Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:41:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2014 Fantasy Football
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014 Fantasy Football  (Read 22477 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« on: August 24, 2014, 07:54:55 PM »

I re-registered the league a few weeks back and we've got 8 teams so far. Could use at least 2 or more.

This should be the link to the page for anyone interested. Newcomers welcome, as well as returnees.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/566465/settings

In case that link doesn't work it's through yahoo obviously.  The league ID is 566465 and I believe the password is china. The draft is online on Tuesday 9/2 at 9:30pm. So let's get to it!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 07:56:47 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 09:39:32 PM »

We're at 11.  Need 1 more.  Any takers?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 04:41:52 PM »

My squad got a C- grade from yahoo.
Oh well!  Ya never know.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 04:57:36 PM »

I couldn't make the draft last night, but I pre-ranked a bunch of players ahead of time. All things considered, I'm pretty happy with my team.

Here Today . . .
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 03:22:13 PM »

I lost by 2 hundredths of a point this past week. What the fuck is that shit? God damnit, fucking bs.  rant

Just can't believe it was that close. Damnit.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 07:54:05 PM »

hmmm....it's August 2nd...methinks my luck is calling!  The '07-'11 Fantasy Champ likes this pattern going into '15!!!
 hihi
Any chance of a '15 league happening?

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 08:08:37 PM »

hmmm....it's August 2nd...methinks my luck is calling!  The '07-'11 Fantasy Champ likes this pattern going into '15!!!
 hihi

Id be down.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 09:14:55 PM »

hihi
I resubmitted the league and you should have received an email with an invite back. I don't think anyone else has joined yet. But it'll be here before you know it. I'll post the info here, but check your spam, it should've come from yahoo.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 09:42:44 PM »

hihi

Id be down.
This should be all the relevant info.

Custom League URL:   http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/shacklersrevenge

League ID#:   135067

Password - china. I think

Edit - Past members, let me know if you plan on rejoining or not, so I can have an idea on numbers. And any newbies are always welcome.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:50:53 PM by faldor » Logged

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 07:22:56 PM »

hihi

Id be down.

Custom League URL:   http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/shacklersrevenge

Edit - Past members, let me know if you plan on rejoining or not, so I can have an idea on numbers. And any newbies are always welcome.

Hey Faldor,
It looks like the draft is set up for the 1st Sunday of the season.
Any chance we can do it before the season starts?
 peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 12:23:28 AM »

hihi

Id be down.

Hey Faldor,
It looks like the draft is set up for the 1st Sunday of the season.
Any chance we can do it before the season starts?
 peace
Absolutely, did I make that mistake? I'll go fix it.

The season starts Sept. 10th. I'll be there opening night to see the Pats raise that banner. The draft is set for Sunday the 6th. We can change it if need be, but it is scheduled before opening night.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 12:27:40 AM by faldor » Logged

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 08:37:55 PM »

We currently have 12 teams, which is good. The split isn't even though. We've got 5 teams from here (HTGTH), and 7 from GNRevo. We'd need 2 more teams from this site to even things out. I doubt that'll happen, but I'll give it a week to finalize everything.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2015, 10:30:05 AM »

In my $$ league, I've got a decision to make, no pick-ups allowed...I either have to roll with Isaiah Crowell or Alfred Blue.
I'm leaning Crowell.  I know they are up against the Jets tough D, but with West gone and Duke Johnson coming off an injury, I am thinking he's a lock for at least 15 carries.
As for Blue, yes, the Texans are at home, but will Grimes and Polk vulture carries?  The Chiefs D is no slouch either.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 11:38:54 AM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2015, 11:19:09 AM »

In my $$ league, I've got a decision to make, no pick-ups allowed...I either have to roll with Isaiah Crowell or Alfred Blue.
I'm leaning Crowell.  I know they are up against the Jets tough D, but with West gone and Duke Johnson coming off an injury, I am thinking he's a lock for at least 15 carries.
As for Blue, yes, the Texans are at home, but will Grimes and Polk vulture carries?  The Chiefs D is no slouch either.

Any thoughts?

I think you are right with Crowell, he just seem to be a guy that will get more opportunity.

As for me, I'm doing free drafts kings for the first time. Never done much salary cap fantasy and have never done 1 week fantasy so it weird. I went Sam Bradford, Eddie Lacy, Joseph Randle, Doug Martin, Dovante Adams, Jeremy Maclin, Jordan Mathews, Jordan Cameron, Doug Martin, Bucs Defense. I'm interested to see how I do. Hoping to win a little money to play the $3 money games they have.

Do you guys do draft kings or anything similar?

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2015, 11:58:30 PM »

Any thoughts?

I think you are right with Crowell, he just seem to be a guy that will get more opportunity.

As for me, I'm doing free drafts kings for the first time. Never done much salary cap fantasy and have never done 1 week fantasy so it weird. I went Sam Bradford, Eddie Lacy, Joseph Randle, Doug Martin, Dovante Adams, Jeremy Maclin, Jordan Mathews, Jordan Cameron, Doug Martin, Bucs Defense. I'm interested to see how I do. Hoping to win a little money to play the $3 money games they have.

Ouch, Bucs D didn't fare so well today.
Personally, I'm too cheap to do the popular 1-day fantasy games (not that I'm opposed to gambling, which it is) I just keep my one money league south of $5 per week entry fee.  That's enough "skin in the game" to keep everybody active and engaged in my fantasy league. (18th season, very little turnover which is good)

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 09:15:24 AM »

Any thoughts?
I had the same decision to make and went with Blue. Started Crowell in our league though, over Rashad Jennings. Bad move there. Neither Blue or Crowell were very impressive. Texans looked real disappointing, and the Browns crumbled once McCown went out.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2015, 04:41:55 PM »

Any thoughts?
I had the same decision to make and went with Blue. Started Crowell in our league though, over Rashad Jennings. Bad move there. Neither Blue or Crowell were very impressive. Texans looked real disappointing, and the Browns crumbled once McCown went out.

Thank God in my money league I don't have to worry about Crowell or Blue for long.
I've got Jamaal Charles...and when they get healthy, I've got Arian the Barbarian, and Todd Gurley both stashed.
With Luck, Cobb, Julio, and Olsen/Eifert, I'm positioned pretty well moving forward!
As long as Hyde doesn't go off tonight and Julio does well, I should be able to go 1-0.  I feel like I'm stealing a win early as my opponent had Flacco (0), Watkins (0) and Forsett (5)!
Fun stuff.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 06:50:46 PM »

Any thoughts?

Ouch, Bucs D didn't fare so well today.
Personally, I'm too cheap to do the popular 1-day fantasy games (not that I'm opposed to gambling, which it is) I just keep my one money league south of $5 per week entry fee.  That's enough "skin in the game" to keep everybody active and engaged in my fantasy league. (18th season, very little turnover which is good)

This was my first time doing 1-Day Fantasy. Thankfully they had a 100% free game on Draftkings that didn't require payment or any deposit to get but can still pay some if you do really good. So that's cool. They have another one going this week. Hoping I do much better.

I forgot the draft time in our Yahoo League, so probably like 2 years ago I end at the bottom. Not like I did much better last year in the middle of the pack after drafting. At least I kicked ass with my friends in our money League. Keenan Allen, Brady and Matt Forte kicked some ass for me yesterday.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 09:54:10 PM »

^ Forte, the man never dies!  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2015, 12:48:54 AM »

Can't believe I missed out on Andy Dalton as a bye week fill in this week. Didn't even notice he was dropped the same day I picked up Flacco. It probably won't matter much. My lineup is lacking this week, but I'd think Andy will top the 8 points that Jumpball Joe got me. That kind of output from your QB won't win you too many match ups.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: