Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:27:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549019 times)
Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #8960 on: November 19, 2021, 01:33:01 AM »

I would like to speculate that the new Guns N' Roses album will be a heavy effin' platter...
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #8961 on: January 06, 2022, 11:19:08 AM »

https://www.loudersound.com/news/slash-on-guns-n-roses-past-present-and-future-none-of-us-were-prepared-for-what-it-turned-into

This is great news!
Actually better than great news peace

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8962 on: January 06, 2022, 11:52:19 AM »

I agree with you! Looking forward to this year as a GNR fan! Thank you for sharing.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #8963 on: January 06, 2022, 01:55:50 PM »

This bit sounds pretty fucking good, eh?

He does, however, confirm that a new album is definitely coming.

“There’s new Guns material coming out as we speak, and we’ll probably keep putting it out until the entire record’s worth of stuff is done and then put it out solid,” he says. “It’s cool. I’m enjoying working on the stuff and having a good time doing it.”

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cineater
Legend

« Reply #8964 on: January 06, 2022, 02:22:56 PM »

This bit sounds pretty fucking good, eh?

He does, however, confirm that a new album is definitely coming.

“There’s new Guns material coming out as we speak, and we’ll probably keep putting it out until the entire record’s worth of stuff is done and then put it out solid,” he says. “It’s cool. I’m enjoying working on the stuff and having a good time doing it.”

That last sentence goes along with my thinking, we'll keep getting singles and eventually in some form they will release them as a group or what you would call an album.

The as we speak is the EP.  So far they have introduced the singles from the stage.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 02:33:05 PM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8965 on: January 06, 2022, 07:48:30 PM »

That could be interpreted two ways, I think: either they drip-feed new songs and collect them into an album after the fact, OR they clear out the old material like HS while working on an album of new stuff which comes out when all the re-recorded older stuff has been released. I'm cool with either option.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8966 on: January 07, 2022, 09:40:35 AM »

Either way this sounds great.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #8967 on: January 07, 2022, 12:37:13 PM »

after two years of pandemic we all need that sort of boost in our lives, good news

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8968 on: January 07, 2022, 07:58:38 PM »

I think we will get a bunch of EPs and then get an album. Sounds good to me. beer

Rizzo160
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #8969 on: January 08, 2022, 11:32:01 AM »

That could be interpreted two ways, I think: either they drip-feed new songs and collect them into an album after the fact, OR they clear out the old material like HS while working on an album of new stuff which comes out when all the re-recorded older stuff has been released. I'm cool with either option.
I think that they are going to release a song at a time until they have a full album, and then collect that. Combine that with the UYI boxset, and you are talking about a pretty active time period as far as releases go. This is great news. beer

Ali
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8970 on: January 08, 2022, 03:55:40 PM »

Had a feeling this was the way it was gonna go. I’m pleased, stoked in fact, but i just hope we’re not waiting eons between single releases. There’s no need to only release singles whilst on tour, surely?

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8971 on: January 09, 2022, 11:07:46 AM »

Had a feeling this was the way it was gonna go. I’m pleased, stoked in fact, but i just hope we’re not waiting eons between single releases. There’s no need to only release singles whilst on tour, surely?

They make more money touring than off of streams, and while we (the boards) will buy music, the numbers show that the industry is almost entirely streaming these days. It's projected in 2024 to be 5 billion dollars of streaming and 400 million dollars towards digital download. Back in 2018 Streaming was 47% of the industry, physical sales were 25% and digital download was 12% and those numbers were heavily trending down while stream was going up...

Having said that, I think the single releases are going to be aimed at driving eyes and interest to their shows. Couple that with the fact that Guns N' Roses are starting to rival KISS when it comes to merch, I'm sure that will also see a benefit from single releases.

So I would say you will only see music releases while they are on the road.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #8972 on: January 09, 2022, 01:02:11 PM »

They make more money touring than off of streams, and while we (the boards) will buy music, the numbers show that the industry is almost entirely streaming these days. It's projected in 2024 to be 5 billion dollars of streaming and 400 million dollars towards digital download. Back in 2018 Streaming was 47% of the industry, physical sales were 25% and digital download was 12% and those numbers were heavily trending down while stream was going up...

Having said that, I think the single releases are going to be aimed at driving eyes and interest to their shows. Couple that with the fact that Guns N' Roses are starting to rival KISS when it comes to merch, I'm sure that will also see a benefit from single releases.

So I would say you will only see music releases while they are on the road.

It is a kind of step back in time where singles ruled.  Your record player was a single box.  Stacks of 45's.  "Move on back to squares."

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #8973 on: January 09, 2022, 04:01:29 PM »

So from the sounds of it, Hard Skool/Absurd might be the first in a series of single/EP releases, until they build up to a full album.
Guessing we get Perhaps, Atlas Shrugged, etc. Really, really hope we also hear Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul with vocals...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #8974 on: January 09, 2022, 06:24:18 PM »

So from the sounds of it, Hard Skool/Absurd might be the first in a series of single/EP releases, until they build up to a full album.
Guessing we get Perhaps, Atlas Shrugged, etc. Really, really hope we also hear Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul with vocals...

I think there's stuff waiting to see the light of day but don't be surprised if Axl's got something he wants to sing about that needs to be pushed ahead of some of the others.

NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #8975 on: January 10, 2022, 08:45:34 PM »

I think there's stuff waiting to see the light of day but don't be surprised if Axl's got something he wants to sing about that needs to be pushed ahead of some of the others.

You mean … like …a Looney Tunes song?
cineater
Legend

« Reply #8976 on: January 10, 2022, 11:37:03 PM »

You mean … like …a Looney Tunes song?

Wasn't thinking of that but there are many places that use songs.  And despite what some people say about Axl having writers block, I don't believe that.  We've had some current events he could be thinking about.  Could result in a drum solo for Frank if he wants to kick somebody's ass.  hihi  Then again he's been pretty happy lately.  We could be in for a happy GNR song.  He could be working with some of those people behind the scenes we don't see on the stage.

Or he could be doing what everybody else seems to be doing and remodeling the house.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8977 on: January 29, 2022, 08:34:09 AM »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/slash-on-the-new-drama-free-guns-n-roses-11643461201

“One of the things Axl wanted to get off his chest was a bunch of material he’d recorded,” Slash says. “So we thought, ‘Well, that’s a good way to wet our feet.’” The coming material might arrive in a piecemeal fashion, before being assembled into an album. Work on an entirely new record hasn’t begun in earnest.

And there is no official strategy yet about releasing music. “There are no cut-and-dried answers,” Slash says.

“It’s Guns N’ Roses.”

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #8978 on: January 29, 2022, 10:04:33 AM »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/slash-on-the-new-drama-free-guns-n-roses-11643461201

“One of the things Axl wanted to get off his chest was a bunch of material he’d recorded,” Slash says. “So we thought, ‘Well, that’s a good way to wet our feet.’” The coming material might arrive in a piecemeal fashion, before being assembled into an album. Work on an entirely new record hasn’t begun in earnest.

And there is no official strategy yet about releasing music. “There are no cut-and-dried answers,” Slash says.

“It’s Guns N’ Roses.”

/jarmo

Great interview. Thank you. More confirmation of future releases  ok

Ali
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #8979 on: January 29, 2022, 01:54:34 PM »

“It’s Guns N’ Roses.”

/jarmo

I agree with Ali, that's actually feels like a good interview and good journalism, so kudos to the journalist and the WST.
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: