Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:51:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler - Legendary Rock Interview
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler - Legendary Rock Interview  (Read 2108 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: January 31, 2013, 05:50:45 PM »

Steven Adler and Lonny Paul of ADLER on touring, their album and more

January 30, 2013

LRI:  I don?t want to talk about Guns and Roses but I have one question since the Hall Of Fame thing is done and over with.  All of these bands like Skid Row and Ratt and others have been rumored to do reunions but I?d venture to guess the one slam dunk, sure thing, big stadium reunion would be a GNR reunion.  Does that bother anyone other than the fans?

Steven:  I don?t know.  I know it?s so ridiculous and it used to bother me but after the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame I just had to let that go.  I just ended that chapter of my life after that night.  To be honest, I couldn?t think of a better way to end that chapter of my life than there that night.  With this new record, I have a whole brand new team and this is truly a fresh start.  Like the title of the album says, I am Back From the Dead.

LRI:  I liked the new material you did with Chip and Jizzy as Adler?s Appetite and all of those guys from your previous lineups too.  For those who aren?t aware, how is this band different?

Steven:  It?s the right recipe of people.  Yes, everybody that I?ve worked with before were all great musicians but this is the perfect set of ingredients.  It?s kind of like what I experienced with Guns and Roses.  The guys who are in Guns and Roses now couldn?t make an album like Appetite, that?s not a slam on them but for some reason the five of us, that was just some weird mix of ingredients that was able to do that at that time, at that moment.  For some reasons that I don?t understand I see, I hear, and I feel that I have the right recipe of people around me again and I feel so blessed and so lucky. I owe so much of it to this guy sitting next to me right now, Mr. Lonnie Paul.  He is my guitar player and my friend and he is such a jerk because he does not like being told that he is a great person but I love him and I am so thankful for having him in my life.  Dude, he helped me lose 25 pounds!  Until we started working out I didn?t realize how heavy twenty five pounds is until I lifted up 25 lb weight and said ?Holy crap, this is what I?ve been carrying around with me???.  It?s all thanks to Lonny.

LRI:  The song ?Habit? is my favorite right now but I like the record from beginning to end.   I think it?s the best post-GNR release from a former member yet, no disrespect to Duff, Slash or Izzy.

Steven:  Of course not, of course not, but that just makes me feel so great to hear you say that.  That is my revenge, the only revenge I wanted to have on that whole situation and part of my life was success.  I didn?t want vengeance, I didn?t want to hurt anybody but I wanted to make a great record because I think success is the greatest revenge.    You just made me feel so great man because I achieved my revenge.

LRI:  The shows you did with Adler?s Appetite generally included Appetite For Destruction in its entirety.  I am assuming the shows you do as ADLER are going to be a bit different.

Steven:  One of the nice things we were hearing from the fans on the KISS Kruise was that at first they were thinking they wanted to hear us play all the old GNR tunes and then by the time we had finished our set they were all asking us about OUR songs.  To me, that was a great, great compliment.

Lonny:  We played the whole ADLER record, that was what we pushed and it went over great.  We played only a few Guns N? Roses songs.

Steven:  And that?s only out of respect for my fans from way back.  I am proud of those old songs and the fans love em.  We will always play a couple of em because Guns N? Roses was a chapter of my life but the focus is on the new band now because this is the current chapter of my life.

Continue here: http://www.legendaryrockinterviews.com/2013/01/30/steven-adler-and-lonny-paul-of-adler-on-touring-their-album-producer-jeff-pilson-and-more/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: