Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:10:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 257787 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1580 on: October 24, 2015, 12:29:33 AM »

But I tell you.   That was not a home run earlier.   

That was not a stoke agaisnt revere
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1581 on: October 24, 2015, 12:38:16 AM »

Even if it wasn't there's no guarantee he still wouldn't have struck out on the next pitch.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1582 on: October 24, 2015, 01:04:22 AM »

I just rewatched the game since the rain out

The strike zone totally changed

Whatever

Cya in March

Hahahaha

Is anyone interested in a hockey thread???  huge oiler fan here!!!!   
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1583 on: October 24, 2015, 01:37:51 AM »

I hope we sign Chris Davis     

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #1584 on: October 24, 2015, 06:56:20 AM »

Congratulations to the Kansas City Royals. Hopefully they can beat the Mets and win the World Series.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1585 on: October 24, 2015, 11:50:24 AM »

Looking forward to this WS for the most part.

I'm an NL guy all the way but will be pulling hard for the Royals.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, my last living uncle is a huge fan and is the final stages of a long, cool life.

This one's for you Uncle Joe - GO ROYALS!

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1586 on: October 24, 2015, 12:49:12 PM »

How do you get a guy to third
Zero outs
And not score that run

How!!!!!

Are you kidding me?!?!!?

Let's go mets

Hope the umps and New York have your back more than ours
I hate blaming the umps, and don't think they're the reason Toronto lost one bit. But the Jays did seem to be on the wrong side of quite a few questionable calls in both series. Tough luck. Ultimately though, I don't think their pitching was good enough when it came right down to it. They'll be in the mix again next year though. The lineup will still be one of the best. Need to improve that staff though to advance further.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1587 on: October 24, 2015, 01:14:57 PM »

As mentioned earlier in the thread, my last living uncle is a huge fan and is the final stages of a long, cool life.

If the Royals do win i hope he's still healthy enough to enjoy it.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1588 on: October 24, 2015, 01:35:58 PM »

I've seen about 20. Different shots and replays.

The grounds rule for that park says, if it hits the TOP of the wall ( the flat surface on top) its a home run.

Overhead views make it look like it would have hit the top.

Other views make it look like it might have hot the top corner, and bounced.

I think the option to not overturn the call on the field was right.....because there is no clear angle.

I think the call on the field could have gone either way...its literally too hard to tell for the cameras, never mind live umps.

It sucks that its the call that sinks your teams season, but, outside looking in, its not a clear cut case of fan interference and a botched call.

As for the strike zone....in the al playoffs, from wc, to alds, to alcs...its generally sucked. And every team has seen its effects at various times.  If you look at game 3....kc pitchers were getting squeezed the whole game...and the jays took advantage by pounding them.

It was inconsistent last night, for sure, too.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 01:39:10 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1589 on: October 24, 2015, 01:41:43 PM »

Thanks Tim, very thoughtful of you.

He is, he's in his late 80's and was diagnosed with Parkinson's recently but still semi mobile and alert .

And still loves "his Royals". Smiley

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1590 on: October 24, 2015, 03:50:07 PM »

I've seen about 20. Different shots and replays.

The grounds rule for that park says, if it hits the TOP of the wall ( the flat surface on top) its a home run.

Overhead views make it look like it would have hit the top.

Other views make it look like it might have hot the top corner, and bounced.

I think the option to not overturn the call on the field was right.....because there is no clear angle.

I think the call on the field could have gone either way...its literally too hard to tell for the cameras, never mind live umps.

It sucks that its the call that sinks your teams season, but, outside looking in, its not a clear cut case of fan interference and a botched call.

As for the strike zone....in the al playoffs, from wc, to alds, to alcs...its generally sucked. And every team has seen its effects at various times.  If you look at game 3....kc pitchers were getting squeezed the whole game...and the jays took advantage by pounding them.

It was inconsistent last night, for sure, too.

Nah they showed the one shot that mattered on TV. The shot that showed the fan stretched out as far as that fan could stretch there fat chip eating body.  The shot where all the commentators even said it shouldn't be a home run.  The shot where it showed if the fan didn't touch the ball it would of bounced back into the park.   The shot where all the announcers were saying the fan would be ejected from the game.  Then next thing you know he is being inerviewed by Erin Andrews.  First time that bum has probably ever talked to a girl.   

Let's go oilers!

Let's go mets!l.  I hope they sweep KC

Hope the jays sign Estrada too a contract.  Hope we also sign cris Davis to a contract as well
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1591 on: October 24, 2015, 04:23:58 PM »

Thanks Tim, very thoughtful of you.

He is, he's in his late 80's and was diagnosed with Parkinson's recently but still semi mobile and alert .

And still loves "his Royals". Smiley

Good to know he's still alert enough that he'll be able to enjoy it. Sucks about the parkinsons. Terrible terrible debilitating disease. I lost my grandparents to dementia and alzheimers. So i completely understand. They became lifelong Met fans after the Dodgers went to LA. I wish they had made it to see this for the very same reason you are pulling for the Royals.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 04:31:50 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1592 on: October 24, 2015, 04:41:01 PM »

Interesting decision to start Harvey in Game 1, woulda gone Degromm if I were Collins.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1593 on: October 24, 2015, 04:49:06 PM »

How the hell could the jays have a runner on third!   Wit zero outs!   And not score him!!    Zero outs!   Brutal
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1594 on: October 24, 2015, 04:55:16 PM »

Interesting decision to start Harvey in Game 1, woulda gone Degromm if I were Collins.
You could be right but really with that rotation there are no wrong picks for game 1. All of those  guys could be #1 on any other pitching staff.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1595 on: October 24, 2015, 05:34:13 PM »

You could be right but really with that rotation there are no wrong picks for game 1. All of those  guys could be #1 on any other pitching staff.

Good point although I'd personally go with the guy that's most likely to give you the most innings and for me, that's Degrom.

A nice problem to have if you're Collins regardless.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1596 on: October 24, 2015, 08:30:38 PM »

I agree with you there. I think DeGrom is probably the best of them. I hope the mets can keep them all if they do the future is very bright in Flushing.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1597 on: October 25, 2015, 08:26:08 AM »

I think this article has it exactly right on the home run: http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25351371/mike-moustakas-controversial-home-run-upheld-by-replay

I know the announcers said it wasnt, live, but again...heat of the moment.

The front view makes it look worse than any other...but the overhead view gives you perspective on the "stretch" and makes it look like he just can't lean over the field of play. It looks like it was either going to hit the field side top corner...and maybe bounce back (if it bounces over, its a home run) or it was going to hit the top front, which is a home run. I've heard analysis from mlb network, espn, cbs sports, etc, etc....and i dont't think i've heard anyone else say, categorically, it 100% wasn't a home run. It was a ridiculously close call that could have gone either way....

Looking at the various relpays in sum total (and not just one angle), you just can't tell. So you stick with the call on the field.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 08:32:04 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1598 on: October 25, 2015, 11:54:50 AM »

I think this article has it exactly right on the home run: http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25351371/mike-moustakas-controversial-home-run-upheld-by-replay

I know the announcers said it wasnt, live, but again...heat of the moment.

The front view makes it look worse than any other...but the overhead view gives you perspective on the "stretch" and makes it look like he just can't lean over the field of play. It looks like it was either going to hit the field side top corner...and maybe bounce back (if it bounces over, its a home run) or it was going to hit the top front, which is a home run. I've heard analysis from mlb network, espn, cbs sports, etc, etc....and i dont't think i've heard anyone else say, categorically, it 100% wasn't a home run. It was a ridiculously close call that could have gone either way....

Looking at the various relpays in sum total (and not just one angle), you just can't tell. So you stick with the call on the field.

I don't agree

A fan clearliy reached over and grabbed the ball.   What if the bum dropped the ball?  Still a homerun?

A fan clearly reached over and grabbed the ball.  The umps on the field must of seen this and still rules of a Homer?  I get that New York has a hard time over turning the feilds decision.   But why was that decision made on the field?  Like the anouncers in the heat of the moment called it not a home run.   How come the umpires didn't??   How come so many of these u pure calls in the heat of the moment.  Went agaisnt the Jays?

Because the fox was in!!!!!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1599 on: October 25, 2015, 11:56:13 AM »

So with the fix in

And the Jays not being able to score runners from scoring positions

And the fact we only had one Joey bats and not 9 Joey bats we lost

The better team didn't win. 
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 89 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: