Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:33:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1563986 times)
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9620 on: March 12, 2023, 07:10:25 PM »

The point to me is simple: if u are a creative guy, u make new things for the sake of it. If u keep touring with the same old stuff only I don't think you can call yourself an artist anymore. Call yourself performing entrepeneur. At the end of the day, there are tribute bands that probably play better than you so the point is to prove that u can make something fresh, new and good. Obviously  you have to balance things in your shows, but don't take the nostalgia thing as an excuse to milk money.

Your logic is flawed.

You can be very creative and tour. What you equal creativity with is releasing the created material.

Hell, you yourself might write 20 songs per day and we wouldn't have any idea!

/jarmo

Why create something that’s not going to be enjoyed by others? I get that an artist might want to write music, lyrics or paint a canvas, if only for an outpouring of expression. But surely most artists will want to reveal to others what they have created? It’s a good job GnR didn’t have their current release ethic in the late 80’s and early 90’s: we’d have no music to enjoy from the band at all!  Wink

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #9621 on: March 13, 2023, 12:49:48 AM »

Why create something that’s not going to be enjoyed by others? I get that an artist might want to write music, lyrics or paint a canvas, if only for an outpouring of expression. But surely most artists will want to reveal to others what they have created? It’s a good job GnR didn’t have their current release ethic in the late 80’s and early 90’s: we’d have no music to enjoy from the band at all!  Wink

Success is in making the thing, the act.

Once it's in the public, whatever happens then is another thing.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9622 on: March 13, 2023, 05:45:42 AM »

Never said they don't want to. I said there's a difference between being creative (creating) and releasing.

Do you honestly think every riff, every piece of lyrics were released?

Once again, it all comes down to the old, "if you don't know about it, can it exist" thing. I've seen comments from people saying things like "I can't believe they did nothing during the lockdown". Then GN'R released Absurd and Hard Skool. So they did, they just didn't announce it to the world.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 09:36:47 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #9623 on: March 13, 2023, 07:28:39 AM »

The point to me is simple: if u are a creative guy, u make new things for the sake of it. If u keep touring with the same old stuff only I don't think you can call yourself an artist anymore. Call yourself performing entrepeneur. At the end of the day, there are tribute bands that probably play better than you so the point is to prove that u can make something fresh, new and good. Obviously  you have to balance things in your shows, but don't take the nostalgia thing as an excuse to milk money.

Your logic is flawed.

You can be very creative and tour. What you equal creativity with is releasing the created material.

Hell, you yourself might write 20 songs per day and we wouldn't have any idea!

/jarmo

I don't think it works that way. I read somewhere Ed Sheeran scrapped all his songs, and wrote new one to reflect the fact his wife was having medical issues and he was feeling darker, and the songs he'd already written didn’t reflect his mood. I think songs are, in the moment, things sometimes. Or, you could look at albums like Pinkerton by Weezer, which the band hated for decades, same with Pablo Honey by Radiohead. It might just be that Axl has moved on from Chinese Democracy and doesn't want to be associated with some of the unreleased songs. It's the same with Abba's recent album, they recorded two other songs for Voyage but they will forever remain unreleased. It's just one of those things
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9624 on: March 13, 2023, 09:07:26 AM »

"Presume not that I am the thing I was."

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9625 on: March 13, 2023, 11:31:36 AM »

So they did, they just didn't announce it to the world.

/jarmo

yeah, there's another problem right here...promotion....or lack of...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9626 on: March 13, 2023, 02:55:49 PM »

So they did, they just didn't announce it to the world.

/jarmo

yeah, there's another problem right here...promotion....or lack of...

I was talking about them announcing to the world what they were doing during the lockdown.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #9627 on: March 13, 2023, 08:15:45 PM »

Never said they don't want to. I said there's a difference between being creative (creating) and releasing.

Once again, it all comes down to the old, "if you don't know about it, can it exist" thing. http://[u][b][flash=200,200]I've seen comments from people saying things like "I can't believe they did nothing during the lockdown". Then GN'R released Absurd and Hard Skool. So they did, they just didn't announce it to the world.[/u][/flash][/b]

/jarmo

Slash and Duff reworked that songs, they as a band didn't work together during Lockdown

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9628 on: March 14, 2023, 04:39:22 AM »

Slash and Duff reworked that songs, they as a band didn't work together during Lockdown

And you know this how?

What you're assuming is that the two of them just recorded their parts, delivered them to Axl and that was it.

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9629 on: March 14, 2023, 07:03:38 PM »

You know, I hadn't even thought about it, but were the drums and other parts re-recorded? The original drums would have been recorded by Brain, right?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9630 on: March 15, 2023, 09:07:44 AM »

You know, I hadn't even thought about it, but were the drums and other parts re-recorded? The original drums would have been recorded by Brain, right?

Or Josh Freese.
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9631 on: March 15, 2023, 12:02:28 PM »

I think it's Brain, and I'm not sure Frank re-recorded anything.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #9632 on: March 15, 2023, 12:14:46 PM »

Freese recorded the originals for most of CD….Brain redid his parts on close to 30 songs…Brain had some funny interviews about it.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9633 on: March 15, 2023, 01:15:01 PM »

oh ok, I thought Silkworms was written back in 2001 (Brain joined in 2000).
I never heard a version with Josh on drums.

DeN
Legend

« Reply #9634 on: March 16, 2023, 12:39:38 PM »

Duff leaked on Instagram what appears to be a snippet of a new GNR track with Axl singing, it sounds kinda reggae-ish  ok

GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #9635 on: March 16, 2023, 12:44:26 PM »

Goodbye.....I'll never be (Huh)
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9636 on: March 16, 2023, 06:51:47 PM »

yeah not sure what the lyrics are, it's very short

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9637 on: March 16, 2023, 09:14:03 PM »

Duff leaked on Instagram what appears to be a snippet of a new GNR track with Axl singing, it sounds kinda reggae-ish  ok

Link? I don't see anything.

Edit: Found it. I took the audio and cut out Duff talking and boosted the volume. Sure sounds like Axl, and a female voice behind that. Possibly Melissa? IDK about reggae but I get a folksy You Aint The First vibe from it.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 09:57:28 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #9638 on: March 16, 2023, 10:27:59 PM »

Once again, it all comes down to the old, "if you don't know about it, can it exist" thing. I've seen comments from people saying things like "I can't believe they did nothing during the lockdown". Then GN'R released Absurd and Hard Skool. So they did, they just didn't announce it to the world.

/jarmo

My god man ... they've released a single album in 30 years. That qualifies as nothing, or as close as you are going to come to nothing, despite your constant equivocating.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9639 on: March 17, 2023, 05:55:01 AM »

My god man ... they've released a single album in 30 years. That qualifies as nothing, or as close as you are going to come to nothing, despite your constant equivocating.

That might qualify as minus nothing. Doesn't matter. Number of released songs does not equal how creative someone is.

Have you ever in your life come across an artist mention how they wrote songs, and then decided to scrap them to write others and release those instead? Or how they wrote more songs than what they released on an album? And yet you judge someone's creativity only based on the number of songs released. Sure, you can say that's the only thing we know they created. In the case of this band, we know that's not the case.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: