Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:44:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)  (Read 246062 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1480 on: November 15, 2014, 08:57:17 AM »

You people, the ones lacking a sense of humour

Also, you might be the funniest motherfucker on the planet but "Axl's not gonna show up" isn't gonna get you a lot of originality awards at the GN'R humor awards in 2014.

This is, what we call in Britain, 'banter', idle quasi-comedic discussions among strangers (when waiting for Axl). This is not the Edinburgh Festival. Maybe if you removed yourself from Del James's dressing room for a change, you would hear how the majority of fans act and think out in the lobbies.

Del James' dressing room? You're one funny old chum.

I don't care what you call it. It's still not anything original. To me it's a boring old joke. Doesn't matter how much it makes you laugh while you're in the lobby pining to get to fly with the piano. 

Maybe you still don't get it. If you repeat the same joke thousands of times to a person, it might lose it's fun. People might just shrug their shoulders at it. I'm glad you find it a meaningful way to pass the time! And funny.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 08:59:29 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #1481 on: November 15, 2014, 10:02:46 AM »

If you repeat the same joke thousands of times to a person, it might lose it's fun. People might just shrug their shoulders at it.

Kind of like the band's set list?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1482 on: November 15, 2014, 11:13:12 AM »

I actually like the songs....

Also, your "complaint " is as original as the original joke. Hey, maybe you guys can bring that up next time you're in the lobby partaking in the so called banter..... Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #1483 on: November 15, 2014, 02:59:42 PM »

Yeah, I can just imagine Jarmo hiding out in Del James' dressing room, looking in the mirror and practicing his "disapproving look" while deciding which cross to borrow from Axl's rosary collection.

"Are you ready brother Del? It's time for us to go out among the heathens. Did you bring your holy water?". Meanwhile Axl is not practicing or caring much about the show, he's just playing Nintendo or some shit. Jarmo and Del walk into his room. "Are you ready to face the hoard my lord?" "No, I need more time. Looks like I'll be late again." "But the non believers, they'll-" "I Don't give a damn what the non believers will say! This thing needs to be done right, with integrity!".

Axl continues to play the jetbike level of Battletoads, crashes into a wall, loses a life, and begins passionately singing the lyrics of "Sorry" to the wall. "I'm sorry for yoooouuuu, not sorry for meeeeee, it was your fault and not mine that you crashed into meeee--- God damn it,  fuck this game! Beeeetaaaa, where's my chocolate milk!?"

Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 01:14:41 AM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1484 on: November 21, 2014, 03:53:01 PM »

Yes, I will admit I didn't realize the small club tour done out of the goodness of their hearts was quite that many cities.  I was wrong about that, and you would have to consider that a tour.

If hell freezes over and they release an album to tour behind, it would be my hope they can do a little better than playing venues of the size they were playing in 1987 on the way up.  I would find it disheartening if that's all they could fill.

Sorry for bringing up an old post here, but I am spending a few hrs reading some old threads. 

I don't know what the hate is with the fact that guns played a lot of smaller venue/bar style shows? 

As a fan love it!!  There is no better place I have seen bands play than in smaller clubs/bars/theaters..   I wish I would have been lucky enough to see guns play in the bars of LA in the mid to late 80s.  I was however lucky enough to see them in Vegas in a smaller venue.  There is actually smaller more intimate ones out there that I wish they would play, in Vegas.  Wish I got to see those New Years eve shows from around 10 years back from the house of blues....     

But ya, some of my best concert memories are of seeing big name bands in smaller places...  I have seen bands in huge festivals and good sized stadiums and arenas as well and as that is fine as well for what they are, I rather see a band play a bar venue any day.

Now if the debate is if it makes good business sense for them to play these smaller shows and they only reason they are is because they couldn't sell out arenas or stadiums.  That's for a different time..   But all I know as a fan of live music, I have never once passed up the chance to see one of my fav musicians play in a smaller place, but I have passed on chances of seeing some of my fav artists play bigger shows..
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #1485 on: November 21, 2014, 05:19:16 PM »

I don't think it's that anyone dislikes the small shows. Some folks just point them out as a kind of indicator that Guns is not as popular as they were in their heyday. The argument is that if old Guns stayed together or Axl did a better job managing Guns they would consistently be able to sell more tickets. I don't exactly agree with that perspective, but yeah, it exists.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1486 on: November 21, 2014, 05:39:33 PM »

I don't think it's that anyone dislikes the small shows. Some folks just point them out as a kind of indicator that Guns is not as popular as they were in their heyday. The argument is that if old Guns stayed together or Axl did a better job managing Guns they would consistently be able to sell more tickets. I don't exactly agree with that perspective, but yeah, it exists.

I don't really understand the logic in pointing out that there is less tickets sold in smaller venues than in bigger ones.   I am all for debating things, but this almost comes off as people that cant be happy with anything.  It would be like your kids coming home with a B+ in math and then instead of praising that, you say, well you know a A+ would of been much better...   As you know small venues and big ones are two different things and there is no RECENT proof that guns have even tried to book an North America arena tour.  So there is no real way to know if they would sell out arenas no anyways.  All we have is stats from years ago...   I for one am happy if they play a small, med or large concert, just as long as its a concert!!  They could play at bobs local dinner for all I care as long as can see them!! 

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #1487 on: November 21, 2014, 05:51:11 PM »

Yeah, fault finding is a pretty effortless business but also an effective way to spark conversation on the forums so it at least has that value. But yeah, I'm generally always on the opposite side of the fence.
 beer

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1488 on: November 21, 2014, 06:27:44 PM »

Yeah, fault finding is a pretty effortless business but also an effective way to spark conversation on the forums so it at least has that value. But yeah, I'm generally always on the opposite side of the fence.
 beer

I am all for discussion and debate over things.  I find the whole, the older line up of guns would draw more fans than the new line up, rather silly though.

I am sure the crowds would of been huge for them, why wouldn't they be.  In my local market here, just this week, both Fleetwood mac and the crue both sold out the arena for a one off show, with new album really to support...   

However I think the original lineup would not of lasted this long.  Its mean to say but I think half of them would of ended up dead.  Just for example   Velvet revolver had some pretty good success after there first album and the cheques started rolling in for the boys.  Durring there tour old problems came back to haunt them and most of that band ended up in rehab!!  Just think of what would of happened in the mid 90s early 00s If the original band was around touring.  Sad to think but I cant seem them being around. 

Then just think that Axl would be the last one around like now and he didn't get a chance to get started with a new band till say 10 years later than he did.  We might still be waiting for the release of CD!   

So when we debate concert sizes I take it with a grain of salt.  I am just glad the member of guns with the best ear for music and how guns should sound remains and we get to see them play live still!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1489 on: November 21, 2014, 07:33:29 PM »

Yes, I will admit I didn't realize the small club tour done out of the goodness of their hearts was quite that many cities.  I was wrong about that, and you would have to consider that a tour.

If hell freezes over and they release an album to tour behind, it would be my hope they can do a little better than playing venues of the size they were playing in 1987 on the way up.  I would find it disheartening if that's all they could fill.

Sorry for bringing up an old post here, but I am spending a few hrs reading some old threads. 

I don't know what the hate is with the fact that guns played a lot of smaller venue/bar style shows?

I don't quite recall what this particular thread of conversation was around (they all sort of run together) but I think we were talking about overall demand of the band, present day.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #1490 on: November 21, 2014, 09:37:29 PM »

"Then just think that Axl would be the last one around like now and he didn't get a chance to get started with a new band till say 10 years later than he did.  We might still be waiting for the release of CD!   

So when we debate concert sizes I take it with a grain of salt.  I am just glad the member of guns with the best ear for music and how guns should sound remains and we get to see them play live still!" -BaconMan

That is a really good point baconman! Yeah I feel like maybe it's taken for granted that everything would have went smoothly if old Guns stayed intact.

And yes, I too am glad that the member of Guns with the best ear for both music and how Guns should sound is still at the helm and couldn't have said it better myself.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1491 on: November 21, 2014, 11:50:13 PM »

Oh, its a very valid point.

That was one combustible bunch.  In a lot of ways, you could make the argument what we got out of them might have been all they were going to do.

I always say about the classic band...I have no bad memories.  There was no lackluster album or shitty tour.  Total shooting star principle.  Burned real bright, but real quick,...yet as a result, its all gold.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #1492 on: November 22, 2014, 06:32:38 AM »

Hmm, TSI is a rotten album - granted, it is only a covers record.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1493 on: November 22, 2014, 10:31:03 AM »

Agree....SI pretty much stinks, once they re-recorded Izzy parts (the first time this reared it's ugly head!) and got away from the 4 song punk ep idea, I lost interest. Here is the original ideas for UYI and the punk ep from Slash in Rolling Stone...Jan 1991

How much material have you recorded so far?
Thirty-five songs. Thirty-five of the most self-indulgent Guns N? Roses songs? It?s a lot of material to work with ? like four albums? worth. For most bands, it would take four to six years to come up with this much stuff.

An EP is probably the direction we?re going to go as far as some of the covers are concerned. There are six covers: ?Live and Let Die,? by Wings, ?Knockin? on Heaven?s Door,? by Dylan -that new version [on the soundtrack for Days of Thunder] that went nowhere -?Don?t Care About You,? by Fear, ?Attitude,? by the Misfits, ?New Rose,? by the Damned, and ?Down on the Farm,? by U.K. Subs.

I would have just been happy with the original recordings for the 4 song ep. If they had known they were going to record more songs, then they could have just saved KOHD and LALD for SI...taken those 2 off UYI so the albums are all original material.

Aye, sorry for rambling, I just don't like when people say SI is a studio album by GNR. Lies isn't a proper LP/album either. It is two ep's combined.
To me, Gnr has 4 albums..AFD, UYI1, UYI2, AND CD...proper albums of 99% original material.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 10:34:30 AM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1494 on: November 22, 2014, 02:46:34 PM »

Agree....SI pretty much stinks, once they re-recorded Izzy parts (the first time this reared it's ugly head!) and got away from the 4 song punk ep idea, I lost interest. Here is the original ideas for UYI and the punk ep from Slash in Rolling Stone...Jan 1991

How much material have you recorded so far?
Thirty-five songs. Thirty-five of the most self-indulgent Guns N? Roses songs? It?s a lot of material to work with ? like four albums? worth. For most bands, it would take four to six years to come up with this much stuff.

An EP is probably the direction we?re going to go as far as some of the covers are concerned. There are six covers: ?Live and Let Die,? by Wings, ?Knockin? on Heaven?s Door,? by Dylan -that new version [on the soundtrack for Days of Thunder] that went nowhere -?Don?t Care About You,? by Fear, ?Attitude,? by the Misfits, ?New Rose,? by the Damned, and ?Down on the Farm,? by U.K. Subs.

I would have just been happy with the original recordings for the 4 song ep. If they had known they were going to record more songs, then they could have just saved KOHD and LALD for SI...taken those 2 off UYI so the albums are all original material.

Aye, sorry for rambling, I just don't like when people say SI is a studio album by GNR. Lies isn't a proper LP/album either. It is two ep's combined.
To me, Gnr has 4 albums..AFD, UYI1, UYI2, AND CD...proper albums of 99% original material.

I am actually a big fan of lies.  It is like 90 percent original material    It contains one of guns biggest selling singles of all time  and flows pretty seemless as a good rock album.   

Tsi may be my least fave of all guns released material. Imo it became to polished and cleaned up to be a true punk tribute album.  It is one indication were less production would of been better.   However there are a few killer tracks on the album   I just love there version of down on the farm and was shitting myself when I got to hear it live just a few. Years back.   Great stuff!
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1495 on: November 22, 2014, 02:55:14 PM »

TSI sounds like more of a glam rock record than a punk rock record. I love Lies but it isn't really an "album". 2 four song ep's....

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1496 on: November 22, 2014, 03:10:35 PM »

TSI sounds like more of a glam rock record than a punk rock record. I love Lies but it isn't really an "album". 2 four song ep's....

Haha I really don't know what qualifies something as am album, but mb two 4 track lps combined equals one album.    I havnt studied album math in a while.   All I know is lies is the perfect example of putting minimal amount of effort into something for maximum amount of results.   From all that I have read it really didn't take them much time and they really didn't out a whole lot of energy into this piece of music.  And what we got was just fantastic!   Sold millions all over the world and have us a few iconic songs    It's pretty unreal the more you think of it
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #1497 on: November 22, 2014, 03:22:17 PM »

Lies would be my second favorite release from the band after Chinese. They really struck while the iron was hot with that one. It's interesting how the same record that brought us Patience also brought us I used to love her but I had to kill her. And oh man, One in a Million is just so fuckin' badass!

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #1498 on: November 27, 2014, 03:02:58 PM »

Well, in his latest chat, Dj revealed that Guns is touring next year.
Unfortunately he did not say there would be a new album.  Undecided
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1499 on: November 27, 2014, 03:15:20 PM »

Well, in his latest chat, Dj revealed that Guns is touring next year.
Unfortunately he did not say there would be a new album.  Undecided

Or he didnt say they working on one as well...  Mixing, etc....

I actually the band member, other than Axl, not to comment on the status of new material, or working on it, etc...   I beleve they are really out of the loop of the process.  And to me, it comes off as miss leading.

The news from him that Guns will be touring next year.   I can support that and actually see that happening, so that is possitive.

I would hope for a full Canadian tour again.  They havnt done that in years.  When they did do it, they got some of there stroggest crowds to date.   They also gave the fans, so of the best setlists ever of music!!!
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: