Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:56:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Leather coat with Axl air brushed on the back from 1992 MINT
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leather coat with Axl air brushed on the back from 1992 MINT  (Read 5206 times)
YoureFahkinCrazy
Opening Act

« on: June 15, 2012, 04:09:34 PM »

I have this coat I bought in 1992 from the alley in Chicago. Its only been worn 3-5 times. Its been in a closet with a cover on it since then. I forgot I even had it. What do you think its worth? I will put pictures up later since I'm at work now. I'm going to put it on Ebay but I thought I would join this forum 1st to see if a fan wanted  to buy it. It even has some old Guns pins on it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:28:48 PM by YoureFahkinCrazy » Logged
YoureFahkinCrazy
Opening Act

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 03:19:46 PM »

Here are the pics. Its a size 44

http://i46.tinypic.com/334ho5z.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/epqcxv.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/xcnk92.jpg
Jester
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »

Remarkably similar, and coincidental timing I guess,  but this one -

has also recently come up for sale..   Coincidence, I'd think not...    no 
YoureFahkinCrazy
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 12:06:12 PM »

Well it is a coincidence then bc I was given this coat for Christmas when I was in 8th grade in 1992. It was bought from the alley in Chicago and was not worn more than 5 times.  I had it put in a closet with a black garbage bag over it for all these years. I lived in Chicago then and have moved many times since then and it was forgot about. I live in Miami now and would never wear a leather coat here. I was looking in my closet and remembered I had it. I still have the tags that were on the coat in a pocket from way back then. I'm not trying to rip anyone off its legit from 1992 and from the alley in Chicago. I can upload the tags if you want to see them. I have no need for it anymore and would like to sell it. As my OP said I think it should go to a real fan or I will just put it on EBAY if no one wants it. Nice detective work Sherlock

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 12:33:42 PM by YoureFahkinCrazy » Logged
YoureFahkinCrazy
Opening Act

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 12:37:50 PM »

To back up my claim here is from the L.A. Roxx tumbler page.  http://laroxxhollywood.tumblr.com/page/2  Scroll down

L.A.ROXX was born in the early 90ʼs on Hollywood Blvd. We work closely with top stylists, designers and fashion icons creating an innovative collection of fashion forward styles.

We began by experimenting with stone washing, distressing, studding and airbrushing on leather. We took inspiration from London punk culture and mixed it with a Hollywood twist. Pop-culture icons such as Madonna, Guns n Roses, Motley Crew, Elton John, Prince and Poison looked to L.A.ROXX for statement leather jackets.
YoureFahkinCrazy
Opening Act

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 03:38:24 PM »

I found the thread on that other forum you listed. I will admit its a huge coincidence with how close the dates are of posting but that is not me nor do I have any affiliation with that guy. It seems he is in the Netherlands and I'm in Miami. You don't think that after the RnRHOF induction people are trying to sell a lot of old guns stuff at the same time? I know its hard to believe but coincidences do happen.

His coat looks like its from same era of mine, but is worn in. Mine is mint. The thread you are talking about I am not a member of that forum,  I have no Idea who Venice Airbrush is but that could be who LA Roxx had do the airbrushing in 1992. If that other coat is a LA ROXX its from 1992. I was taking offers and had no Ebay set up yet. Like I said I thought I would let some real fans have the 1st crack at the coat.

I bet that guy doesn't have the OG Tags that came with the coat in 1992. Here they are.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2qn4f9l.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/12375va.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/34fed7b.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2d9s7m1.jpg 
YoureFahkinCrazy
Opening Act

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 03:40:21 PM »

Hey Jester, you make an accusation on this forum and another (which I'm not a member of). Then when I show proof to back up my claims you're nowhere to be found. Don't be mad that you never seen real Guns, and take it out on someone else. It's ok little buddy you weren't old enough I get it. It's not your fault.

I'm not going to join the other forum to defend myself bc I really don't care that much. From the looks of that other guys post on a (total different forum). I bet that coat is from 1992. It's not that hard to imagine a coat 20 years old has made its way to the Netherlands by now and is for sale on their version of Ebay from the looks of that site he posted. For anyone else who wants to see the post I'm talking about just google LA ROXX AXL and its the 1st link that pops up.

But what I say is true about this coat and its a good opp for some fan who might really want it. I was 14 at the time this coat was bought for me. I'm 34 now. Don't go bashing things you have no clue about. Also I would keep your day job bc I don't think detective work is cut out for you.

YFC
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 03:42:32 PM »

Thanks to Jester for the heads up.  No chance this is legit
YoureFahkinCrazy
Opening Act

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 03:44:14 PM »

ok troll
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 04:05:19 PM »

Not sure why you are so desperate to prove to everyone that your jacket is real.  Judging by the responses to this thread (zero outside of me and Jester) nobody really cares about it. 

Put it on ebay already. 
YoureFahkinCrazy
Opening Act

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 04:13:15 PM »

I wouldn't say that providing proof to a claim is desperate. I just didn't want some kids claim to scare others away if they wanted it. Its been 8 days since I posted it and you're probably right its been out there enough time. Ebay it is.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 03:37:27 PM »

I think its a really cool jacket , "real" or not, though I suspect that it IS real. Its amazing whoever made it. If it was my size and affordable then i'd be interested for sure! too bad i its just a terrible time right now for me to buy something like this...shit. oh and don't worry about the lack of response YOurfefakincrazy, hardly anyone visits the "appetite for collection" threads anyways. i'd like to send you an offer, again, just a terrible time right now..if you want, pm me an offer...all the best.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 05:29:36 PM »

don't worry about the lack of response YOurfefakincrazy, hardly anyone visits the "appetite for collection" threads anyways.

you be suprised how many members visit this section.......they just dont post  yes

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
wadey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 05:30:44 AM »

I dont think your been desperate by providing proof, i actually think its cool that you have the tags to authenticate it. Dont worry about negative comments some guys dont even know what day of the week were on ! And as for the lack of interest then dont worry too much.... More than half of the stuff advertised on here ends up on ebay anyway so no big deal really. Some guys on here claim everything is fake or copy etc but thats normal

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
wadey
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 05:36:14 AM »

and anyway you provided your proof of authenticity so its up to the trolls to provide actual proof its fake or copy. And until they do then fuck em !!!

dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 12:14:14 AM »

Exactly Wadey  yes
YoureFahkinCrazy
Opening Act

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 04:39:48 PM »

Thanks Dont Damn Me and Wadey. I don't let the trolls bother me anyway. Like I said I thought it would be cool to sell it to a fan before putting it on ebay. If anyone would like it PM me your offer.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: