Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:04:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy 2
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy 2  (Read 13296 times)
rizzo160
VIP

« on: November 16, 2014, 08:39:58 AM »

Hello my fellow GNR fans,

It looks really promising that the new album will be released in 2015.  Its refreshing to see Dizzy and others speak about the progress of the new album.
I really respect the opinions of the moderators and the core members of this site.

I feel that the new album will be released in November of 2015, in that Axl is now putting together the tracks.

Do you guys think CD will come out In:

A. Spring of 2015
B. Summer of 2015
C. November 2015
D. 2016

I am really looking forward to CD 2, it sounds like it will be harder and meaner. 

Rizzo160
tormod
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 08:50:25 AM »

E. 2021
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 09:01:36 AM »

We have heard all this before. And with the status of Bumblefoot still possibly up in the air, at this point I don't even try to guess....

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 10:22:02 AM »

Dj and Dizzy have been saying this every year since 2011.

Personally, I think it's cruel.
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 11:06:28 AM »

Don't know, don't care. I'll be listening to AFD, UYI forever.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 12:57:45 PM »

Leave Me Alone

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 02:49:14 PM »

Hard to say, but it seems like there has been some progress. If there is a new album ready for release soon, i wonder ehen we will get the "theme" for the album. Like the album title.. Whats the name of the next album? Conceptalbum or not? Some refs. refs. from the artwork, album title, sont titles etc. When this kind of info about a new album will be avalibe, then i guess "soon" is the word.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 03:16:36 PM »

While that kind of info (album titles, album artwork, song titles) would be neat to have, I think it will be even cooler if it's all left as a surprise up until the release. Imagine if not a single song leaked up until the release, that sure would be sweet. Privacy is basically non existent nowadays though so GNR would really need to be taking some kind of ground breaking approach if they wanted to avoid leaks altogether. I really hope it happens though.

My guess is that it will be out sometime in 2015. Maybe summer? Although it would be the ultimate Christmas gift if it came out some time in December.  Wink

The way Dizzy is talking about it, it sounds like it is in the final stages. I'm just curious how they are going to profit from it considering 2014 has been the worst year for album sales of all time (if I'm not mistaken). But at the same time, if these are older songs done around the time CD songs were done, then most of the production costs may have already been covered so maybe that is not the biggest concern at this point if the record company already broke even with most of the money they invested into the recordings from the best buy deal.

A wal mart exclusive would be a sweet deal, maybe even their best bet at this point if wal mart was willing to do it, but again, not sure how well physical cds sell these days. Where I am located (Arizona State University in Tempe) most people seem to just look up the music they want to hear for free on youtube or soundcloud with their phones or computer. People don't really seem to be into albums, just listening to the particular songs they like from whatever artists. How does one make money off of that? Maybe itunes? If it's somehow possible though, then I'm sure GNR will find a way to do it. The singles from the album are going to be very important because those are generally the only songs 99% of people will have a chance to know about. Youngins just don't seem to have the attention span to sit through a full album these days which is unfortunate because I think that is the way to get the most out of the band's previous release and I'm guessing that will be the same with the next release as well.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 04:52:40 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 10:28:41 AM »

The others saying anything is the very definition of meaningless.  They've been telling us that same unfounded shit for years now.

Axl talking about it changes the game.  If it is ever going to happen, it wasn't until he got moving on it.  His last interview suggests he is.

Pretty much beyond useless to speculate on an actual date, but I would put it like this.  It needs to come out before they go back on tour, whenever that is.  Touring will take a few months at the least, and then you need time to decompress after, which is natural.  So if its not out by the time the touring cranks back up, you are looking at at least another year.

But, at that point, its also well within reason to wonder if it ever comes out.  Its been YEARS here.  Some of these songs have been done for a decade plus.  And there have been plenty instances between touring where some headway could have been made on this, yet has not been.  If we go an extended downtime now (last show was 6/7/14), coupled with Axl actually talking about moving on this finally, to emerge from all that with no progress being made...there might be your answer to how interested Axl really is in moving forward as an artist.

If its back on the road for another round of the Appetite For Lies & Illusions Of Democracy tour....that's probably all they are going forward.  Might as well make our peace with it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 11:03:43 AM »

I will give it until, earlyish next year (say, Feb, March) to hear new news. If it is another Vegas job or South American cash grab, well that is probably it forevermore: New GNR are officially, solely, a touring band. If we hear some sort of statement on the album, then, you can probably start making some sort of vague predictions (2016, 2017) and getting a bit interested in the whole process again.

One other thing. The Bumblefoot thing is also still hanging in the air.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 11:20:10 AM »

It needs to come out before they go back on tour, whenever that is.

Something of a pre-emptive strike here.

I wrote a several paragraph post that introduced a number of points of discussion.

But, if I know this place, some will seize on my phrasing of this one line.  We will not talk about any of the other stuff I said, but will instead focus on what a spoiled, entitled, greedy motherfucker I must be...and why can't I be more like you without a care in the world and does not care if it doesn't come out until 2041.

Let's not dwell on my phrasing.  The word "needs" in that sentence is strictly in the context of "if you expect it anytime soon."

Please, please, please...let's not get sucked into misdirection to avoid talking about the actual issue.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 11:22:31 AM »

''Axl does not owe you anything''.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 11:27:14 AM »

''Axl does not owe you anything''.

Oh yeah, it writes itself.  It's a goto move.

And then we'll spend three pages talking about what awful fans some of us are, especially if it means not having to confront the possibility this is another big tease.

Misdirection, FTW.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 12:56:21 PM »

Ah, this is also a goto move.  I'm kind of disappointed in myself for not seeing it coming.

Oh well.  Just more time to talk about Happy Chris Day, I suppose.  Focus on the positive.

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 01:20:51 PM »

Ah, this is also a goto move.  I'm kind of disappointed in myself for not seeing it coming.

Oh well.  Just more time to talk about Happy Chris Day, I suppose.  Focus on the positive.

The truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 01:22:59 PM »

Lot of quirky things about this place, but discussion of the band's new album being shuffled off to the nuisance section has to rank up there.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 01:25:25 PM »

Going back to discussing the name soon?
I think it's been a few days since the last time...

Lot of quirky things about this place, but discussion of the band's new album being shuffled off to the nuisance section has to rank up there.

If you can't contain your excitement to one thread, this is what happens.

Yet another "It's not coming out when I want it to" thread isn't exactly super exciting at this point.

Mr Positivity.

On topic, I think it'll be out when it's ready to come out.  Tongue
Not ruling out anything. Unlike some who have already decided 2015 is a "no way". hihi

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 01:26:56 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 01:29:22 PM »

If it doesn't come out soon, that doesn't mean its not going to come out at all. Any number of things could get in the way of a release that may be independent of Axl's interest in moving forward as an artist. What those reasons may be I don't know but if you can speculate that the reason for a possible delay will lie in Axl's lack of interest (based off what, I don't know), then it's fair for me to speculate that it may be something else entirely.  Wink

I don't think they tease us on purpose. Maybe when they say stuff like this it really does look to them like the album will be out soon. And hell, maybe it actually will!

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 01:30:38 PM »

Jarmo, just promise us that you'll let us know when discussion of the new album in the big room will get the go ahead.

People actually seem excited about it, but probably best to stick it in here where you hide all the other shit you don't want a light shined upon.

So...what are you doing for Chris Day?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 01:32:34 PM »

If it doesn't come out soon, that doesn't mean its not going to come out at all. Any number of things could get in the way of a release that may be independent of Axl's interest in moving forward as an artist. What those reasons may be I don't know but if you can speculate that the reason for a possible delay will lie in Axl's lack of interest (based off what, I don't know), then it's fair for me to speculate that it may be something else entirely.  Wink

It's all part of the masterplan, I suppose. 

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: