Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:58:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  New Star Wars films on the way!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Star Wars films on the way!  (Read 22683 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 10:46:53 PM »

Episodes 1-3 were absolutely horrible. As much as I'd like to see what could happen after Return of the Jedi, I don't have a lot of faith in Disney at all to make real good Stars Wars films. I guess we'll see though.

No way man!  Okay, 1 and 2 were definitely less than stellar, but still watchable.  3 was fucking awesome though.  I will be in the theater for 7 8 and 9 wthout a doubt.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 10:50:00 PM »

Episodes 1-3 were absolutely horrible. As much as I'd like to see what could happen after Return of the Jedi, I don't have a lot of faith in Disney at all to make real good Stars Wars films. I guess we'll see though.

No way man!  Okay, 1 and 2 were definitely less than stellar, but still watchable.  3 was fucking awesome though.  I will be in the theater for 7 8 and 9 wthout a doubt.

Episode III is pretty badass; plus I think you guys are forgetting how dope Darth Maul was smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 08:15:03 AM »

The absurd part of Episodes 1-3 is that the technology of that era seemed more advanced than in Episodes 4-6. How can an era be more technology advanced in the past than in the present? Doesn't make sense and just one of many reasons why I thought they sucked.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 10:25:04 AM »

The absurd part of Episodes 1-3 is that the technology of that era seemed more advanced than in Episodes 4-6. How can an era be more technology advanced in the past than in the present? Doesn't make sense and just one of many reasons why I thought they sucked.

Also the CGI characters felt completely fake, like you were watching a cartoon.  I'm just glad Lucas didn't have the special effects available when he made the first trilogy...

Not to mention wooden acting, horrible dialogue, midichlorians, poorly executed story.

Still, I can live with pretending that these movies don't exist - the thing about Lucas that REALLY pisses me off are the constant changes to the originals.  I would have bought the original trilogy on blu-ray if he didn't make Vader scream "Noooo" at the end of Jedi.  Like, we got it.  We understood what he was thinking - you didn't need to spell it out for us and completely ruin the climax you've been building to for SIX! movies.....
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2012, 01:41:54 PM »

Also the CGI characters felt completely fake, like you were watching a cartoon.  I'm just glad Lucas didn't have the special effects available when he made the first trilogy...

Not to mention wooden acting, horrible dialogue, midichlorians, poorly executed story.

Still, I can live with pretending that these movies don't exist - the thing about Lucas that REALLY pisses me off are the constant changes to the originals.  I would have bought the original trilogy on blu-ray if he didn't make Vader scream "Noooo" at the end of Jedi.  Like, we got it.  We understood what he was thinking - you didn't need to spell it out for us and completely ruin the climax you've been building to for SIX! movies.....

Exactly! Well said.  ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 01:42:26 PM »

Some like the prequel, some hate prequels.

I liked the idea of them. The overall arching story was good to me. The idea a kid destined to bring balance to the force grows up to be a whiny, arrogant person who can't save the one person he loved all his life and gets manipulated by another person and betrays his friend, well brother really, his wife, his unborn children and all those who put their faith in him for a misguided effort at power to be able to save people he cares about.

Just poor execution. But I still find enjoyment in them. The effects were good, really good for the time they were released. The action sequences, while lacking real emotional context, were still wonderfully choreographed. The best light saber duel, beside Anakin/Obi on a pure action standpoint is the Darth Maul duel from the worst of the prequels.

With regards to the technology being out of date, I agree on some level. However, I can look past it and just go with the tech being out of date for the rebel alliance because of lack of funds and having too use old equipment.

Now I really don't want this thread turning into a bash star wars prequels, or debate them thread. Lets look to the future and the new movies. Frank Marshal, Kathleen Kennedy's husband, says the director slot is down to a few names and they should be announcing it soon. If you guys could have any director take the helm, who would you want to see?

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2012, 01:40:54 PM »

Well, the news keeps getting better and better. In my mind anyway. According to the Hollywood Reporter and multiple other sources confirming the story, Lawrence Kasden, writer of Empire, Jedi and Raiders of The Lost Ark, has been hired to produce all three films as well as write episodes 8 and/or 9. Simon Kinberg writer of Sherlock Holmes and X-Men First Class has been hired to write episodes 8 and/or 9. The division of responsibility has yet to be determined.

Exciting stuff, it appears there will be an emphasis on story with the three screen writers apparently hired without a Director signed on.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 06:23:57 PM »

Well the new stars wars film has its producer(Kathleen Kennedy), its writer (Michael Arndt) and according to the wrap, which is a reputable source, it has its Director... J.J. Abrams. Pretty exciting stuff for this star wars fan. Grin

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/jj-abrams-set-direct-next-star-wars-film-exclusive-74596

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 11:05:24 AM »

lens flare!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 08:04:57 PM »

JJ Abrams did Fringe, which I loved.  I am optimistic about 7-8-9...can't wait!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013, 12:26:58 PM »

The Star Wars franchise is in good hands all around. I think Abrams doing Trek and Star Wars is kind of amusing, and Arndt is a good writer (a little twisted if you saw Little Miss Sunshine). They have people who are passionate about Star Wars doing it and want to craft a solid story.

Lucas said he wanted everything protected, and felt the most comfortable with Disney. As he said, they get the buildings, he keeps the property, and there's probably more to the deal than they've discussed. 

I want to see Leia and Solo bickering as an old couple, and how they're going to bring new characters in. They're probably going to decide whether or not she has Jedi powers, something that never really came up.

I think Lucas not being involved is a good thing, to tell you the truth.

Kathleen's not that young (59), so I'm sure she has an idea when all three will be out, and start developing other Star Wars-related projects.
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 12:15:39 PM »

I don't know what to think about this latest news...

Disney confirms production on 'Star Wars' spinoffs  http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/02/05/star-wars-spinoffs-disney/

Walt Disney CEO and owner-of-your-childhood Bob Iger talked to CNBC today and revealed some intriguing, albeit semi-abstract, news about the company?s plans for the Star Wars franchise. ?We are working on a few standalone films,? Iger said, explaining that the company is planning to produce an indeterminate number of spin-off films to run alongside Episodes VII, VIII, and IX. ?[Lawrence] Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are both working on films derived from great Star Wars characters,? continued Iger. He also clarified that Kasdan and Kinberg are both working with director J.J. Abrams on Star Wars: Episode VII, which is being written by Toy Story 3?s Michael Arndt.

According to Iger?s roadmap for the franchise, the sequel trilogy will run for six years starting in 2015, with a new movie hitting theaters every three years. The spin-offs would be released in between ? a rough approximation of the Disney-Marvel Avengers mega-franchise.

Since he declined to name which characters could be getting the spin-off treatment, this news allows us to indulge in a flagrant bit of rumormongering. Kasdan co-wrote Empire Strikes Back, which introduced fan-favorite character Boba Fett, so perhaps he?s working on a bounty hunter movie. Kinberg wrote various X-Men movies, so perhaps he?s writing about a team, like say? a Rogue Squadron spin-off. Both of those theories are probably false, but we encourage you to spread them around the Internet, just in case.

On the one hand its pretty cool that they are going do some stand alone star wars flicks, but on the other hand it could really disappoint. Maybe that Joe Johnson Boba Fett movie he wanted to do will finally happen, which would be cool. What I don't want is tie in movies like avengers. I want the story of the new trilogy to stay with that, not be branched out over all these other movies their making in a way to tie stuff together. I'm also worried about quality of those films as well as over saturation of a star wars film franchise. I would also prefer the entire team sticks with making this trilogy as a good as possible and hold off on doing spin-offs or stand alone films until it has been finished.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 09:36:58 PM »

I so agree with this.  Not to mention the lit sabre fights in the prequels are so much more acrobatic.   I hope they don't overdue it in the new sequels.  They are bringing in the guy who wrote Empire so it might be good.   
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2013, 01:57:54 PM »

So i guess ill share some more news about the new star wars..

Latino-review.com is reporting Harrison Ford has agreed to reprise his role of Han Solo in the new star wars. While its still a rumor, they say they have confirmed it with sources and while not infallible, they have a pretty good track record at breaking stuff.

If its true i think that is pretty fuckin awesome. Sure he's 70, but i'll still enjoy seeing Han at least once more.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 02:00:29 PM by Sober_times » Logged

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2013, 04:14:48 AM »

They're prob. getting Harrison, Mark and Carrie (prob. ties into her weight loss), but how much of the film they'll actually be in, no one's going to know until it's out, and just because a Jedi is dead doesn't mean they can't come back.

It seems like it's a really good team, and to be honest, Lucas out of the way is the best thing to happen. I think this is more "labor of love" being made by people who love Star Wars, and not just looking to break box office records.

Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2013, 05:12:11 PM »

They're prob. getting Harrison, Mark and Carrie (prob. ties into her weight loss), but how much of the film they'll actually be in, no one's going to know until it's out, and just because a Jedi is dead doesn't mean they can't come back.

It seems like it's a really good team, and to be honest, Lucas out of the way is the best thing to happen. I think this is more "labor of love" being made by people who love Star Wars, and not just looking to break box office records.

Well..i guess got some bad news for you. Lucas said today that he was involved in creating the story outline and treatment with Arndt(confrimed Ep. VII Screenwriter) and Lawrence Kasden(is consulting on new trilogy and was writer for Empire and Jedi) for a year prior to the Disney sale. It was pretty much locked up. He is still consulting on the trilogy. Which I think is a good thing and I am glad he is still involved. I am also extremely glad that he isn't writing or directing these next three movies but he needs to be involved.

There is some good news; he also said today that they had already negotiated with Hamil, Fischer and Ford pryor to the disney sale so their in people. Smart business decision by him. Looks likes Lucas wanted everything in line when he stepped down. I think thats great news. Now they better be bringing back Lando!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 05:13:47 PM by Sober_times » Logged

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2014, 07:16:22 AM »

http://news.sky.com/story/1251760/star-wars-original-cast-back-for-episode-vii

The original Star Wars cast has officially signed on to reprise their roles in director JJ Abrams' latest instalment of the iconic film franchise - putting an end to months of speculation.

Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill are among those joining a team of fresh faces for the forthcoming Star Wars: Episode VII....

...Actors Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker are also making repeat performances as C-3PO, Chewbacca and R2-D2, respectively.

Academy Award-winning composer John Williams, who created the original trilogy's themes, is also back.

The Star Wars veterans will be joined by new cast members John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleeson and Max von Sydow.

Andy Serkis, Gollum from the Lord of the Rings saga, is also in the cast.

Their roles have not been confirmed, nor has whether any of the cast members pictured came from last year's open auditions in the UK and Ireland.

However, Boyega and Ridley are both British, and Gleeson is Irish.

Disney CEO Bob Iger has said the film will be set 30 years after 1983's Return of the Jedi.

Abrams said filming would begin in a couple of weeks.

It is expected to hit cinemas in December 2015.

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2014, 01:27:27 PM »

I really can't wait for December 2015. 

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2014, 05:56:26 PM »

So there has been lots of news on the Star Wars front. Filming is almost done according to reports. I keep getting really excited for December 2015, it can't come soon enough. With lots more films after that too.

Disney confirmed its Episode 7 in December 2015, A spin-off film in 2016 directed by Godzilla director Gareth Edwards and written by Gary Whitta, Episode 8 written and directed by Rian Johnson in 2017, another spinoff film in 2018 directed by Chronicle and the new Fantastic Four reboot director Josh Tranks, and than Episode 9 in 2019 with currently no director attached but rumor is that will be Johnson.

Exciting stuff in the world of Star Wars. Some great talent involved with these films. Can't wait! ok
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 05:58:39 PM by Sober_times » Logged

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2015, 10:00:15 PM »

Might as well update the thread since I started it(and I'm bored at work).  Grin

2 trailers have been released for Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens, I'd be surprised if you haven't seen them but here are the links.

Teaser #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erLk59H86ww

Teaser #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

The end of the second trailer really got me excited and I keep getting more and more excited about the films as time goes on. Here's a link to a vanity fair piece about The Force Awakens: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/05/star-wars-the-force-awakens-vanity-fair-cover#8

They also announced the first Star Wars spin-off, which they are now calling Anthology Films, will be entitled Rogue One. It will take place between Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Episode IV. It's about a band of rebels who steal the Death Star plans. So far its stars Felicity Jones and is written by Chris Weitz from story by John Knoll and Gary Whitta(original screenwriter who left the project) and directed by Gareth Edwards(Godzilla). It releases December 2016.

So what do you think so far? Are you excited? I know I am.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 10:05:52 PM by Sober_times » Logged

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: