Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:23:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 252479 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1680 on: November 28, 2015, 08:48:13 PM »

J.A. Happ to the Blue Jays. 3yrs 36 million.

happ stinks.   What a horrible signing.    Guess price why be back. Jays are at nearly 140 million now.   With crap in the rotation and squat in the bullpen.   Ugh
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1681 on: November 28, 2015, 11:44:07 PM »

happ stinks.   What a horrible signing.    Guess price why be back. Jays are at nearly 140 million now.   With crap in the rotation and squat in the bullpen.   Ugh
Happ had a really nice end to the season in Pittsburgh so maybe he figured some things out. Or maybe he's just meant to pitch in the NL.

Sounds like the Red Sox are the favorites to at least bid the most on Price. Sure seems like Dombrowski is dedicated to getting an ace, no matter the cost.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1682 on: November 29, 2015, 04:03:11 PM »

Jordan Zimmerman to the Tigers.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1683 on: December 01, 2015, 02:26:53 AM »

Happ had a really nice end to the season in Pittsburgh so maybe he figured some things out. Or maybe he's just meant to pitch in the NL.

Sounds like the Red Sox are the favorites to at least bid the most on Price. Sure seems like Dombrowski is dedicated to getting an ace, no matter the cost.

If the Jays paid me at least 500 000 I would pitch for them next year and have exactly the same amount of win has  JA Crapp... 

I was so happy in Seattle when the Jays hit him out of the game in July...   I laughed my ass off.....

Now he is back???

Cause he did good in NL in the final few months, against a few aaa teams...  With zero hitting...

Jays fans were very happy to get rid of this stiff...  Even for a guy that broke his knee on a sprinkler head

Now he is back??

Brutal

Jays owners are a bunch of bums
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1684 on: December 01, 2015, 05:30:44 PM »

David Price to Boston, 7 Years and 274 million! opt out in last 3 years of the deal.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1685 on: December 01, 2015, 05:42:41 PM »

David Price to Boston, 7 Years and 274 million! opt out in last 3 years of the deal.

Wow!!!  7 years for a 30-year old pitcher.  90% of the league cannot compete against that... more pressure on the scouts to find them young.  In any case, Red Sox now have the best leftie in the AL.

I'm seeing $217M in the articles I read, where was $274M reported?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1686 on: December 01, 2015, 05:51:24 PM »

Wow!!!  7 years for a 30-year old pitcher.  90% of the league cannot compete against that... more pressure on the scouts to find them young.  In any case, Red Sox now have the best leftie in the AL.

It's 217 with an opt out.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1687 on: December 01, 2015, 06:03:58 PM »

Oops got the numbers mixed up a little there.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1688 on: December 01, 2015, 06:05:10 PM »

My fault, read it wrong on my twitter feed.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1689 on: December 01, 2015, 06:24:48 PM »

Thats a bit more than a million bucks a start....assuming he stays healthy the next 7 years.

Good for price, bad for the al east, and.....ouch for the red sox. Makes them hugely better short term. But at year 5.. If you thunk the yanks are overpaying for cc, i predict ths deal is not any better. We will see.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1690 on: December 01, 2015, 06:46:04 PM »

7 year deal for pitcher at age 30+ is insanity. I mean when will these teams learn. Im a yankee fan who loved CC early on and now for the  last 3-5 years of his contract he has been dreadful. Price will be good for first few years but those last 4 years will be dreadful most likely

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1691 on: December 01, 2015, 07:25:15 PM »

According to B/R Price was all set to sign with the Cardinals until the Red Sox made that final push.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1692 on: December 02, 2015, 09:10:11 AM »

It's the necessary evil if you can't grow your own pitchers. They are obviously better today then they were yesterday, but by year 4 or 5 he will be so hated up there because of his contract and performance... that he will beg to give money back ! (obviously i'm joking)

I just still for the life me can't understand why they ever let Lester leave.. he was "their guy" too. You also can't use the argument that they don't sign older pitchers anymore either.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1693 on: December 02, 2015, 10:07:52 AM »

It's the necessary evil if you can't grow your own pitchers. They are obviously better today then they were yesterday, but by year 4 or 5 he will be so hated up there because of his contract and performance... that he will beg to give money back ! (obviously i'm joking)

Is that the case with Sabathia?  I would think he's built up enough goodwill on the front-end of his contract that he's not a hated target among the fanbase even though he's not much good anymore.  Could see that playing out the same way with Price. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1694 on: December 02, 2015, 10:17:47 AM »

Is that the case with Sabathia?  I would think he's built up enough goodwill on the front-end of his contract that he's not a hated target among the fanbase even though he's not much good anymore.  Could see that playing out the same way with Price. 

I love CC... have nothing but respect for him.. he has been a horse for us. Always max effort.

He helped us win a ring and i believe won 19 games 4 years in a row... Will be tough for Price to match that, but you are right.. if he does match that... then Boston fans I would think would feel the same way we feel about CC.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1695 on: December 02, 2015, 10:44:32 AM »

Yeah I can't say anything bad about cc for the beginning of his Yankee tenure. He was the horse that led us for years and we would not have won in 2009 without him. For that I will always think of him fondly.
These last 3 or 4 years with him have been a nightmare though.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1696 on: December 02, 2015, 10:48:24 AM »

Yeah I can't say anything bad about cc for the beginning of his Yankee tenure. He was the horse that led us for years and we would not have won in 2009 without him. For that I will always think of him fondly.

Yeah...

But with all of the innings he's logged in his career... It was to be expected. We got our moneys worth with him. We should have let him walk when he opted out... but easy to say now.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1697 on: December 02, 2015, 11:28:21 AM »

The calls to remove him from the rotation, from the fanbase this year, were so loud I'm surprised you didn't hear them at the Citi Field. Hell, I'm surprised they weren't heard out in L.A.

Is he hated? No, not really.  But he's not universally loved, either. And his opting to enter rehab on the eve of the playoffs didn't ingratiate himself with a lot of fans, either..

BUT his contract is pretty universally hated, because it's viewed as being a big reason the Yanks don't go out and sign another top of the rotation guy. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1698 on: December 02, 2015, 11:38:16 AM »

That's a lot of money for Price.    It sure was nice having him as a Jay but I don't they would of even of been in the ballpark for that type of sallery.   Probably 117 million apart. 

I think it's horrible that he is in the AL east.  Sure would of liked him to be in the NL.   

novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1699 on: December 02, 2015, 11:56:27 AM »

Yeah...

But with all of the innings he's logged in his career... It was to be expected. We got our moneys worth with him. We should have let him walk when he opted out... but easy to say now.

Yeah I love CC and was pumped when we resigned him. Looking back wish we had him for less years lol But i hope he gets better and turns his life around. Will always love the guy

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 89 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: