Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:55:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 395666 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2460 on: July 28, 2015, 08:37:15 PM »

Maybe Ron Is Back In GNR

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #2461 on: July 29, 2015, 12:24:57 AM »

Interesting question, but I think it does a little and probably more so overseas.

Yeah, true.  They certainly seem to grade on a more favorable curve then we stateside folks.

I am a fan of that page too, and over the last couple of years ive been watching, its mostly americans, aussies and english who are very brutal on this not being the real guns etc..

The south americans seem to be much more accepting of whatever incarnation of guns that Axl has at the time... True.. they still pine for slash and axl to be back together.. but in truth.. the harshest comments are from the english speaking fans from the states and Aus.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #2462 on: July 29, 2015, 03:43:14 PM »

Maybe Ron Is Back In GNR

LOL
mortismurphy
« Reply #2463 on: July 29, 2015, 03:46:12 PM »

Interesting question, but I think it does a little and probably more so overseas.

Yeah, true.  They certainly seem to grade on a more favorable curve then we stateside folks.

I am a fan of that page too, and over the last couple of years ive been watching, its mostly americans, aussies and english who are very brutal on this not being the real guns etc..

The south americans seem to be much more accepting of whatever incarnation of guns that Axl has at the time... True.. they still pine for slash and axl to be back together.. but in truth.. the harshest comments are from the english speaking fans from the states and Aus.

True. I cannot really offer a reason why that is but it is true.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2464 on: July 29, 2015, 05:22:36 PM »

Maybe Ron needs to keep "GNR guitarist" before his name because of prior deals he's made with sponsors and/or promoters.

I guess.  But is it even a positive?

Because I have Guns N' Roses down as a "like" on Facebook, I was given 3 pages on my feed that mentioned DJ leaving the band.

The comments were brutal, absolutely brutal.  All the predictable stuff how this is not Guns N' Roses, Guns N' Roses has been dead for 20 years, bring back the originals...all of it.

So is that billing even helping him?

Rule #1 of the internet:

Never judge content by whats in the comments section, especially the stuff in social media comments.

They are full of trolls, malcontents, and people just trying to earn sm/board cred.

You could literally take any thing....take, for example, a recent espn article on Ronda Rousey...and see the same sorts of things (and worse).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2465 on: July 29, 2015, 05:30:24 PM »

Rule #1 of the internet:

Never judge content by whats in the comments section, especially the stuff in social media comments.

They are full of trolls, malcontents, and people just trying to earn sm/board cred.

You could literally take any thing....take, for example, a recent espn article on Ronda Rousey...and see the same sorts of things (and worse).

Oh, horrible people.  YouTube comment sections make you weep for humanity.

But, I trust we are not arguing these sentiments are somehow restricted to comment sections on the internet, as it pertains to this band.  Right?  I mean, that's a stretch.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2466 on: July 29, 2015, 05:34:39 PM »

Rule #1 of the internet:

Oh, horrible people.  YouTube comment sections make you weep for humanity.

But, I trust we are not arguing these sentiments are somehow restricted to comment sections on the internet, as it pertains to this band.  Right?  I mean, that's a stretch.

Confined to? No.

The vast majority of credible opinions......Nope, i don't think it is. I suspect the split is much more even...and amicable...than what you're seeing in those comment sections.

And by credible i mean people not trolling, looking for cred, or having an alterior motive.

Its a perfectly fine, and valid, opinion to have. But i more than suspect, when presented "horribly".....its more than likely disingenious.

Point being.....seeing comments on the fb article...not so compelling, really.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2467 on: July 30, 2015, 12:15:45 AM »

People should just stick to one HOME FORUM

I really don't understand how people have the time to post to all these other sites...

TheFaceBooks is the problem.   Something TheBaconman doesn't have
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2468 on: July 30, 2015, 09:38:37 AM »

People should just stick to one HOME FORUM

I really don't understand how people have the time to post to all these other sites...

TheFaceBooks is the problem.   Something TheBaconman doesn't have

Oh, I disagree.  Diversity of opinions is never a bad thing.

Otherwise, you just wind up with confirmation bias because you only surround yourself with people telling you want you want to hear.

This is the only GNR forum I really post at these past few years.  But I still read several.  You need to get different perspectives.

Its patently obvious we have people here that don't do that.  You can usually identify them as the people that get real mad, real quick, and start calling people juvenile names in place of a well reasoned merit based counterargument.

Those are people living in the bubble.  The bubble is bad.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2469 on: July 30, 2015, 10:04:53 AM »

Yeah, this lesson is coming from the person who has resorted to insults in the past....

Just remind him of what he has said in the past and see what happens. Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2470 on: July 30, 2015, 10:11:46 AM »

Yeah, this lesson is coming from the person who has resorted to insults in the past....

Just remind him of what he has said in the past and see what happens. Cheesy

If I was given an argument about GNR that I didn't agree with, and my response was that other person must have an empty and unhappy life...you can quote that on up anytime, sport.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2471 on: July 30, 2015, 02:32:04 PM »

Maybe Ron Is Back In GNR

BUMBLEFOOT Says There Are 'Enough Clues Out There' For Fans To Figure Out His Status With GUNS N' ROSES

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal recently revealed that he was focusing on his solo career after spending eight years playing in the Axl Rose-fronted band. Thal, however, stopped short of saying that he was no longer a member of GUNS N' ROSES, which has caused some fans to criticize him for not coming clean about where he stands with the group.

Asked by journalist Gary Graff to clarify his status with GUNS N' ROSES, Thal said: "That is the thing I am not to elaborate on. I think there's enough clues out there for you to figure out what I'm up to now."

He continued: "I'm a real busy guy and really enjoying everything I'm doing, and I think that everything I'm doing has a future and a bigger plan ? the solo stuff, the other bands, the producing, the charity and educational things I'm doing. These are all the things I love that I've really missed, and I'm very happy to be putting my time back into that. It's really what I should be doing."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bumblefoot-says-there-are-enough-clues-out-there-for-fans-to-figure-out-his-status-with-guns-n-roses/

no

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2472 on: July 30, 2015, 02:40:00 PM »

Maybe Ron Is Back In GNR

BUMBLEFOOT Says There Are 'Enough Clues Out There' For Fans To Figure Out His Status With GUNS N' ROSES

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal recently revealed that he was focusing on his solo career after spending eight years playing in the Axl Rose-fronted band. Thal, however, stopped short of saying that he was no longer a member of GUNS N' ROSES, which has caused some fans to criticize him for not coming clean about where he stands with the group.

Asked by journalist Gary Graff to clarify his status with GUNS N' ROSES, Thal said: "That is the thing I am not to elaborate on. I think there's enough clues out there for you to figure out what I'm up to now."

He continued: "I'm a real busy guy and really enjoying everything I'm doing, and I think that everything I'm doing has a future and a bigger plan ? the solo stuff, the other bands, the producing, the charity and educational things I'm doing. These are all the things I love that I've really missed, and I'm very happy to be putting my time back into that. It's really what I should be doing."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bumblefoot-says-there-are-enough-clues-out-there-for-fans-to-figure-out-his-status-with-guns-n-roses/

no

I'm still not sure what his status is (sarcasm intended).
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2473 on: July 30, 2015, 02:47:29 PM »

To be honest, that was the clearest he may have put things regarding his status. He basically said what we already know, but for whatever reason he can not just officially say he's out. I met Ron during the meet and greets in Vegas, was super friendly and has been great with the fans. I disagree with how he has displayed his displeasure with the other aspects of being in GNR so publicly. Again as the case with DJ, was Ron really an improvement over Buckethead. Like DJ, Ron was great with the fans and doing media, but his Nightrain solo couldn't hold water compared to Bucket's

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2474 on: July 30, 2015, 02:47:40 PM »

I'm still not sure what his status is (sarcasm intended).

I think its dangerous to speculate.

When they have something to announce, they'll announce it.  What part of that don't you get?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2475 on: July 30, 2015, 03:41:23 PM »

If I was given an argument about GNR that I didn't agree with, and my response was that other person must have an empty and unhappy life...you can quote that on up anytime, sport.

I'd call that a fair guess based on a track record. :p

You should be the last guy giving others advice here..... Considering all the times you've lost your "cool"... Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2476 on: July 30, 2015, 03:53:31 PM »

And you'd be wrong.  If you had those posts to produce, you'd produce them.  But you don't, so you so don't.  Not rocket science.

Do I tell you (and some others) some things you don't want to hear?  How things aren't all sunshine and puppy dog tails with this band?  Obviously, I do.

But do I belittle people?  No.  Do I get personal rather than respond on topic?  No.  Do return the same juvenile fire I get from some on the regular?  No.

Because I would be not only be embarrassed to behave in such a manner, I would be even more embarrassed to lay so plain how little I was bringing to the table in terms of a counterargument.

If you think that's wrong, prove me wrong. 

But I'm not too worried about it.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2477 on: July 30, 2015, 04:01:18 PM »

Maybe Ron Is Back In GNR

no

So I Said: MAYBE 

Welcome Back BUCK/ROBIN

Pd. Maybe

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2478 on: July 31, 2015, 02:57:35 AM »

And you'd be wrong.  If you had those posts to produce, you'd produce them.  But you don't, so you so don't.  Not rocket science.

All of your posts? Cheesy

You really wanna argue about this? Aren't you the one who couldn't go to a show because you had nobody to go with? I'm sorry if that doesn't just scream Mr Popular to me...
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, or that you need lots of friends. We're all different. It's life.

And judging by your comments on having your posts moved, you seem to rather detest it. Which makes me believe you like the attention you're getting.

There, I just told you why people might come to those kinds of conclusions. You're welcome. Smiley

Do I tell you (and some others) some things you don't want to hear?  How things aren't all sunshine and puppy dog tails with this band?  Obviously, I do.

But do I belittle people?  No.  Do I get personal rather than respond on topic?  No.  Do return the same juvenile fire I get from some on the regular?  No.

Because I would be not only be embarrassed to behave in such a manner, I would be even more embarrassed to lay so plain how little I was bringing to the table in terms of a counterargument.

If you think that's wrong, prove me wrong. 

But I'm not too worried about it.

You've told me to basically fuck off, you've used plenty of snide remarks and veiled insults in your time. Don't act like you're above everybody else.

I make silly digs at certain posts. It's simple, you come here to spew negativity, then you should be able to take some heat.
If you can't handle it, too bad. It's ironic that you're always the first one to feel offended. If similar comments are aimed at the band,it's fine by you, but if they're aimed at you, you're the first to react.  Smiley

He's focusing on his solo career.

/jarmo

Princess Leia
« Reply #2479 on: July 31, 2015, 04:22:13 AM »

Maybe Ron Is Back In GNR

no

So I Said: MAYBE 

Welcome Back BUCK/ROBIN

Pd. Maybe

There is no maybe. The guy is out of the band and won?t come back. Why he keeps this silly mystery game? It?s just a P.R. move from his part. It is the only way he get fans and media attention. He needs to promote whatever he is doing.

Forget Buckethead. He left in bad terms with Axl. Maybe as bad or worst terms than Slash.

Robin, I don?t know. He has to make up his mind. I don?t want him to be back this year and then leaving the band again 2 years from now.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: