Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:28:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 252525 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1660 on: November 12, 2015, 10:01:07 AM »

I don't believe there's any negotiation involved for minor leaguers. MLB can do whatever they want.

Correct.

There is no really no negotiation.  The only grounds for appeal is if you believe there was procedural/testing error (like: bad sample or incorrectly labeled sample). You have to prove it.  And it's all or nothing (no reductions, etc).

MLBPA doesn't get involved, at all.

Not the appeal, I meant negotiation for the rules to begin with, like if there's a collective bargaining agreement for the minor leaguers, does the MLBPA help them with that?  I'm guessing based on the 'MLB' part of MLBPA, the answer is no.  Also, I'd be surprised if the union would ever agree to 50 games for smoking pot.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1661 on: November 12, 2015, 10:06:26 AM »

Oh.. nobody mentioned...

very disappointed to hear about Jose Reyes... all accounts say he is a good guy..

But there is no excuse for that, very few things upset me more than putting hands on a women.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1662 on: November 12, 2015, 12:41:53 PM »

Oh.. nobody mentioned...

very disappointed to hear about Jose Reyes... all accounts say he is a good guy..

But there is no excuse for that, very few things upset me more than putting hands on a women.

Yeah, that was disappointing, to say the least.  His career has been in sharp decline in recent years and it took a massive drop when he was traded from a contender to a last place team far from his home.  It's not unusual for career problems to transfer over to personal and home problems.  No excuse either way, he should pay the price for this and then get his shit together. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1663 on: November 12, 2015, 03:08:06 PM »

Not the appeal, I meant negotiation for the rules to begin with, like if there's a collective bargaining agreement for the minor leaguers, does the MLBPA help them with that?  I'm guessing based on the 'MLB' part of MLBPA, the answer is no.  Also, I'd be surprised if the union would ever agree to 50 games for smoking pot.

Pretty much as you figure, the answer is nope.

Minor league players have no union, really.  SOME things (draft bonuses, etc) are covered by the MLBPA bargaining agreement, but only in a very tangent sort of way.  The union doesn't negotiate on behalf of, or offer any protection of, players not on someone's 40 man MLB roster (and those on the 40 man, if not playing at the big league level, have reduced protecgtion/bargaining efforts..but they get SOMETHING).

Essentially, whatever MLB decides the rules are, and the process is, is what it is for the minor league teams.

They've tried to sue (as recently as April of this year, actually...in an attempted class action suit over wage scale) before, and had very little success.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1664 on: November 12, 2015, 06:35:45 PM »

It appears Colby Rasmus will be the first player ever to accept a qualifying offer and remain with the Astros. Smart move imo. The Astros could be about ready to take off and be a real force in the AL.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1665 on: November 12, 2015, 08:52:05 PM »

It appears Colby Rasmus will be the first player ever to accept a qualifying offer and remain with the Astros. Smart move imo. The Astros could be about ready to take off and be a real force in the AL.

Should have never QO'd him, lifetime .240 hitter, strikes out 1/3 of the time and is horrific fielder and baserunner.

Good for Colby getting the $ tho, he never would've got that on the open market.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1666 on: November 12, 2015, 11:39:04 PM »

Yep can't fault the guy for taking that kinda money.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1667 on: November 12, 2015, 11:53:08 PM »

Should have never QO'd him, lifetime .240 hitter, strikes out 1/3 of the time and is horrific fielder and baserunner.

Good for Colby getting the $ tho, he never would've got that on the open market.

Good luck with that signing hahaha   You could be able to get 15 colbys for that price
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1668 on: November 12, 2015, 11:56:48 PM »

Oh.. nobody mentioned...

Those Dominican boys sure have short fuses

I read the report   It wasn't that bad..... 

Don't get me wrong, don't touch a woman.

But didn't she know who she was married too?

She could of easily snuck between his legs   No way he would of caught that   

haha
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1669 on: November 12, 2015, 11:59:52 PM »

I don't believe there's any negotiation involved for minor leaguers. MLB can do whatever they want.

As much as everyone I head talking about how MLB has no salary cap....  How the players make so much

Ya ya ya

MLB, they own your ass until you are proven.....   Or, are like 30 years old....

Still

I am still applying for the jay first base coach job
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1670 on: November 13, 2015, 10:15:47 AM »

As much as everyone I head talking about how MLB has no salary cap....  How the players make so much

Ya ya ya

MLB, they own your ass until you are proven.....   Or, are like 30 years old....

Still

I am still applying for the jay first base coach job

Lately, having no salary cap is working against them because it prevents the players from guaranteeing themselves a minimum share of league revenue.  NBA, NHL and NFL players get at least 50% of league revenues under their CBAs (maybe a bit less for NFL because the % depends on the type of revenue).  With the MLB's more free market approach, the players have been getting only 43%. 

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1671 on: November 14, 2015, 12:36:51 AM »

Big trade for the Red Sox. Acquiring Craig Kimbrel for 4 prospects, 2 of them highly touted. It was a pretty steep price, but none of the guys are really anywhere close to major league ready. And they're prospects, which involves some unknown. From what I've heard, Margot will be a quality major league OF and Guerra has a good glove. But the Sox have Bogaerts at SS and a number of good young outfielders, so they were dealing from a position of strength. And Kimbrel is pretty darn good too. Signed for two more years with an option for a 3rd. Koji will slide down to the 8th inning, Tazawa to the 7th.

The one argument you could make is that the Red Sox could've just signed Andrew Miller last year and been able to hold onto the prospects this year, but you can't erase the past. I'd say it's a good first major move by Dombrowski given the situation he inherited. He also said that they'd likely look to free agency to acquire an ace. So Price, Greinke, Cueto, Zimmerman may all be in play.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1672 on: November 14, 2015, 01:25:37 AM »

I really like the Estrada singing for the Jays today

You get a stud coming off a career year and a spread out cost......

We need 2 more starters though
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1673 on: November 17, 2015, 01:10:22 PM »

Report coming out that Big Papi is going to retire after the 2016 season.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1674 on: November 17, 2015, 02:28:24 PM »

Report coming out that Big Papi is going to retire after the 2016 season.
I heard them talking about that on EEI and they all refused to believe it. Asking why he would retire when he had such a great 2nd half. Could he just feel like it's time to move on? Not sure why that'd be so hard to believe. Maybe Hanley can hang around one more year before he fits his natural role as DH. I shudder at the thought of him playing 1B next season. It should be quite ugly.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1675 on: November 20, 2015, 08:24:14 AM »

Mvp baby!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1676 on: November 20, 2015, 11:25:24 PM »

Hendrix was a bullpen bulldog.   Why trade him for this stiff
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1677 on: November 21, 2015, 10:09:57 AM »

Hendrix was a bullpen bulldog.   Why trade him for this stiff
Chavez is a decent back of the rotation guy, but it does seem like kind of an odd move.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1678 on: November 27, 2015, 08:06:35 PM »

J.A. Happ to the Blue Jays. 3yrs 36 million.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1679 on: November 27, 2015, 10:44:16 PM »

Looks like Puig is back in the news for all the wrong reasons. He's being investigated by MLB for a domestic dispute he had with his sister at a martini bar allegedly shoving her, then getting in an altercation with the bouncer.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 89 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: