Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:13:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2014 NFL Season
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014 NFL Season  (Read 79231 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2015, 07:49:04 PM »

I hope you're wrong about Dallas beating Green Bay. You gotta wonder about Rodgers health though too.
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2015, 12:03:56 PM »

My predictions peace

Saturday 10/01/2015
Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots         15:35 pm TV Azteca/ESPN
Carolina Panthers @ Seattle Seahawks              19:15 pm Televisa/Fox Sports

Sunday   11/01/2015         
Dallas Cowboys @ Green Bay Packers              12:05 pm Televisa/Fox Sports
Indianapolis Colts @ Denver Broncos               15:40 pm TV Azteca/ESPN

MX Local Time (UTC-06:00) Guadalajara, Ciudad de M?xico, Monterrey
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2015, 11:06:06 PM »

Ruled Out  Shocked

The Cowboys? magical season comes to a crushing end with a 26-21 loss to Green Bay in the divisional round of the playoffs  Cry
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2015, 11:17:03 PM »

Jan 18

Colts vs Patriots
Packers vs Seahawks

beer
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2015, 10:20:22 AM »

So happy the Cowboys lost... and made a pretty penny in fanduel yesterday... Thank You Davonte Adams !!!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2015, 01:22:32 PM »

Cowboys did put up a pretty good fight, just fell short. That whole completing the catch process rule is a tough one. It certainly looked like a great catch by Dez to me. Of course I fully support the tuck rule, so if that's the rule, you have to deal with it.

The Broncos looked pretty terrible last night. The Colts forced Manning to beat them and he looked like a shell of his former self. A sad way to end his career if that is indeed it. Amazed at the lack of success he has in the playoffs. NINE one and done's. 11-13 overall. That's absurdly bad.

I feel a little too confident in the Pats next week. I just don't see the Colts giving them much of a challenge. They're a GOOD matchup for the Patriots, as opposed to the Ravens. They give them fits. But you never know in the playoffs. Anything can happen.

I also think the Seahawks will beat the Packers, but I'm loosening my grip on that one. I think Green Bay has a shot. But Seattle's stellar D should be able to slow down that great Packers offense. And the Seahawks running game should effectively keep Rodgers off the field.

As long as New England wins though, I don't really care. I'll be there to see it all unfold on Sunday. Can't wait!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2015, 02:50:50 PM »

Cowboys did put up a pretty good fight, just fell short. That whole completing the catch process rule is a tough one. It certainly looked like a great catch by Dez to me. Of course I fully support the tuck rule, so if that's the rule, you have to deal with it.

The Broncos looked pretty terrible last night. The Colts forced Manning to beat them and he looked like a shell of his former self. A sad way to end his career if that is indeed it. Amazed at the lack of success he has in the playoffs. NINE one and done's. 11-13 overall. That's absurdly bad.

I feel a little too confident in the Pats next week. I just don't see the Colts giving them much of a challenge. They're a GOOD matchup for the Patriots, as opposed to the Ravens. They give them fits. But you never know in the playoffs. Anything can happen.

I also think the Seahawks will beat the Packers, but I'm loosening my grip on that one. I think Green Bay has a shot. But Seattle's stellar D should be able to slow down that great Packers offense. And the Seahawks running game should effectively keep Rodgers off the field.

As long as New England wins though, I don't really care. I'll be there to see it all unfold on Sunday. Can't wait!

I don't love the rule, but according tot he rule, they made the right call. Dallas should have lost to the Lions tho, they get no sympathy from me!

Luck will really have to stand on his head... even if he does... I don't see the Colts D holding the Pats under 31... so it's tough.

Love Seattle to win, just cant see them losing in that building to a qb on one leg (no matter how good he is)

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2015, 03:26:13 PM »

The call was right end of story.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2015, 11:57:49 AM »

His playoff numbers are not on par with his regular season stats, no question, but 9 one and done's and the 11-13 record is better than not making the playoffs those 9 years and having an 11-4 playoff record.  I know that seems self-evident, but it highlights the inherent flaw in judging QBs by playoff win %. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2015, 04:29:23 PM »

His playoff numbers are not on par with his regular season stats, no question, but 9 one and done's and the 11-13 record is better than not making the playoffs those 9 years and having an 11-4 playoff record.  I know that seems self-evident, but it highlights the inherent flaw in judging QBs by playoff win %. 
True. Getting to the playoffs is better than not getting there at all. But that record isn't what you'd expect from one of the best QB's of all time. And in most of those cases, his team was a top seed. It's not as if he wasn't surrounded by talented players. The best way I can describe it is teams built around Peyton have been built for the regular season, and not the playoffs. Good defense wins more often than not in the playoffs and all of Peyton's teams have been catered to his strengths.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2015, 05:08:40 PM »

True. Getting to the playoffs is better than not getting there at all. But that record isn't what you'd expect from one of the best QB's of all time. And in most of those cases, his team was a top seed. It's not as if he wasn't surrounded by talented players. The best way I can describe it is teams built around Peyton have been built for the regular season, and not the playoffs. Good defense wins more often than not in the playoffs and all of Peyton's teams have been catered to his strengths.

It's not a good winning %, but the record still reflects his greatness because it shows he was in 24 playoff games.  No QB ever has started more than that other than Brady (27).  Speaking of which, Brady's playoff record was 9-0 during NE's 2001-2004 dynasty era, but 10-8 since.  Brady has always been great, but I think most would agree his prime was after 2004, even though his playoff record doesn't reflect that.  I think it goes back to what you said, defenses win playoff games, though of course you still need a good QB. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2015, 08:57:21 PM »

It's not a good winning %, but the record still reflects his greatness because it shows he was in 24 playoff games.  No QB ever has started more than that other than Brady (27).  Speaking of which, Brady's playoff record was 9-0 during NE's 2001-2004 dynasty era, but 10-8 since.  Brady has always been great, but I think most would agree his prime was after 2004, even though his playoff record doesn't reflect that.  I think it goes back to what you said, defenses win playoff games, though of course you still need a good QB. 

yeah but the 9 one and done's stick out quite prominently. 6 of those were home losses, and he's 2-7 in his last 9 playoff games. By contrast, Brady has had 2 one and done's and 3 home playoff losses. And the Patriots haven't had a very good defense the last decade or so either. Slightly above average at best some of those years.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2015, 12:49:28 PM »

Prediction time Wink

AFC
Patriots
Steelers
Colts
Broncos

Bengals (wildcard)
Ravens (wildcard)

NFC
Eagles
Packers
Saints
Seahawks

49ers (wildcard)
Buccaneers (wildcard)

AFC Championship: Steelers def. Patriots
NFC Campionship: Packers def. Seahawks

Superbowl: Steelers def. Packers

My predictions weren't that far off Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2015, 12:27:37 AM »

Prediction time Wink

AFC
Patriots
Steelers
Colts
Broncos

Bengals (wildcard)
Ravens (wildcard)

NFC
Eagles
Packers
Saints
Seahawks

49ers (wildcard)
Buccaneers (wildcard)

AFC Championship: Steelers def. Patriots
NFC Campionship: Packers def. Seahawks

Superbowl: Steelers def. Packers

My predictions weren't that far off Wink
You had the AFC perfect in the regular season. The NFC wasn't as kind to you. But the 2 teams you got right still remain. So overall, I'd say you done well. Maybe if you didn't let your Steelers fandom get in the way, you may have still had a shot in the AFC.  Wink

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2015, 09:38:38 AM »

Getting nervous about the AFCCG today. I've grown less confident by the day about a Pats easy victory. Hope it's not one of those "Pats peaked too early and Colts peaked at the right time" situations that we see so often in the playoffs.

Weather should play a factor as it's supposed to rain quite heavy at times. You would THINK that would favor the Patriots over a dome team, but both teams have to deal with it. Also, a weird week for the Colts. Backup LB charged with rape and won't play. Backup OL missed the team flight and won't play. And Trent Richardson didn't make the trip for personal reasons and obviously won't play. Not that any of those guys are HUGE losses, but the timing of it all could disrupt preparation a bit. At least I hope so.

Go Pats!!!

Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2015, 01:30:58 PM »

The Patriots dispatched the Colts with ease, but they won't have such an easy time with the Seahawksbeer  peace

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2015, 04:12:08 PM »

Getting nervous about the AFCCG today. I've grown less confident by the day about a Pats easy victory. Hope it's not one of those "Pats peaked too early and Colts peaked at the right time" situations that we see so often in the playoffs.

Weather should play a factor as it's supposed to rain quite heavy at times. You would THINK that would favor the Patriots over a dome team, but both teams have to deal with it. Also, a weird week for the Colts. Backup LB charged with rape and won't play. Backup OL missed the team flight and won't play. And Trent Richardson didn't make the trip for personal reasons and obviously won't play. Not that any of those guys are HUGE losses, but the timing of it all could disrupt preparation a bit. At least I hope so.

Go Pats!!!

All this worrying for nothing hihi

The Packers, on the other hand, are in for a miserable offseason.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2015, 04:36:23 PM »

That special teams guy that took the ball right in the kisser is gonna see that replay a thousand times before camp opens.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2015, 04:37:18 PM »

Looks like the Pats might be up to their old tricks. They're being investigated for deflating the balls to make them easier to throw and catch in inclement weather.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2015, 12:56:02 PM »

Looks like the Pats might be up to their old tricks. They're being investigated for deflating the balls to make them easier to throw and catch in inclement weather.
A couple problems with that theory. They employed a run heavy game plan. And when they did pass, Brady threw a few wobblers and they had quite a few drops. Just another instance of other teams being jealous of the Patriots success and looking for any reason why they're able to win other than, they're just better than most teams.

Baltimore blows two 14 point leads and cries about deceptive plays, when New England did absolutely nothing illegal. Like Brady said, maybe they should read the rule book next time. Now the Colts get blown out for the 3rd straight time by the Pats and it's because they let some air out of the balls. My advice to the Colts. Get some guys who can play defense and show some semblance of being able to stop the run. Pats could've beaten them playing with a beach ball on Sunday.

Now, on to Seattle!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 01:02:14 PM by faldor » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: