Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:23:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 395301 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1840 on: March 25, 2015, 07:43:54 PM »

Canada gets it.   There is a lot of extra money in people's pockets to spend.  Hardly any unemployment equals lots of money to spend.  And there are lots of rock fans here

I have always said.  If guns went on another canadian tour.  They would be a huge draw and sell mega tickets

You think they would fill, say, hockey arenas without a problem?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1841 on: March 25, 2015, 07:54:19 PM »

I would love a brief statement from GNR...

We just want to thank Ron Thal for his years of service to the GNR brand... we wish him well in the future.

Short n Sweet

That would go a long way to end all the speculation.

Yep.

And failure to do so is only fueling speculation they are OK with all this.

Or they don't care that the fans have been guessing for months now.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1842 on: March 25, 2015, 07:56:37 PM »

Or they don't want to update fans and cause more guessing if there's no answer to the follow up question(s).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #1843 on: March 25, 2015, 08:01:15 PM »

Correction, GN'R play five to six old songs. CD is a seven year old record.

I was actually impressed with the number of CD songs played, when it actually was a 'new' record!

You mean, the week after its release when it was sold for $1.99?  rofl

Are you claiming that a victory? I even remember conceding a price range of $1-3.99! I still do not see what is so absurd in me remembering someone posting up a picture of the albums being off loaded for that price within short distance from its release!

they played more songs from it than your favorite bands play from their latest albums. Cheesy

Very commendable. I remember being impressed at the time. That show in Japan contained a particularly impressive set.

Maybe you and others like you need to use your objective thinking and look around. A bunch of bands tour without a new album out. Metallica is doing it again. Playing one new song probably makes you wet your pants, but it's not an album. It's a tour playing the hits. Or playing the songs requested by the fans or whatever else you come up with.

Bands play shows. It's a way to stay active. You don't like it so you need to whine about something.

I am not going to sit here and defend Metallica's lazy cash grabs if that is what you expect me to do? Metallica's aversion to a studio is similarly mystifying as Axl's.

Maybe in your mind this is better. 2015, no shows. No way of being a nostalgia act!
Hooray! I sure hope you're enjoying this moment! So why are you whining about the horrible 2014, 2013 and any other year you detested so much?

If the silence of 2015 results in an album, it may be GN'R's most exciting year since 2008 - possibly even 2001. I just doubt that scenario.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1844 on: March 25, 2015, 08:02:02 PM »

Or they don't want to update fans and cause more guessing if there's no answer to the follow up question(s).

/jarmo

They could let the fans know Ron's status.  If he's out, the only guessing would be who or if they replace him.  And that's happening now.

dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #1845 on: March 25, 2015, 08:04:17 PM »

/jarmo

There is an answer -

Yes he's left

No he's still in the band

We are currently under discussion

Too simple to give one of these answers? Sad when the only thing forums are discussing at the moment is whether a member has left or not. I'd rather be reading that the band is touring again, I'm having withdrawal right now.  no Cry
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1846 on: March 25, 2015, 08:10:01 PM »

I see your point that the obvious next question is that if he's out, who's in?

But is that really a reason to not confirm he's gone?  Its not like if they did confirm that they would all of the sudden feel the need to speak out if further questions come.

Further questions come all the time.  They never care.  Why would they they be moved to care in this instance?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1847 on: March 25, 2015, 08:18:30 PM »

Canada gets it.   There is a lot of extra money in people's pockets to spend.  Hardly any unemployment equals lots of money to spend.  And there are lots of rock fans here

I have always said.  If guns went on another canadian tour.  They would be a huge draw and sell mega tickets

You think they would fill, say, hockey arenas without a problem?

Yes

I would bet money on the fact that guns could do a coast to coast tour of Canada and in most stops play to near sell outs of arenas  12-17 thousand   

And that's not a huge praise for gnr, but more of a praise for the canadian audience.   It's seems no matter what band that comes around here sells out
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1848 on: March 25, 2015, 08:24:01 PM »

I see your point that the obvious next question is that if he's out, who's in?

But is that really a reason to not confirm he's gone?  Its not like if they did confirm that they would all of the sudden feel the need to speak out if further questions come.

Further questions come all the time.  They never care.  Why would they they be moved to care in this instance?

So what would be the honest time frame a new guitar player would need to pick up the songs before a tour?

Even the guys present in the band will need time to learn new songs, if in fact Axl releases some new ones, the guys in the band that didn't write them will also need some time to learn them

That is if they plan on playing new music on the next tour
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1849 on: March 25, 2015, 08:30:01 PM »

So what would be the honest time frame a new guitar player would need to pick up the songs before a tour?

Even the guys present in the band will need time to learn new songs, if in fact Axl releases some new ones, the guys in the band that didn't write them will also need some time to learn them

That is if they plan on playing new music on the next tour

Well, would depend on when that tour was.  If you intend to do some this year, you probably have to get moving on a new guy pretty soon, right?

Whoever it winds up being though, dude does not need to be on the album.  Once you reach the replacement of the replacement of the replacement level, he doesn't need to stick a few riffs on a song to make him seem like part of the gang.

Learn new songs if you want to play them, but let him learn from the stuff that's already done.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1850 on: March 25, 2015, 08:37:54 PM »

Bacon that simply is just not true they didn't sell out Montreal and Toronto in 2013 and those were just small venues like three thousand people...

So I don't know what u are talking about with the all mighty Canada...

But hopefully they do play there again soon...Montreal is one of my favorite cities

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1851 on: March 25, 2015, 08:38:01 PM »

Are you claiming that a victory? I even remember conceding a price range of $1-3.99! I still do not see what is so absurd in me remembering someone posting up a picture of the albums being off loaded for that price within short distance from its release!

Only claiming that you don't know what you're talking about and you have selective memory. Cheesy

I am not going to sit here and defend Metallica's lazy cash grabs if that is what you expect me to do? Metallica's aversion to a studio is similarly mystifying as Axl's.

Cash grabs.  rofl

If the silence of 2015 results in an album, it may be GN'R's most exciting year since 2008 - possibly even 2001. I just doubt that scenario.

Ok. Let's re-phrase that. You must've been ecstatic between July and yesterday! No touring, no nostalgia. But wait, no new album either... Can't get everything!

Either they haven't made a decision on whether or not that's the case (i.e. the door is still open) or there's no answer to the follow up questions, in which case answering one question only leads to more questions and more speculation (something which FunkyMonkey does not want).

Isn't that how business works? You don't necessarily wanna announce a problem without a solution in place.... Especially if the solution isn't "needed" at this exact moment since there's no scheduled activities involving the band.

Well.... I cant believe we're having this talk again.   rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1852 on: March 25, 2015, 08:39:09 PM »

Bacon that simply is just not true they didn't sell out Montreal and Toronto in 2013 and those were just small venues like three thousand people...

Yikes.

Bacon?

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #1853 on: March 25, 2015, 08:42:35 PM »

Happy Groundhog Day! Welcome aboard the SS Asshole. It's a magical circle without any exits, a record of sorts that spins on repeat to the tune of self aggrandizement. Ever get tired of the same old same old? Not this poster. That's why I support the courageous efforts of DX and Mortis Murphy. By the power vested in me by the state of Arizona, I now pronounce you troll and troll junior. You may kiss the my ass.  Tongue

Sorry, I couldn't help it. I missed you guys. There is a special light, still shining bright, and even on the darkest night, I can't denyyyyyyyyyyyy.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1854 on: March 25, 2015, 08:43:56 PM »

Either they haven't made a decision on whether or not that's the case (i.e. the door is still open) or there's no answer to the follow up questions, in which case answering one question only leads to more questions and more speculation (something which FunkyMonkey does not want).

But as I said in the part you forgot to quote (oversight, I'm sure), since when do they care about such things?

Suddenly they are going to feel the need to address follow up questions?  Since when?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1855 on: March 25, 2015, 08:46:24 PM »

Happy Groundhog Day! Welcome aboard the SS Asshole. It's a magical circle without any exits, a record of sorts that spins on repeat to the tune of self aggrandizement. Ever get tired of the same old same old? Not this poster. That's why I support the courageous efforts of DX and Mortis Murphy. By the power vested in me by the state of Arizona, I now pronounce you troll and troll junior. You may kiss the my ass.  Tongue

Sorry, I couldn't help it. I missed you guys. There is a special light, still shining bright, and even on the darkest night, I can't denyyyyyyyyyyyy.

I've wondered what its like to be awake to read Bacon's stuff as it happens. 

Now I know.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1856 on: March 25, 2015, 08:50:08 PM »

Isn't that how business works? You don't necessarily wanna announce a problem without a solution in place.... Especially if the solution isn't "needed" at this exact moment since there's no scheduled activities involving the band.

Well.... I cant believe we're having this talk again.   rofl

/jarmo

When did I say I don't want more speculation.  We have plenty of speculation.  What we don't have is answers.

I don't buy into this you can't have a problem unless you have a solution.  Sometimes bad news happens, you deal with it.

We're having this talk again because we've heard nothing new.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:53:52 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1857 on: March 25, 2015, 08:52:36 PM »

They announced Bucket was out in 2004.

We found out about his replacement the night he took the stage...2 years later.

So I'm not sure I buy this alleged need the band has to have answers at the ready for people that ask.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1858 on: March 25, 2015, 09:00:32 PM »

Haha, how dare you insult the circle-jerk of shit and both the president and Mortis the Minister of Misinformation, Rudy  rofl

Nice to hear from you.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 09:02:46 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
mortismurphy
« Reply #1859 on: March 25, 2015, 09:09:16 PM »

circle-jerk of shit

You can always rely on Emma to continue the time old (but thoroughly elusive) HTGTH manifesto upon, ''spreading, positivity''. She does have a creative way with insults mind.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: