Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:04:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Rocket Queen 2002 - 2014
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocket Queen 2002 - 2014  (Read 20367 times)
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« on: November 23, 2014, 03:27:57 PM »

I clearly miss Chris Pitmans input in the 2014 version. What is your opinion?

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 04:18:26 PM »

Both versions are great. 02 has the Pitman crazyness and the brain groove so in this case if i have to choose ill take the 02 one

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 08:30:44 PM »

I'm still a little unclear on what Chris Pittman actually...does.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 09:15:58 PM »

He joined the band as their second keyboarder and additional bassist and as a songwriter.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 08:22:32 AM »

He joined the band as their second keyboarder and additional bassist and as a songwriter.

Oh no, I understand the job titles.

But of you lifted him right out, would the difference be all that stark?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 09:50:16 PM »

I think Pitman is one of those guys that's all in the details. Didn't Axl discover him when he was hooking up speakers at Axl's house one night or something along those lines? I think he makes a lot of the cool/trippy electronic/digital shit that makes it sound like weird unknown forces are moving around in your speakers happen. If that's what he does then I can't live without em.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 10:33:58 PM »

That version from Rocket Queen is way better than any post-2002 version.
Richards slide guitar, Bucketheads guitar solo at the end, the rythm section, Pitmans synth sounds... I really miss that line up...

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 02:48:22 AM »

They made the song their own, which is cool.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 06:06:42 AM »

Was listening to the cds from the appetite for destruction set the other day through headphones - you can hear quite a bit of his input doing that. Plenty of effects and samples being triggered behind the music. That's listening closely though!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 12:14:06 PM »

Was listening to the cds from the appetite for destruction set the other day through headphones - you can hear quite a bit of his input doing that. Plenty of effects and samples being triggered behind the music. That's listening closely though!

You mean Appetite for Democracy?

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 04:04:57 PM »

Yeah I do- sorry! Force of habit typing appetite for destruction I reckon!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 11:38:01 PM »

I'm glad that they kept his synth sounds on Nightrain during the NITL tour. I don't wanna miss them. They give the song something special.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 11:41:10 PM by Sosso » Logged

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 01:19:01 AM »

I'm glad that they kept his synth sounds on Nightrain during the NITL tour. I don't wanna miss them. They give the song something special.

Honestly how can you be sure what is him/Mellissa and what is Dizzy when it comes to synth parts added to Appetite songs where Dizzy isn't playing a traditional piano backing track?

I'm not saying they (Chris/Mellissa) aren't playing what you mention I'm just wondering how you tell them apart.

I think though where Mellissa really strengthens the sound is with her backing vocals. She has sort of morphed in the Michael Anthony (to drop a Van Halen reference) of the new lineup. I always thought the one 'weak' spot of the CD Era lineup were the vocals of Chris, Robin, and Tommy. While I wasn't in love with all of the members they were all amazing musically except for backing vocals.
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2017, 04:49:52 PM »

Honestly how can you be sure what is him/Mellissa and what is Dizzy when it comes to synth parts added to Appetite songs where Dizzy isn't playing a traditional piano backing track?

I'm not saying they (Chris/Mellissa) aren't playing what you mention I'm just wondering how you tell them apart.

I think though where Mellissa really strengthens the sound is with her backing vocals. She has sort of morphed in the Michael Anthony (to drop a Van Halen reference) of the new lineup. I always thought the one 'weak' spot of the CD Era lineup were the vocals of Chris, Robin, and Tommy. While I wasn't in love with all of the members they were all amazing musically except for backing vocals.

Because Dizzy plays piano and keyboards, while the synthesizer/sampler duties are by Chris and Melissa.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 02:57:08 PM »

Because Dizzy plays piano and keyboards, while the synthesizer/sampler duties are by Chris and Melissa.

Dizzy plays Piano, Organ, Synth, and percussion live. Again not saying you aren't hearing Chris, It's just that in a song without Piano or keys, Dizzy could be playing synth fills.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 03:26:32 PM »

I always thought the one 'weak' spot of the CD Era lineup were the vocals of Chris, Robin, and Tommy. While I wasn't in love with all of the members they were all amazing musically except for backing vocals.

Robins vocals were the shit man! Brownstone, Madagscar. I loved it

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 06:27:22 PM »

Robins vocals were the shit man! Brownstone, Madagscar. I loved it

I think you meant:
Robins vocals were the shit man! Brownstone, Madagascar.

You're welcome... Smiley
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 10:39:52 PM »

I really like the way how the 2001/2002 line ups performed the AfD and Lies songs, especially Welcome To The Jungle, Nightrain, It's so easy, Mr. Brownstone, Patience... they sounded different but good.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »

Could not agree more.  Those line-ups suffered on that front, badly.  Axl was all alone up there, pretty much.

Sosso
VIP

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2017, 02:53:08 PM »

Could not agree more.  Those line-ups suffered on that front, badly.  Axl was all alone up there, pretty much.

Seriously? Don't you like Robins backing vocals on NIGHTRAIN?

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: