Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:25:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 395257 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1820 on: March 25, 2015, 04:20:39 PM »

You know what his biggest problem was ? He wasn't Izzy...

Izzy's song writing = the glue

Oh, big time.  Second most important guy in band history after Axl, I always say.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #1821 on: March 25, 2015, 04:30:26 PM »

(we were in a semantic debate on the word, 'band').

No, we're not.  We've clearly demonstrated that GnR are a band, using your favorite method.

Are we having a semantic argument about a semantic argument now? Riotous indeed.

I'm not confused at all. You're a fan of something that doesn't exist so you spend your free time whining about it. Your little rule book for what a band needs to be. GN'R isn't following your rules, so you're a grumpy AC/DC fan lost on a GN'R fan site.
Move on. Go Google some AC/DC site.

This is probably going to surprise you as your conception of fandom is completely different to my own, but I am a much bigger fan of GN'R than I am of DC. By the way, if all these people you say 'go away' to, do actually, go away, your own post count would drop exponentially. For all your talk of positivity, I have never once seen you post on any topic at any great length but replies to, those who you call 'whiners'. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1822 on: March 25, 2015, 04:44:04 PM »

You don't seem to want to talk about that, and I don't blame you. 

Glad we agree. You shouldn't blame me because it's your own doing!

Who wants to talk "business" with somebody as biased as you? Believe me, we've had this discussion before. Talking to you is like having an amazing discussion with a rock.

You don't like management, you don't like the band. We get it. How many times do you need to tell us? We get it now. We got it last week. There's no discussion to be had. You're regurgitating the same shit over and over again. Like I said, when there's things to whine about, you're there to point it out. Until hell freezes over. What's that? You're still not happy about something that happened in 2008? Oh please tell us more!  Roll Eyes

Give credit to the band? Not you. Unless provoked.

You in a nutshell. No discussions needed.

Things for you to think about that's "bad business":

200+ shows all over the world. Asked to headline major festivals all over the world.
The most popular stream in Myspace history up to that point.
Platinum album.
First concert movie release since 1992.
Official web site and fan club.
Interviews in print and other media.

Just a few examples of how "bad" everything is on planet Wrestling fan from Philly.

You like to whine about how bad things are, when in reality your kind of people is the reason why things are that way.
It's easy to sit and type on a keyboard instead of do something. You admit to copying music to give to your friends instead of buying the album, and then complain what a failure something is. You don't go to shows and complain about the venue size. There's more examples of this kind of behavior.

How exactly is your behavior being supportive of your alleged favorite band? Whining does not equal support!

By the way, Mr Music Business Expert. How has Metallica failed? They don't tour the US anymore. Instead, they take every opportunity they can to do one offs or tour outside the USA. They must have really fucked up and failed big time! Considering how many albums they've released and done everything according to the rules. Yet, they can't do a proper tour in the US anymore and nobody goes to see their movie....

AC/DC, is doing a tour of North America. 13 shows. Over half of the shows are in Canada! What does that say about the USA?

Maybe it's not about GN'R, maybe it's you? Tongue

By the way, if all these people you say 'go away' to, do actually, go away, your own post count would drop exponentially. For all your talk of positivity, I have never once seen you post on any topic at any great length but replies to, those who you call 'whiners'. 

Don't worry about my post count. Just go away. Cheesy
When even people I don't agree with think you're full of shit, it's very telling.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 05:08:22 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1823 on: March 25, 2015, 04:49:42 PM »

You introduced the line conversation with your strenuous objection.  I responded.

Right here, chief :

If you want to dislike something, you will be able to do so by ignoring what's in front of you. That's what the problem is.

Then, as you often do, you then bitch about the answer I gave to that which you don't like. 

I would say...then don't start the conversation.  Think a step or two ahead. 

Since you so often claim to know everything I'm going to say before I say it, put that into action.  Stop setting yourself up to get angry or annoyed.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1824 on: March 25, 2015, 04:55:54 PM »

I always kind of liked Gliby.

I don't really know what he might have brought to the table songwriting wise, but he seemed like a good enough guitar player and good enough guy.

I guess I assumed he and Slash were tighter than I thought.

You know what his biggest problem was ? He wasn't Izzy...

Izzy's song writing = the glue

You win lfe.

Congrats!

Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
mortismurphy
« Reply #1825 on: March 25, 2015, 04:58:08 PM »

Who wants to talk "business" with somebody as biased as you? Believe me, we've had this discussion before. Talking to you is like having an amazing discussion with a rock.

You don't like management, you don't like the band. We get it. How many times do you need to tell us? We get it now. We got it last week. There's no discussion to be had. You're regurgitating the same shit over and over again. Like I said, when there's things to whine about, you're there to point it out. Until hell freezes over. What's that? You're still not happy about something that happened in 2008? Oh please tell us more!  Roll Eyes

200+ shows all over the world. Asked to headline major festivals all over the world.
Platinum album.

Just a few examples of how "bad" everything is on planet Wrestling fan from Philly.

By the way, if all these people you say 'go away' to, do actually, go away, your own post count would drop exponentially. For all your talk of positivity, I have never once seen you post on any topic at any great length but replies to, those who you call 'whiners'. 

When even people I don't agree with think you're full of shit, it's very telling.

/jarmo

Just where am I 'full of shit' in this particular incident then? Prove to me that GN'R are less nostalgia driven than DC and Kiss. I noticed you ignored my point about Kiss putting albums out, genre bending and including eclectic songs in their setlists. How are AC/DC more inherently nostalgic than Guns, when they put albums out, and play songs from those albums in their modern setlists? You simply have not refuted the claim that Axl is now a 'golden oldies' act. The ad hominem attack merely reinforces your redundancy of argument.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1826 on: March 25, 2015, 05:05:00 PM »

I did, I told you they wear the same make up as they did in the 1970s. That's part nostalgia.
Their "new" members wear the original members' make up as well.

In your opinion, AC/DC plays three new songs it's not nostalgia but when GN'R does five or six songs from their latest album, it's nostalgia.
Hello McFly?

Everybody here has told you how out if line you are. You're just too stubborn to admit it. You want to have this complaint about GN'R! You really don't want to like them.

You introduced the line conversation with your strenuous objection.  I responded.

You and your "bad business". The usual whining from you about things you wish you understood but are merely an opinion of somebody who takes themselves too seriously.
That's what started it: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=65960.msg1383852#msg1383852

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 05:11:29 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #1827 on: March 25, 2015, 05:09:02 PM »

I did, I told you they wear the same make up as they did in the 1970s. That's part nostalgia.

In your opinion, AC/DC plays three new songs it's not nostalgia but when GN'R does five or six songs from their latest album, it's nostalgia.
Hello McFly?

/jarmo

The make-up is their 'thing'. I will give you the, Thayer/Singer in the makeup, argument. It is a cheap, hoodwinking sort of move. Still does not eradicate the fact that they have put out two albums in six years and perform songs from those two albums in their sets.

Latest album? Am I missing something here? Axl has not released an album in seven years!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1828 on: March 25, 2015, 05:12:37 PM »

You and your "bad business". The usual whining from you about things you wish you understood but are merely an opinion of somebody who takes themselves too seriously.

Judging by that missive up there about me, doesn't seem like I'm alone on that front.  It's flattering.

My own mother doesn't give me the undivided attention you do, and she actually likes me.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1829 on: March 25, 2015, 05:13:04 PM »

Latest album? Am I missing something here? Axl has not released an album in seven years!

Yeah, it's obvious you're missing a lot of things here.
This is a Guns N' Roses fan site for fans of the band. Not people who are fans of AC/DC and KISS who like some of GN'R (under their conditions).

You didn't answer the question. Surprise!

My own mother doesn't give me the undivided attention you do, and she actually likes me.

Glad you're loved by your mom.
Maybe you should tell her all the things you don't like about her, daily. Maybe she did something in 2008 you don't agree with.....

Yes, your opinion is not a fact. Ask your mom!
You want it to be so you can go on about the "bad business". But it's not. Sorry.
Just because it's not to your taste, doesn't mean it's bad.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 05:16:32 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1830 on: March 25, 2015, 05:16:02 PM »

Maybe you should tell her all the things you don't like about her, daily. Maybe she did something in 2008 you don't agree with.....

Well, she's released the same number of albums since then.  Maybe that could be a way in.

mortismurphy
« Reply #1831 on: March 25, 2015, 05:21:24 PM »

This is a Guns N' Roses fan site for fans of the band. Not people who are fans of AC/DC and KISS who like some of GN'R (under their conditions).

Everybody knows that you view fandom as, an unconditional fandom, Jarmo. I merely believe that is an absurd unreality which overrides all common sense and objective thinking.

Question? I think I answered you sufficiently.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1832 on: March 25, 2015, 05:59:04 PM »

Hello McFly?

/jarmo

The make-up is their 'thing'. I will give you the, Thayer/Singer in the makeup, argument. It is a cheap, hoodwinking sort of move. Still does not eradicate the fact that they have put out two albums in six years and perform songs from those two albums in their sets.

I know many of my friends who are Kiss fans, and they don't own any of their albums after the 80's , hell I can care less about their "output" since then, and most people who go to see Kiss, only go for the nostalgia of it, not care to hear anything of whatever the last album was. That is a FACT. As Jarmo says what the fuck are you even here for?

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1833 on: March 25, 2015, 06:16:51 PM »

Everybody knows that you view fandom as, an unconditional fandom, Jarmo. I merely believe that is an absurd unreality which overrides all common sense and objective thinking.

When even regular whiny posters come of as rays of sunshine compared to you, it makes you think.
Your objective thinking only means you need to find things to whine about. It's boring.

No you didn't.

AC/DC puts out an album made to sound similar to all their other albums and plays three new songs on tour: You're amazed! So much new material in the show!
GN'R plays five to six new songs that sounds very little like their old albums: You're going on about it being a nostalgia act.

You make zero sense.

Please stop with the "they need to put out albums" act. It's so transparent. If GN'R had put out album after album, you wouldn't be happier. You'd be whining about something else.

/jarmo

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1834 on: March 25, 2015, 06:21:19 PM »

I believe the only absurd reality is you, posting on a fan forum of a band you claim to be a fan of. but you constantly take shots at that band as well as the true, supportive fans.

Day after day it's the same recycled vomit with you, the same verbal diarrhea whining and complaining about some apect of GNR.

Go somewhere else with your toxicity or go to hell with your whiny bitch nonsense, don't care which.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
mortismurphy
« Reply #1835 on: March 25, 2015, 06:28:22 PM »

Hello McFly?

/jarmo

I know many of my friends who are Kiss fans, and they don't own any of their albums after the 80's , hell I can care less about their "output" since then, and most people who go to see Kiss, only go for the nostalgia of it, not care to hear anything of whatever the last album was. That is a FACT. As Jarmo says what the fuck are you even here for?

I take your point that the modern Kiss albums do not resonate with, I would say 70-80% of the crowd. The albums did not sell particularly well. But I do not see this as a reason to not release albums, nor incorporate the new material into the setlist. So long as they exist, they are certainly an argument against Kiss being solely a nostalgia act whether you like it or not. The last two were picked up by a niche hardcore fanbase. For those who got over the Thayer/Singer thing, they were favourably received to a large extent. In fact, I do not really agree with you in the sense that Modern Day Delilah has became something of a 'live favourite'. It was popular on rock radio and has a riff which seems to get the crowd going. Also, Kiss have thrown their support (by mere, frequency of inclusion) behind the song Psycho Circus. They often open with it! I think that has become a fairly popular live favourite.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1836 on: March 25, 2015, 06:28:54 PM »

Well, she's released the same number of albums since then.  Maybe that could be a way in.

Oh look, it thinks it is a comedian when it merely has internet access.

Here's a nice quote from Axl :

"If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen, you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does, you might get something that works for you ? in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting, try holding your breath for Jesus 'cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater."

There's another quote that sums you up rather nicely, but I'm much too polite to post it  Kiss
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 06:31:47 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
mortismurphy
« Reply #1837 on: March 25, 2015, 06:33:49 PM »

No you didn't.

AC/DC puts out an album made to sound similar to all their other albums and plays three new songs on tour: You're amazed! So much new material in the show!
GN'R plays five to six new songs that sounds very little like their old albums: You're going on about it being a nostalgia act.

You make zero sense.

Correction, GN'R play five to six old songs. CD is a seven year old record.

I was actually impressed with the number of CD songs played, when it actually was a 'new' record!

Please stop with the "they need to put out albums" act. It's so transparent. If GN'R had put out album after album, you wouldn't be happier. You'd be whining about something else.

I imagine I would have been really exited and judged each album on its own individual merits.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1838 on: March 25, 2015, 06:37:37 PM »

Platinum album.

You like to whine about how bad things are, when in reality your kind of people is the reason why things are that way.
It's easy to sit and type on a keyboard instead of do something. You admit to copying music to give to your friends instead of buying the album, and then complain what a failure something is. You don't go to shows and complain about the venue size. There's more examples of this kind of behavior.

How exactly is your behavior being supportive of your alleged favorite band? Whining does not equal support!

By the way, Mr Music Business Expert. How has Metallica failed? They don't tour the US anymore. Instead, they take every opportunity they can to do one offs or tour outside the USA. They must have really fucked up and failed big time! Considering how many albums they've released and done everything according to the rules. Yet, they can't do a proper tour in the US anymore and nobody goes to see their movie....

AC/DC, is doing a tour of North America. 13 shows. Over half of the shows are in Canada! What does that say about the USA?

Maybe it's not about GN'R, maybe it's you? Tongue

/jarmo

I like the point that you made that ac/dc is playing half there shows in Canada

And they are in stadiums. 

Why here and not the states....

Canada gets it.   There is a lot of extra money in people's pockets to spend.  Hardly any unemployment equals lots of money to spend.  And there are lots of rock fans here

I have always said.  If guns went on another canadian tour.  They would be a huge draw and sell mega tickets
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1839 on: March 25, 2015, 07:39:16 PM »

Correction, GN'R play five to six old songs. CD is a seven year old record.

I was actually impressed with the number of CD songs played, when it actually was a 'new' record!

You mean, the week after its release when it was sold for $1.99?  rofl
Still, it's the latest record and they played more songs from it than your favorite bands play from their latest albums. Cheesy

Maybe you and others like you need to use your objective thinking and look around. A bunch of bands tour without a new album out. Metallica is doing it again. Playing one new song probably makes you wet your pants, but it's not an album. It's a tour playing the hits. Or playing the songs requested by the fans or whatever else you come up with.

Bands play shows. It's a way to stay active. You don't like it so you need to whine about something.

Maybe in your mind this is better. 2015, no shows. No way of being a nostalgia act!
Hooray! I sure hope you're enjoying this moment! So why are you whining about the horrible 2014, 2013 and any other year you detested so much?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: