Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:16:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 390443 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1740 on: March 24, 2015, 11:46:35 AM »

Minus, albums.

Don't you ever wake up in the morning and wonder what the fuck you're doing? Whining about a band that's not apparently a band and you like to call a nostalgia act?
And on top of that, you go to a fan site to whine. Just wondering.

AC/DC who keeps making albums using the same 70s mold aren't a so called nostalgia act? I guess because it doesn't work for you. That's the definition of nostalgia. Trying to make something sound like something from the past, nostalgia. Nice try. Better luck next time. If there is a next time...

/jarmo

You know what.. if GNR had put out albums every few years sounding like Appetite... I'd be ok with that.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1741 on: March 24, 2015, 11:47:40 AM »

Well, this got out of hand.

A joke from Emily, a joke from me...and now we are breaking out the Webster's.

Emily took a little dig, I took a little dig.  Let's stop overthinking this, gang.

No one is "overthinking".  Just reading the words on the page....

Emily made a joke on behalf of the "real fans".  I in turn responded with a joke on behalf of the "whiny & entitled".

That's it.  That's the genesis of this.  

Which you then took and ran with for one of your patented "technically...technically, I'm saying..." diatribes.

You are overanalyzing 2 people breaking balls.  For 2 pages now.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1742 on: March 24, 2015, 11:48:09 AM »

Don't you ever wake up in the morning and wonder what the fuck you're doing? Whining about a band that's not apparently a band and you like to call a nostalgia act?

You really think he (or anyone, really) wakes up on any given day and their first thought is about Guns N' Roses or this board?

Hell, any of their first 5 thoughts?  First 10, even.

I get that the guy gets under your skin, but you should at least be able to keep things somewhat real world when you return fire, no?

Well, you know....sometimes you wake up, take a walk in the park...sun coming through your window in the morning, and...it's a beautiful day and you've got nothing better to do than commit Hari Kari.

Oh..you're into that? Tongue

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1743 on: March 24, 2015, 11:48:47 AM »

You really think he (or anyone, really) wakes up on any given day and their first thought is about Guns N' Roses or this board?

I get that the guy gets under your skin, but you should at least be able to keep things somewhat real world when you return fire, no?

No, he doesn't get "under my skin". Please.
Neither do you. Names on a screen. That's all you are. Faceless keyboard warriors who have a high opinion of themselves.

I don't understand your "motivation". I get that it's a way to waste time. But please, consider finding something else. What a waste. Maybe you could solve the conflict in the Middle East if you used your time more wisely instead of whining about how GN'R isn't what you wish! Endless possibilities.  peace

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1744 on: March 24, 2015, 11:48:58 AM »

Well, this got out of hand.

A joke from Emily, a joke from me...and now we are breaking out the Webster's.

Emily took a little dig, I took a little dig.  Let's stop overthinking this, gang.

No one is "overthinking".  Just reading the words on the page....

Emily made a joke on behalf of the "real fans".  I in turn responded with a joke on behalf of the "whiny & entitled".

That's it.  That's the genesis of this.  

Which you then took and ran with for one of your patented "technically...technically, I'm saying..." diatribes.

You are overanalyzing 2 people breaking balls.  For 2 pages now.

So..you're saying you were wrong for the sake of humor?

Well, you  missed the mark on this one.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1745 on: March 24, 2015, 11:49:28 AM »

Well, you know....sometimes you wake up, take a walk in the park...sun coming through your window in the morning, and...it's a beautiful day and you've got nothing better to do than commit Hari Kari.

Oh..you're into that? Tongue

Hahahaha

Great performance of that song though.  I love that concert.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1746 on: March 24, 2015, 11:50:10 AM »

It's only a joke when he loses an argument.

Then it's "haha I made a funny."

Unless you're met with the silent treatment. Two possibilities.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1747 on: March 24, 2015, 11:51:54 AM »

No, he doesn't get "under my skin". Please.
Neither do you. Names on a screen. That's all you are. Faceless keyboard warriors who have a high opinion of themselves.

I don't understand your "motivation". I get that it's a way to waste time. But please, consider finding something else. What a waste. Maybe you could solve the conflict in the Middle East if you used your time more wisely instead of whining about how GN'R isn't what you wish! Endless possibilities.  peace

Very well.

I'll just add this to the rest of the pile of posts where you say the same thing about how light you are taking it.  Again and again and again.

I should get a zip drive.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1748 on: March 24, 2015, 11:53:53 AM »

Emily was pretty clearly breaking balls throwing back some of the verbiage the "whiny & entitled" use.

I responded with Axl's own words to tweak the "real fans".

pilferk took that and ran with it to the point he is now reading us dictionary definitions of what a band is.

And here we are.

As for the silent treatment, look, I can't help that you and Emily follow me around like puppy dogs.  The heart wants what it wants, I suppose.  When you bring something interesting the table, I respond.  When you restate the same tired talking points, I gloss over.

Its not a hard code to crack.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 11:56:30 AM by D-GenerationX » Logged

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1749 on: March 24, 2015, 11:56:50 AM »

Emily was pretty clearly breaking balls throwing back some of the verbiage the "whiny & entitled" use.

I responded with Axl's own words to tweak the "real fans".

pilferk took that and ran with it to the point he is now reading us dictionary definitions of what a band is.

And here we are.

Well, you know...my biggest worry is the level and amount of content around here.....so I takes em as I gets em.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1750 on: March 24, 2015, 11:57:05 AM »

Does Iomega even still exist?  And are zip drives even still a thing? I'm assuming all those archive nuts from 15 years ago still have storage cabinets packed full of them, so.....

OT, I know.....

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1751 on: March 24, 2015, 11:58:42 AM »

Does Iomega even still exist?  And are zip drives even still a thing? I'm assuming all those archive nuts from 15 years ago still have storage cabinets packed full of them, so.....

OT, I know.....

Haha

Yeah, I don't even know.  Its one of those terms that should probably be retired, like "broken record".

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1752 on: March 24, 2015, 12:22:19 PM »

You're a nostalgia act! And not a real fan!

Just like you guys are able to blurt out "it's a nostalgia act" and "it's not a band" about GN'R, others can do the same to you. Smiley

By the way, what you should get is a diary. Then you can write in it daily about how you can't understand why Axl doesn't realize you know what's good for him and how it makes you frustrated. Cheesy
But then you'd have to show it to people to get attention.....  hihi

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 12:36:38 PM by jarmo » Logged

mortismurphy
« Reply #1753 on: March 24, 2015, 07:03:34 PM »

Minus, albums.

AC/DC who keeps making albums using the same 70s mold aren't a so called nostalgia act? I guess because it doesn't work for you. That's the definition of nostalgia. Trying to make something sound like something from the past, nostalgia. Nice try. Better luck next time. If there is a next time...

/jarmo

When have I have ever stated such? I would actually have more respect for Axl if he put out a weird sounding techno record and annoyed his concert paying fanbase that way. (Oh My God was one of the best new songs afterall). Remember this guy Jarmo,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Xhw5ILqTM

Now you have, glitter balls.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1754 on: March 24, 2015, 07:32:35 PM »

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.

When you have said AC/DC isn't a nostalgia act because they release albums?

Here:

Even bands who have a setlist geared towards nostalgia such as AC/DC and Kiss cannot be included since they both release albums.

So let me explain it to you once more. When you put out albums, that are supposed to sound pretty much like all your albums since the 1970s, in essence, that's nostalgia for the past.
Doesn't matter how many new albums you put out when they're all trying to sound like those 1970s albums! Nostalgia!

This is just another thing for the whiners to bring up. I don't recall this being an issue in 2004 when Greatest Hits was released. Only now.

Why don't you find a picture of yourself from a time when you were happy and ask yourself if you remember that guy? Because nobody here does.

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #1755 on: March 24, 2015, 07:42:39 PM »

Well for a start, Black Ice was a different animal from every DC album that proceeded it. Angus gets out a bottleneck on Stormy May Day and Brian sings in his (natural) soul voice, which he had not done since Geordie. The notion that DC 'put out the same album' is only partially true. There are actually significant differences in albums. Razors Edge was slick for example. Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip were blues albums. Black Ice saw a return to the 'rock anthems'. I do not see your point here. Secondly, DC have 17 studio albums. Axl on has five (of original material) - and I am being generous here by including the Lies EP. The fact that DC have included new material into their current setlist (RnR Train, Anything Goes, War Machine) is highly impressive for an act with that number of recognisable songs under their belt. What new material is Axl including in his setlists? None, because he does not even have a new album out.

Even Kiss usually include two songs from their new albums!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1756 on: March 24, 2015, 08:41:31 PM »

Well for a start, Black Ice was a different animal from every DC album that proceeded it. Angus gets out a bottleneck on Stormy May Day and Brian sings in his (natural) soul voice, which he had not done since Geordie. The notion that DC 'put out the same album' is only partially true. There are actually significant differences in albums. Razors Edge was slick for example. Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip were blues albums. Black Ice saw a return to the 'rock anthems'. I do not see your point here. Secondly, DC have 17 studio albums. Axl on has five (of original material) - and I am being generous here by including the Lies EP. The fact that DC have included new material into their current setlist (RnR Train, Anything Goes, War Machine) is highly impressive for an act with that number of recognisable songs under their belt. What new material is Axl including in his setlists? None, because he does not even have a new album out.

Even Kiss usually include two songs from their new albums!

You have no real grasp of reality, no real points that bear addressing, you are clearly delusional.

What AC/DC do, and what KISS does have absolutely no bearing on what GNR does or how and when they release albums- apples and oranges.

Here's an idea, why don't you go Moan and whine on an AC/DC forum, you won't be missed.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1757 on: March 24, 2015, 08:49:05 PM »

Yeah, they put new songs in their setlist.  And still promote their new material and seem to still give a shit.

But as for seeing a lot of difference in what they do, album to album?  I just don't see that.  Never have.

They are my standard goto joke for any band that repeats itself for a reason.  Not a band brimming with diversity.   

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1758 on: March 24, 2015, 08:53:22 PM »

The fact that DC have included new material into their current setlist (RnR Train, Anything Goes, War Machine) is highly impressive

Yeah, very impressive that their current (?) setlist has songs from their 2008 album. What the hell are you smoking? The band isn't even on tour currently and yet here you are talking about a current setlist.
Maybe you need to go discuss this amazing thing over at some AC/DC fan site.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1759 on: March 24, 2015, 08:56:41 PM »

Never saw them live.

Figure I have to hit this next tour because it may be it, right?  Think they go on?

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: