Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:46:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549287 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9680 on: March 23, 2023, 05:41:12 AM »

Are you sure the record company would've agreed?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9681 on: March 23, 2023, 07:04:39 AM »

Are you sure the record company would've agreed?

/jarmo

Nooo, never inject the conversation on the record company.   hihi  Since it's baseball season coming up, lets just say CD struck out and finally given a walk.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9682 on: March 23, 2023, 08:12:53 AM »

It's also easier to comment on things after.  hihi

No one could tell what the future would be like!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9683 on: March 23, 2023, 03:10:51 PM »

We did talk about it at the time.  A double album is always open for discussion.

Not that I want to talk about the label but why did they stayed with them all these years?  I don't think GNR wants to but the label has them locked in.  I bet they have worked more on the file ready to release music the moment Axl dies then anything new.  Should be incentive for Axl to live a long life, it pisses off the label.   hihi

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9684 on: March 23, 2023, 05:26:53 PM »

Stayed? I don't know if they did.

My Use Your Illusion vinyl says (c) 2022 GN'R Recordings and it's licensed to Universal Music Group.

Hard Skool and Absurd were copyrighted to Guns N' Roses and licensed to the record company.

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9685 on: March 23, 2023, 05:29:16 PM »

Stayed? I don't know if they did.

My Use Your Illusion vinyl says (c) 2022 GN'R Recordings and it's licensed to Universal Music Group.

Hard Skool and Absurd were copyrighted to Guns N' Roses and licensed to the record company.

/jarmo

Is there a difference though between the band being able to release ad-hoc songs in this fashion and releasing and a full length album?

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9686 on: March 23, 2023, 06:47:41 PM »

I'm no entertainment lawyer, but it seems like the difference is that the record company used to own the music, now it seems like they are allowed to release it and GN'R owns it.

Someone who knows more about that can correct me if my assumption is way off.  Smiley

/jarmo

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #9687 on: March 23, 2023, 07:42:54 PM »

I'm no entertainment lawyer, but it seems like the difference is that the record company used to own the music, now it seems like they are allowed to release it and GN'R owns it.

Someone who knows more about that can correct me if my assumption is way off.  Smiley

/jarmo

Would that mean GnR get the royalties?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9688 on: March 24, 2023, 05:59:09 AM »

I assume song writers always get royalties of some sort. Maybe since they seem to own the copyright and recording, there's other kinds of royalties involved as well.

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #9689 on: March 24, 2023, 12:16:35 PM »

Someone who knows more about that can correct me if my assumption is way off.  Smiley

/jarmo

I don't know either and there was something with Merck's company I think on publishing rights maybe just for Axl's part?  But why are they still associated with Universal?  I don't think that company gives a rat's ass about anything other then the original stuff and hasn't in a very long time.  I didn't buy any of the singles but I assume they all came out through Universal.  I assume anything they do with GNR is just to drag out their ability to sell the original material and not help them, stall it in fact, to put out anything new.

I'm not ragging on the company for this approach.  The new stuff is not at the same level as the original stuff and it's a different market.  Slash and Duff are back, the door may have opened a crack but it's a different world then what it was and this is a major label.

All just my opinion.  I don't know shit.  I got stopped in my tracks by Fall Out Boy last night and I did not see that coming or would have thought they could.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9690 on: March 25, 2023, 06:01:45 AM »

Why are they licensing music for Universal to distribute? Maybe it was the best option.

/jarmo

Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #9691 on: April 11, 2023, 04:03:49 AM »

/jarmo

Lawyer here. By all means it looks as GNR now owns their music and are licensing third parties (Universal) to release it.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9692 on: April 11, 2023, 05:40:25 AM »

Thanks.

Which I assume is what any artist wants. To own their own music.

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #9693 on: April 11, 2023, 09:05:52 AM »

Thanks.

Which I assume is what any artist wants. To own their own music.

/jarmo

John Fogerty just got the rights back to CCR music.  Hopefully that little war is over and that music is freed.  That band could have gone where the Dead didn't want to go.

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9694 on: April 11, 2023, 03:55:34 PM »

/jarmo

Lawyer here. By all means it looks as GNR now owns their music and are licensing third parties (Universal) to release it.

Is there a naturally following assumption that GnR can accordingly look to release music whenever and however it wants? Ergo, record company considerations aside (didn’t some fans believe that the label was a roadblock potentially?), it’s now the band that is ‘holding things up?’

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #9695 on: April 11, 2023, 04:31:08 PM »

At the end of the day it’s AXL who is holding up new music. Let’s see if GNR releases new singles on the tour that they promised would come out. Or will it be the same 30 songs, you keep paying we will keep on playing. Its shut up or put up time. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9696 on: April 13, 2023, 05:19:01 AM »

Is there a naturally following assumption that GnR can accordingly look to release music whenever and however it wants? Ergo, record company considerations aside (didn’t some fans believe that the label was a roadblock potentially?), it’s now the band that is ‘holding things up?’

We can assume that they are free to release it how they want since they seem to own their music. That they aren't necessarily bound by contracts.

There could still be considerations that they would make. For example, if they want to release something, Universal could offer insights on whether or not it's possible etc.

/jarmo

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #9697 on: April 13, 2023, 07:02:28 AM »

I'm guessing that it's about how best to monetise any future release. Vinyl production costs have increased, and I think there are still delays post covid. So they could use releases for promotion, or to boost the fan club, or they could use them as part of a bigger package in the future. Uni will have a good idea on how best to use the material, I'm guessing they're making money similar to their 360 deals so they will know best about product placement
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9698 on: April 13, 2023, 12:26:33 PM »

Yes, takes months to go from a finished song to having it on a vinyl ready to ship.

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #9699 on: May 14, 2023, 10:37:17 AM »

Has anyone heard if new singles are coming out for this tour? And what do you think the new singles are? beer

Rizzo160
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: