Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:41:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose among Eddie Trunk's 10 favorite That Metal Show guests
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose among Eddie Trunk's 10 favorite That Metal Show guests  (Read 4597 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: February 25, 2015, 12:51:35 PM »

His recollection of the night of the Axl interview:

"One that I'm asked about constantly is Axl Rose. We went down to Miami to interview Axl, not knowing if we were ever going to get the interview. My producer thought it was worth the gamble to get on a plane and go to Miami and try to see if we could get him. We got there and went into the arena, at about two o'clock that afternoon, where Guns was playing that night. Axl is notorious for going on late. But we were set up on time. And at four o'clock that afternoon, from a tunnel, in walks Axl. He gives me a wave, says, 'Hey, it's really good to see you, man.' And we thought, 'It's really gonna happen. We'll be able to do the interview and get the hell out of here.' Hours go by. And nothing. He goes onstage... at midnight. We're there, at this point, 10 hours. Axl plays a three-hour set. Gets offstage at 3 a.m. I've been there 12 hours and I'm pretty much delirious. I say to my producer, 'We have to call this thing.' But we stay. Now it's five in the morning and I think I'm going to take a walk and find out what the hell is going on? So I walk down the hallway and it's like a scene out of Almost Famous. There's talking, beers being drunk, smoke in the air, girls and guys sitting on road cases. We're bleary-eyed, but we go back to our position, and sure enough at about six in the morning, there's Axl, like it was six at night. And he's like, 'Hey you guys still here? Nobody really told me about it. Sure I'll sit down and talk.' And,  honestly, as cool as it was to have that moment, it's one interview I wish I had back. Because, by this time, due to exhaustion, I just wanted to get out of there. I wasn't as sharp as I might have been and on top of my game, if it had been at a reasonable time. But Axl really wanted to talk about music.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a33261/eddie-trunk-metal-show-guests/

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 12:54:49 PM »

There was obviously a communication issue there. Somebody forgot to tell Axl they were waiting. Ha.

Poor DJ... They didn't ask him one question haha... at least not one that made it thru editing.

They did a good job, I was real excited to see that one.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 12:56:28 PM »

There was obviously a communication issue there. Somebody forgot to tell Axl they were waiting. Ha.

Poor DJ... They didn't ask him one question haha... at least not one that made it thru editing.

They did a good job, I was real excited to see that one.

There was a separate Dj interview posted online, not included in the actual episode. But, yeah.. it must've been a bit awkward for him to sit there through the Axl interview.  hihi

I laughed at the end of the interview when Axl said: "next time, if Dj could not talk over me through the interview" or something like that.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 01:01:36 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 01:20:09 PM »

does anybody know where to watch the interview?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 01:34:52 PM »

Seems like Eddie is eager to interview Axl again due to the circumstances the last time around. I assume they've made a request for the taping of the current season of TMS. Hopefully he says yes to another interview soon.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 02:01:49 PM »

That interview was cool, but I thought the one in 2006 was really wild because it all came together so on the fly.

And, we hadn't heard from the guy in forever.  It was like a Proof Of Life video.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 02:08:37 PM »

That interview was cool, but I thought the one in 2006 was really wild because it all came together so on the fly.

And, we hadn't heard from the guy in forever.  It was like a Proof Of Life video.

You're talking the radio interview, that Sebastian Bach sort of orchestrated?

"On the fly".....  Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 02:11:12 PM »

"On the fly".....  Wink

Yep.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 02:15:47 PM »

"On the fly".....  Wink

Yep.

Just in case anyone's memory needs refreshing, here's a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8LEEtuO2oI

This might be one of my favorite interview pieces, ever....not just of Axl, or in music...but EVER.

Because it's a SOMEWHAT unscripted ambush.  Not a hostile one, for sure, but an ambush all the same.

And then the ambush ultimately ambushes the ambushers. Tongue

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 02:18:05 PM »

"On the fly".....  Wink

Yep.

This might be one of my favorite interview pieces, ever....not just of Axl, or in music...but EVER.

Because it's a SOMEWHAT unscripted ambush.  Not a hostile one, for sure, but an ambush all the same.

That was an epic evening...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 02:21:13 PM »

"On the fly".....  Wink

Yep.

Yup, I remember listening to it, live, and posting about it here for the entire night.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 02:39:12 PM »

I was over at MYGNR at the time, but I agree.  Pretty wild evening.

I was even going to some other boards I go to about totally unrelated topics and plugging it.

I did the same for Axl's chats too.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 02:42:32 PM »

"On the fly".....  Wink

Yep.

Yup, I remember listening to it, live, and posting about it here for the entire night.

Same here. Although I didn't post much back then. I USED to be a big wrestling fan, so I got a kick out of how cringeworthy Jericho was every time he opened his mouth. Haha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 02:51:21 PM »

Same here. Although I didn't post much back then. I USED to be a big wrestling fan, so I got a kick out of how cringeworthy Jericho was every time he opened his mouth. Haha

I love Jericho.  He is on my Mount Rushmore of alltime faves.

The weird thing is that part of the reason I like him is that I think he has a great personality.  But, like you, I often find myself cringing watching him do other things.  I think he comes off forced and out of place.  Which is odd with a guy with his charisma and great sense of humor.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2015, 04:06:33 PM »

I liked him in the ring too. His debut on RAW when he interrupted Mr Maiava in Chicago is one of my favorite moments. 

It's been reported that all the guys got really drunk that night after the show on the radio... I'd imagine those were good times lol

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 07:22:31 PM »

I love Jericho.  He is on my Mount Rushmore of alltime faves.

The weird thing is that part of the reason I like him is that I think he has a great personality.  But, like you, I often find myself cringing watching him do other things.  I think he comes off forced and out of place.  Which is odd with a guy with his charisma and great sense of humor.

Better in wcw.

His podcasts are hilarious. I think his sardonic side can come across as forced..lbut i think thats sorta the point. It comes with an implied wink wink nudge nudge.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 07:24:07 PM »

I liked him in the ring too. His debut on RAW when he interrupted Mr Maiava in Chicago is one of my favorite moments. 

It's been reported that all the guys got really drunk that night after the show on the radio... I'd imagine those were good times lol

Thats a true fact.

They went out drinking til about 6am, talking music and swapping stories. Trunk confirmed that...said there were epic stories he could never share (not just from axl, either).

Together again,
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 07:27:25 PM »

His debut on RAW was awesome and a classic!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 07:28:53 PM »

Sorry to have to end all this wrestling talk, but we have a dedicated sports section for that kind of stuff.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 07:34:11 PM »

Thats a true fact.

They went out drinking til about 6am, talking music and swapping stories. Trunk confirmed that...said there were epic stories he could never share (not just from axl, either).

One little bit was that Axl was really interested to talk more about music, at one point asking Eddie what he thought about Nazareth. Eddie naming his favorite Nazareth song and then Axl smiling. Seemed to be an extension of what went on in the radio studio.

That radio interview could probably have lasted 3 more hours and they still wouldn't be running out of things to discuss.  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 07:41:50 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: