Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:19:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 390451 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1720 on: March 24, 2015, 10:20:01 AM »

in Ron's next interview, if he refuses to answer any gnr questions, I would love for the intervieer to stop the whole interview and walk away.  

Nobody cares about his solo album
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #1721 on: March 24, 2015, 10:20:50 AM »

in Ron's next interview, if he refuses to answer any gnr questions, I would love for the intervieer to stop the whole interview and walk away.  

That's not true at all.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1722 on: March 24, 2015, 10:21:25 AM »

Yeah but Ron does...

You don't have to buy it... or like it.. but some people will.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1723 on: March 24, 2015, 10:21:59 AM »

That is a big climb down though, from a band which released four original albums in their heyday, one of which is commonly regarded as one of the greatest albums of all time. In a semantic sense you are correct but, are you admitting that Guns have completely resigned themselves to being a 'golden oldies' act?

You just pop in whenever you feel like ignoring what was posted earlier it seems. Convenient.

Are you finally admitting that GN'R will never please you and they do what they want instead of playing by your rule book? Are you finally admitting that it's time for you to find one of those real bands that do exactly as you wish instead of trolling a GN'R fan site?

You and your online pal blurt out one silly thing after another and then for some reason can't believe you're having a discussion about the crap you said. Amusing.

The whole "it's not a band" discussion brought up again. They just toured the world for years. "It's not a band!" Cry

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1724 on: March 24, 2015, 10:22:04 AM »

I realize now I was late to game on this

of course he should expect to hear GNR questions... but if he was under the impression the guy was advised not to ask... then I certainly understand his frustration.

Sure. But it should be directed at your publicist.  Not the guy asking the questions.

Or better yet, he should look in the mirror.  He knows if he comes at his publicist, he/she will just say 'You're not Jimi Hendrix reincarnated, asshole, nobody will agree to any pre-conditions for you."  Ron knows these questions will be asked, so if he's so afraid of dishing any dirt, then he just needs to learn a very simple, harmless canned response that says nothing and elegantly re-directs the conversation to what he's doing now.  I like the guy a lot as a guitar player, but he's gotta stop being such a dick.  
mortismurphy
« Reply #1725 on: March 24, 2015, 10:23:59 AM »

That is a big climb down though, from a band which released four original albums in their heyday, one of which is commonly regarded as one of the greatest albums of all time. In a semantic sense you are correct but, are you admitting that Guns have completely resigned themselves to being a 'golden oldies' act?

You just pop in whenever you feel like ignoring what was posted earlier it seems. Convenient.

Are you finally admitting that GN'R will never please you and they do what they want instead of playing by your rule book? Are you finally admitting that it's time for you to find one of those real bands that do excatly as you wish instead of trolling a GN'R fan site?

You and your online pal blurt out one silly thing after another and then for some reason can't believe you're having a discussion about the crap you said. Amusing.

/jarmo

Are they truly a 'golden oldies' act Jarmo?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1726 on: March 24, 2015, 10:24:45 AM »

Fair enough. So are we accepting the fact that gnr are no longer 'recording artists'?

Nope.

We're accepting that, should you want to debate the issue, that would probably be the correct jumping off point.

YOU are probably accepting they are no longer recording artists...DX, too.  That's the side you both seem to fall on.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1727 on: March 24, 2015, 10:26:28 AM »

Or better yet, he should look in the mirror.  He knows if he comes at his publicist, he/she will just say 'You're not Jimi Hendrix reincarnated, asshole, nobody will agree to any pre-conditions for you."  Ron knows these questions will be asked, so if he's so afraid of dishing any dirt, then he just needs to learn a very simple, harmless canned response that says nothing and elegantly re-directs the conversation to what he's doing now.  I like the guy a lot as a guitar player, but he's gotta stop being such a dick.  

Absolutely agree. His solo album,in a vaccume, isn't getting him a ton of press.

Those things he doesn't want to talk about?  They're the hook, honestly.  They're what gets him time to talk about his solo stuff.

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1728 on: March 24, 2015, 10:32:22 AM »

No, but you are.

GN'R does what a majority of bands do. They play the songs people want to hear. Including their real fans.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #1729 on: March 24, 2015, 10:34:50 AM »

No, but you are.

GN'R does what a majority of bands do. They play the songs people want to hear. Including their real fans.

/jarmo

Minus, albums.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1730 on: March 24, 2015, 10:49:20 AM »

If we changed the term to, 'signed band', would that help?

It might.

Alleviate some of the "confusion" between Guns N' Roses and the group of insurance salesmen that play the corner bar.

Lot of confusion.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1731 on: March 24, 2015, 10:51:52 AM »

That's not true at all.

Very few care.  I don't think that's an unfair stance.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #1732 on: March 24, 2015, 10:55:08 AM »

The only way to make the statement, ''GN'R is doing what a majority of bands do'', work is if we define 'band' as, ''any ensemble of unsigned musicians performing together'', or, a 'golden oldies act', who are content to exist solely by playing a pre-planned repertoire of past glories. The latter does work for Axl but you have to first be honest with yourself and admit so.

This 'majority of bands' cannot possibly include Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Kaiser Chiefs, Coldplay. Even bands who have a setlist geared towards nostalgia such as AC/DC and Kiss cannot be included since they both release albums. Heck, we cannot even include certifiable 'pop' acts such as Beyonce, Anastasia and Shakira - all released albums recently.

To define GN'R as a 'band' we have to lower the barometer significantly lower, from the days when we expected a 'trilogy'.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1733 on: March 24, 2015, 10:59:24 AM »

The only way to make the statement, ''GN'R is doing what a majority of bands do'', work is if we define 'band' as, ''any ensemble of unsigned musicians performing together'', or, a 'golden oldies act', who are content to exist solely by playing a pre-planned repertoire of past glories. The latter does work for Axl but you have to first be honest with yourself and admit so.

This 'majority of bands' cannot possibly include Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Kaiser Chiefs, Coldplay. Even bands who have a setlist geared towards nostalgia such as AC/DC and Kiss cannot be included since they both release albums. Heck, we cannot even include certifiable 'pop' acts such as Beyonce, Anastasia and Shakira - all released albums recently.

To define GN'R as a 'band' we have to lower the barometer significantly lower, from the days when we expected a 'trilogy'.

Come on dude... I don't vibe with some people here on certain things... but leave it alone...at least stop trying to tell Jarmo of all people!

Guns N Roses as most see it broke up a long time ago, the original band... We almost all wish it didn't happen...but it did... let it go..

and Guns N Roses today is Axl and the 37 people who contributed to making CD and whatever songs are on the next record... accept it or don't, I wish it wasn't like this but that's life... It's not Aerosmith... those 5 are still out there doing their thing... GNR is never going to be that again.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1734 on: March 24, 2015, 11:00:30 AM »

To define gnr as a band, all we really need to do is use the actual definition. Since you've proven, in the past, you are a stickler for semantics, rather than context (see earlier "riotous" discussion), I know this will be an important point for you:

Music.
a group of instrumentalists playing music of a specialized type:
rock band; calypso band; mariachi band.
a musical group, usually employing brass, percussion, and often woodwind instruments, that plays especially for marching or open-air performances.
big band.
dance band.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1735 on: March 24, 2015, 11:05:57 AM »

Well, this got out of hand.

A joke from Emily, a joke from me...and now we are breaking out the Webster's.

Emily took a little dig, I took a little dig.  Let's stop overthinking this, gang.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1736 on: March 24, 2015, 11:41:39 AM »

Minus, albums.

Don't you ever wake up in the morning and wonder what the fuck you're doing? Whining about a band that's not apparently a band and you like to call a nostalgia act?
And on top of that, you go to a fan site to whine. Just wondering.

AC/DC who keeps making albums using the same 70s mold aren't a so called nostalgia act? I guess because it doesn't work for you. That's the definition of nostalgia. Trying to make something sound like something from the past, nostalgia. Nice try. Better luck next time. If there is a next time...

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1737 on: March 24, 2015, 11:44:58 AM »

Don't you ever wake up in the morning and wonder what the fuck you're doing? Whining about a band that's not apparently a band and you like to call a nostalgia act?
And on top of that, you go to a fan site to whine. Just wondering.

You really think he (or anyone, really) wakes up on any given day and their first thought is about Guns N' Roses or this board?

Hell, any of their first 5 thoughts?  First 10, even.

I get that the guy gets under your skin, but you should at least be able to keep things somewhat real world when you return fire, no?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1738 on: March 24, 2015, 11:45:32 AM »

Well, this got out of hand.

A joke from Emily, a joke from me...and now we are breaking out the Webster's.

Emily took a little dig, I took a little dig.  Let's stop overthinking this, gang.

No one is "overthinking".  Just reading the words on the page....

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1739 on: March 24, 2015, 11:45:55 AM »

I suspect less of the mainstream media would pay attention to his solo album without the mention of either Scott Weiland and/or GN'R.
In this case, the site is called AlternativeNation. I don't know how Bumblefoot fits in that site's readership. With a name like that, I'm sure news of a Scott Weiland project would fit in though.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: