Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:10:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Genuine question here....
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Genuine question here....  (Read 12649 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« on: May 21, 2012, 01:04:07 PM »

There's a news story doing the rounds today about this UK tour (and being openly discussed on other GNR forums) but all mention of it keeps being deleted from here.

I won't say what it is, but would genuinely like to know why stuff gets censored on here but not on other sites? I'd very much like to sensibly debate the story with genuine GNR fans, and this is the forum I like, so it seems a shame we can't chat about it......

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 01:05:23 PM »

its just the uk press trying to bad mouth axl.
If its being deleted there is a good reason. why not message the mods instead.

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 01:08:12 PM »

Looking at other things, it isn't just negative press stories. I'd like to know other people's takes on it,and seeing as most people I know couldn't care less about Guns N Roses, these forums seem the only place to do it!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 01:17:58 PM »

A genuine fan, for me, is someone who loves the new line up, respects the work of the past line ups, and deny a reunion.

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 01:27:57 PM »

Yep, exactly. I agree one hundred per cent with that. Just think it's a shame that there seems so much censorship on this board, and that certain things about the band we can't discuss! 

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 01:39:25 PM »

There's a news story doing the rounds today about this UK tour (and being openly discussed on other GNR forums) but all mention of it keeps being deleted from here.

I won't say what it is, but would genuinely like to know why stuff gets censored on here but not on other sites? I'd very much like to sensibly debate the story with genuine GNR fans, and this is the forum I like, so it seems a shame we can't chat about it......

Here's the way I feel:

It's jarmo's (and the mods) "house".  I respect their rules, their right to limit certain conversation or behavior, and their right to delete anything they see fit.   Because I'm essentially a guest in their "house"...and that's what they want.  If they were guest in my "house", I'd expect similar courtesy (or I'd show them the door).

If there's something I want to talk about, or read about, that's not allowed around here..there's plenty of other places I can go for that information. Alternately, I could open up my own "house" and invite everyone over.  The fact that, given the rules of the house, I typically hang out here, and not at those other spots pretty much says it all.  It's not that there's anything WRONG with those other spots...some of them are quite nice...but I prefer it here.

If jarmo's rues were so strict that I found the place to be uninviting (or inhospitable), I'd leave.  Simple as that.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:43:31 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 01:44:42 PM »

Good points. I don't actually post here that much, but always use it to read what's going on, whether it's good news or bad news. People (on the whole!) here seem fairly reasonable about stuff, and I hoped there was a debate about it going on.

Seems even more neccessary to debate it now Bumblefoot has made a statement too! Bit weird how any mention of it gets pulled from here......

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 01:56:29 PM »

I've been on several GNR Forums today including my main one linked below and haven't seen anything on the story you might be talking about.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 01:57:50 PM »

I read the negative review and its full of errors/lies and half truths,personal opinion and a somewhat exageration on many accounts.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 01:58:48 PM »

If you look at Bumblefoot's facebook page he's making a statement at the moment....

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 01:59:56 PM »

oh- it's not the negative review! I think we all just ignore those don't we?!

samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 02:10:53 PM »

bumblefoot: Bumblefoot shared a link.
49 minutes ago
Hey all, I have nothing to do with this - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/music-news/2012/05/21/rockers-guns-n-roses-request-20-models-to-fill-front-row-of-their-gig-at-glasgow-secc-86908-23867787/. Nor do I decide when the shows start - when you're waiting, so am I.

I was there!!

Reading 2010
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 02:25:53 PM »

Ok i get you, well the only thing i can suggest is that they have been invited by management so why would they allow a thread for them to be bitched about?

wadey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 02:27:35 PM »

yeah i figured that was the article in question  nervous

bands like to party, apart from the happily married ones of course  ok
just some blah blah blah if you ask me though  peace

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 02:27:50 PM »

A genuine fan, for me, is someone who loves the new line up, respects the work of the past line ups, and deny a reunion.

u sir are a god
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 02:33:56 PM »

just watched the nottingham video of the audience at the end.. i see what they mean now! there not that pretty tho  confused

I was there!!

Reading 2010
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 02:35:55 PM »

..according to Bumblefoot they have nothing to do with the band........

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 02:41:47 PM »

I do struggle to understand what the point of paying a load of (in my view, not too attractive) women, and by the looks of it thier male friends/boyfriends to stand in front of a band they freely admit to having never heard before!

If it has nothing to do with the band- why on earth are the promoters/organisers shelling out money? what does it acheive other than negative comments from people looking to make negative comments about the shows anyway? 

Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 02:44:03 PM »

I presume he's been badgered with questions and he is pointing out you are asking the wrong person.

Personally they look like they are obstructing the command and control of security watching the crowd.

wadey
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 02:55:02 PM »

Personally they look like they are obstructing the command and control of security watching the crowd.

yeah they do seem to be getting in the way of things, making a safe and secure area more like a disco dance floor  hihi

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 03:04:32 PM »

I'll be honest here, and say it leaves a pretty unpleasant taste in my mouth really. I don't like the idea of it all- we all know that GNR are a band that don't need to do things like this- the fact that the girls are even saying they don't like Guns N Roses just makes it seem even more awful.

I also don't like to watch a band I've paid good money to see whilst directly in front of me are a chattering bunch of very young girls waiting to pick up a cheque.

If it's not the band's doing, they need to seriously have a word with the prat who's spending on money on this.

Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 03:09:03 PM »

Bumble just left a comment on facebook:

*I* think the story is presented dishonestly and it's disrespectful to the families of bandmembers, and I'm bringing it up 1) because they deserve to be respected and defended, 2) a lot of fans feel that access is being granted to people that haven't earned it - by that I mean standing loyally by the band for years, buying a ticket, waiting on sore feet for hours and hours, cheering until they have no voice left, staying til the end and trying to find a way home after public transportation has been shut down... and doing it again the next time we're in town. I have nothing against 'the models', they were offered a fun night out and they deserve equal treatment from the band that any person at the show should get. But 'the band' did not request it, this kinda stuff comes from other people that are offering a good time by whatever means they have, and that's fine. I just feel the need to speak up on behalf our families & the fans, because they're respected & I don't want them feeling like they're not.

Found that at mygnr might clear a few issues up.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2012, 12:20:15 PM »

I don't understand the need to repeat and promote bullshit by discussing it in the name of "freedom of speech".

Why is it necessary to complain about things that you only hear about from the biased journalists?

"I'm upset about this made up shit and the band should set things straight". Really?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: