Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 03:35:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227832 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Favorite TV Series! (recommendations and discussions)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite TV Series! (recommendations and discussions)  (Read 70162 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2014, 11:31:31 AM »

Have seen Band of Brothers, The Newsroom and Luther since I last posted, so much good stuff on HBO Nordic.  Also watch "Regular Show" from time to time, it's not close to a regular show.  Grin

Watched an episode of 24 a couple of years ago, wasn't for me.

Hell on Wheels just started it's 4th season, gonna watch the first episode tonight.

journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #141 on: July 26, 2015, 03:16:07 AM »

My favourite show will always be Frasier though

Mine too.

The show 'Humans' is pretty awesome so far.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2015, 08:16:52 PM »

Season 2 of True Detective, stinks.

The Killing, is a great series.  Check it out on netflixs

I am looking forward to, Twin Peaks, coming back for a season
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #143 on: September 12, 2015, 07:49:23 AM »

We watched True Blood from start to finish, which I enjoyed. It's a silly show, but the characters keep it going, even when the storylines start to get bad later on.

Me other arf has also got me watching that Catfish TV show, which has been interesting. The last series wasn't great though, too much influence from MTV I think

Started watching Game of Thrones, not quite clicking with it yet, too much too early with that.

Watched most of The Strain season 1, seemed ok, but too icky. Not a gore fan
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #144 on: September 12, 2015, 11:00:34 AM »

My wife and I watched (suffered through) Under the Dome. 
It started out okay, but it wasn't long until it got sooo ridiculously bad, that it was actually funny.
Between the bad acting (with the exception of Big Jim Renne, who was actually quite good) the rest of the cast sucked ballz...and the writing was akin to some of the worst episodes of 1970-era Scooby Doo!

For those who never saw "Fringe" back in the day, that was a show that got better with age.  If ya like sci-fi, that was good stuff.

We just finished up season 2 of Halle Berry's Extant.  It's been okay...I like the concept much more than the execution of the show.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #145 on: September 12, 2015, 01:47:32 PM »

My wife and I watched (suffered through) Under the Dome. 
It started out okay, but it wasn't long until it got sooo ridiculously bad, that it was actually funny.
Between the bad acting (with the exception of Big Jim Renne, who was actually quite good) the rest of the cast sucked ballz...and the writing was akin to some of the worst episodes of 1970-era Scooby Doo!

For those who never saw "Fringe" back in the day, that was a show that got better with age.  If ya like sci-fi, that was good stuff.

We just finished up season 2 of Halle Berry's Extant.  It's been okay...I like the concept much more than the execution of the show.

I watch Extant too, and I would agree with concept is better than the show itself, but I have enjoyed it nonetheless
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #146 on: October 08, 2015, 05:05:36 AM »

I've started watching Grimm, on Season 2 now. It sort of has a fantasy edge too it, like Once Upon a Time, but I am enjoying it thus far. I have watched all the Once Upon a Times, because I am a fan of Robert Carlyle, and I like his whimsical character in it, but the whole Pan story spoiled it a little, and the new season still has alot to prove.

I've also been going through old seasons of the Fall Guy, on season 2 of that as well. Just a memory lane thing.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2015, 06:39:26 PM »

Supernatural Season 11 feels different to the other series. I am still enjoying it, it is just coming across as strange, like someone else is directing it. The budget feels like it's been cut as well. Not as many special effects

Almost up to speed on Grimm as well. Season 4 not quite as good as the previous 3.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #148 on: November 14, 2015, 01:05:25 AM »

My two minion love watching

Finding Bigfoot

hahaha

Its on the National Discovery channel here in Canada

Such a silly show, for me.

But they love it
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2015, 03:05:20 PM »

I think BoJack Horseman on Netflix is one of the best written and most tonally interesting shows to come along in a long time. It's hard to do cynical comedy that still has heart and emotion but by God do they pull it off.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2015, 03:21:26 PM »

Halt and Catch Fire seems promising: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfkD7Nxm8M8

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2015, 03:27:36 PM »

Who watches Homeland?

I didn't really like how they basically made this Allison character the MAIN character almost this season. Any thoughts?

it was still pretty entertaining... I;m sure Carrie will save the day on the finale.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2015, 01:27:19 PM »

My favourite show will always be Frasier though

I love both Cheers and Frasier.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2015, 06:59:49 PM »

Who watches Homeland?

I didn't really like how they basically made this Allison character the MAIN character almost this season. Any thoughts?

it was still pretty entertaining... I;m sure Carrie will save the day on the finale.
Agree.  I think this season was a nice rebound from last ... despite 'Allison' being a MAIN character.  Not sure why her character just doesn't work for me.  I tend to think that it's the actress' portrayal that doesn't work.  On paper, her story line and how they show her intertwined with the other characters, should work.  It doesn't, IMHO.

Note:  Don't know if the rest of the world gets to see the same episodes at the same time I do, so I don't want to go into any details.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #154 on: December 23, 2015, 03:06:11 PM »

I think its so lame the writers dont have the balls to go through with certsin things. Like the attack in berlin. That would be good tv and sth memorable. Instead they take the easy way out with carrie saving the day. How fucking lame.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2015, 03:33:07 PM »

Well she didn't save the day when the CIA building blew up or when they raided the US Embassy in Pakistan.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2015, 03:46:27 PM »

True. But sometimes i think they dont have the balls to go through with stuff. Going rough with he sarin Attack wouldve been hundred times more interesting and dramatic than the wishywashy shit we got (again).
Luckily the finale wasnt as horrible as last seasons finale

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #157 on: December 24, 2015, 01:10:50 PM »

The one thing I hate about Christmas is alot of the series going on a break  hihi
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #158 on: December 28, 2015, 06:46:55 PM »

I recommend watching Making a Murderer on Netflix.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #159 on: December 29, 2015, 12:40:58 AM »

Who watches Homeland?

I have watched every episode of this series

After thinking there was no real place for the story of Carrie to go, after the first couple of years....

It has reinvented itself into sorta a new age 24.

I like it
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: