00:57 PM »

You can't compare a Slash solo album, to a GnR new album... Totally different animal.  Just because Slash's album is coming in early 2022 doesn't mean anything.  Guns could release something prior say in the winter... then come back and tour 2022 and tour off that album say late 2022 or early 2023 here in the U.S.  Since they already have dates overseas next year.  Slash could tour while GnR has time off between legs... a month or 2 for his tour dates.   I don't see any problem.

Yeah I totally agree.  Other than them not putting the records out the same exact time as each other I don’t think one will have any impact on the other.   After today’s news  I think it’s fair to say the new Guns album won’t be released in early 22(or maybe it will be, who knows?). But that still leaves the rest of this year and anytime that isn’t within a month or two of the Slash album.  Also like a previous poster said they might just start debuting new songs on the tour, who knows ?

New tour starting next week, new Slash album confirmed, and all this speculation on new Guns stuff,  it’s an exciting time to be a fan. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8869 on: July 27, 2021, 01:11:32 AM »

Hahahaha

Just the usual.  Up is down. Down is up.  There is no band like Guns N Roses.

Same as it ever was.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8870 on: July 27, 2021, 01:15:41 AM »

New tour starting next week, new Slash album confirmed, and all this speculation on new Guns stuff,  it’s an exciting time to be a fan. 

I think we should all look forward to new live shows.  Been one of the best rock tours of the past few years, our boys.

As for the rest?  Eh.  What have you got really?  Just enjoy the concerts.  Let's hope for good Periscope feeds.  Keep expectations real world.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #8871 on: July 27, 2021, 09:52:56 AM »

As for the rest?  Eh.  What have you got really?  Just enjoy the concerts.  Let's hope for good Periscope feeds.  Keep expectations real world.

I get to see my favorite band live in person next week, I never take that for granted (especially with the last year and a half we’ve had ), a 100% confirmed new record by Slash, and a good chance for new material by the band.  That’s all good stuff. 

Would you rather return to anytime between 1995-2005(sans the Fall of 2002)? 
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #8872 on: July 27, 2021, 10:44:55 AM »

I get to see my favorite band live in person next week, I never take that for granted (especially with the last year and a half we’ve had ), a 100% confirmed new record by Slash, and a good chance for new material by the band.  That’s all good stuff. 

Would you rather return to anytime between 1995-2005(sans the Fall of 2002)? 

But what is the "good chance for new material" based on? Just hope or a feeling, because that's really all we got. Everything else is entirely circumstantial at best. The new tour is not called NITL? Cool. That could mean a new album, or it could mean that the name of the tour is different. There's always an escape hatch to deny reliance.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8873 on: July 27, 2021, 11:12:50 AM »

You can't compare a Slash solo album, to a GnR new album... Totally different animal.  

Why? Music is music... The thought that this next GNR album is Bill and Ted releasing the Wyld Stallyns album that will save the world is absurd. This thought that no other artist, band, label, or management team has ever had to deal with the stresses of GnR's next album is equally insane.

Now is Axl putting that much stress on himself, sure, he probably is... but that is the problem... not the industry, not the label, not COVID... Axl. His tinkering didn't work last time over the course of 9-10 years, and it won't help this time. Just release music, it will sell on the name... and if it's not an overblown over produced mess with minute plus long synth intros and is just a rock album it will be amazing.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #8874 on: July 27, 2021, 11:16:04 AM »

But what is the "good chance for new material" based on? Just hope or a feeling, because that's really all we got. Everything else is entirely circumstantial at best. The new tour is not called NITL? Cool. That could mean a new album, or it could mean that the name of the tour is different. There's always an escape hatch to deny reliance.

Hope and a feeling. Also it makes sense now.  Putting out a new record during a reunion tour made zero sense, nobody cares about a new record during a reunion tour.  
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8875 on: July 27, 2021, 01:42:52 PM »

Hope and a feeling. Also it makes sense now.  Putting out a new record during a reunion tour made zero sense, nobody cares about a new record during a reunion tour.  

No of course they wouldn’t  hihi

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8876 on: July 27, 2021, 02:33:44 PM »

New tour= new album.  That was the plan 2 years ago, see what happens beer

Rizzo160
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #8877 on: July 27, 2021, 02:36:03 PM »

No of course they wouldn’t  hihi

They didn’t, look at the staggering numbers the NITL tour did,  nobody was going to that to hear new songs, they wanted to hear their favorite songs.  I was at a bunch of those shows,  the stadium always went insane during songs like SCOM, and way less crazy to lesser known GNR songs.  Putting out a new record during that tour made no sense because it mostly would have just gotten lost in the shuffle.  Us diehards would have loved it, but it really didn’t further serve the purpose of the NITL tour IMO.

There is a difference between fans like us and the 99.9 percent of fans who go to the shows, especially big stadium shows.  That said they’ve toured the world , some places multiple times since 2016,  I think it actually makes sense to do a new record now, and it seems like that’s the goal from what band members said
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 02:43:01 PM by Bodhi » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8878 on: July 27, 2021, 03:44:03 PM »

At both of my NITL shows, I scanned the crowd during the CD tunes and see who else knew the words.

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8879 on: July 27, 2021, 04:21:21 PM »

And beer

Rizzo160
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: