Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:45:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549238 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9160 on: July 27, 2022, 08:33:11 PM »

You have to laugh.  I've been around this same discussion since 1999.  They're going to drop an album and the internet won't skip a beat before they are speculating about the next one.   hihi 

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #9161 on: July 30, 2022, 07:06:59 PM »

Its not funny anymore, Slash had said we would get more singles and nothing. How long will they tour without new material.  At this point I think we will get new album after Axl dies and then like Prince we will get a flood of music.  GNR is a touring band, its a shame to waste time. Just my 2cents beer

Rizzo160
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #9162 on: July 30, 2022, 11:19:09 PM »

Its not funny anymore, Slash had said we would get more singles and nothing. How long will they tour without new material.  At this point I think we will get new album after Axl dies and then like Prince we will get a flood of music.  GNR is a touring band, its a shame to waste time. Just my 2cents beer

My guess is they probably decided to drop more singles, when they start back up in September.  Getting closer to the holidays maybe they will release an album then?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9163 on: August 01, 2022, 01:52:49 AM »

My guess is they probably decided to drop more singles, when they start back up in September.  Getting closer to the holidays maybe they will release an album then?

Yeah, that idea had crossed my mind too. Trying my best not to let the idea turn into a glimmer of hope  hihi

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9164 on: August 01, 2022, 01:32:32 PM »

Its not funny anymore, Slash had said we would get more singles and nothing. How long will they tour without new material.  At this point I think we will get new album after Axl dies and then like Prince we will get a flood of music.  GNR is a touring band, its a shame to waste time. Just my 2cents beer

My guess is they probably decided to drop more singles, when they start back up in September.  Getting closer to the holidays maybe they will release an album then?

Yeah, that idea had crossed my mind too. Trying my best not to let the idea turn into a glimmer of hope  hihi

Yeah, kill that glimmer.  Been hanging out since 1999 and only once.  More likely it will be a UYI box set for Christmas.

Keep the glimmer it will happen one day.   Cheesy  I'm still holding out for a double album.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 01:34:52 PM by cineater » Logged

kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #9165 on: August 01, 2022, 06:35:04 PM »

When will we get a new single, nobody knows. An album seems like a pipe dream.  I wish they would be honest and just say they are a touring band, nothing more or less. We can argue this issue or just accept the fact that GNR is a touring band. At least we get to see them touring, don't hold your breath for a mew release it’s been 14 years of silence. beer

I think the problem is 1) people think because someone gave you something in the past, they need to keep giving it to you unless they are dead and 2) creativity is a faucet, you just turn it on and the good stuff keeps coming. It’s not. Sometimes the well is dry, sometimes you think all the water tastes bad, even if other people tell you it doesn’t, and until you’re happy with it, it’s hard to be comfortable to share. Combine that with the fact that once you do release something, it’s going to be overly scrutinized because of your legacy.  Makes it hard to really want to produce much.

Once, as a fan you come to terms with those things, you learn to just pop in, see what’s up, be happy or excited if there’s something new, but stop having these hard set rules and demands on another persons creativity.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9166 on: August 02, 2022, 04:06:46 AM »

Good points.

There's some people who haven't liked anything they've released since 1991 or so, and yet keep demanding new material. I don't know, maybe I'm the only one thinking that any new GN'R material will not exactly sound like AFD or UYI at this point....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #9167 on: August 02, 2022, 08:22:46 AM »

The motivation for a band (particularly one in that's well established) to put out a full album  isn't all that high so I don't think we'll see one for the foreseeable future, particularly if the last several years of this band tells us anything.  I used to " watch the clock" for new GnR music, but you can only do that for so many decades.  A few songs here and there like what they did with the Hard Skool EP works,  gives the setlist more life when they play them live.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9168 on: August 02, 2022, 08:38:25 AM »

Yeah.

And once again, the ones loudest ones demanding new music, if they go to the shows, they point out how they didn't like when the band played the two latest singles.

This is usually the case when something new/different/unfamiliar is presented. Most acts who play shows, when they play something new, it's usually met with a different kind of response compared to the familiar material.

Saw the Rolling Stones play an amazing show a few days ago. They have plenty of old familiar songs to choose from and they played Living in a Ghost Town in the set.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 08:40:04 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9169 on: August 02, 2022, 12:48:19 PM »

I thought Madagascar and Street of Dreams were well received.  It was the band line up that over shadowed their releases.

It's just an ugly compliment when people keep demanding music from you and dissing what you put out.  They are still interested.  Many bands are on independent labels still putting things out with very little interest.  This band was Built to Last.

Don't waste the breath to save your face
When you have done your best
And even more is asked of you
Let fate decide the rest.

hihi  All the answers are in the music.  It's the days in between when we figure it out.

Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #9170 on: August 02, 2022, 02:23:15 PM »

When will we get a new single, nobody knows. An album seems like a pipe dream.  I wish they would be honest and just say they are a touring band, nothing more or less. We can argue this issue or just accept the fact that GNR is a touring band. At least we get to see them touring, don't hold your breath for a mew release it’s been 14 years of silence. beer

I think the problem is 1) people think because someone gave you something in the past, they need to keep giving it to you unless they are dead and 2) creativity is a faucet, you just turn it on and the good stuff keeps coming. It’s not. Sometimes the well is dry, sometimes you think all the water tastes bad, even if other people tell you it doesn’t, and until you’re happy with it, it’s hard to be comfortable to share. Combine that with the fact that once you do release something, it’s going to be overly scrutinized because of your legacy.  Makes it hard to really want to produce much.

Once, as a fan you come to terms with those things, you learn to just pop in, see what’s up, be happy or excited if there’s something new, but stop having these hard set rules and demands on another persons creativity.

This might be the most rational thing I've ever read on a GNR message board!
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #9171 on: August 02, 2022, 02:33:16 PM »

Then they should stop talking about releasing new music. Stop dangling the carrot and do what they do best, tour. beer

Rizzo160
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #9172 on: August 02, 2022, 03:49:15 PM »

I think the problem is 1) people think because someone gave you something in the past, they need to keep giving it to you unless they are dead and 2) creativity is a faucet, you just turn it on and the good stuff keeps coming. It’s not. Sometimes the well is dry, sometimes you think all the water tastes bad, even if other people tell you it doesn’t, and until you’re happy with it, it’s hard to be comfortable to share. Combine that with the fact that once you do release something, it’s going to be overly scrutinized because of your legacy.  Makes it hard to really want to produce much.

Also...elephant in the room time.  

They are one of the most successful touring operations of the past 6 years.  Check their receipts.  They are the envy of all but a literal handful of acts.

So, let's make you them.  You are filling legit stadiums the world over.  This, despite your last original recording by any incarnation of the band people actually know was in 1991.

What's your real motivation to get in that studio and burn the midnight oil?

Our fearless leader is certainly never going into the Ambition Hall Of Fame.  But it's hard to question his business savvy from 4/1/2016 onwards.

If there is a bummer here, it's Slash.  That was going to be a battle of wills, vis a vis, ambition.  It does appear Axl won that one by first round knockout.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9173 on: August 02, 2022, 05:57:01 PM »

I think the problem is 1) people think because someone gave you something in the past, they need to keep giving it to you unless they are dead and 2) creativity is a faucet, you just turn it on and the good stuff keeps coming. It’s not. Sometimes the well is dry, sometimes you think all the water tastes bad, even if other people tell you it doesn’t, and until you’re happy with it, it’s hard to be comfortable to share. Combine that with the fact that once you do release something, it’s going to be overly scrutinized because of your legacy.  Makes it hard to really want to produce much.

They are one of the most successful touring operations of the past 6 years.  Check their receipts.  They are the envy of all but a literal handful of acts.

So, let's make you them.  You are filling legit stadiums the world over.  This, despite your last original recording by any incarnation of the band people actually know was in 1991.

Our fearless leader is certainly never going into the Ambition Hall Of Fame.  But it's hard to question his business savvy from 4/1/2016 onwards.

If there is a bummer here, it's Slash.  That was going to be a battle of wills, vis a vis, ambition.  It does appear Axl won that one by first round knockout.

Hey, Slash doesn't look like a whipped pup.  What makes you think it was a battle of wills?  The last move was Axl asking for his phone number.  Could be they are both on the same page and actively involved.  Axl riding shotgun is an assumption.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9174 on: August 03, 2022, 04:50:02 PM »

Any news about the june singles?  hihi

It doesn't make any sense to have Duff & Slash back in the band and not having a new album, but even in the way they reunited I felt I was not invited to the party...so I'll still wait a little bit, hoping something tangible to put an end to this part of my life since 1989

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #9175 on: August 03, 2022, 05:35:17 PM »

Slash having his solo career with Miles gives him the outlet to put out new stuff if it doesn't happen with GnR.  And with GnR he gets to play the iconic songs live that put him on the map and gets to tinker around the edges with them to keep them fresh and put his own spin on the CD songs.  I think hes got the best of both worlds with the situation he is in. 

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9176 on: August 04, 2022, 08:03:19 AM »

Aaaand you forgot the money...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #9177 on: August 04, 2022, 09:10:44 AM »

I was thinking in the mindset of artistic reasons but yeah, I did forget about the money  hihi

No doubt that helped

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9178 on: August 07, 2022, 06:58:48 AM »

I’ve ordered the SHM HardSkool EP from Universal Japan. I believe it’s released on 17 August. Can’t wait!  peace

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9179 on: August 07, 2022, 10:23:24 AM »

Just sitting in my back yard, couple of Stellas. Been a while since I’ve listened to Chinese Democracy from start to finish. Absolutely stellar album. My favourite record of all time  beer

Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: