Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:41:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Live in London 2012 movie
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Live in London 2012 movie  (Read 116075 times)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #280 on: November 06, 2012, 03:09:59 PM »

My problem has been resolved as well, the Manager of Showcase Birmingham phoned me again today and has finally decided to talk some sense. He is still standing by the point of not being able to do a refund over the phone, even though I booked via credit card on my iphone. I raised the point that a few other people have had this option but he proclaimed that he knew nothing about it.  hihi

Anyway, he said he had been on the phone to his senior manager today and came up with the solution of posting me a postal order to the amount of the 2 tickets I ordered + the booking fee. I'm happy with this solution as it solves the issue of traveling all that distance to a damn Showcase cinema.

I have to be honest, the guy came across as a genuinely sorry person, but he should be more in the loop in regards to Showcase as a whole in the UK. But regardless if anyone is having the same problems, the only thing I can say is you NEED to be strong mannered on the phone, and stand no crap (as Axl would say).  Grin

Best of luck to the rest...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #281 on: November 06, 2012, 03:31:59 PM »

To be fair to him, he's only doing what has been handed down to him from their head office. He doesn't have a responsibility to know what's going on beyond his own branch, as everything else is down to the people higher up to decide. Having said that other managers have obviously managed to talk head office into other solutions before now.
It's a shame that the deal with Showcase is probably already sealed, because if it weren't and the band saw how badly people had been treated by them, they might have decided to go with another chain... like Cineworld.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #282 on: November 06, 2012, 04:46:12 PM »

Showcase should have better customer services.

It makes the cancellation ten times worse if they are muddling around with the process of refunding people.
Alpachiris
Rocker

www.gnrla.com

« Reply #283 on: November 06, 2012, 05:14:12 PM »

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #284 on: November 06, 2012, 06:25:01 PM »

Showcase should have better customer services.

It makes the cancellation ten times worse if they are muddling around with the process of refunding people.

Its notnjust showcase to fault here, although i agree with you about their customer service. GNR management should have kept people more informed about this. They haven't said a word throughout. sorry if that makes uncomfortable reading.

Here today...ready to rock
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #285 on: November 06, 2012, 09:22:41 PM »

From Livebeats Twitter: nothing was cancelled, dates were announced, which had never been approved

You can't release things without proper approval!

It's common sense.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #286 on: November 06, 2012, 09:26:15 PM »

I think the problem is with GN'R choosing to go with a brand like Showcase, who are a small company compared to the likes of Odean or Cineworld. They haven't got the correct policies in place, for example an event like this very thing happening. For the manager to tell me that in all his time there (5 years) nothing like this has happened, tells me that they are not use to changes/cancellations or anything unexpected, happening to their listings.

Me and a few others on here have been lucky as we have either been refunded over the phone, or had another solution presented to them which means not needing to go to the actual cinema.

I just feel sorry for all those people who are going to be required to go to the actual cinema for a refund. And I'm also concerned about all those people who don't regularly check their emails, and are actually going to turn up Wed night, having no clue about the cancellation. Huh  Huh  Huh

Not good enough Showcase... rant
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:30:08 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #287 on: November 07, 2012, 03:55:29 AM »

I'm not sure that Cineworld or Odeon would have handled it any better. I mean, how often is a movie cancelled the week before it's supposed to screen? I've never heard of it in 28 years.
Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #288 on: November 07, 2012, 03:56:21 AM »

Showcase caused me a lot of time and stress over this and the people I spoke with didn't seem bothered at all by the trouble this had caused me.

I am not going to let this drop and am now looking to email head office.

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #289 on: November 07, 2012, 05:03:28 AM »

From Livebeats Twitter: nothing was cancelled, dates were announced, which had never been approved

It's common sense.

/jarmo

It's 2012, so you need 1 month (& 1 week before the 1st streaming) to announce that every single date WORLDWIDE is wrong? Maybe they could move a little faster  (as you said: common sense)

Anyway, say whatever you want, I bet the screening of this show will never see the light...you know...It's like deja vu
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:07:10 AM by ITARocker » Logged
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #290 on: November 07, 2012, 06:06:50 AM »

It's common sense.

/jarmo

Approval by Axl and/or the band's management?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 06:08:34 AM by Dok » Logged
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #291 on: November 07, 2012, 09:57:14 AM »

i got a email from finnkino.
Kiitos viestist?si!

Jos olet tehnyt oston teatterilla saat rahoista palautuksen teatterin kassalla esitt?m?ll? ostetun lipun.

Jos olet tehnyt oston verkossa l?het? meille k?ytt?j?tunnus ja tilinumero niin palautamme rahat tilille.

Syy peruuntumiselle on se, ett? Guns N? Rosesin management ja v?litt?j? ovat p??tyneet siirt?m??n konserttitaltioinnin esitt?mist? koko Euroopan alueella. Viel? ei tiedet? tuleeko Finnkinolle uutta esitysp?iv?m??r??.

Pahoittelemme tapahtunutta!

in english in a nutshell

the reason behind the cancelation is that gnr management and the distributor (livenation) have decided to change the airing date in all europe. we dont know yet if and when theres going to be a new date.

we asre sorry for the situation.

and yes i too have to travel 50 km to get my refound

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #292 on: November 07, 2012, 05:58:29 PM »

It reminds me of the Las Vegas 2001 DVD...it did exist and yet it never was released lol.

LiveBeats didn't stop saying "soon" since last June, so who knows...

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #293 on: November 07, 2012, 08:17:25 PM »

More than anything I was hoping this was going to lead to a new GN'R DVD on shelves in stores. It's about time people had a new official product on the shelves featuring the new band, rather than the Tokyo DVD release.

Would of been perfect, the 2012 UK and European shows were amazing with the band on fire. To have this DVD released officially would of been a big step forward in developing this new bands identity, but once again it appears a roadblock has been put in the way.

Undecided

Sometimes I wish things were more simple in the world of GN'R... hihi
suicide
VIP

« Reply #294 on: November 08, 2012, 03:23:59 AM »

It reminds me of the Las Vegas 2001 DVD...it did exist and yet it never was released lol.
Or the "Better" video, the 2001 tour, ...
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #295 on: November 08, 2012, 04:10:23 AM »

More than anything I was hoping this was going to lead to a new GN'R DVD on shelves in stores. It's about time people had a new official product on the shelves featuring the new band, rather than the Tokyo DVD release.

Would of been perfect, the 2012 UK and European shows were amazing with the band on fire. To have this DVD released officially would of been a big step forward in developing this new bands identity, but once again it appears a roadblock has been put in the way.

Undecided

I know this has been suggested before. But if GNR would want to release a DVD with songs from AFD and UYI, wouldn't Duff and Slash need to sign off on it? At least for the US marked?

Wasn't there a similar case with Slash's live DVD where it was only released in the UK/Europe or whatever....?

A band or artist can perform whatever song they like. No approval needed. But recording and physically selling a product with that recording is prolly a whole other beast to deal with.

I mean, owning the brandname doesn't give Axl absolute power to release what he sees fit from the back catalogue.

Maybe there are people here with more knowledge on the legal/business side of this "mess"?  =)

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #296 on: November 08, 2012, 04:22:45 AM »

Slash has released GNR covers via itunes though, so I can't see that being the case.
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #297 on: November 08, 2012, 04:56:47 AM »

Slash has released GNR covers via itunes though, so I can't see that being the case.

You mean the re-recorded Paradise City with Fergie/Cypress Hill? Maybe there are certain legal rules that apply to a digitally distributed version of a re-recorded song?   Smiley

I guess my overall argument is, that dealing with this kind of stuff is a complicated proffesion in it's own.

We fans may look at a situation and go: "Why don't they just do this and that or the other?!!". But it the real world, there are a myriads of obstacles that needs to be passed before something hits the streets and our sweaty little hands.

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #298 on: November 08, 2012, 05:27:52 AM »

another last minute cancelling 2012, HOF D?j?-vu !!
come on, approval or not....they've had 4-5 weeks(!!) to at least give a statement about the "worldwide" cinema no-release, fans suffer again  Sad

Re-Union time, baby!!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #299 on: November 08, 2012, 11:24:14 AM »

Undecided

I know this has been suggested before. But if GNR would want to release a DVD with songs from AFD and UYI, wouldn't Duff and Slash need to sign off on it? At least for the US marked?

Wasn't there a similar case with Slash's live DVD where it was only released in the UK/Europe or whatever....?

A band or artist can perform whatever song they like. No approval needed. But recording and physically selling a product with that recording is prolly a whole other beast to deal with.

I mean, owning the brandname doesn't give Axl absolute power to release what he sees fit from the back catalogue.

Maybe there are people here with more knowledge on the legal/business side of this "mess"?  =)

To be fair I never thought about this, you could well be right. I haven't a clue about the legalities of an issue like this, but I could definitely see where this could be a barrier against a live DVD release.  Undecided
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: